New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: De Anima IC

1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: De Anima IC

Tan Celwyn

Tam leans back against the doorway of the cell, running his fingers through his hair in barely-restrained desperation. He casts about the cell for any implements that might be helpful in their predicament. You never know when even the smallest scrap of wire might be useful, after all.

After a brief search of the cell, Tam moves away from the door and leans heavily against a side wall before sliding his back down the wall into a sitting position on the floor. He's clearly exhausted.

What do we do know? Just wait to see what happens? If I had any wire or bits of steel, I could make a try at picking the door lock. I could use magic to get us out of here, but I can't seem to access any of my spells. At least, not until I've rested. Anyone else have any ideas?

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search Check: (1d20+12)[16] - looking especially for any stiff wire or similar objects that could be used as improvised lockpicks.
    The Scroungers Campaign Setting
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew
    A Zombiemageddon Campaign Journal!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

Elias shrugs.
    "Well, we have no equipment and the door seems strong. I could get Khaira here outside, but I doubt that would do any good."
    He pets his snake, which is looking out of his shirt.
    "I really doubt they would leave the key somewhere where she could go and get it."
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #33

Tam Celwyn

Tam hangs his head.

Well, then I guess there's nothing we can do until we get some rest. Unless anyone else has any ideas. What do you think will happen to us, anyways?
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

James seems disturbingly happy, considering the situation. He isn't exactly jolly, but he doesn't seem to be frightened out of his wits, either. He adds his own thoughts to the pile:

"Well, we aren't being sent to the general droves of Hell, so that's either a good or a bad sign. At least, we may have a chance to find out more about what has happened. My magic has not yet left me, but I am loathe to use it, because this is, after all, the Nine Hells, and the devils here are sure to be watching in some way."
    And I am OUT.

How many signatures would a Tim have if a Tim could have a signature? Answer? None yet.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

Amanda

“I think I agree with you James” Amanda speaks softly, but with a hint of contempt, as if she resented him for saying it first. Her voice quiets even further, to a barely audible whisper “The one with the clipboard, she was speaking undercommon. She was confused by what we were exactly; there was mention of us being undead…She going to report us to someone named Kulzu.”

Amanda moves to the corner of the room with her back to three men and begins a series of stretches and controlled movements.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amanda will take the opportunity to exercise and ready her maneuvers if the party can spare 5 minutes uninterrupted
    all's well that ends well,
    and we all die alone

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

After a long hour of speculation and badly concocked plans, you lose a great deal of your enthusiasm for being trapped and boredom sets in. To pass the time, you prepare yourselves in case something miraculous changes ... but it does not. The light coming through the tiny, barred window never changes, so it is impossible to determine how long you have been here. After what seems and age, James begins to drift off to sleep.

James
    Spoiler
    Show
    You fall asleep with remarkable ease given the circumstances, but as your eyes close, your mind's eye opens and you realise that this is no ordinary sleep. You can see nothing but white light all around you, but you seem to be blanketed in a veil of shadow. You look up and around and can see no source of the shade. Suddenly a voice calls out, seeming to come from everywhere at once "Lost One, I have at last found you. I beseech you, act on my guidance and find your way back to my light. Open your cage and find your anchor inside the heart of the red devil. Chase the northern mountains and seek out the remarkable businessman. Curse the Hog and escape into the cage."
    the voice fades as soon as it came and you awake with a start and feel at jabbing pain in your hand. You open it to find a stong, bend piece of wire.

All
    By this time, eight hours have past, so spells can be prepared etc.
    Last edited by Penril; 2008-04-24 at 02:28 AM.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

7. - Top - End - #37

Tam Celwyn

Tam jerks awake, looking around in a panic before realizing where he is and settling down somewhat. His face retains some of its pallor and he has bags under his eyes, but you can see that he's calmed down and is feeling a bit more sure of himself. He looks around and speaks to those who are awake.

Well, what do we do now? I could see about magically opening that door and getting the hell out of here, if people are...wait a moment!

His eyes have fallen on James' opening hand and the piece of sturdy wire contained therein. He lunges forward and grabs the wire, twisting it between his fingers and grinning.

Where did you get this? Never mind, who cares. Let's get out of here!

He rushes over to the door and begins to examine it carefully, looking for a place to try manipulating the lock, mumbling to himself under his breath. If he finds one, you begin hear a faint scratching sound as he twists the wire all different directions and scrubs it back and forth over the pins in the lock. He stops occasionally when he hears something that might indicate someone approaching.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry if I'm speaking/acting out of turn. Tam is really excited to see something that's familiar and offers hope of escape, even if its nothing but a piece of wire.

Also, rolls:

Search - (1d20+12)[20] - looking for access to the lock from this side of the door.
    Open Lock - (1d20+10)[17]

If either of these checks fails and if time permits, Tam will take 20 as necessary. He will stop working, hide the wire in his shoe, and move away from the door if someone appears to be opening the door.
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #38
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Tam

With a little bit a force, you manage to push your arm through the tiny gap in the bars and, with a grunt of effort, manage to find the first lock. Struggling to keep hold of the wire and trying to ignore the pain in your arm, you focus on the task at hand. You feel your way into the lock and begin working at its components, pushing a little here, a little there, you inch the lock around. As you begin to feel the irresistable force of the lock turning open, you suddenly hear a sound outside; footsteps coming your way!
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

9. - Top - End - #39

Tam Celwyn

Tam's head jerks in the direction of the sound and he abandons his efforts to open the door, yanking his hand back in through the window and stowing the piece of wire in his shoe, where it digs uncomfortably into his foot. He whispers quietly to the rest of the group.

Someone's coming down the hallway towards us!
    Last edited by Mephibosheth; 2008-04-25 at 12:20 PM.
    Main Thread | Crunch

Other Projects
    The Giver d20
    Other Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

James has had visionary, even prophetic, dreams before, but this was nothing less than startling. As the steps appear, he sets on the floor against the wall as though he had been there for ages. He holds the dream in his mind like water in his hand, waiting for a quiet moment to reveal what happened.
    And I am OUT.

How many signatures would a Tim have if a Tim could have a signature? Answer? None yet.