New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Center Cannot Hold [Group A]

Moran immediately turns his gaze away, trusting on his father's bow to direct the arrow to the monster. Raising his bow, slightly blind to his target, Moran smiled. He knew it would find the mark. It always did.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Averting eyes- 51-100 to avoid throw- (1d100)[40] Save just in case (1d20+4)[6] Sure shot, phantom hail, to hit (1d20+30)[47], with +1 for Point Blank, and (1d8+5)[7] + (4d6)[16] Damage. Seeking should negate the concealment for averting.
    The Bear is Back.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

((I'm assuming the Adelard with 15 for initiative is actually Ali'Anspar... I can't be the other as my worst is 8))

Ali'Anspar

Moving straight to towards the ghost, flame flowed down his body (Swift action stance Holocaust cloak) and along his fist as he swung as the ghost.

Spoiler
    Show
    fort save - (1d20+4)[6]
    to hit - (1d20+12)[30]
    damage - (1d10+10)[11]
    bane - (2d6)[8]
    miss chance - (1d100)[70]

death mark - (1d20+6)[15] (vs. Reflex save for half)
    death mark - (6d6)[22]
    (This effect is 5ft radius for small, 10ft for medium, 20 for large fire damage, and I'm immune to it)
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Ali-Anspar, Grim, and Moran fail the save. The ghost dissipates as Grim smashes into it with his hammer. Huh, I thought that would be a tougher fight for you guys. Sorry about the delay. I'll post the details of what is in this room and begin the next encounter later tonight. Maybe I should beef it up a little bit.

Searching the room in which you found the ghost, and the next room on that wall, you find the following items in the trunks:

potion of enlarge person
    amulet of health +2
    pair of golden lions
    wand of shocking grasp, clvl 1, 21 charges

Also in the adjacent room, there is a gash in the bed, as if someone had stabbed it with a knife.

Narrator:
    You enter a large room, the walls marred by scorch marks. There are lights of varied sizes and colors dancing throughout the room, and a pile of armor sits against the corner. A headless corpse lies against the far wall, clutching a bloodied dagger. There is a streak of blood on the wall the corpse is leaning against. As you enter the room, a headless specter rises from the corpse, burning red points of light resting where eyes ought to be. The suit of armor lying in the corner rises from its resting place on the ground as well.
    ? (26)
    Hortek (24)
    Ali (23)
    Adelard (21)
    Vimal (21)
    Specter (8) The specter will attack the nearest living creature on its turn.
    Moran (6)
    Grim (2)
    Armor (2)
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2008-04-28 at 01:28 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

4. - Top - End - #94
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ali'Anspar

Walking towards the armour, Ali swung his fist at it, leaving the ghost to his companions who had proved such good ghost busters

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift Action Child of Shadows stance
    Move - Move upto armour
    Standard - Bonecrusher strike
    attack - (1d20+10)[11] (Extra +2 if it is undead)
    damage - (1d10+8)[13] (Extra +2 if it is undead)
    bane - (2d6)[10] (If it is undead...)
    Bonecrusher - (4d6)[11]
    If it gets hit and isn't immune to crits, it makes a DC16 fort save or everyone +10 to confirmation rolls
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Ali'Anspar moves up to the suit of armor, striking it mightily with his fist, but leaving not a mark on it. Looking at it more closely, you see the bright untarnished gleam of a suit of mithral full plate, the dust shaken off by its recent movement and the force of your blow.

OOC: Now those of you who have ways of bypassing DR can know that the armor has DR.
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2008-04-28 at 09:45 PM.
    Aratos Tell
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hortek

Hortek uses his Burning Brand technique, giving him reach and transforms the damage of his two sianghams to fire damage. He approaches to within 10' of the armor and moves away from the specter, pausing for a moment to let Ali move in to position, Hortek strikes at the armor with a flurry of blows.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hortek's stance provides flanking whenever he and ally both threaten a creature, regardless of the direction that they threaten it from. Since Hortek rolled higher on initiative, this means Ali gets a +2 on his attack. :smallgrin:

Hortek's Attack: (1d20+11)[10](21)
    Fire Damage: (1d6+5)[9]

Hortek's Attack: (1d20+11)[20](31)
    Fire Damage: (1d6+5)[7]

Hortek also gets 2d6 sneak attack damage on each attack, but I'm guessing the creature is immune.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Adelard
    Another spirit? I'll let Moran deal with it. The armor seems solid, though.
    Aldebard moves towards the the armor and strikes it with his glaive, sparing a glance at Hortek as he does so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Stances:
    Actions:
    Move:within 10 feet of the suit of armor.
    attack armor(1d20+8)[21]
    Damage(1d10+2)[6]
    Healing from Revitalizing strike(3d8+6)[12] Target:Horek
    Iron Guards Glare(-4 to attack anyone but me)

If by random chance either opponent provokes an attack of opportunity,
    Attack:(1d20+8)[21]
    Damage:(1d10+2)[3]

If the Armor attacks me, initiate Word of Vengence, lesser, and attack back:
    Attack:(1d20+8)[10], note that if the attack does up to 9 damage, I get +1 to this, and if it does 10 or more I get +2
    Damage:(1d10+2)[12]+half the damage dealt to me.
    Maneuvers:
    Word of Vengeance, Lesser
    Revitalizing Strike(spent)
    Defensive Rebuke(next round)

I think that covers everything.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ettin in the Playground

Grim

((I'm assuming I was allowed the 12 seconds I needed to regain psionic focus and recover my manuvers after the last fight.))

"Hey, try not to put to many dents in that armor. We might be able to use it later." Grim's voice is tinged with a trace of pain. His head hurts a little from looking at the ugly mug on the last ghost before he ground it to smoke with his hammer, but he stomps into the room anyway, bringing his hammer down with all the force a dwarf with a hangover can muster upon the spectre, eyes blazing silver once again.

Spoiler
    Show

Swift action to activate Punishing Stance. Attack with Mountain Hammer, using Psionic Weapon.
    Attack:(1d20+12)[14]
    Damage:(1d12+9)[10]+(4d6)[16]+(2d6)[8]+(1d6)[5]
    Incorporeality:(1d100)[21]

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Still waiting on two people's actions, but I will just go ahead and post round 1, since their actions will not be able to take any of the foes before they act in this round.

Hortek's flames wash harmlessly over the suit of armor, and Ali'Anspar's attacks leave not a scratch. Adelard manages to land a solid blow, but his steel glaive is not match for the hardened mithral armor. Grim's charges at the spectre, his weapon making a powerful arc through the manifested spirit, and crashin into the wall behind it, leaving a crack in the wall just below head height. The specter reaches out towards Grim, its ghostly hand reaching for his heart, and an icy chill passes through him, as the spirit's touch numbs his very soul. (6 damage, and 2 negative levels) The spirit seems to gain in strength. The armor clumsily lashes out at Ali'Anspar, missing horribly.
    Aratos Tell

Megiddo
    Active Effects:

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Moran launches another shot of complete accuracy, his mind seeking the spirit target rather than his eyes.
    If I keep this up, you'll give me some ridiculous title, like "Ghost Slayer".
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure shot. To hit- (1d20+30)[46] with +1 for PBS, to hurt (1d8+6)[9] with +1, and (4d6)[8]. Phantom hail.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-05-01 at 11:16 PM.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

Grim

"If you don't keep it up, we'll call you 'Dead' instead. How's that sound?" Grim suddenly sounds exhausted, but his fatigue has only made his attitude worse.
    Last edited by Kyeudo; 2008-05-01 at 11:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hortek

Hortek, seeing that his blows will be no use against the suit of armor, closes with the armor and defends himself vigorously.
    Spoiler
    Show

He makes sure to stay away from the ghost, too. At least he can provide flanking for anyone else fighting the armor.

Total defense action: +5 to AC => AC 26