New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: No, Acolytes, YOU are the Xenos (IC)

((OOC: Just going to play a bit with the fleeing. Also, I'm assuming her shots just wanged off the thing's armor or something. Just tell me if anything is wrong and whatnot.))

Cat backed up several steps, fumbling as she locked her final shot into the rifle. There was something inherently wrong with that thing charging at her. She was reminded of her home from it. None of the memories were painful, but the fear that traveled with them, creeping like some crippled juggernaut and seizing her in a crushing grip. She felt weak, small and like prey. Her bullets, while slamming into the beast, did nothing to slow it down.

"We need to get out of here, faster then those things can come back,"
    she explained quickly, hoping she didn't sound that scared. Her backing up brought her behind Kalta as she began to falter, catching her before she fell to the ground in a heap. She looked behind her, wrinkling her nose in disgust at the man's vomit. She gripped Kalta tightly, holding her body up as she began to move though the doorway.
    Sneak is the artist of my Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Alaric relax's abit letting his guard down and turns to face the man.
    "You mentioned something about more, are you sure?"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vex

Alaric's voice helping stabilize Vex's flurry of emotions, He stands up. "With out a doubt. These things," Vex says, uttering the last word in complete disgust. "are predators. They most likely hunt in packs, and even if they don't the smell of its carcase will most likely attract more."
    The Emperor Protects

Go Here! Please? Me love you long time.

Of course you can click here and I explode.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Roth makes a gesture with his head to the ceiling and says "Up there."

5. - Top - End - #65
    Banned

Lyra followed the direction Roth was pointing it, bringing her stub revolver around to aim at where he was pointing. We have to get out of here. To somewhere safe...

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

Krak slowly backs away from the carcass. Y-yeah, there's more.

The stranger nods his head and manages to hold up four fingers then takes two away, one at a time. He then begins to usher you in urgently, taking a moment to point at Krak then at Kalta. Krak nods begins to move forward to drag Kalta to the safety behind the door, but her eyes are already fluttering open.
    Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes, well, he eats you.
    -The Stranger, "The Big Lebowski"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Banned

Lyra followed the man, looking around in fear of the other monsters as she stepped over the vomit, keeping her gun firmly in hand throughout the process. Occassionally she would send a nervous side glance at the man who had opened the door.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Pixie in the Playground

Kalta opens her eyes wide open as she awakens, expecting to see a ravenous creature feasting on her stomach.

"GAH!" She yells out holding her las pistol at Krak but lets out a sigh. "Oh thank Emperor...." She says reflexively.

She stands up slowly and looks arround. "Whats going on?"

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vex

Something inside Vex suddenly switches on. "Quickly, everyone behind that door, NOW!" Vex shouts, clearly not caring if the beasts hear him or not, or even if they can hear. "Quickly, move or die. I'll cover the rear!" With that, Vex picks up his rifle and quickly checks it over to make sure its working. Satisfied, he pops the charge pack out and slams a new one home.

In his name, I shall strike down his enemies!
    The Emperor Protects

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

Cat stands in the doorway, far enough in to be reasonibly safe if any of the creatures dropped down. The fear and urge to run was passing right now at least, and her hands were not shaking. She took the spare moments to reload the rifle in her hands, slipping each bullet so it nestled and waited to be fired.

"Where's the Inquisitor and Zoab?"
    Cat asked, hoping that they would have more breathing time. "And what in the name of the Dieu-Empereur is that thing?"

11. - Top - End - #71

Alaric moves forward, "Wait a second."He explains before grabing the heavy stubber and then looking at the dead alien before moving back into the room.

He ponders for a few seconds,"why is the hell is there metal bolted into that thing? I don't think Aliens know how to do that sort of thing."
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-04-10 at 10:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Once all of you are inside, Krak reaches around his belching comrade to hit the panel that slams the door shut. There's a frenzied sound of scraping from the hangar, then silence. I'll take you to Mr. Zoab. Why don't you hit the sick bay, Jericus? Jericus nods and heads off in another direction, no longer expelling his lunch but still looking green.

Your pilot leads you through a tight corridor, made tighter by the occasional impromptu barricade. Blood stains the wall, but it's not until you come to a section that looks like its suffered a blast from Krak's namesake weapon that chitin and goo appear alongside it. One got in, but it's dead. Krak comments. Not even a body left.

Not long after you reach another door, and after another knock, this one not nearly as anxious, it slides open. Before you lies a cross between a bridge and a dining room. Despite various servitors and mechanisms fulfilling their tasks around the edges of the room, a fully furnished table sits in the center. At its head is a plump man dressed in a fanciful white uniform with slicked back black hair and rather large mutton chops. Mr. Zoab.

Would you care to join me, acolytes? I believe we have much to discuss.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Banned

As they entered the deeper parts of the ship behind the door, Lyra slide her gun back in its place and followed along the rest, sliding back deeper into her robes as if wariness was no longer needed and she could resume being unassuming. Upon reaching the bridge and Mr. Zoab there, she nodded slightly at his question and slid into one of the chairs farthest from him, sending sidelong glances at him as if wanting to know when he'd start talking.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vex

Still weary of those creatures lurking about, Vex keeps his lasgun out, turning to address the plump man. "Mr. Zoab I presume? Perhaps you could begin by telling us what that abomination was that attacked us?"
    The Emperor Protects

15. - Top - End - #75
    Pixie in the Playground

Blinking a bit, Kalta thinks. "What WAS that indeed." She says to herself, pondering.

She hadnt read anything about Xenos though, so it was to be expected.

(And I just found out something that might be bad, Adepts cant learn Forbbiden Lore: Xenos)

16. - Top - End - #76

Alaric also holsters his weapon and takes a seat. He looks at Mr. Zoab for a few seconds then inquires, "First, what happened here for aliens to appear and where are we? Also, I saw metal bolted into that thing. I don't think Aliens know how to do that sort of thing, is that thing man made?"

17. - Top - End - #77
    Orc in the Playground

Cat waited, following behind the rest of the group. She was silent, as most of her questions had already been asked by the others. The rifle was relaxed, and in her finger's Cat twirled a small casing to keep herself busy. She was getting calmer at least from the thing that had attacked. Still one question did nag in her mind.

"How safe are we here? Can those buggers get near here through some other way then the way we came in? Or are they all isolated to the hanger?"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Roth
    I've got some questions too. Will we be needin to kill any more of dem things and will we be gettin any compensation for doing so? There was nothin on mah memo bout fightin some scaly space critters n what not.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2008-04-11 at 10:03 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Zoab waits patiently for each of you to respond before beginning to speak again, addressing the group as a whole.

That thing you killed in the hangar, a most spectacular job, I might say, was a genestealer. Are you familiar with the rumors of the xenos tyranids, those hive minded monstrosities that descend upon planets to devour everything before moving on? They are quite real, and genestealers are their forward scouts. They prepare a planet for the coming of the tyranids by assimilating and infiltrating the population.

He pauses before continuing. A metallic wheeze comes from somewhere inside his chest; he thumps it once and continues.

Genestealers have a particularly nasty bite, one that implants its victim with an "egg" of sorts that joins its host psychically with the hive mind and enables it to breed with the genestealer. Thus the purpose of the implanted muzzles, I presume. I wish I could tell you more about these particular xenos' origins, but I am merely a chartered Rogue Trader who owes a few too many favors to your Inquisitor Harrington.

He puts his hand up to his forehead and lets out a long, metallic sigh.

An Inquisitorial ship was forced to jettison some containers around Scintilla before it took off to parts unknown in the Warp. Inquisitor Harrington asked me to pick them up. While my crew was busy with that, I received another message from him that a ship matching the missing one's description had exited the Warp about 15 years ago around Huma and promptly crashed into one of the abandoned cities on the surface, would I take some acolytes of his to investigate some rumors that have cropped up around it? Somehow, a container was opened, four of those things got lose, and Krak, that lucky, simple soul, somehow got off in the lighter to retrieve you.

Another mechanical cough, another thump to the chest.

My men aren't soldiers. We've held them out of the forward deck and killed one of them mostly through luck and bodies, but before I can get you to Huma the aft deck needs to cleared. I can provide you with suitable weapons and an auspex scanner. And of course, you will be duly compensated for your efforts. Have you any more questions, acolytes?

He finishes with a forced calm expression on his face and lays his arms on the table, waiting for your response.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Banned

Lyra turned to look at the man directly. "So we are to secure the ship and then go to Huma and see if we can learn more about the original shipment? If our duty to the most holy inquisition will protect mankind from these foul xenos we will." After having spoken she quickly turned away from the man, to look down in the table again.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vex

"I see..." Vex says, thinking over this new information. These things were hunters, and from what Vex had heard about Tyranids, they were not going to die easily. "If they require a hive-mind, how are they acting freely now?"
    The Emperor Protects

22. - Top - End - #82

Alaric listens to the others, having had most of his questions answered he asks one more thing. "Have any of your crew been bitten by these Tyranids?"

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

"There's only the two of them in the hanger where we came from, right?" Cat asked, as if to just confirm what they were about to do. She drummed her fingers on her rifle, thinking and keeping her face calm despite the fright that hadn't quite left her yet. "I think that we might be able to take care of them. What type of things do you have that might help us?"

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok guys let's get going and git-er-done!
    Roth waits at the entrance of the room waiting to move out and kill them tyranid things.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mr. Zoab begins speaking while looking at Lyra then slowly moves his gaze to each of you.

Yes, that is exactly what is expected of you, to secure this ship and investigate the crash. We would leave now for Huma, but both the Warp engines and Gellar field generators are in the rear, and I'm sure you understand my concern at having xenos tending them while travelling. As for how those things are operating, I am not sure. As they are meant to operate far from the Hives, they might have a bit of psychic autonomy.

He pauses again, wheezing heavily, once again sounding of machinery and mechanisms.

I apologize, my respiratory system took a beating in the conflict.

He then turns toward Alaric before addressing the group as a whole.

One was bitten. He's been restrained in the brig if you would like to see him. There are only two of them left. Both are slightly wounded. But you should know, one is unmuzzled. I am sorry your first task for the Inquisition had to start with this. Now, if you don't have any more questions, Krak will take you to see what we have in the armory.

Krak appears at the door and motions for you to follow. He takes you to a room near the hangar entrance where a good number of gun racks are empty. Still, there's boxes of shells and bullets aplenty, a few las magazines, and enough weaponry in here to suit your needs.

Here ya go. Just don't be thinking you're going to be able to keep them when your done. At least, not without compensatin' Mr. Zoab.

Spoiler
    Show

Tell me what you're looking for realistically. Most of the guns in here are stuff that would be available to civilians (think mostly solid projectile weaponry, both pistols and weapons, with one or two las items in the mix.) I'll tell you if they have what you're looking for.

26. - Top - End - #86

"Anyone wanna try to get some information from the man who was bitten?"
    Also Alaric looks around for a couple of bullets for his revolver.
    Last edited by Rayzin; 2008-04-13 at 04:55 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Banned

Upon seeing the room full of weapons, Lyra glanced over them before she went to work looking through them trying to find a pistol effective enough to stop the tyrannids. After finding one she tried to see if there was any bullets suitable for punching through the armored hide of the monsters. Having found what she needed she sent glances to the others to see what weapons they were taking to aid in their battle against the xenos.

Spoiler
    Show
    Basically what this means is that i try to see if there is a hand cannon in the room or failing that a stub automatic. For ammunition i'll be looking for manstopper rounds or otherwise just normal ones

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Vex

Hmm...
    Vex thinks to himself, looking at the few weapons available. A shotgun would be the best for this encounter. Deciding upon that, he goes about looking for a combat shotgun and several bullets for it.
    The Emperor Protects

29. - Top - End - #89
    Orc in the Playground

Cat bit her lower lip at the thought of another of the aliens already inside their base, but the room before her made it hard to worry. Just about everything she could have wanted for a weapon was there and in more then enough quantities to keep her satisfied. She kept her eye open as she searched quickly, finding the weapon that she wanted without much trouble. She hefted it, loading the combat shotgun with the shells and taking a small box of them. She grinned at the grip, her hand resting in it comfortably as she did so. She paused for a minute, finding a strap so she could hold the

"I'm good to check on the guy that was bitten Alaric."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cat grabbed a Combat Shotgun with a fll clip and a pistol grip, as well as 18 more shells. And a holster. If that's a bit much, I'll tone it down a bit.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Banned

As she finished gathering ammunition for her new weapon Lyra reacted to the conversation of the rest. "We should talk to him and see if he is infected, we cannot risk for these xenos to spread. If worst comes to worst he might needed the mercy for the good of mankind."
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2008-04-14 at 03:58 PM.