New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Curse of the Slave-Master (Side Game)

One - The Schoolmaster
    Last edited by cintain; 2008-05-15 at 11:32 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Curse of the Slave-Master (Side Game)

Alkalath

A small figure covered in a royal blue cape removes his hood to show grey hair and turquoise eyes

"My my, this does sound interesting. This does sound interesting. I didn't have high hopes for this night but I am very much willing to hear more of what you have to say Mr. Manderthok"

Alkalath turns around to see every other figure in the room and says

"Well met everyone." (while he shows a smile from the corner of his mouth and makes a small bow to each one, afterwards he whispers) "Very very interesting"

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

PirateCaptain

~Crow~

"Sounds good. As long as I get the information promised to me I'm in." And with a quick glance around the room, "Although I'm not sure I fit in so well here."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Aleathra

The woman introduced as Aleathra nods and smiles at the others as they are introduced. She is on the tall side, and thin enough that she might be called gangly. The robe she is wearing is grey, shading into a navy blue color around her right shoulder and on the back, and has an odd, unfamiliar cut to it; not local garb. As her title would indicate, she is indeed wearing a veil, which wraps about her head and clings to her face as if faintly moist. It is thin, allowing her face to be seen fairly easily; underneath, she has a tangle of thin brown hair hanging near to her shoulders. Her eyes are the most prominent feature of her face; blue-irised, and opened very wide as she looks at everything, making her look either startled or curious. Upon closer inspection, her eyes are somewhat reddened, as if she had stared into the sun for too long.

"Of course, of course," she says, waving a hand as if to shoo away the formalities. "Would I have come had I not agreed to these? Be at ease, Master Artus."
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Andrati Adrian Nightingale

Leaning against a wall is a human male of unassuming stature, dressed in a traditional black kimono and hakama. Below the left shoulder there is a circle with an image of a nightingale. He has short black hair and his eyes are concealed by a pair of glasses with dark purple lenses. He listens quitely as everyone is introduced. When Manderthok finishes speaking, he quitely states "I am more than capable of being discreet, as I am sure you already know. Continue."
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2008-03-27 at 12:58 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

As the others gave their consent, Amos fiddled with his grenades. Out of courtesy to the schoolmaster he'd left his gun at home, but just to be contrary he didn't come unarmed. To the untrained observer he might have merely brought a wide selection of potions, but the ceramic vials adorning his belt were far more volatile than even alchemist's fire. Idly, he flipped one from hand to hand as he thought.

He didn't recognise half the people here. The black belt, sure. The pirate, sure. But the marketplace avenger? You've got to be kidding me. Lixius he'd never heard of nor seen, and this oracle woman sounded only vaguely familiar.

As the others had all agreed to discretion, all eyes turned on him. He snorted, a long deep phlegmy snort not meant for polite company. Then he started in with his broken hillbilly speech.

"Farginol, Artus 'ere ain't go put a damn one in a easy way. Done 'bout a law time in at a school 'ere, done 'bout a law time with a good work. Ain't never been axed a go on errand afore. Go a damn sigh 'nuff work a do jess in a day at it, an' ah do it no 'plaints. Don't know as I'se still a young'un a'more to go a runnin' on services an a like. One bunch a whiskers won't marry a cow, won't marry a toad, go put a tall in a dangol' darry-town, eh heh! Tha'ts my ma alwez say."

He looks at the confused faces and grins. "Poin' bein', what ah got a go for if'n I on't even know? I on't give my word to nothin' withou' a knowin' where I fix it, that's what. So let's hear it a one, 'en I tell you if'n you gots me, or what all. Heh."
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

You can grab it on Kindle or paperback.

Proud to GM two Warhammer Adventures:

Plays as Ulrich, Student of Law

7. - Top - End - #7

PirateCaptain

~Crow~

((Whoops. Forgot description))
    The booming voice comes from a very large man lounging in a chair easily twice the size of the others in the room. His long red hair is in dreadlocks and he wears a blood red chain shirt under a black cloak with what looks like webbing embroidered on it. Two 40 lb hammers rest beside his chair beside a giant 12 foot monstrosity which closely resembles a bow. Finally a many pronged short spiked whip rests on his belt.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

"Golldarnit." Amos runs a hand through his unkempt dark beard, uneven and apparently singed in placed. "When a first day a market, an how long we gets?"
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-03-27 at 10:52 PM.
    I just published my first novella, Lúnasa Days, a modern fantasy with a subtle, uncertain magic.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Andrati Adrian Nightingale

"Aleathra, Alkalath, and myself would seem most well suited to this particular task. Unless you have anything to add, I will begin to make inquiries into the matter. Do you happen to know what our timeframe is?"
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2008-03-28 at 12:53 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

As Arthur Manderthock speaks, Alkalath smiles and sits comfortably in his chair and rests his head sideways on his fist as if he held the winning hand of a poker game. After the head master finishes his request he straightens his head and smiles widely
    "Mr. Manderthok, is that one slave really worth all this trouble? And to do this quietly non the less. I do wonder whats inside this Ink'or fellow's head. But I am more intrigued by the contents of that letter you mentioned just now. Do you think I could take a look at it? After all I already agreed to forget this meeting ever took place."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

Amos snorts, sitting back on the edge of a heavy mahogany table and continuing to flip a grenade in his hand as if it were a child's plaything. Very deliberately, and still with a drawl, he looks at the pirate and says: "Arkarubia is it, eh? I reckon we got Mister Crow ship a for us 'ere?"
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-03-28 at 12:17 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

Alkalath sighs heavily to manderthok's response

I do have a question for you though
    Do you believe that Droman found a road to Phanderia?

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

Lixius

Very slowly and deliberately Lixius stows the small crystal shard orbiting her staff and then taps once on the lone crystal that was seated there. The crystal falls towards the floor and Lixius seems unconcerned as it falls. A foot above the floor the crystal begins moving in a new direction and moves lazily around the room as though it were reading books and inspecting various items it continues to move seemingly of it's own accord.

After taking a few uneven steps forward Lixius looks around the room and asks. "Where was this man Ink'or from? How is it that he happens to be a slave now? I will need more information as well about who is holding him. When you say "without bringing any attention to ourselves..." do you mean individually or as a whole? It might even be best to allow someone to take the credit or blame so that those involved do not search too deeply for answers we do not want them to find..." She lets the sentence ebb into silence and waits for a response to her questions quietly and patiently.
    Last edited by Timaoh; 2008-03-29 at 10:01 AM.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

Alkalath shows a strange smile at the reaction of Artus Maderthok and then continues

I am very sorry to inform all of you that I don't have the sort of information on Ursel that would be particularly helpful on the task at hand... I am sorry.

He waits a little, then he turns to the schoolmaster and smiles yet again

Mr. Manderthok, I believe you will provide us with the sort of information we need, or rather I hope you do. In either case I'm in, and although this whole thing frightens me, I would like to see it through.

Oh yes, and I regret not paying the proper attention but is Ink'or currently in Arkarubia or has he already arrived to Olldrok?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Aleathra

"Where at which point?" Aleathra murmurs to herself as Alkalath finishes. "Such a narrow, winding road we must take aim at."

"We have no ship to carry us over burning sands, I fear—not yet." She smiles sympathetically up at the twelve-foot Crow as she speaks, eyes still opened wide behind the veil; the faint red tint to them gives her smile an odd look, slightly disconcerting, though the sentiment looks genuine. "Not yet. We may wait at the portal town, and steal away Ink'or there—but then he would take the cruel brands of slavery with him to freedom. We may seek them out in the sands, but that would mean more risk, and be far longer. But which, which?" She glances about with round eyes, looking at each in turn without blinking.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

Alkalath turns to see Aleathra and turns his head slightly to the side and then answers

Aleathra of the veil... I'm sorry to say that I have heard only rumors of you. Alkalath smiles friendlily and then continues.
    I would much rather go after Ink'or in Arkarubia, that is if we still have enough time Mr. Manderthok, and something to get there.
    Last edited by Fenrir; 2008-03-30 at 11:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Andrati

"Normally, in this situation, I would recommend that we rescue a large portion of the slaves, so that no one specific slave would have drawn to him. Of course, now that I have been brought into this, that will no longer work as a strategy. We shouldn't have to travel though, our quarry is in Olldrock. For now. As for questions, why don't you start by telling us where our target is being held, and how long he will be there. Also, what are the capabilities of his captor, and is there any reason that he should not have an unfortunate accident?"
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Aleathra

"But an accident draws many eyes," Aleathra murmurs quietly, once again as if to herself. She smiles at Alkalath, crossing the room to peer down at him. "Ah, the echoes of my passage are no more or less than any other's, save that I travel more than most. I have heard you, though." She pats his shoulder with another smile, then looks up, looking between Artus and Andrati as the latter asks his questions.

"And we are back to the question of that winding road again! I can feel him now, in the city. Unbent, unbroken, but bleeding; we should not leave him there longer than need be. An old name, Ink'or; he is not the first to inherit it." She seems to have shifted abruptly to muttering to herself again, looking slightly downwards for the space of a sentence before looking up again with clear, unblinking eyes.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

Amos waited a while for the pirate to answer about his ship, but obviously the man wasn't talking. When the oracle mentions that Ink'or is already in the city, Amos shrugs.

"That sound like a good mess a queshuns for a day a raccoon fees pilin'. But ah ain't no come 'ere for a raccoon fees or a gabmoutha. Reckon these folks ain't neither. You get all them around a one table, you mus' be offerin' some kin' big ol' on-RARE-um. If they get a wallets full gol', but ol' Amos get left a nuthin but his hand in a pickle jar, how that goin' look a mornin'? All due 'spect Mishta Mannertoe, I need a know they price and mine. Only way a do business, yessir."
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-03-31 at 08:58 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20

PirateCaptain

~Crow~

"As Aleathra says Amos, we have no ship. But I intend to fix that," the giant says with a meaningful glance at Manderthok. "I'm still not sure as to how though."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

Amos nods triumphantly. "I got a ol' pair boots what need a mendin'. I'll bring 'em by."
    Last edited by Another_Poet; 2008-03-31 at 09:02 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Andrati

"You are asking my time and the use of talents unique to me to pursue the goals of a friend in honor of his memory. My price is the same task that you ask of me. If you know me as well as you claim, I need say no more."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

Alkalath smiles every time that Artus Manderthok meets his eyes, He then turns to see Aleathra and frowns his face as if he were trying to get inside her mind, after a very short moment he smiles again

I'm intrigued as to how my name got to you, and let me say I'm honored.

He then turns to see each of the people inside the room and tells them

It seems that my knowledge on the subject will be helpful if only a little to us all, Ursel is indeed dangerous, as Mr. Manderthok said trolls and Ogres will probably face us, but what wearies me is that any who stand against him end up as slaves in distant planes, or so I've heard. But then again the same goes for most of the people in this room.

He smiles at each of the five visitors to the room. the last he faces for a moment and grins

As for the unfortunate accident Andrati, If I'm permitted to call you that, I would much rather not start a war in Olldrok, for it will probably come to pass if the Githyanki put the blame on the Slaadi. And also I agree with you, we should rescue at least a handful of slaves, but I would be very pleased if we could do it in a way that wouldn't drive the attention to Slaadi. Perhaps getting rid of the witnesses?...
    I wonder?
    He whispers to himself and turns back to Aleathra and then to Artur Manderthok

Oh and Mr. Manderthok, I do wonder how much time do we have in our hands, and also I wonder what will happen to Ink'or and the other slaves After our task. I suppose we could free the slaves but Ink'or, what will be of him?...

He stays quiet for a moment and then shakes his hands and says with a smirk

Oh silly me, asking these questions, surely time will give the answer.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Aleathra

"No, no, Master Artus, you have given enough for this already. I will burden you no more." Aleathra waves off any notion of payment, though she looks intently at the others, as if waiting to see what they will ask for. Amos's words elicit a slight laugh from her; she shakes her head faintly at Andrati's words, murmuring again. This time, it really is a murmur, so low it's hard to hear her words, much less make them out. "Out of friendship, or out of vengeance? Either weighs heavily."

Then she fixes the schoolmaster with her gaze. "What will become of Ink'or once free, Master Artus? What do you know of him? Born to rule, born to—what?" She stares at him expectantly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

Lixius

Standing off from the others and inspecting some book that her small crystal has seemed to become interested in she takes the book from the shelf and begins turning pages leafing through the book. It seems she is doing this more for the sake of the small crystal then herself as her attention is divided among the other books still on the shelves as she reads the titles nearest her.
    My Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Toir - In Drawn into Ravenloft
    Mirahako - In Bertram's Shadow: Misfits

The city of Otiorin
    Lost in the Depths...

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

When Artus suggests they leave Amos throws all his weight up onto the table he was leaning against, sitting down with a thud and letting his boots clack against the wooden legs. "Now hang it on a danggarbin' minit here!" he exclaims. "Misher Mannertoe, if'n you need a go bed, we can let oursell out when we're done. You want us a keep a SEE-kert, we ain't s'pose a be seen agether, and we gonna haffa meet sumere's a plan stratajems. We already all in a one place, we should talk as we can. More meetin's is more risks."

He looks pointedly around the room, the gleam of intelligence in his eye belying his frontier gibberish voice. When he grins, fangs can be seen in the corners of his mouth. Not the thick, ripping fangs of an orc but the fine, patient fangs of a bat or a dragon. When Amos is sure he has the others' attention he continues.

"Now, I gots a 'gestion. This Ursel feller is a binessman. A evil bonesuckin' treachous binessman, but still one all a same. Like our friend a pirate here." He nods toward Crow. "So I reckon we could make two teams. A one what set up a 'pointer with him a go and 'scuss purchasin' slaves, all like we a buyers what needs 'em, and a other team go in a strike force a spring our Ink'or and get a job done. That way we gots Ursel 'stracted by 'is greed, we gots two teams on a inside, and we gots they ol' s'coority focusin' on a buyer 'stead of a pens."

He beams again as he surveys the room. "'At's what ah call a sudderfidge, yessir." And with a final glance to Nightingale, he adds: "We can even free a ones what we buy... eh HEH heh, hoo!!"

27. - Top - End - #27

PirateCaptain

~Crow~

"This seems like an acceptable plan. And if no one disagrees then I should probably be the one doing the buying. Seeing as I am the most likely to actually have a use for a group of slaves," the giant booms as he looks around the room.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Andrati

"If I understand your plan correctly, I believe I should be part of 'infiltration' team. As should the 'market avenger', as his reputation would spoil the ruse."
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Amos

Amos doesn't disagree with anyone's team preference. After Andrati makes his suggestion, the alchemist grunts his assent and adds, "Ah gaw in a furgin tol' widda dang gren ol' buncha fars. An a spettol!" He looks around for a response but frowns. "Ah best go on in a slave-buyin' team, keep an eye on a raider over here."

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Alkalath

As he looks around while the conversation takes place he sets his eyes on Andrati

I agree with Andrati, I will be part of the infiltration team, after all no one would believe that I need slaves. And I encourage every one to call me Alkalath. I am not used to being called by titles.

Alkalath sighs and looks around the room and chuckles happily when he notices the flying rock.

So all that is left is for the ladies to decide their roll and team. After that we can set the date for this... oh, shall we call it a party?

Alkalath smiles widely as he waits for a response