New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Default Re: Age of Mythology

(( What kind of supplies are we talking about? Melioli can cast air walk on herself and then quite possibly wild shape into an animal capable of carrying people and equipment over to the shore... ))

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karsh

"Stay here, and thank the gods that we live to see land once more. I will investigate."

Karsh sets his mighty oar down and draws a dagger, focusing on it momentarily before, holding out a hand to balance himself, he steps nonchalantly off the side of the boat. He walks towards the shore with superhuman speed, his footfalls resting on thin air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Entering Balance on the Air stance and moving 75' per round towards the ruined port. Actively spotting and listening for signs of life and/or danger.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Heidal

The storm finally abated enough to consider under control, Heidal resumes direction of the Standing Wave spell, directing it to place the ship gently onto the shore, several dozen yards onto land, and a a few hundred yards away from the encampment.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

It was quite exhilarating, manually steering a ship in such a storm, but it seemed the storm was ending. Still, until it weakened enough to be manageable by the sailors, the storm still needed navigating.

Once his help was no longer immediately needed on the ship, Fotios left, swimming for shore. Despite his enthusiasm while on the ship, he much preferred land to sea.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

The mainmast was destroyed, and the ship would surely go under. The Laughing Spirit took stock of his situation and realized that he could not save the ship and crew. So be it.

He calls out to the captain, "It has been nice sailing with you, captain. Good luck in the next life!"
    With a deep laugh, the tall Egpytian makes a prodigious leap off the deck, sailing through the air, seeming as though he may never come down... and he doesn't. At the apex of his jump, he seems to fade and become insubstantial. Floating on the winds, he fades from the captain's view as he heads toward the shore. The only sign that he had ever been more than a figure of the captain's imagination was a deep, rolling laugh floating on the winds...

Spoiler
    Show
    Since the winds are dying down, using Gaseous Form to head towards the shore.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

Josiah

Josiah waits for the rain to stops then peers out towards the ruined dock.

Ha, once again Hades, I win this round.

Josiah mutters as he creates a Wyvern and hops on its back.

To the shore! A relatively dry spot if that is possible. Look, company.

He then looks at all of the great men making their way to the shore as he flies over.

Spoiler
    Show
    Josiah casts Summon Undead IV to summon a Wyvern Zombie
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Ponidus dismisses his Astral Construct, bids the captain farewell and good luck then teleports away from the ship, onto the shore.

Spoiler
    Show
    Psionic D-Door, uses 7 PP.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

The patch of midnight dark takes to the air, passes through the bubble of force unhindered and moves like an arrow towards the shore, so fast that it seems to blink through the intervening distance without crossing it at all-which is, in fact, the case.
    Landing soundlessly, the patch of midnight dark seems to be looking left and right at the devastation-you can tell by the small turns the upper portion of the darkness takes-but says nothing. That doesn't mean it does not communicate though.
    A musical female mental voice reaches out to the other hero that jumped to the shore via magic.
    An interesting welcome, don't you think? What do you believe caused such a devastation in this port and caused our storm?
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Finally. Good work Capitain.

Rondres throws the anchor in the see one last time, then, when it graps the ground, he maks shure it holds...

Then he bids the Capitain goodby and jumps in to one of the little landingboat of the ships, and rows to the remainings of the harbor.

Greetings.

He sais, when he arrives, and steps to the others.

Any idea what just happend?
    While asking this questions he tryes to get an overview about the actual situation.

OK. WE NEED THAT LANDING STAGE REPAIRED. Well, or at least something like it, so the ships can unload chargo. Wee need some trees, probably bulders. And fast. Who knows, wether that storm will return or not. Anyone who can help, pls follwo me.

With this words Rondres heads towards the next bigger tree, in order to get material to fix the stage.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tathron can finally see the others that seem to be more than the commoners that brought them here are finally making it to the dock.

"At least others could save their own ships.,"
    he thinks to himself, "Maybe we have a chance to create the settlement yet."

He then hears the voice that comes from the patch of darkness.
    "Woah, that wasn't expected," he says in is inhuman pitch, "I think someone doesn't want us to explore this land. Something wants us to die out here."
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2008-04-09 at 05:44 AM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

As the black clouds dissipate and the rain disperses, the visibility becomes better and the reason some captains were very anxious becomes quite clear. Except for the relatively small port, there is nowhere else for the ships to dock-the entire coast ends up in sheer cliffs of solid rock looming nearly two hundred feet over the reefs where the waves smash anything coming too close to the coastline. The port itself lies between two of the massive rocky cliffs, the only patch of land that comes down smoothly at sea level for as far as the eye can see.
    It occures to you that this must be the reason the port is far from the city proper-as for the reason the port itself was built here rather than a more hospitable area, it is the same as for the city: it is a highly defencible area as long as the only safe approach to it can be fortified and held.

Some of the sailors-along with three captains-come to the shore in three longboats, the capable seamen jumping ashore from the boats, easily avoiding the jagged ends of the broken wooden planks. One of the captains that looks well over fifty but still dressed in linen and leather breeches and tunic as simply as the sailors around him frowns.
    Tha port's been thrash'd. These planks 'ere 'll nev'r hold tha cargo's weight. A couple of tha small barrels with tha wine mayhap but no large ones with tha beer or tha crates with grains and smok'd meat let alone tha weapons-too heavy. And we cannae bring tha ships close to tha shore eith'r.

Spoiler
    Show

The supplies include smoked meat, grain and drinks as immediate relief supplies to any harried/besieged city. They also include raw cooper, saltpeter, whetstones, spices, oil and weapons, armor and other metal objects (horseshoes, nails, files, hammers, knives) that take too long to make or require rare supplies-both impossible to produce under a siege.
    Everything was put in sealed and waxed barrels to safeguard against a long sea voyage. The smaller wine barrels and those containing everyday supplies could be unloaded at the damaged docks. The larger barrels-and those containing heavy metal items-would need several men to move and unload-something impossible to do in a damaged port where your footing is unstable. In any case, the ships cannot safely dock close enough for the sailors to unload the cargo anyway.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Heidal

Realizing there is nowhere to set the ship on land, Heidal allows the spell to stop and set the ship back into the water. He then makes his way to the dock with his companion, looking over the damage. Remembering his large size and weight, Heidal stays away from actually climbing onto the dock unless there is no other choice.

"Most unpleasant. Does anyone know the spells to make things whole, so we can repair these docks. I can easily enough collect the pieces if they are still here."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Menin
    Menin offers, If I may help I can carry a barrel or two on my own. I am not sure if this would be useful for you, but I offer anyways. I also feel we should attempt to find where this dread rain is coming from before too long. After all it seems as if someone is against us coming to this land.

14. - Top - End - #44

Stepping out of one of the long-boats, a man in shining, silvery hoplite armor comments "If the dock can be repaired, a rope could be lashed to a ship and the great strength of Hercules would allow me to pull the ship safely in." He is a tall man, taller than most all the sailors. He removes his red-horse-hair crested helmet, holding it by his side. He is a human, with short-cut black hair and piercing green eyes. A closely-groomed black beard lines his square-set jaw, and a matching moustache covers the space between his nose and upper lip.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

15. - Top - End - #45

Melioli

The nymph directs the crew to use ropes and canvas to rig up a makeshift harness for a huge draft animal. She sends Aneis to scout the area around the port, with instructions to keep her own safety in mind. Once the harness is prepared, she casts a spell on herself and then steps off the ship into thin air, transforming into an elephant that somehow manages to stay aloft as the crew attaches the harness so she can move the supplies.

Spoiler
    Show

Casts air walk on herself (duration 250 minutes) and wild shapes into an elephant form. A heavy load for a quadruped with STR 30 is 9600 lbs. which still yields a land speed of 30' (reduced from 40' base). The air walk spell gives her roughly four hours to complete the unloading (since the wild shape will last for up to 15 hours). Once she finishes with the Gathenes, she will work to unload other ships if time remains.

All this is moot if there is some form of attack, or some such, that requires her attention.

Edit: For good measure, make that an extended air walk spell (duration 500 minutes). She's got the spell slots to burn and can get twice as much work done, barring interruptions.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-09 at 10:43 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Rondres gets some big trees, and tries to start fixing the Port...

I could use some help here, Hercules

17. - Top - End - #47

Karsh

Karsh arrives at the shore and surveys the damage, emitting a low whistle. Noting the congregation, he approaches. Surveying the others gathered, he nods silently. He sheathes his dagger. "I can aid you."

His footwork shifts and he drops to the ground. Landing lightly, Karsh approaches one of the logs and begins using Enki to slice it into planks for the others.

((Is there a language barrier?))

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Drifting around the port, Ishaq seems little more than another bit of sea mist swirling about in the aftermath of the storm. He watches as others begin to dismay at the wreckage of the docks, and their inability to unload their payloads of goods. Laughing, he circles around, watching, as a select few, clearly more than the average sailor, attempt to assist.

Unable to unload? Hahaha! This was no more difficult than any number of heists the Spirit had pulled. But he was fairly tired... and he had been having such a... yawn... pleasant nap when the storm interrupted him...

He drifts up to the top of the cliff, finds the nearest tree or large rock outcropping he can take shelter under, and resumes his material form. Stretching out languidly in the shade, he slips the dark-lensed goggles on his forehead over his eyes and drifts back to sleep... just for a moment... he would unload some supplies later... and maybe unload a little for himself later, too...

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

While you begin unloading whatever supplies you can while others begin fixing the dock-to what extent they're able anyway-you hear some far-off snorts and footstep sounds from the cliffs above that the mistformed human whose ship you saw sinking retreats to...

Spoiler
    Show

Make a listen check and a wisdom or intelligence check. If the crap hits the fan much sooner than expected don't blame me though-I didn't expect anyone to go sleep on the rocks above.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Heidal

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen:(1d20+29)[44]
    Wisdom: (1d20+9)[11]

And I figured that'd be trouble, but eh.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Listen :(1d20)[8](8) +5
    Int/Wis: (1d20)[11](11) +5

22. - Top - End - #52

Melioli

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20+31)[42]
    Wisdom - (1d20+9)[12]

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

Spoiler
    Show

listen - (1d20+40)[12](52)
    intelligence - (1d20+5)[12](17)
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

24. - Top - End - #54

Agis

While speaking to the captain about how to lash a rope to the ship, Agis tilts his head in the direction of the cliffs, briefly.

Spoiler
    Show

Listen - (1d20+12)[14]

Intelligence - (1d20+5)[16]

"I'm sorry, what were you saying captain?" he says, his attention focused once more on the man before him.
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

Spoiler
    Show
    listen - (1d20+7)[10] int - (1d20+9)[29]
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

26. - Top - End - #56

Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

27. - Top - End - #57

Karsh

Listen - (1d20+36)[54]
    Wisdom - (1d20+8)[25]

words to meet posting limit

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, guys. Can't help it, my character just really wanted to finish that nap...
    Listen - (1d20+16)[30]
    Int - (1d20+6)[17]

Ishaq was about to get settled, when he felt uneasy... and then he saw them... giants... incredible quantities of giants... it was a sight the likes of which even the worldly brigand had never seen.

Someone... something... wanted this siege to succeed. And in the meantime, they were endangering the life of Ishaq Mdjai, and that made him angry. Giants... even he couldn't fight them all off by himself. But that didn't mean he wouldn't try. He could at least occupy them until others were able to assist him.

He drew his two razor-sharp kukris, feeling the familiar weight of their hilts rest easily in his hands. Let them come.
    Last edited by H Savvy; 2008-04-09 at 05:49 PM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

wink Re: Age of Mythology

With the weather abating, Horskarn shrugs off his cloak, unsheathing a massive hooked polearm from his back. Holding it by the end, he prods the water to check the depth of the water, and the possibility or safety of rowing the longboat close enough to shore for him to disembark and help with the unloading.

30. - Top - End - #60

Tyndur

Once he gets the ship into the calmer waters, he apologizes to the captain for taking over. He gives magical control of the ship to the helmsman.

Spoiler
    Show
    Listen - (1d20+31)[35]
    Int - (1d20+14)[17]
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.