New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Five Orders of Creation - Autumn - Chapter One

Liam

Liam sits to the side, even though he underwent much martial training at the monastery, his heart was not in fighting. He went around the edges of the chaos looking for people who were badly injured and healing those that needed it. One of those struck in the leg by an arrow was pushed to the side of the room and Liam spent a while extracting the shaft before healing the damage that was done.
    The bunny's scared, the bunny's scared of you...shivering.
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

As the intensity of the fight diminishes, Jin starts to adjust his breath to its normal pace, and looks around with a reddened but satisfied face. His eyes stop as they meet the strange man's gaze across the teahouse, but he can't figure out the sense behind it. However, being the stubborn person that he is, Jin continues the eye contact, if for nothing but the sake of a challenge.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-04-05 at 08:39 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katsuro

Trying his best, and failing horribly, to get people to calm down, Katsuro quickly removed himself from the fighting, making his way to where Liam was healing the man with the injured leg, scooping up his alms bowl along the way.

"Oh dear, this is not good...excuse me..."
    He nodded at Liam, "My name is Katsuro, if there is anything I can do to help you, please tell me." He gave a slight bow, and the humanoid puppet on his shoulder waved in greeting.

Spoiler
    Show

Sornas by Lord Iames Osari, Thanks! ^_^

Spoiler
    Show
    My mind is a swirling miasma of scintillating thoughts and turgid ideas.
    Luke, I Am Your Tedious, Overused Plot Device!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Angrui

As the fight started to tone down, Angrui pushed himself up off the floor. Getting to his feet somewhat shakily, he mutters something about a cheap shot while nursing the back of his head. Seeing his way to the door finally clear, he walks outside and sits down leaning against the wall beside the door, resting for a moment. While he's sitting, he puts his sword back in his belt, checks his bow to make sure it took no damage, and pulls his bag back onto his shoulder.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Jin:

While you're meeting the gaze of the man, you hear someone approaching from behind. There is still a fight going on, even if it's not as violent as it started, and you realize you need to be more alert.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

Now that his interest is piqued more by the gazing stranger and less by the ongoing fight, he sets his mind into finishing it quickly. After throwing an elbow-jab to the nose of his attacker-from-behind, he assumes a basic martial stance that he learned long ago, specializing in strong overhead blows, while leaving the lower body open to attacks. He has no qualms about taking a few more hits, however, as he saw the force behind the blows of these street rabble.

He then resumes the fighting with a sigh, dropping most of the inexperienced townsfolk with one hits, and while taking a few more punches to his ribs, he succeeds in starting to diminish the fight rather quickly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Iron Heart - Punishing Stance

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalim

Seeing the management at a lose, Kalim simply tries to bring an end to this. He makes sure to keep his distance from the mercenary, something about his movements seemed much more effective then the bullies and other townsfolk. With he saw him as being on his "side", but in the general chaos of the teahouse, well, better safe then sorry.

His movements remain as they were against the unlucky man under the chair, but their consequences don't seem as severe. He remains opportunistic, mostly dodging and only counterattacking when his foes attention is split or on someone else. Overtime, this leaves quiet a few men on the floor, many of which would probably have quite a headache in a few hours. His mind going back to his own head crashing against the table, he realized that most everyone here will.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just for kicks, Martial Lore check on Jin: (1d20+4)[5]
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lex

Lex, seeing the water bender reveal himself, begins to walk towards him. Townsfolk still try and attack Lex, but every time they swing, they just can't seem to hit him. Fire dances all around Lex as he finally makes his way to the fire bender and his helper. Lex rolls himself up onto a nearby table and looks at the bender.

"So, you are a bender as well. A healer I would assume. Never really met any of your kind before? What's your name stranger?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Kalim:

Spoiler
    Show
    You fail to glean any information on the fighting style of the large man.

Everyone:

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: OK folks, let's wrap this up and move on with the plot.))
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

10. - Top - End - #40

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ready whenever you are, Angrui is sitting outside recovering from being hit in the back of the head with a chair.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

11. - Top - End - #41

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam

Laim, slightly taken aback to such a direct introduction, stammers "The n-names Liam."
    And you've got these f***ing claws and these fangs man And you're looking at your claws and you're looking at your fangs and you're thinking, you're thinking to yourself, I dont know what to do man....I don't know how to kill the bunny With this you don't know how to kill the bunny

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lex

Lex leans back on the table he is sitting on top of and smiles at the hesitant answer. Lex looks at Liam, hood still over his face to cover his scarring.

"Liam? Well good to meet you, Liam. I'm Lex. You think we are the only benders here? I've been trying to observe the other's fighting styles, and can't really tell. Are you one of those peaceful kind of guys? or can you fight when you need to?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

After a few moments - or minutes, it's hard to tell in all that action -, most of the patrons, along with the bullies that started the fight, flee the teahouse, most of the furnishings are damaged and the owner of the place is devastated.

"Well," the old man says, "I hope you'll cover at least part of my damages."

All the while, the stranger at the corner is smirking at the situation.
    I use black for sarcasm.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

A bit battered but glorious, Jin throws a weird look at the owner, and walks over to the bar, untying the string of his purse. He takes several coins and puts them down on the bar.

"This covers the chair that broke when I hurled that guy on it. For the rest, you need to look elsewhere."

With the adrenaline still coursing through his veins, he coldly turns and faces the smirking man.

"What are you smiling at?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm not sure about the current monetary system, but the d&d equivalent of the money I gave is like 4-5 gp.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalim

"Does this sort of thing happen here often?" As he tries to change the subject, Kalim checks his pockets, wondering if he still has any change. The harmlessness had made it mostly fun, but now that it was over he felt somewhat empty. His head hurt too.

At the large man's remark, he turns to the smiling old man in the corner, as puzzled as anyone else.

Spoiler
    Show
    Would he have any money left over from character creation?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

The man stands up and walks towards you. He turns to the owner and speaks.

"Rest assured, old man, your expenses will be covered." He tosses a small bag at the owner and then turns back to you and continues. "And I must say, well done, warriors. I thought I was waiting here for nothing, but you will do well. Come, let's sit", he says as he motions to his unharmed table, "and talk about your future."
    I use black for sarcasm.

17. - Top - End - #47

Angrui

Angrui wanders back inside as the bullies are running out. He glances around the place to see if, by some miracle, his tea and pastry had survived the brawl. He knows that the only furniture breaking he was involved in was when a chair was broken over his head, so he ignores the owner when he speaks. When the man in the corner talks, however, he wanders over to see what he has to say.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katsuro

((Liam never replied to Katsuro <.<; Just gonna assume he didn't hear him.))

"Liam? Well good to meet you, Liam. I'm Lex. You think we are the only benders here? I've been trying to observe the other's fighting styles, and can't really tell. Are you one of those peaceful kind of guys? or can you fight when you need to?"
    Katsuro looked over at the man, having just barely caught the word "benders." "Hmm? Do you need any help sir?" He asked pleasantly, the two puppets mimicking his questioning head tilt. "I am a manipulator of the earth, if that is what you need."

"And I must say, well done, warriors. I thought I was waiting here for nothing, but you will do well. Come, let's sit, and talk about your future."
    He turned his head towards the man, not having noticed him previously. "Warriors? You surely don't mean us?"

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalim

"Our future, really?" Once the owner got compensated, he started giving the man his full attention. He eyed him suspiciously at first, but tried to brush it off as he approached. He knew he should stay at his guard, but who knew. Maybe it was the blow to the head that brought him to the table.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

"Your future indeed," the stranger says as a dark smile is painted on his lips. "You obviously are skilled enough to handle problems, and we can use such skilled men regardless of where their path takes them." He sits on one of the chairs and waits for you to sit also.
    I use black for sarcasm.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

Jin's expression changes as he recognizes the attitude of a potential recruiter, and walks slowly towards the man's table, taking a seat if one is available. He only now becomes fully aware of the people still standing around, and he takes a few seconds to examine them. None of them strike him as "real warriors", whatever he thinks that is, but he doesn't dismiss them nonetheless, having seen his share of trickery and deceit in his mercenary times.

"So, what's the job and what's the pay?" he cuts in rather bluntly, but being aware of his bluntness and enjoying it.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-04-10 at 05:39 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lex
    Quote Originally Posted by Sornas View Post
    Katsuro

Katsuro looked over at the man, having just barely caught the word "benders." "Hmm? Do you need any help sir?" He asked pleasantly, the two puppets mimicking his questioning head tilt. "I am a manipulator of the earth, if that is what you need."
    "Ha ha! I thought you might be an earth bender. I've never seen anyone be able to manipulate puts the way you do. The only explanation I could think of was...bender. And I don't need anything, its just good to meet other benders, like myself. WHat was your name again?"

Lex, intrigued by the stranger's words, casually sits at the table. He adjusts himself to make sure that his scar cannot be seen by the others.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

"Ah, cutting right into the heart of the matter!", the stranger exclaims. "Hopefully you can do the same to your enemies as well.

"But first, I believe introductions are in order. My name is merely Hu, but I represent someone who has a vested interest in skilled warriors such as yourselves. For the occasional odd job, but sometimes for greater tasks. However, you would need more than the ability to beat up some thugs in a teahouse fight to prove yourself. And trust me, our coffers are deep, so we will pay you well."

He eyes you for a moment, then continues.

"But one question remains: how devoted are you to your Empire?"
    I use black for sarcasm.

24. - Top - End - #54

WolfInSheepsClothing

Liam

Liam focused on his healing takes a while to realize what is going on around him. At first the prospect of a job does not appeal to him, at least not to the extent a quite place to practice healing does, but as he thinks of the people he might meet, (maybe even a master water bender) he opens up a bit to the idea. He doesn't voice anything in response to the questions but he does move in closer to show his interest.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

Kalim

"How devoted... That's quite a question." His right hand goes to his chin as his mind races. "I've never really thought about it, I've just seen it as being someone else's concern." He looks down at the table while he ponders it. After a moment's pause, he shrugs, "Guess that would be my answer. Take it as you wish."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

"Not much." he replies, with a daring look. "I am yet to see the Empire doing anything for me, so why would I feel any obligation?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it will be your concern if you accept my offer. You see, my..." He pauses for a moment, then continues. "...the one I serve is devoted to the greatness of the Empire and its Emperor, may he live long and prosper. But if your loyalty to the Empire is not enough, hopefully your loyalty to silver is. Regardless of your motives, I see within you to potential to serve the Great Empire with deeds most men cannot even dream of." He puts a small pouch on the table as he stands up, and speaks. "You don't have to accept my offer immediately. Keep this pouch and its contents as an incentive for now. I'll be around for a few more days. Think it over. Now unless you have any questions for me, I shall take my leave."
    I use black for sarcasm.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Katsuro

Remaining out of the conversation until then, Katsuro quietly walked to the owner and, dropping most of the money from his alms bowl into the man's hand, asked for tea for the group.

Moving to the table, he sat down, nodding at the man, a quizzical look on his face, "Sir, if you require assistance, I, for one, am more than willing to help you, but I don't really know what we are expected to do. You will have to excuse my forwardness, but so far your words have been rather...vague."

He smiled again, "Either way, we should have some tea on the way, if you would like to stay for a cup."

As he spoke, the puppets moved onto the table, changing shape into a rough image of the man and whoever happened to be speaking at the time, mimicking their words and actions in an exaggerated fashion.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

Angrui

"I'm more devoted to the people of the empire than the empire itself," says Angrui, raising an eyebrow at the man. When he sees the man drop the bribe, or first payment, on the table, he picks the pouch up and opens it in plain view of the others. If anyone else reaches for it before him, he pulls his hand away and lets them do it.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Jin

After Angrui handles the pouch, Jin gestures to give it to himself and quickly estimates the sum of the payment (approximately). If he deems it enough, he puts it again on the table, and exclaims, "It's enough for me, I'm in. Though I agree with my friend here (gestures at Katsuro) about the details of the job. I'd like to know what I'm putting myself into." Though he clearly uses "friend" in a casual manner, he puts no certain emphasis on it in any sarcastic way.

With that said, he wipes the sweat off his forehead and leans back on his chair.