New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Vaporaria Mortis (IC)

OOC: I'm guessing that it's an ultimatum. If I don't contnue the story in 3 days, he'll leave in a huff. No worries, as I am continuing the story NOW!

After about half an hour of walking in the chilling rain, you reach the tavern.
    It appears to be a well-worn building made in the style of the northern lands, that of a loghouse. Smoke wafts from the single chimney, and you can hear what sounds like music coming from within the establishment.

As you enter, you see that the tavern is booked at a bout middle capacity - chairs and tables are still left open, but there is a sizable amount of patrons already seated. They appear to be mostly made up of local laborers, loggers and miners most likely. Most of them have their eyes fixed to the centre of the room.

As you turn your eyes to the object of their attention, you notice the source of the music. A beautiful half-elven women is singing a wonderful little ditty about a logger's daughter whilst another half elf, a male, plays furiously on a fiddle. While the music is in no way complex, the two artists are rather entertaining to watch. The man appears to be holding back somewhat, and his eyes flash with anticipation. After a few more moments, the woman stops singing and the man picks up the tempo, launching into a marvelous solo. He appears to positively glow as he plays furiously.

You are so enraptured with the spectacle that you only hear the barkeep's voice after he repeats himself for the third time.

"I said, what can I get ye?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

Vernya

"A beer. A hot meal", she brushes off the rain from her clothes and takes a place at a free table.
    Orc Girl Avatar by Yeril !

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

The crone sits herself down at the bar draws back her rain soaked hood, to let her somewhat wild silver hair free. After the half-orc orders, she raises her own hand slightly and adds "A glass of Red Wine, Penghlast Crimson if any is available."
    Spoiler
    Show

"I'm a full 10 Kilonazis!? I only burned down...30 orphanages..."

Current Inspirational Music: "Sleeping Beauty" by A Perfect Circle

Rest in peace, E. Gary Gygax. May you be buried under a +5 Vorpral Tombstone.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Eliwood

"A glass of water, good sir," says Eliwood, placing himself in a seat with much fumbling and very little looking away from the two players. Tell me, who are these two?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The barkeep nods as he takes your orders, then sets about preparing the drinks. "First drink is on the house... you poor souls look beat."

He grins warmly at you. He turns to the half-orc. That'll be 2 silver for the meal..." He dissapears into the back, and you can hear him calling to someone back there, presumably the cook. "One hot meal for the miss!"

After several moments, he brings the drinks. "The meal will be ready in a few minutes..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Matticus
    Tell me, who are these two?
    His grin widens. "Those two be the Lord and Lady De'Bargo, the most talented individuals this side of civilization!"

He puff his chest with pride.
    Last edited by Paper_Bard; 2008-05-04 at 02:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36

Vernya

Two silver ... the meal better be worth it

With a sigh Vernya fishes for two silver pieces in her nearly empty pouch and places them on the table.

I really need a new job

When the barkeep returns she gestures to him and puts a third silver next to the other two, then shoves the coins on the tabletop towards him with a smile. "Nice inn. I heard of famous De'Bargo. Which one is Firthren? Cannot tell man from woman with elf name.".

Irideen Yoannaell,woodelf ranger Into the Depths of the Earth (Dawnhorn) character sheet

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Jamdak

((no it was until my b-day but thats passed now)) [COLOR="DarkGreen"]You’re most talented eh? Well I guess talent must be pretty rare and low in a place like this I’ve seen and had better.well get me a wine and be quick about Im going to need to be a bit drunk in order to handle them. [COLOR]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: Double post there buddy, plz delete one. Happy Birthday eh?

IC:

The barkeep smiles at the half-orc. "Not from around here are ye, milady? Firthren be a men's name, that be the fiddler ovr yonder..."

He turns to the rude male.

"This is nothin', Mi'lord. They're just playing a little ditty for the common folk. You should have seen them in Myyris. They were playin' for nobility there. There's not much ye can do with common music."

A petite young woman comes from behind the bar, holding a large, domed platter in her hands. She seems to be struggling underneath the weight. The barkeep turns and helps her move it to in front of the half-orc.

"Here's your order miss..." With a flourish, he pulls the dome off the platter to reveal a roasted pig with the typical apple in its mouth, atop a bed of potatoes smeared in steaming gravy. Various chopped vegetables cover the entire meal. "Enjoy.

9. - Top - End - #39

Vernya

The half-orc looks with delight at her meal and exclaims, "Milady enjoys!". She inhales the aroma of the pig, which is promptly responded by a growling noise from her belly and takes a first bite.

Yummy...

Vernya beams a smile smile at the barkeep. "Milady happy! Pig good - enough pig for two orcs. Please, you ask musician if they want share food for music. Bring clean plates. Fiddlers never reject free meal."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Jamdak

He looks around for a bit then shakes his head you know what im sorry I can be a real pain some times and I shouldent be so im sorry their great

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

The barkeep smiles kindly, stroking his beard as he listens intently. "Don't you be worrying mister... we rugged folk don't take offense easily."

He turns to the half orc. "The Lord and Lady most likely ate already... they have their own... delicate tastes..."

He scratches his head. "SO what ye folk doin' this far north anyway? Usually only labourers come up this far, looking for work in the mines or as a logger."

12. - Top - End - #42

Vernya

"If you afraid to ask, I ask later. I not afraid."

Vernya indulges in her carnivorous tendencies looking very pleased all the time.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Jamdak

Jamdak looks confused you know I am not quite sure what we are doing here. I'am guessing that it was a prank I most likely only stay for the night. I was hopping for some exitment but I should have known that that letter was a phoney.He turns and explains to the Barkeeper well i have recived a letter merely telling me to come to this piticular joint and so did these fellow.Another confused look comes across him.You know I never goy your names I am Jamdak
    Last edited by Earthdragon444; 2008-05-22 at 11:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44

Vernya

When the orc is done she walks over to the two elves and when they pause she says to the male elf (but quit, so only the elves can hear).

"Firthen, you don't look to me like a something maker. I guess, this good for you. I'm Vernya. You traveling folk for sure know best news. Maybe you know where there is work for strong orc kind."

She looks expectantly at the elves.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

((Hello are we playing or what?))

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

OOC: Sorry buddy... school has taken rpecedence. I'lls e If I can mvoe teh story along tonight.

17. - Top - End - #47

((yes, I posted last therefore waiting))

18. - Top - End - #48

Stating the obvious ... game is dead, right?

Wonders do not happen very often but I give it a week before deleting from subscriptions.