New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Mafia VII - PRE recruitment RP THREAD

Hi -
    I'll probably update this first post.

This thread is for anyone wanting to RP *before* we do the recruitment thread for Mafia VII - Revenge of the Tomahawk.

More specifically, this thread is for rp and to get into character before players are killed on the first lynch, or first night kill.

This also serves as a good starting point for data collection... so this could also be seen as the preface to the story of the game.

Location - The City (Modern / pre-depression era major city)
    The year - 1927

The City's hockey team - the Blackhawks are the worst team in the league.

The Falcone mob has picked up where the Kingmaker left off, while a new homicidal gangleader with a flair for theatrics named the Joker is squaring off against them.

Each mob has it out for a lover - the Falcone mob wants to eliminate Rachael, and the Joker's mob want to eliminate Bruce Wayne (The lovers).

The Grifter (The Mole) drifts into town, objective to survive.

The city is home to a Mayor (currently Helgraf), a Boxing Champ (currently SupaGoof) and a cemetary of the dead.

Lucky's is the most famous infamous neutral meeting point, the docks keep the city alive, and the hill is where the wealthy live - above the trials and tribulations below. The city hall has been scene to several assassinations - to include the death of the Kingmaker on the blooded steps, and the hotel across the street has been a haven of countless assassins from "out of town."

The train station - seems to take more families out of the dangerous town, and brings in gangsters, grifters, federal agents, and private eyes.

How are you entering town? What do you do?
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Mafia VII - PRE recruitment RP THREAD

Morning breaks. I grab my usual breakfast of 6 dozen raw eggs and toast. After a quick look in the mirror, I grab my bag and head down to the gym to get a few rounds in on the bag. The morning air shows with each breath I take while jogging there. Upon arrival, I see the lights on. Mickey, always up before me, had the place open and running. I head inside and change into my workout clothes.

Goof, you ain't nothin but a bum. It's amazes me someone as lazy as yous even bothers to get up in the mornin'

Morning Mickey. I suppose you heard me come in with those big ears of yours. I said, razzing him a bit.
    Why I outta...let's go, today's heavy training day for you. Big bag and weights.

Of course, you know what's best.

I head out to the heavy bag. Mickey grabs hold as I start my routine.

Punch it like you mean it!

Encouraging words from Mickey, nothing was ever good enough for this small guy from Florida, but he knew his stuff. The champion belt hung in display for all to see and aspire to be. He helped me reach my top level, now he was going to help me keep it. After a few hours on the bag, I switch to lifting weights for awhile. I was working on endurance and strength today, tomorrow would be speed and agility. Back and forth. Had to keep at it. There was talk of some new comers that wanted to take the belt away from, but I wouldn't make it easy on them.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

The young man is looking out of the train from New York which is just arriving at the train station.

Finally I made it! The City! Escaped good old europe, which became bad old europe recently. Couldn’t stand the politics there anymore but, eh, now I’m where my Uncle used to live till he departed. He left me a little flat in downtown, well not me directly but my family was informed that the flat was one of his few possessions.
    And since I already wanted to emigrate to the states I thought it’s a good idea to take over the flat.
    First I should see the district attorney to prove my identity and get the keys. Then I think I will visit my Uncle at the cemetary.
    And at last I should look out for work, my money from home will not last for ever. I just hope there is need for a surveyor here, I spot enough construction sites as the train drove through the village.
    Well, I have the feeling that my luck begins just now!

With this thoughts he jumps out of the train into a puddle of water, wettening his trousers. With a minor Austrian curse on his lips he continous his way.
    Last edited by Zar Peter; 2008-04-09 at 03:41 PM.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, I'm back...

It was just as he'd remembered it. The City was still alive with it's own particular brand of soul. It could be a dirty, violent place, but it was also home to some of the best people he'd ever had the pleasure of knowing.

Normally Sid would spend his time off on campus, he loved his family, but it was easier to make and keep money up there. Saving enough to get into law school was hard enough, maintaining it was a whole other can of worms.

He stepped out of the station and into the City proper. Shouldering his pack, Sid thinks about what he's going to need to do as he walks.

Going to need a place to sleep, shouldn't be too hard though. Work wouldn't hurt, but I've got enough to stay for a few weeks.

If he were paying more attention to where he was walking, he would've noticed his feet carrying him towards Lucky's. By the time he'd realized it, he was already at the door. He wasn't much for drinking, but there was someone he wanted to see and that person was either at the docks or here.

Sid opens the door and walks in. In the dim light he can make out someone sitting by themselves at the bar. He takes the stool next to him. The guy doesn't look up until Sid says something.

Heya, big brother.

5. - Top - End - #5

((So long as no one objects to a new player...))

A thin brunette, her hair dirty and stringy from one night too many slept on the ground, comes into the City, dragging a suitcase behind her. It's beaten and dirty, looking much like the girl herself. She sighs with relief as she sees the skyline. Finally, a place for a new start. They'll never look for me here. She trudges on towards the heart of the City, hoping to find a means of making money so she can get a bath and a room tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show

Little Fears banner by Crimmy
    Queen of Hearts avatar by Alarra

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Post Re: Mafia VII - PRE recruitment RP THREAD

Well, his father had been infamous; he had also been head of the law. Nice combination there! Well, Eric was here, and he was here to live down his father’s reputation, although he was sure that a little hint may not hurt from time to time. At least in the right circles, in the wrong ones it will get him killed rather quickly. Still, a new city, a new hell hole. These people looked as though they were well off, not much changed there then. Eric strolled into the Apartment block where his father used to live

“Hmmmmmmmmmmmm”
    He mused to himself, the door was still boarded up, obviously no-one wanted to go near the home of one of the biggest crooks in the city. Well, he wasn’t going to get a better chance, when he walked in it looked like he was all alone in this rather well to do building.

With a sudden crunch the boards were removed from the door and Eric was inside the flat of his father. His mom hadn’t wanted him to come here, but she knew that he would turn up here eventually. The place was actually rather nice, the police had not really done too much damage, they had used a key, and their searching had been rather unenthusiastic.

“Yes, a few hours fixing up those board holes on the door and it would be good as new, with a days cleaning of course.”

Eric settled down on his hew sofa, looking rather proud.
    Failed at RAF hosting.

AMENite
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roles in WW games so far...
    Villager:7
    Mason:1
    Seer:0
    Fool:2
    Alpha:1
    Devil:0
    Wolf:5
    Other:1

Current games
    Stargate
    When Cicidians Cry
    Face Stealers
    Fatbelly 4

BRC killed my Pixe!! thankies dude!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DivaDe21 View Post
    ((So long as no one objects to a new player...))
    (Please do! Anyone may post here. Even people that have no intention of playing WW Mafia VII may post here. Welcome!)
    "see the little angels rise up high, how do they rise up, rise up, how do they rise up high?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Location - The City Lunatic Asylum

I sat at the white table, the same table they bought me to every day. The tired, sad looking men in white coats sat in front of me as they always did, the faces were interchangeable but the look was always the same. I sighed inwardly and waited for the usual procession of pointless question and answer to start. The psychiatrist with the white hair didn’t disappoint, pulling out a piece of white card with a random assortment of black splotches on it, like a depressed child’s finger painting.

“So Robert, what does this picture remind you of?”

I got so bored of them asking. Weren’t they used to my responses? They were always the same.

“Mona.”

Another picture now, kind of like a butterfly. It would have been pretty if it wasn’t completely black.

“Mona.”

Another. Gods, they never gave up did they?

“Mona.”

The man in white sighed and returned the cards to his pocket; I’d broken him for another day. He looked at me with those sad eyes of his and spoke in his light southern drawl.

“Now Robert, we’re never going to be able to let you out if you carry on like this. You want to be free to live again, don’t you Robert? To be outside and see the sky and the trees again?”

This was new. They didn’t usually try to tempt me with possible freedom. I’d killed someone, freedom was the last thing I should be promised.

“Mona.”

The psychiatrist stood up and sighed again, placing a hand on my shoulder.

“I guess you’re just not ready yet Robert. Think about what I said though.”

I would do that much at least. When you’re on your own in a padded cell all you have is your thoughts…

((Yes I will be playing my recurring character, as he amazingly survived the last game ))

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

9. - Top - End - #9

The big guys eyes lit up. Sid chuckled inwardly, Cris always did wear his emotions on his sleeve sometimes. Cris threw an arm around Sid's shoulders. Cris dwarfed the thin man, always had. Sidney was the academic in a family of laborers and craftsmen.

Little brother! How've you been? He waves down the bartender. Hey Lucky, a whiskey for Sidney!

Sid smiled. Make it a double, damn rich kids wouldn't know a good whiskey if it bit 'em. Lucky put the drink on the bar, Cris waved Sid of when he tried to pay.

Naw, I got this one.

I owe you, remember? You're the one that helped me get out of here and off to school. Sid laughed. Had better things aheada' me, you said. He sipped the whiskey, good Lynchburg stuff, just what he'd been missing. Said I'd pay you back, and I will. How's Pops?

Cris shook his head. Pops had a heart attack a while back, after all the goings-on a few months ago. 'Fraid he didn't make it.

W...what? Why didn't you tell me?

Figured you had enough ta worry about, what with school and all...God, he was proud of you. He'd talk your ear off about his lawyer son! Cris downed the rest of his whisky, a whistle blew outside. Well, that's my call. Shift's startin' You going to be around long, Sid?

Couple weeks, saved up so I could take some time off.

Got a place to stay?

Not yet. Figured I'd rent a room downtown.

Cris squeezed his shoulders. Ohhh no. My little brother ain't rentin a room while I'm still here. There's still room in my place.
    He slapped a few bills on the table. You come down to the docks when you get set up, I'll be waitin'

Sid smiled. Yeah, no problem. Same old Cris, he'd do anything for his little brother. Go, go. You'll be late!

Cris laughed. I'm goin' I'm goin'! He turned towards the door, but stopped just before leaving. Hey, it really is good to see ya again.

You too. Cris left, Sid sat at the bar nursing his whiskey.

Some things never change, it seems.

10. - Top - End - #10

After wandering around for a day and a half, the dirty, tired girl finds she has managed to acquire enough money for...a drink. No room tonight, it seems. She sighs and looks around. Her eyes light on a sign advertising a bar called Lucky's. She trudges closer, peering in before she enters, wanting to make sure it's not one of those really fancy, snooty places. They might think to look for her there, and she wanted to avoid that at all costs. She sees a lone patron sitting at one end of the bar and decides it seems safe enough. She comes in, dragging her suitcase behind her. She takes a seat, the bag tucked carefully between her feet. With a loud smack, she slams her coins onto the bar. I'd like as much whiskey as this can buy me.

The bartender raises an eyebrow at her appearance and the amount of money she sets down, then chuckles quietly. Hey there, girlie. I can think of a way for you to work off as many drinks as you can stand.

The girl recoils, pulling her coins back towards her. That's not what I-

She's cut off by the man roughly grabbing her wrist and leaning close to hiss into her face. Listen, girl. I'm offering to do you a favor. How DARE you-

The girl yelps and pulls away, backing against the wall, her money and suitcase forgotten in her terror. Please, no!
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I was looking for a new place to stay, had a lot of trouble with some guys in my last town. This Lucky's seemed like a good place to hang out. So, I entered and looked around, just in time to see some bastard intimidating a girl in need.

Looking for trouble, mate. I suggest you leave 'er alone.

I whipped out my revolver, custom made by an old friend of my father, only good thing that ever came of him, my father that is. The revolver used .32 ammo, and was capable of holding eight shots before it needed to be reloaded.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

12. - Top - End - #12

Trouble never was exactly lacking here...

No, it was never hard to find trouble in the City. Hell, oftentimes it would find you, as the brunette that just walked in to the bar found out. Usually the first rule was "don't get involved, it ain't you," but Sid had heard about all the good that had been done in the past few months and figured that it was time for a change. So when she started getting hassled by some oaf at the bar, Sid put down his drink and started over.

Another person apparently thought the same thing, either that or just didn't know any better. Though her idea was a bit more...direct. The drunken oaf found himself staring down the barrel of a .32. Sid froze for a second...time to rethink the plan.

Yeah, like there was a plan to begin with...

Sid walked up and put a hand on the brunette's shoulder.

Allison? Hey, it is you! Geez, you look like hell. Come on, we'll get you outta here. Sid looked at her with eyes that said "I'm trying to help"

He sized up the other person holding the gun. Well, it seems like we've got everything under control here. He spared a look at the drunk Right?

13. - Top - End - #13

The man cooled his temper quickly when he found a gun pointed at his face and saw the girl wasn't as easy a hunt as he'd thought. He raises his hands and shakes his head, pointing at her. Hey, you need to get ahold of your bitch there, man. He snorts and walks off, trying to retain what dignity he could.

The girl looks up at her saviors, lip trembling. Thank you. You didn't need to do that. I... She hurries over to the bar and takes her money down, splitting it into two meager piles. She takes a pile in each hand and tries to press the money into each of their palms. I'm sorry it's not more. That's all I have. She seems antsy, eager to leave, but unsure where to go. It's clear she's not from around here, or very familiar with how vicious people can be.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Sid presses the money back into her hands.

Hey, lady, I don't need your money. Looks like you need it a lot more than I do.

He looks the woman up and down. She looked pitiful. He sighed inwardly That conscience is gonna get you killed someday

You obviously aren't from around here. Look, there's a guy down on Canal, Morty, rents out a room. I was going to take it, but I'll be staying with my brother instead. Tell him Sidney sent you, he'll take care of you. Least for the night.

He stops, remembering the time, the things to do. I got to go. Get settled in and all that. Don't forget: Morty on Canal. You need it more than I do. He leaves, quickly.

That was stupid, Sidney. People get killed for less than that.

He started walking, it'd still be a few hours before Cris' shift ended and there were other places he wanted to see.

15. - Top - End - #15

I finish my training workout for the day, and decide to cool off with a few cold ones. Mickey wouldn't approve, but then again Mickey was a little obsessive for things like that. I can hear his words ring in my ear as I head over to Lucky's.

Drinkin is for bums. Yer not a bum, are ya?
    You think ya can hold onto that belt if yer drinkin all the time?

Sure he was right, but I trained every day, and the next match wasn't for some time yet. Plus I enjoyed the taste too much. The bell rings as I head inside. There a bit of a scuffle at the counter, so I make my way back to a booth.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Summary:

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

I handed the girl her money back, I could use it, but she looked like she needed it more.

Keep it, we girls need to look out fer each other.

I then looked back at the drunk, whoever he was, I wasn't gonna let him get away easily.

I'll warn you once, keep yer hands of people who don't come willingly. I'm not exactly 'fraid to use this thing.

I left the tavern in a hurry, not my kinda place.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

17. - Top - End - #17

The girl blinks at the sudden goings-on. She closes her hands around the coins and tucks them safely into a pocket. She heads over and retrieves her tattered suitcase and hurries out, wandering the City and reading street signs, looking for the road the guy at the bar had mentioned. She doesn't bother asking for directions, as the last time...she shudders at the memory of her close call and looks up to find Canal Street to her left. It's aptly named, as she can see a narrow strip of dirty water flowing behind the buildings on one side of the street. She wanders around until she finds an open door and pokes her head inside. She sees a middle-aged man with more hair on his face than his head, with shining eyes peering from deep sockets. Are you M-Morty?

The man raises an eyebrow, wiping his dirty hands on an even dirtier cloth hanging from his belt. Who's askin'? And what's it to ya? He quickly sizes her up, taking in her pale, slender fingers and delicate hands clutching nervously at her sleeves as she tries to keep from shaking.

The girl finds it hard to speak. She thinks back to the guy in the bar and what he called her. A-Allison. S-Sidney sent me, said I might be able to have a r-room for the night since he is staying with his b-brother? She stammers, she's so afraid after the man in the bar attacked her.

The man's eyes widen a bit. Sidney, eh? Kid's heart always was too big for his own good. Yeah, you can stay - but just for tonight! After that, you'll have to pay or earn your keep just like everyone else.

The girl nods eagerly. Of course, sure. I'll be happy to.

Upstairs, third floor. Only room I've got. It's small, but clean, and there's a tub in it that works. The man jerks a thumb towards the stairs. He eyes her bag and considers offering to carry it for her, but he isn't THAT kind.

The girl makes her way up, pausing halfway between the first and second floors. She turns back to Morty. Sidney - do you know where I can find him? I'd like to tell him thank you.

Morty chuckles. Staying with his brother? Either at his house or the docks would be my guess.

The girl, "Allison", nods her gratitude again and heads up, the case banging loudly against each step. In the privacy of her room, the first thing she does is run a nice, hot bath and step into it to relax.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

A young man gets off the train at the depot, a hat tucked down low over short-cropped hair - but, despite his age, the strands of hair that escape are snow-white.

He heads into the streets of town, seeking a place to stay.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

19. - Top - End - #19

Goof snickers as the scuffle leads to the quick departure of those involved. he eyes the bartender, who just shrugs his shoulder and mutters something that sounds like "yah try to be nice...." before taking the towel from over his shoulder and wiping down the bar. The bartender feels the look upon him, and looks up with a smile.

Hey Goof, yah need something to drink?

Usual.

You got it. You going to have a match coming soon?

A ways off yet. There hasn't been any new challengers since the last one ended, well let's just say it took a bit to clean the ring. I think they had to re-mat it, something bout the stains wouldn't come out of the canvas. Ol Mick is still working me hard though, as if the next bout was tomorrow.
    He's good he is. He helped train some of the great. Pete, Max...you know who I'm talking bout.

That I do, that I do...so what's the deal with those two dames and that other guy.

I dunno. I just tried to offer her a job, but she must took it the wrong way. Then that other gal pulls a piece on me faster then I could blink. Next thing I know, that guy comes up. Last time I checked, this was my place to offer employment at. Apparently I can't even do that anymore. Everyone is still up in arms and on edge from the shakedown at city hall. Some 20+ cops and mob guys were jailed. Never seen a raid like it.

Heard about that. Rumor has it some of them escaped on the trip up to the prison.

Yeah, rumor also has it that they took some up to Arkham, y'know, the loony bin.

Well, I'd rather they be in there then running around free.

You and me both. You want another?

I look down and saw I finished my glass. Time flies I guess.

No thanks, I'm going to go get some rest. Catch ya later.

See ya Goof.

I head out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Summary:

20. - Top - End - #20

Finished the paperwork at the attorney. Got the key to my flat. At last a home.
    The place isn't bad, close enough to the hill to get some "wealthy air" but not a too expensive location.
    I think I have to watch my back when I go for a walk in the evening.
    But the flat was rather big, big enough for two people. Not that I had someone to share it by now but you never know. There's a living room, a sleeping room, a kitchen, small shower, toilet outside and the best thing: A working room.

There I found Uncles treasure: a telescope. He was a passionate hobby astronomer and every clear night he used to watch the sky. I found diaries where he documented his explorations.
    But as I looked through the instrument I found out that it wasn't directed to the sky, it was directed to the street below.
    I saw the entrance of a bar. Luckys the name.
    A huge, muscular man entered the place and shortly afterwards two women and a men left it.
    For a reason I haven't found out now my Uncle used to examine this place.
    I think I will take a beer there. I'm curious how it looks inside.
    And then I have to visit my Uncle at the cemetery.
    Avatar by the great Lord Herman. Many, many thanks!
    Empress Catherine by Dr. Bath!
    Castaras made the PiratZarrrrr. Thank you very much!
    Special thanks to Banjo1985 for the Catstronomer.

Squid Bones: They exist!

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Stteping down from the train, I looked around the city. The stench of corruption was omnipresent. Life wasn't easy here, that much was obvious. But I came here for one purpose only. To find my long lost brother. Picking up a small note from the pocket of my coat, I read it again.

Dear Rianna. I know this isn't the right time but things aren't turning out as I wanted them to. So you may as well know this now. No sense in covering it up anymore. You are not who you think you are. You were adopted and you were told that was because your parents died in car accident. That isn not true however. We are both alive and well. The reason we gave you away is because you weren't planned. Your father and I fell in love very young and after a wild night with too much alcohol we ended up... too close. Nine months later, you were born. Seeing there was no way to take care of you at that time, giving you away was our only chance.

Not a day goes by that I don't regret my choice. I never saw you grow up, speal your first word, see your first step... All those moments, missed and won't come back. I have to live with that. However, you have to know the truth.

Few years after you were born we had another child. We named him Leroy and he was our pride. Policeman, like your father. He moved away after some occurance and he we didn't see him from then. He sends us a letter from time to time, but that's it.

I don't expect you to excuse me for what I did. There could be no excuse for my actions and I don't seek one. However, finding your brother would benefit you both. Enclosed at the end of the letter is his adress. If you choose to do anything however, is up to you.

So here I was, looking for a brother I didn't even knew I had. To tell the truth, everything about this seemed little fishy. But after checking some files and books, everything turned out to be true. Before I could visit my biological parents, they were killed by a mad neighbour and my brother moved to this city. The lead ended here and I was sure I would be able to find him. Taking up my suitcase, I went to office of citizen control. After arriving there, I aksed the first clerk about him:

"Excuse me, do you know a man by name Leroy Reman? I'm looking for him and they told me he is residing in this town."

"Leroy, Leroy... The name sounds familiar. Wasn't he the guy that was rumored to be in FOP, but later turned back on them to become a member of Grand Jury?"

I was more than little shocked. My brother, member of Grand Jury? Wow, this was getting more like a crazy dream than anything else.

"Could be. You know, I'm his sister. We didn't know for each other since I was given away before he was born. We never knew each other. I came here to find him. Can you give me his adress?"

A sadness was prominent in man's eyes. Without any words, he scratched something on a small piece of paper and handed it to me.

----------------

Kneeling down on hard and frozen earth, I held my face in my arms while silent tears kept running. Standing before me was simple tombstone with the following lines:

Here lies Leroy Reman,
    devoted husband and father,
    exemplary police officer.
    He gave his life for justice to prevail.
    May he find peace in death that he couldn't find in life.

I couldn't believe it. Here was the grave of a man that was my brother and I didn't even get to know him. Didn't get the chance to hear him speak. All I head to remember him by were the words before me. It was funny really. I didn't even know of him until couple of years ago and now I was crying my eyes out for him.

Picking myself up, I decided to find myself a sty for the night. From random people around the town, I heard about Lucky's. Deciding I had nothing better to do anyway, I went there. Coming there, I asked around the bar a little. They all knew him! Obviously, he wasn't the most talkative guy, but hearing of all the hardship he went throught, that was hardly a surprise. Obviously he steped on wrong foot since Don himself had him killed. Hearing this, I couldn't help but feel proud about him.

I decided to stay in this town a little, to maybe found something more about him. His work. His life. I was just hoping troubles wouldn't find me too soon.
    Adrie, half elven bard. Drawing by Vulion, avatar by CheesePirate. Colored version by Callos_DeTerran. Thanks a lot, you guys.
    This place is not a place of honor…no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.
    "There will come a day so dark you will pray for death. On that day your prayers will be answered."
    Book of shadows, book of night, wake the beast and banish light.

22. - Top - End - #22

There wasn't much to see anymore. Maybe when Sid was younger, but nowadays...bah. Down in the City where all the working folk lived it was still as grungy as ever, but it was still home. There was a certain poetic beauty to it, but that was quickly being crushed by the weight of reality.

Sid's feet carried him to the steps of city hall, where the steps were still tinged just a little red from the blood of kings and pawns.

Up on the hill, the City's wealthy elite guarded their lives in ivory towers. Closing themselves away from the harsh realities of the City.

Down by the station, people lined up to get away. Sid laughed a bit at that.

And here I am...trying to get back in

and down at the docks, good folk broke their backs trying to make a living. Four years he'd worked there, saving every penny. Time almost ran out before his brother came to the rescue.

Still a couple hundred short...

Don' worry about it, I'll cover it. Been workin' overtime. It ain't too big a stretch.

Yeah, Cris'd do anything for his little brother. Hopefully, Sid would get a chance to repay the favor. Maybe clean up this place from the inside.

Yeah, maybe...

The whistle broke Sid from his reverie. Quitting time, Sid had arrived just in time. Sure enough, there Cris was, waiting for him.

Done everythin' you needed to do?

Yeah. Things haven't changed much.

Nah, not much. We get rid of one gang, another just moves on in. Come on, I don't live but a few blocks away. Cris started walking down the street, weaving his way through the crowd of workers coming in and leaving. Sid picked up the pace to catch up.

So what's this I hear about somethin' happenin' to ya at Lucky's after I left? Cris had a protective streak in him, something Sid was thankful for. It saved him from more than a few fights in school.

Heard about that eh?

Cris just shrugged. It's Lucky's. The whole dock knows. Cris threw an arm over Sid's shoulders. Lucky's all bark and no bite. He don' mean no trouble...well, usually. Cris leaned in conspiratorially. But, at least tell me this. The girl, was she a looker?

Sid barked a laugh. You think I'd stick my neck out otherwise?

Ha! My little brother, such a R...Re...

Romeo? Sid had a sly grin on his face.

Yeah, that's the one. Romeo. They had arrived at an old flathouse. It wasn't much: old windows and doors, cracked masonry, but at least it was warm. Inside looked about as bad as the outside. They climbed to the second floor. Well, it ain't much, but it's home. Cris fished out a key and unlocked the door.

The flat was a couple rooms, probably only meant for two people, but he'd seen four or five cram into them if they had to. Not much furniture: kitchen table, icebox, radio, couple of chairs, a veritable manse to some people though.

You kin use the spare room. Ain't had much use for it since pops died. Cris sat down at the table, putting his feet up. So, what's life like up there?

Sid dropped his bag near the door. It felt good to be home.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

A young man, wearing bespotted and ripped clothes, steps off the train at platform 4. He hurries on wobbly legs to a trashcan nearby where he vomits. Once finished, he sweeps up his hand, pushing back his black bangs away from his pale, drawn face and taking in his surrounding environment.

Frowning at the sky, which hung depressingly over this gloomy city. So, this is the city... quite aspicious weather, I must say, though it rather fits.

After a few minutes, balance finally gained, he exits the train station only to find a windy street that looked utterly lifeless. Sighing at his lack of luck, the young man begins walking into town to find appropriate lodging.
    "Eins, zwei, drei... Ugh, I do not think we brought enough body bags."
    -TF2 Medic
    1850's TF2 Medic graciously provided by kpenguin

Call Filthy Grief, Pacemaker

Feel like some Dark Coffee?

24. - Top - End - #24

"I would like to report the rumours of my demise were rather exagerrated."

((Yes, it's a lame one liner. I need to find a way to squeeze 26 hours out of a 24 hour day, and I have to give actual games and vampire my priorities now. Sorry.))
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

(I'm a big fan of the way they treated death scene in Bugsy Malone. It was all like a game the kids were playing, when someone was "killed" in one scene, they reappeared in the next musical number with everyone else again.

So, welcome back to the next scene!)
    Last edited by Andre Fairchilde; 2008-04-10 at 09:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

The girl finishes her bath and finds an old, dirty, broken mirror against one wall. Using her fingers, she carefully combs her hair until it is tangle-free and shiny. She lets the cool air dry her skin, as she doesn't see any towels. She opens her tattered suitcase and pulls out her last clean dress, the only one not ruined during her journey. She puts it on, smoothing out the wrinkles as best she can. She pulls her hair back into a long, low ponytail and ties a green ribbon around it that matches her eyes perfectly. Cleaned up and dressed, she is barely recognizable from the dirty, haggard girl in Lucky's. Only the eyes and the pale, slender hands are the same. "Allison", as she's decided to call herself, takes a final look at herself in the smudged mirror, then pulls a small, simple silver ring from the deepest pocket in the suitcase. She pins it to the inside of her dress, keeping it carefully hidden. She heads down the stairs and spots a VERY surprised-looking Morty.

The man blinks several times as he looks her over. Under the layers of grime and care, she's a natural beauty. There's nothing exotic about her, she's very much the girl next door type, but her smile is dazzling. She shows it now as she nods her gratitude to him. Miss, uh, Allison? The girl nods, smiling faintly. I, uh, asked around and found an address for ya. Sidney's brother's place. Now, if you wanna stay here again tonight, ya gotta pay or work. My wife, she could use some help with the kitchen and laundry later. You a'int got no money by suppertime, come back here and help her out.

Allison nods, taking the slip of paper he offers. Thank you, Morty. She curtsies lightly and heads out, clutching the paper and looking left and right for the street on it.

Morty shakes his head. It's a shame, really. A pretty girl like that won't last a day in the City. It's clear she's never worked a day in her life, judging by how soft her hands are, and the way her eyes dart like she's being chased. Too soft and young, she'll never last with these thugs around.

Allison finally finds the street, then the number on the address. She hesitates, wondering if she's doing the right thing. Seeing an ugly group of hoods eyeing her, it spurs her to action. She raps urgently at the old, cracked door and twiddles her thumbs as she waits, eyeing the group that's found the nerve to slowly creep closer. She knocks again, silently uttering a prayer.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #27

((I'm going to be the most hated man on the boards by the time this is over))

There was a knock at the door, something that was totally unexpected. No one ever visited here, most people did their socializing at Lucky's or any of the other bars or speakeasys. Sid was unpacking his things, so it was Cris that went to answer the door.

He took a look through the peephole, just to be sure. Outside was a delicate young thing: brunette, slim, wide-eyes. Hey Sid? He called back to his brother What'd that girl from Lucky's look like?

The one with the revolver? Sid called back.

Nah, the other one.

Brown hair, bit pale I guess. Probably pretty good-looking under the grime. Why?

Cris chuckled. I think she's here. Cris opened the door. He eyes the guys down the street, trouble if he ever saw it. 'Kin I help you guys? They back down, their fun wasn't worth that much trouble.

He turns his eyes to the girl standing at the door. Tiny thing, at least compared to him. and what kin I do fer you, missy?

28. - Top - End - #28

((Nah, not hated - envied, maybe. Of course, you could always send her away...))

The girl gasps at the sight of the big man, her green eyes even wider than before. I-I'm sorry, I must h-have the wrong p-place. She crumples the paper into a tiny ball and clenches it in her fist. I-I was l-looking for a guy named S-S-Sidney.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

((nah, some of the comments in AC are cutting a bit, but I was always over-sensitive about my stuff. To me it all reads like it came straight out of Eragon))

Cris grinned. Nah, ya got the right place. I'm jus' havin' a bit a' fun with ya. He opens the door. Motioning the girl inside.

I'm Cris, Cris Meyers. Sid's inside. You should be too, this ain't the place for someone like yerself ta be.

Sid came out of the back room. Hey Cris! You never did say why you wanted to know what... He sees the girl standing in the doorway. Oh...hello again.
    Last edited by Cristo Meyers; 2008-04-11 at 11:26 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Allison steps inside, glancing back over her shoulder at the thugs as they head away. She sighs with relief when she sees Sid and leans back against the door. Thank goodness. I- Her gaze goes to the big man standing near her and she smiles weakly and offers a tiny hand to shake. I'm...Allison. Your brother did me a great service, and I came to thank him. Please excuse me for intruding on your home uninvited. It's clear from her accent and mannerisms, and also from her way of speaking, a little proper, not quite snooty, that she isn't from around here or familiar with people much. She smiles over at Sidney, a warm, dazzling grin. I was afraid there were no more decent people left in this world, much less this City. Maybe my luck is turning around. I was wondering how I could repay you, thank you for your help. She reaches under the hem of her skirt and tugs at something. She pulls out a violin case that was hidden in the folds of her dress, masked by the way to poofs out below her waist. I can play a little music, or I can give you this. You should be able to sell it for something. She bites her lip and flushes, looking at her feet as she scuffs a toe gently against the floor.
    Spoiler
    Show