New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Serenity: Orca Intrepid

Leonardo

Ow, my head. Girls, are you here?!

Leonardo runs to his room and looks for his case of knives. If there are any knives in the case he begins to distribute them to the men as he see's them. If not he makes his way to the kitchen and looks for knives there.

No sign of the girls cap'n. Everything has been cleared out.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

Everybody: Feel free to make your own rolls on the boards. If you don't know what to roll or forget, I'll do it for you.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    My two checks

[roll=Alertness + Perception]1d6+1d6[/roll]
    [roll=Intelligence + Perception(Intuition)]1d6+1d8[/roll]

The first is for physical clues of who took them, and the second is to reconstruct exactly what happened and sort out the motives of the kidnappers in what they took and why they left the males alive. He feels that both the girls and the cargo would be obvious enough to locate if they were still on the ship.

Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux View Post
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Zinovia Gagarin

Zinya wakes sore and grumpy, though thankfully clothed and apparently undamaged. She looks around and sees the unfortunate situation, and notices that only the women from aboard E.F.N.Y. are there...in fact, all of the women are. The obvious conclusion is reached.

Unpleasantly, she notes that she's still cuffed. Remaining silent through Morrin and Hargrave's exchange, she sets to work slipping her cuffs.

Agility (1d12)[8] + Mechanical Engineering (1d4)[4]
    Avatar: Dave the Drone Rigger, by Brickwall

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Default Fr. Lyons

Fr. Lyons gets up stiffly from his sprawl on the stairs. He rubs his temples and heads up groggily to the passenger quarters, checking all the rooms as he goes. He cries out for the girls as he goes. Once he's in his own quarters he checks everything over to make sure his liturgical paraphernalia is still there. He quickly changes out of his pajamas into some street clothes and says a quick prayer for the women, wherever they may be. He puts on his glasses on his way out the door and heads to the kitchen to meet the others, quietly lamenting the loss of his pistol.
    Last edited by Zoobity; 2008-04-22 at 08:03 AM. Reason: I forgot his glasses.
    I roll 20s

6. - Top - End - #126

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

"Do you really think that will work?" Alyssa whispers back. "Wouldn't they just shoot us into space and be done with us?"

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

"nae if they think they've been exposed too. They'll wan' t' see if we develop symptoms, before seeking treatment themselves. If yae have t' invent somethin' then make the treatment unpleasant so they'll no want to start it early. Make sure they know its a long incubation period. Few weeks--they'll be at their destination then an' have to make a delivery. They'll no be thinking on bein' jailers long term. They put themselves out a good bit t' get us, they'll nae be in a hurry t' vent their profits."
    Last edited by TheRiov; 2008-04-22 at 08:35 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

The doctor lowers her head in determination. "Alright, I'll try."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Orc in the Playground

Zinovia Gagarin

Zinya listens in on the conversation with half an ear as she works at her handcuffs. She butts in, "While the idea is sound, I'm not entirely convinced it would work - or what it would gain us. I'm hardly a doctor, but if they need a carrier to get cured - well, they'll have themselves. Plus access to a doctor that doesn't have a good motivation to kill them. More'n likely, they'll consider us a dangerous commodity and just vent us."

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yer no understan' me. If we tell 'em we're waitin' to find out if I'm sick, then I could hae already spread it to them an' you. If I'm no' sick then we're safe an still valuable, so they won't vent us. But they'll nae want t' sell us till they see if they too need treatment, and in case they want us for themselves, they'll no want t' lay a hand on us till then. I'm thinkin' they want t' sell us though as they've no messed us up any, nor aren' any of us in their beds now. "
    Last edited by TheRiov; 2008-04-22 at 02:15 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kelly Yann

When Leonardo gets rounds to him and offers him a knife he waves it away explaining, "I got a rifle an' a few presents tucked away in me quarters if it should come down to violence." He pauses, "Ask about in yer travels, see if anyone else has used chem-plasts or mag charges before. I got a couple of bigger things but we sure don't wanna use them no-where near the ship."
    Last edited by Bushwhacked; 2008-04-23 at 07:00 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

12. - Top - End - #132

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

"Speak for yourself." Dr. Hargrace winced at the memory of being kicked in the stomach. "Anyway, I know that some rare conditions can be picked up on rim worlds, and we can say that her containment suit failed, so we kept her in the shuttle rather than risk contaiminating the ship. But why would they sell us? Isn't slavery illegal?"

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Indentured servitude is legal. Can yae prove yer no one? Besides, I'd nae think these give a care for th' law."

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Zinovia Gagarin

"I remain unconvinced. Slavers are cowardly by nature, as surely as they are greedy, and I rather suspect the former outweighs the latter, especially when they seem to have such an effective system worked out...were I them, I'd space us on the chance, and grab a new batch of captives." She scowls. "Unfortunately, this is not the military, and I have no grounds to order you against your foolish action. Know this, however: while I won't tell them of your lie, neither will I go along with it. And if they try to space us, I'll sing like a canary." She turns back to her cuffs.

15. - Top - End - #135

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

"I'm sorry." Dr. Hargrave looked rather sheepish. "I just don't want to be a slave. I want to go home. Can you help me?"

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morrin glares at her with contempt, "Nae, you'll just get taken to their bed and sold as a whore, and you'll condemn the lot o' us to the same fate if you'll no play along. Unless yae can be findin' us another way, you'll play along." she lowers her voice dangerously, "or you'll find yerself 'succumbing to the disease' a wee bit faster than the rest o' us. Sadly its fatal."

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Zinovia Gagarin

"Morrin's plan buys us time, but doesn't emancipate us...for that, I suspect we have only two options. Rescue, or escape. Let me tell you folks, you get me to the cockpit, and I can have us somewhere nice and safe in no time...of course, we'll probably have to kill or imprison the slavers first...though killing would definitely be the more practical of the options."

At Morrin's threats, Zinya simply looks at her and says, coolly, "I will not be threatened. Nor will I interfere with your idiotic plan until I see the airlock door. I'm not entirely certain what it gains us, but my mind would obviously fail to comprehend anything your enormous intellect can muster. After all, I'm not nearly clever enough to affect a phony accent like yours.

"Mark my words, however, once I see an airlock I'll choose slavery over a breath of vacuum."

EDIT: Adding stuff.
    Last edited by Minchandre; 2008-04-22 at 09:26 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

{{fyi: Morrin's accent is 100% genuine. Any inconsistencies are simply my inability to type it correctly}}

"Aye it does buy us time. We're no goin' to be escapin' from here without it and we'll do better together. Unless you'd be thinkin' you'll be fightin' your way free when one of 'em's lying on top o' yae. "

"While we're here lets get some basics. Shoelaces, boots. Anything that can be used as a weapon. I'll no be defenseless."

Morrin works at trying to pass the handcuffs from behind her to in front of her.

Spoiler
    Show
    no clue what the roll here would be. feel free to roll for her
    Last edited by TheRiov; 2008-04-22 at 10:12 PM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

"Stop it, both of you!" Dr. Hargrave raises her voice for the first time. Instead of put her handcuffs in front of her, she instead decides to look around the hold to see if anything she can use. The body, as before, needed to be examined. And she had a slightly better twist, or so she hoped, on Morrin's idea that could perhaps buy them a little time, if be a slightly creative interpretation of her Hippocratic Oath.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Ladies
    Easy girls! We’re all prisoners here!

Alyssa looks over at the body and can see that the unconscious woman is breathing, though very slowly. Zinovia is able to bend and twist herself to bring the cuffs around to her front. Without some kind of tool, however, she won’t be able to try and pick open the lock. Morrin likewise is able to bring her cuffs to the front. Rose and Annie Oakley have yet to regain consciousness. Dr. Hargrave moves over towards the body of the unconscious woman and takes a look at her. The woman is in her late forties and smells as if she’s been in this hold a good while. From her slow breathing and unresponsiveness, the good doctor determines that she is in some sort of drug-induced sleep or coma. Other than the woman and a toilet there’s nothing in the cell of note.
    (Since it seems like you could use another post to get your plan together, I’ll give you some time before someone comes to visit).

Gentlemen
    The ship is quickly searched and no sign of the ladies are found. Luckily enough for all of you Leo’s knives and Kelly’s tool belt didn’t get snatched. Kelly moves to the cockpit and finds the place in quite a state. Looking around, he sees that four of the five servers are up and running again while the fifth is still offline. Moving to the engine room, it is obvious that someone came in and tried to fuss about with the place and break things, though they clearly didn’t know what they were doing. After searching the ship and reconvening in the kitchen, the following list of missing items are established:

The Ladies (duh)
    All guns
    All foodstuffs
    Most of the cargo
    Both shuttles
    Achilles
    Spare fuel drums

The cap’n paces furiously in the kitchen as the men convene. As Leo passes out his knives, the captain stops him. “Leo, go into the pantry. Second to bottom shelf against the back wall, in the corner under one of the supports is a switch.” He then looks up to the rest of the men. “Way I see it, we’re real humped. Whoever took us was sloppy, else we wouldn’t be here conversing. If they were after EFNY or were really in the business, they’d have airlocked the lot of us or taken us all for sellin’.” Delsp cuts in “that means they’ve probably got a small crew and a small ship, seeing all the cargo isn’t gone.” “Exactly” returns Nalsa. “Whoever took us were probably scavengers that just got their hands on this fancy new box that took us out. They never could have knocked out our systems on an old hauler, so they’re probably targeting newer cargo ships and just looking for a quick score. Now, we have as I see it three options. We can go to the feds, go after them, or drop the rest of this cargo and try to get by. We lost some pretty valuable cargo, so there’ll be a high price to pay if we don’t get this lot back. Now, I’m Captain and what I say goes, but I’m willing to drop any of you that ain’t comfortable settling this score. If you want off, we’ll find a way to set you go before we find these gorram scrapers. First we gotta get EFNY running. Then we gotta find the trail before it gets too cold. We’ll need someone to get scanning and the rest of you get fixing. Head into the pantry first and get yourselves set. Get to it.”

Heading into the pantry and hitting the hidden switch, Leo finds a small secret room behind the pantry wall. Inside are several boxes labeled “emergency” and a weapon rack on the wall. Four pistols, one shotgun, one sniper rifle, and two automatic rifles sit ripe for the picking. A bandolier (I think that’s the correct term) of grenades hangs on a hook.
    Last edited by King Tius; 2008-04-23 at 01:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Is there anything near the door about foot height to affix shoelaces to to form a tripline? or anything over the door we could suspend something from to fall when the door opens? I'm looking for something we could use to temporarily distract anyone coming in. also, how long have we been out? if its more than 4 hours or so I imagine we're hungry or thirsty, have to use the bathroom, etc. (yes, I know theres a toilet, just trying to get a time estimate)

Morrin starts getting creative. Once able to move a little more freely she moves over to the unconcious and shreds about 4 inches of length from clothing. Thin enough it could be twisted into a rope if necessary. She soaks the cloth in the toilet and wrings it out on the floor in front of the door creating a makeshift oil slick.

"Spit in it," she advises, "it'll be slicker than jus' water." she advises the other girls.

Morrin then strips the shoes or boots off anyone unconcious and trys to form a makeshift bola.

22. - Top - End - #142

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Rev. Delsp

Well.. Like I said, there's probably just a few of them and it took a dirty trick to catch us. I think we can take them, and I think we should. Ain't right to have people like that roamin' the verse. We can do somethin' about them, and we should. If we catch up with them, let us not strike in vengeance, but in God's justice and the protection of those who couldn't recover from a dirty trick like that.
    While he speaks, he checks the shotgun and gets a feel for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux View Post
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Kelly Yann

"Cap., you made me one of yer crew... An now, well, those meh lien duh jyah jee's thought they could take Lil' Effnie an' every one of us fer a ride." He shakes his head slowly and says, "That aint happinin' on my shift."

When he see's what the captain has tucked away he lets out a a brief loud laugh and then goes up and gets the various explosives he has left ((if they're still there i guessed wrong on the rifle)) and dumps all the tools he owns in the centre of the kitchen floor, "Right! do what yer can lads, if there's anything yer not sure of ye ask me right?"
    Awesome avatar by Shades of Gray- check this out.

'Famous I don't know about. It's hard to be famous and alive. I just want to play music every day and hear someone say, 'Thanks, that was great, here's some money, same time tomorrow, okay?'- Terry Pratchett, Soul Music

24. - Top - End - #144
    Pixie in the Playground

Michael O'Riley

Well I've never been one to let folks like that run free, and I'm certainly not one to leave a man behind, or women as it were.
    Mike grabs a pistol from the rack and loads it. And, strangely enough, he speaks to it: Yeah..you'll do till I get my Annabell back.
    He looks at the others who are no doubt bewildered at this display. What? That gun was like a sister to me! I loved it more then my first wife...especially considerin' it cheated on me less.

Anyway, Capin' if you want, I might be able to sniff out some info on our pirate friends on the police band of the cortex.
    Thinking is but an idle waste of thought, And nought is everything and everything is nought.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Zinovia Gagarin

What the gorram hell is she doing? At least she's abandoned her idiotic "sick" plan. "Ahem. While I strongly appreciate the need to create little surprises for our captors - and I do - do you think we should maybe work out a few plans? I mean, simple enough if there's one guy - he comes in, hopefully trips, and then we bash his head until the brains come out...but what if there's two? Or a whole team, with rifles? Don't take me wrong, I'm not criticizing, as I like this course of action much better than the previous, but...coordination? Like, if there's two people, should we have someone stand by the door, ready to pop out and get the other man? If there are many, perhaps we should try and establish a make-shift barrier? Maybe we should wait and see what's going on before we try to kill them? So far, all we know is that they have at least three well-trained men with heavy assault rifles. A little more knowledge would not be missed. In the Fleet, we always said that anyone can act, but it takes a true tactician to wait."

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Fr. Lyons

Fr. Lyons picks up one of the pistols from the wall and checks the clip. "I suppose this will do. Captain, I will say I'm not comfortable shooting anyone, but I have shot at a few thugs in my travels." He places the pistol in the shoulder holster where he kept his other. He pushes up his glasses and looks at the crew, "That said I'm sticking around to save the women-folk, but I don't shoot at anything I don't have to, dong ma?" Fr. Lyons agrees to help whomever needs it most in the repairs of the ship.
    I roll 20s

27. - Top - End - #147

Devil

Dr. Hargrave

"I'm worried about this woman. She's been placed into a drug-induced coma. But they've really put an intensive dosage in her. Inducing a coma and not hooking someone up to life support is a very risky procedure. She could flatline if her tongue fell from it's perch into her throat."

Dr. Hargrave was scared, but the best thing to do was remain calm. She was going to have to handle this situation rationally. Her arms were stuck, and even if they were in front of her, she couldn't trust her manual dexterity to place her tongue to the side. Not to mention that she couldn't exactly examine the skull for blunt trauma. There was nothing they could do right now.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

The Ladies
    After several minutes of grunting and panting with hands still bound, Morrin manages to set her trap. Meanwhile Zin is unable to yank her hands free of the handcuffs. From outside the cell you hear a door slide open and footsteps echoing down a corridor. They are rapidly approaching and will be at the outer door in a few seconds.

The Gents
    Repairs are started on Effie who has taken quite a hit to her engine and control rooms. With all five servers eventually replaced and the damage to the engine room quickly settled, if not fixed, Effie is given the ok to fly again. Scanning for some type of trail, you manage to pick up the engine signature of the assaulting ship and can make out which direction they went. The homing beacons on the shuttles are not being picked up, so either they've been disabled or are out of range. The Captain pulls up a map and starts futzing around with the coordinates before cursing rather loudly. "By our current heading we're going to head straight to Eclipse Station. Could they really have gone straight to the nearest space station? That seems almost too stupid. Gear up, we'll be there in four hours."

Mike starts his scan on the cortex of pirates and comes up with a two dozen hits, even after refining his search to this sector of space and whatnot. It will take him at least the four hour trip to sift through all the reports, unassisted.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

Fr. Lyons

Fr. Lyons goes to his bunk to pray for the success of their mission and the safety of the girls. If anyone requests his help he'll go immediately.
    I roll 20s

30. - Top - End - #150
    Dwarf in the Playground

Morrin plays unconcious within lunging-range of the door, her improvised weapon tucked at her stomach so its not immediatly visible.
    Last edited by TheRiov; 2008-04-30 at 08:00 AM.