New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Mythology

Josiah

I am Josiah Mechewitz, Bane of Death and the Thorn in the Side of Hades. And this is Hyde, former servant of the "Lord of the Underworld". Well men lets stop this stalling and get up there. I have a plan to weaken them before we start an actual fight. Well come one then, lets go!

Josiah explains his plan to any brave enough to listen.

Well i'm going to distract them with false images then while their backs are turned hit them with a spell to make them fight each other full force before we run in to fight. Then if any of them notice us all of us spellcasters can blast them way until they fall. Fighters, try to run around the side to flank them. This should work. And if it doesn't plenty of us can grant you second, or even third or fourth life.

Josiah waits for a few people to join him. He then sprints up towards where he thinks the giants are.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am going to try to run up towards the giants with my new improved hasted self. But before i get there I am going to cast Major Image 2 times. All on the opposite side of the giants, the images will be 1 Very Large Menacing Warrior and the last will be a Large Tiger. They will talk to the giants trying to distract them by threatening them loudly. Then once they're all distracted I am going to drop a Song of Discord on the center of the group. This is all depending on whether or not this plan is even possible. Also, until further noted, Hyde, my familiar, is going to going to be ready to use a Finger of Death since he can Deliver Touch Spells. He's going to sit back and watch the fight, and if anything might happen to me, he'll have a prepared action to come use the formerly mentioned spell.
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2008-04-10 at 09:26 PM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Karsh

Karsh speaks quickly and softly. "I am Karsh. I, too, come from the land of two rivers. Let that be sufficient for now.

I do not dispute that inciting their ranks to fight one another would be effective, but I resent that you believe that those of us trained in the art of war would be best relegated to a mere flanking role where we may die... three times while you cast spells from safety?

Save your strength. Equal participation will increase our endurance. We know not what it is that we will face in the future; it is best if we are prepared for it.
    "

3. - Top - End - #93

Tyndur

Following any of the group that is charging ahead, the lanky man frowns. "I hope this question is unnecessary," Tyndur says, also broadcasting it out via telepathic bond so that all the heroes can hear, "but can I trust everyone to not kill incapacitated or surrendered foes?"
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

The patch of darkness takes to the air, expanding as if it wants to hide the sun and plunge the world in a lightless eternity-but stops when it reaches a width of ten dozen feet. An unearthly laughter can be heard from within as a reply to Tyndur's question.
    Don't be naive. We cannot take the giants for prisoners-for then we'd have to feed them. And for every giant prisoner we fed, a dozen humans would die of starvation. We can't let them flee either-they'll return and attack again. As you see then, Death is inevitable. Trying to be merciful you're only deluding yourself.

Spoiler
    Show

Deeper Darkness. PPL that can't see in it should not get close to Lamashtu.
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

5. - Top - End - #95
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Hearing the chatter of those around him, Horskarn forgets about poling the longboat in to shore. With a mighty jump, he leaps from the ship onto the coastline, his odd hooked polearm in hand.

"Giants, you say? It will be refreshing to extract some vengeance on their kind, something I have waited long to do. I am called Horskarn Hyrmskarr. Magical tricks I have none - but anyone, spellcaster or otherwise, who approaches within the reach of my hook will wish their gods had taken them home early. I mean to place myself directly in the midst of our foes, as to cause the maximum disruption of their attack - any spells that you magicians could grant to aid me in reaching that cliff without climbing, or more easily dodge the boulders they will surely be hurling, would be welcome...no giant who dares strike me in close quarters will make the same mistake twice."

Spoiler
    Show

I'll definitely take one of those Weapon of Energy spells on my weapon, since I'll be making a zillion attacks per round once I get in the middle of them.

From Melioli, I'd like:
    -Air Walk
    -Freedom of Movement
    -Improved Blink
    -True Seeing

I hate that Enlarge Person only targets Humanoids...what I wouldn't give for another size category right now...
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-04-11 at 07:38 AM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Friends stay away especially after enemies are gone, I tend to loose control as I join into battle. My name is Menin, I come from deep in the deserts. If people would like I can allow any allies close to join me in the ecstasy of battle.
    Menin draws one of the large battle axes on his belt.

Spoiler
    Show
    stupid me for not checking yesterday, whatever buffs are good, my attack bonus is 45 so buffs to hit are nice, as are damage, but I have over 1k HP. I frenzy so stay away but i have inspire frenzy which has a 10 ft radius. If I use this please someone have calm emotions to cast lots of times. I'm not going to bother with a listen or int check. and the axe I drew is my dancing one.
    Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-04-11 at 11:10 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, I'm Ronders, But for nwo we shuld take position for battle. Where are the giants supposed to show up?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

"I doubt they're coming from the sea, so I'm guessing the cliffs."

9. - Top - End - #99

Tyndur

Tyndur frowns at the answer. "Let me worry about taking care of the giants post battle, just don't kill the helpless or surrendering ones."

Anyone with True Seeing:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tyndur's skin looks unhealthily pale and a few minor details appear different, suggesting minor transformation or illusion.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Troll in the Playground

As you ascend the only path out of the wrecked port, giants appear at the edges of the steep rocky cliffs. None of them shorter than twenty feet tall and with an iron grey skin, they must be Jotun-midgard stone giants. While they'd be too far away to hear you talking or even casting spells, the giant sphere of darkness must have tipped them off that something weird was going on and they came to see. They're more than a bit surprised to see you all charging up the steep path.

Spoiler
    Show

OK, roll initiative and post actions everyone. In the spoiler part of your posts also include active buffs (including abilities such as frenzy), AC and current HP.
    NOTE: the giants are more than 100 but less than 200. Now, if you want to stop for a couple of rounds to count them...
    Last edited by Belial_the_Leveler; 2008-04-12 at 02:37 AM.

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, I dislike to say that, but this doesnt look like melee to me. I sugest to have some croud spells on them by the casters, and those skilled in close combat prevent them for charging the spell casters. Anny other sugestions?

Ini: [roolv]1d20+7[/rollv]

Rondres rides tovards the giants with the croud of the heroes, and he draws his bastardsword. He wont charge until the giants are close enough, when he will launch a ride by attack on one on the outer side, to prevent attacks of opportunity from the others.

Spoiler
    Show

HP:308
    AC:37 (Touch 12, Flat 31, +4 deflection)
    Dam Reduction 3/-
    Imune to Critical
    30 Pts of Acid and Fire Dam Absorbed per Round
    Deathward (on mount too)
    Fast Healing 1
    Hast
    Strength: 36 (+13)
    Forth: 39
    Refl: 34
    Will: 30
    Speed (mount) 90ft

AT: 35/(35)/30/25/20/15

Last edited by Cray; 2008-04-12 at 11:37 AM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

rerolling Ini:
    (1d20+7)[20](27)

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Josiah

Oh, this is a few more than expected. None the less, too late to run now.

Initiative (1d20+6)[10]

Spoiler
    Show
    +4 To All Saves
    +5 CC (49)
    Haste
    True Seeing
    +1 Reflex Saves
    Fear Aura
    Aura of Despair

Okay, change of plans since they saw it coming. Not going to major image or song of discord. Instead I'm going to drop an Cloudkill that they must run through to get to us, and so it expands towards them 10 ft every round.
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2008-04-12 at 07:40 AM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Barbarian in the Playground

Tathron

Initiative - (1d20+13)[33]
    "May hells gates greet you," thunders Tathron in his deep voice.
    Tathron flies up 30 feet, and readies an action to fire a eldritch blast at any giant that moves towards the group.

Using a Maximized Vitrolic Brimstone Eldritch Chain Hellfire blast for 17d6 (maximized) damage that bypasses spell resistance, and anyone hit must make two DC 14 saving throws to avoid taking acid damage (2d6/round for 4 rounds) and lighting on fire (2d6/round for 4 rounds). The blast deals 102 damage, and jumps to up to 4 targets.
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+33)[51]
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+33)[37]
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+33)[43]
    Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+33)[51]

As told by my signature, I will not be posting for the next week, sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by expirement10K14; 2008-04-12 at 09:48 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, this should be fun...

Init: (1d20+7)[26]

As soon as he gets a chance Ponidus switches his Psicrowns and manifests Temporal Acceleration from his Psicrown of the Temporal Juggler, using 19 PP for 3 rounds of buff time.

Temporal Acceleration Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1:
    Manifest a 9 PP Expansion, 1 for actual power, 6 for the extra size, 2 to make the duration 10 minutes per level, so duration = 230 minutes.

Round 2:
    Manifest an extended Form of Doom, 13 PP duration= 46 rounds.

Round 3:
    Switch Psicrown worn and Manifest a 17 PP Astral Construct, size= Huge, special abilities chosen=
    A: -
    B: Improved Flight, Fast Healing (2)
    C: Energy Bolt, fire (8d8, and I need to know how to figure out the save DC, but whatever it is it's at +1 from the base.)
    Duration= 23 rounds

PP used by me: 22
    PP remaining, 190

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP: 276+120 Temp
    AC: 56
    DR: 5/-
    SR: 25
    10% Miss Chance

Attack routine: +29/+29/+29/+29/+29/+24/+19//+24/+24/+24/+24
    Damage:
    8d8+31/2d8+18

Fort: +26
    Ref: +19
    Will: +28

Speed: 40

Astral Construct Important Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 144
    AC: 33
    Fast Healing 2

Fort: +6
    Ref: +6
    Will: +6

Attack: Fire Bolt, 120 ft. line, 8d8+8 fire damage

Speed: 50 ft land, 40 ft fly

Active Buffs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Expansion: 230 minutes
    Form of Doom: 46 Rounds
    Vigor: 23 minutes
    Inertial Armor: 26 Hours
    Haste, duration unknown
    Unholy Aura, duration unkown
    Mass Bull's Strength, duration unknown
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-04-12 at 02:12 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Fotios

"There's just an acre of these folk, isn't there?"
    Fotios's voice carries a noticeable touch of glee as he works his way up the slope, jumping to bypass a particularly rough-looking section.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Land speed is 60' with Haste, double move towards the giants, then use my swift action to Sudden Leap, jumping a further Jump - (1d20+55)[69] feet (assuming they're far enough away I can't reach them with just a double move). If any supernatural obstacles (like a Cloudkill, for example) end up in my path, I'll go around them, not through them.

Useful stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+5)[11]
    HP: 345/345
    AC(touch)[flatfooted]: 35(21)[29] Includes AC from Haste/Unholy Aura

• DR 5/- (Supreme Blade Parry [Indefinite duration])
    • Concealment (20% miss chance) (Gleaming armor [Indefinite duration])
    • Immunity to critical hits/sneak attacks (Heavy Fortification armor [Indefinite duration])
    • Stacking +2 Dodge bonus to AC for every missed attack against me (resets to +0 on my turn, every turn) (Pearl of Black Doubt [Indefinite duration])
    • +4 Deflection to AC, +4 Resistance to saves, SR 25 versus Good creatures, possession/mental influence blocked, Good creatures take strength damage if they hit me in melee (Unholy Aura [unknown duration, Round/level])
    • Extra attack on full attack, +1 to attack rolls, +1 dodge to AC/Reflex, +30' base speed (Haste [unknown duration, Round/level])
    • +4 Strength (Mass Bull's Strength [unknown duration, Minute/level])
    • Adjacent allies get +2 Morale to Will saves (Ironheart Aura [Indefinite duration])

Readied maneuvers:
    • Avalanche of Blades
    • Diamond Nightmare Blade
    • Time Stands Still
    • Strike of Perfect Clarity
    • Wall of Blades
    • Rabid Bear Strike
    • Sudden Leap

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just an acre? I like the sound of that, but I think two or three would be even more fun.

Seeing his ally jumping through the air, Ponidus follows suit, seeing as it may help. (1d20+50)[55]

He also instructs his Astral Construct to fly up to an area that it can hit the giants with it's Fire Bolt, and to let loose, but to remain mobile.

So when it gets within range, the Astral construct uses Energy Blast (Fire) trying to hit as many opponents as possible in the 120 ft. line. Until then it will double move to get to said position.

(8d8+8)[44] Reflex save vs. DC ? for half damage.
    Last edited by pup3k; 2008-04-12 at 01:03 PM.
    It is I, Pup3k!!!

"Verb, verb, verb, verb the adjective noun!

My beautiful Altaïr Sneakatar courtesy of Sneak.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Initiative (1d20+6=16)

Horskarn

Horksarn twirls his odd hook-blade, settling it into a guarding stance.
    "Skjoldir, attend me!"
    His words cause the broad, bronzed metal shield hovering behind him to spring into life, gliding into position to protect its master. Icy blue runes on its surface glitter and glow with contained magic. He advances confidently on the giant armada, positioning himself in between the group and the giants as one of his fellows suggested - as long as Horskarn stood, no giant alive would be capable of getting down that path past him.

Actions:
    Spoiler
    Show

Double move up the pathway, 140ft. total. Karmic Strike and Robilar's Gambit are active.

Important Stats (assuming I recieved the buffs requested in OOC):
    Spoiler
    Show

Initiative: 16
    HP: 730/730
    AC/Touch/FF: 43/19/38 (-21 if Power Attacking) (-4 additional penalty with Karmic Strike active) (Robiliar's Gambit allows enemies an additional +4 bonus to attack and damage against me)

Current Attack Routine:
    +41/+41/+36/+31/+26, dealing 2d6+27 damage plus 2d6 sonic damage and 2 negative levels per hit.

Active Buffs:
    -Unholy Aura
    -Mass Bull's Strength
    -Haste
    -Air Walk
    -Freedom of Movement
    -Improved Blink
    -True Seeing
    -Felldrained Weapon of Energy

Other Effects:
    +1 to hit and damage against creatures with Supernatural abilities
    Ignore miss chances granted by magical effects (may overlap with True Seeing).

Attacks of Opportunity:
    I have a 30ft. reach, recieve unlimited AoO per round, and each provoking action gives me three such attacks - the first at my full attack bonus, the second at a -5, and the third at a -10, with full damage applied to each attack. All of the normal actions that provoke AoO apply to me, along with the following special cases:
    -Casting any sort of spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, regardless of if it would normall provoke AoO or not.
    -Charging into a square I threaten.
    -Dismiss or redirect an active spell.
    -Turn or rebuke undead.
    -Attempt to grapple me, even if with Improved Grab or Improved Grapple.
    -Attack me in melee
    -Hit me in melee
    Any movement-related action that provokes an AoO (leaving or entering a threatened square, for instance) will have the first AoO be a Stand Still attempt, forcing a Reflex save with DC=Damage dealt against being unable to move further that turn, but causing no actual HP damage.)

(OOC: Edited actions after seeing distances in OOC thread.)
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2008-04-12 at 04:45 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

Now that was impeccable timing. A host of strong warriors at their fore, the perfect distraction for the single hidden foe at their back. He stifles a deep laugh, wishing to remain hidden in his invisible state.

Initiative: (1d20+19)[25]

The Spirit strafes past the closest giant he can reach, one of the stragglers at the rear end of the procession. He quickly moves past, twin blades slicing rapidly, an attack that seems to take no time before he moves away from the giant.

Spoiler
    Show
    (Double) Spring attack (bounding attack). 40' forward?, 40' back.

To hit: Desert's Hunger 1(1d20+35)[47]
    To hit: Desert's Hunger 2(1d20+30)[39]
    Dmg: DH1: (1d4+14)[17] + Improved Skirmish (5d6)[14] + (1d4)[2] Dessication damage + (1d6)[2] Acid Damage + (1d6)[1] Vampiric (which I gain as HP)
    Dmg: DH2: (1d4+14)[15] + (5d6)[20] + (1d4)[3] + (1d6)[4] + (1d6)[1]

To hit: Dark Heart of Keku 1: (1d20+35)[42]
    To hit: Dark Heart of Keku 2: (1d20+30)[34]
    Dmg: DHK1: (1d4+8)[12] + Imp Skirm (5d6)[20]
    Dmg: DHK2: (1d4+8)[10] + (5d6)[17]

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show

HP 293/293, DR 5/-, Speed 80'
    AC 35 (40 if after Initiative (from Imp.Skirmish), Touch 26 (+5 Skirm), Flat-footed 19 (doesn't happen: Uncanny dodge), Fort +30, Ref +30, Will +20
    Currently: Blurred, Invisible (Until after turn, obviously)

20. - Top - End - #110

Karsh

Gazing at the host of giants, Karsh lets out a laugh. "Lord of the Earth, guide my blades. Much blood will be shed today!"

He charges up the slope with blinding speed, tendrils of shadow twisting and roiling out behind him as he goes. After a brief while running, he takes the end of one of his trailing shadows and wraps it around himself, appearing instantly 50 feet further along, both daggers drawn and ready for killing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+18)[21]
    HP: 330
    AC: 51 base (58 currently, +4 Deflection - Unholy Aura, +2 Dodge - Expeditious Dodge, +1 Dodge - Haste)

Double moving 180' and initiating Shadow Blink as a swift action for a total move of 230 feet. Designating the nearest giant as his target for Elusive Target.

Active buffs: 20% Miss Chance - Child of Shadow if move more than 10 feet
    Haste
    Bull's Strength
    Telepathic Bond
    Unholy Aura
    (Anything else?)

21. - Top - End - #111

Tyndur

Init - (1d20+8)[20]

First round, he will cast Greater Invisibility and sets permanent repulsion to 20' radius (free action) and moves away from groups.

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 256
    AC: 35, Touch: 23, Flatfooted: 27 but Impossible

Running Boosts:
    Haste,
    Telepathic Bond,
    Foresight

Constant Boosts:
    Protection From Evil (from armor)
    20' radius permanent repulsion (Will Save, DC 30 [+4 against humanoids]
    20' radius calm emotions, Will Save, DC 29 [+4 against humanoids].
    Any manufactured weapon needs a DC 29 [+4 against humanoid welders] Fort save when striking him or shatter harmlessly.
    Last edited by Kyace; 2008-04-13 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Forgot a boost

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Heidal

"Interesting." is all the giant has to say, before moving forward away from the others and casting.

His bear stays with him, inside the shell that forces all others out.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 612. AC 31, Touch 11, Flat 29.
    Permanent Emanation: Anti-life shell

Init: (1d20+2)[21]

Polar bear stays within the 10'.

Casting Earthquake on an area of giants that does not currently have one of the others in the radius. Range on spell is 1240 ft, area is 80' radius.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Lamashtu

Out of the darkness comes the laughter of the spirit of the Netherworld, loud and clear.
    This? This is all that comes against us? Giants with sticks and stones?

Suddenly the darkness vanishes and reappears in the midst of a group of giants opposite the one the earthquake struck and covers them completely.

Spoiler
    Show

HP 224, AC 49, initiative - (1d20+6)[9](15)
    Teleport-will be using implosions on the giants the following rounds
    IM IN UR WIZARD SCHOOL STABBIN UR HORCRUXES

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

The blood of these foe will flow! We will defend our ships.

Spoiler
    Show

Menin is going to run for 200ft movement, He is going to stay a minimum of 100 ft back from the main forces then charge in, make an attack, let his dancing axe go and grab his second one, enter his furry and rage. He is power attacking for -4 to attack and +16 to dammage
    Init (1d20+3)[9](12)
    Buffs
    Haste (doesn't stack with frenzy for attacks)
    Bull's Strength (stacks with rage and frenzy for a total of +18 to STR
    Unholy Aura
    After first Attack
    Frenzy, Rage
    (unless you don't consider letting a dancing weapon go activating an item, then he enters rage now)

Spoiler
    Show

HP 788/963 (before frenzy and after)
    AC 37/33

Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-04-14 at 03:30 AM.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Tathron, realising the giants aren't coming near the group since they can throw stones at them and that the group is charging at the giants anyway, fires at the first giants to come within range. The blast strikes the first giant, drills a hole through the behemoth's shoulder then arcs over the five closest giants, melting away patches of skin and muscle. Despite the force of the blast, neither the first giant nor any of the others fall over dead-or even critically wounded.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Chain hits one target-plus one target per five levels. That makes it six targets total, not four. On the other hand, secondary targets take half damage. BTW, the save DC is off by a few points-it should be significantly higher.

Rondres sees that the giants are too far away for a single charge to reach them-or even a quick march. Thus, he runs up the slope as fast as he can and upon reaching the same level as the giants he turns around and sets himself in a good position for a charge at any part of the giant's formation within a radius of two hundred feet.
    Spoiler
    Show
    A simple move action doesn't cover the remaining 300 ft to the giants. Thus, run action. Now rondres is pretty much at the end of the ascending path and right behind the two lines of giants (one on his left, one on his right) and within charging distance.

Ponidus seems to move in the blink of an eye, at one moment being along with the rest of the group, the very next having moved more than two hundred feet and caught up along with Rondres. He seems somewhat tired from the sudden movement though-and his ponderous astral construct-even flying and with its speed magically increased-cannot catch up with him or even ascend enough to have a clear line of sight to the giants.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can move into position under the temporal acceleration-but don't forget the penatlies after the temporal acceleration. The astral construct is too slow to even ascend over the cliffs and get a shot at the giants with a double move-it still needs a standard move to cover the 20 more feet of ascencion (after the double move this turn) and so it has to make the attack the next round.

Spirit moves like a blur and with four well-placed blows, one giant weakened by Tathron's blast staggers, one leg almost severed, and in a rain of blood topples over the ravine and falls down on the group's path almost crashing Spirit's newfound companions.
    Spoiler
    Show
    138+102 damage = dead giant

Karsh catches up with the group's fastest members through a minor teleportation while Heidal casts a powerful earthquake upon the largest concentration of giants. The cliffs below the giants' feet begin to crack and crumble, the ancient rock of the weather-beaten cliffs collapsing under the magic. Fully half the left side of the cliffs collapses along with the giants, thousands of tons of rock and soil making one big landslide for a few moments. Landing on the steep upward slope before half the group, stones and fully forty giants continue their movement downwards, taking those members of the group still on the ground along with them for a quick ride of some two hundred feet at which point they crash on the half-ruined dock, completely tearing off even the wooden support columns upon which the dock is built and disappear into the sea. Luckily, seeing the approaching battle, the sailors along with their ships have retreated far enough from the port to avoid the destruction.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whoops! See OOC post.

Preparing to move up the slope and activating his defences, Tyndur is very surpised at the thousands of tons of rock that come down the slope along with forty giants and carry him along-though "carry" would not be the word he'd use for the thousands of rocks-some of them as large as houses-that crash into him and drag him all the way to the sea...

Horskarn sees the landslide coming-but it is too late to stop it and given his position in an upward slope with cliffs towering a hundred feet from both sides, he doesn't have anywhere to dodge either. He's carried along with the rocks and much of his new friends...

Lamashtu, already flying, misses the landslide by more than twenty feet but is unsure wether her original plan would work now anyway. She waits to see wether there's something more effective to do-perhaps help her new allies...

Along with the rest of the group Menin is swept by the landslide, quickly ending up in the sea along with several thiousand tons of rocks, eighty tons of giant and several of his allies...

Fotios sees the landslide coming-but there is nowhere to dodge to and no mortal could hope to stop several thousand tons of rocks by himself without the use of magic. He's swept along with the rest of the group. Josiah too is taken along for the ride, bumping left and right in the mass of rocks, giants and heroes...

The remaining giants, seeing nearly half of their brethren swept along by the power of the Earth stare in awe, stunned by the deafening sound, the vibrations of thousands of tons of rock falling on rock from a hundred feet up, the utter annihilation of the harbor and the barely audible cries of giants as they fall a hundred feet, are crashed by tons of rock, are swept away by the landslide, are impaled by the breaking wooden planks of the harbor and are then dragged more than fifty feet into the sea...

If all you have is a hammer, don't be lazy; be a blacksmith and start making more stuff.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Melioli

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative - (1d20+7)[20]
    HP: 264
    AC: 49 (touch 32, flat 44)
    Active Buffs:
    * True Seeing (depending on amount of time elapsed from storm)
    * Freedom of Movement (depending on amount of time elapsed from storm)
    * Air Walk
    * Owl's Insight (+12 WIS)
    * Tortoise Shell (+10 enhancement to Natural Armor, speed reduced to 20')
    * Stoneskin (DR 10/adamantine)
    * Death Ward
    * Eagle's Splendor (+4 CHA)
    * Bear's Endurance (+4 CON)
    * Cat's Grace (+4 DEX)
    * Bull's Strength (+4 STR) -- only group buff I got off
    * Haste (from Tyndur, speed increased to 40')
    * +4 resistance to all saves (from Lamashtu)
    * SR 25 vs. good (from Lamashtu, doubtful it'll be useful)

Action: Hesitant to use most of my better AoE spells for fear of harming allies... instead use a long-range (up to 1120') empowered vitriolic sphere (no SR) to target an otherwise unaffected group of giants in a 10' burst (15d4 x 150%, Reflex 1/2 DC 30; those failing the save take 6d4 next round (reflex 1/2), and those failing again take 3d4 (reflex 1/2) on the third round).

The nymph reserves some of her most powerful magics for later, and instead focuses on harming a more targeted group of giants.
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-14 at 08:04 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

When the Giant on the right side is close enough, Rondres charges him, wielding his Bastardsword in two hands, leading his horse with mental comands.

Spoiler
    Show

If Rondres is abel to use smite evil while charging, he'll do so.

At: (1d20+41)[18](59) +7 from smite evil
    Dam: (1d10+38)[6](44) +100 from smite evil

28. - Top - End - #118
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Damage from smite is not affected by critical hit, is it?

Critical thread:(1d20+39)[3](42) +7 from smite
    Dam: (1d10+30)[9](39) (+100, if smite counts in)

I forgott: Wounding waepon: Target looses 1 con dam per hit. (not affected by critical)

Question. Improved crittical feat does increase my thread range from 19-20 to 17-20, right?

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

[OOC]****, if the Critical hit, it deals 8 Dam more. Sorry...

30. - Top - End - #120

Karsh

Karsh turns momentarily, pointing with a dagger at the carnage. "That is exactly what I was talking about."

Then, turning back to the giants, he lets out a roar and charges, nearly on all fours. The shadows whirling about him coalesce into two massive wings which beat symbolically as he hurls himself through the air for the last bit of distance of his charge, landing nimbly and safely in the midst of the giants, his daggers flashing in a windmill of fury.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: 21, HP: 330,
    AC: 65 (51 base + 1 (Haste) + 2 (Expeditious Dodge) - 2 (Charge) + 4 (Unholy Aura) + 9 (Epic Tumble + Fighting Defensively + Elaborate Parry) +4 dodge to AC against any attacks of opportunity.
    20% Miss Chance (Child of Shadow)

Initiating Pouncing Charge maneuver, full attack after charge. Targeting a giant that will put the maximum number of enemies within reach.

If these guys can use spell-like abilities or cast spells, Magebane activates for all these attacks, increasing attack/damage by +2 and +2d6 damage. Damage is increased by +8 due to Insightful Strike Discipline Focus in Tiger Claw.

Attacks:
    Primary hand:
    (1d20+38)[45] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Acid - (1d6)[3] Vampiric - (1d6)[1] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 39 damage
    (1d20+38)[54] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Acid - (1d6)[1] Vampiric - (1d6)[6] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 42 damage
    (1d20+33)[43] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Acid - (1d6)[5] Vampiric - (1d6)[2] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 42 damage
    (1d20+28)[38] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Acid - (1d6)[2] Vampiric - (1d6)[2] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 39 damage
    (1d20+23)[39] Damage - (1d4+32)[36] Acid - (1d6)[1] Vampiric - (1d6)[6] + SR reduced by 2, if any. - 43 damage

Off-hand:
    (1d20+38)[40] Damage - (1d4+32)[36] Vampiric - (1d6)[4] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
    (1d20+33)[46] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Vampiric - (1d6)[5] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
    (1d20+28)[46] Damage - (1d4+32)[34] Vampiric - (1d6)[6] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 40 damage
    (1d20+23)[36] Damage - (1d4+32)[35] Vampiric - (1d6)[2] + SR reduced by 2, if any + 1 CON damage. - 37 damage

Designating the nearest living, reasonably unwounded giant as the target for Elusive Target.