New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Heros of Awe-team blue

Dorian Axom

Dorian flourishes his hand and with a mumble a bolt in his hand quickly grows and shoots towards one of the halflings.

casts melfs acid arrow

(4d4)[12]

next round

(2d4)[5]

round after

(2d4)[4]
    "I was born a cynical bastard, and ill die a cynical bastard"
    ~Rab C. Nesbitt

_- FULL METAL BIOLOGIST -_

~Retired Avatarist~

2. - Top - End - #32

Shredder's deadly dance gravely hurts the first mount and slays the second, but it's halfling mounter manages to land on it's feet, altough with a very suprised face.

Despite the invisible attacks attacking the halfing's atention for a moment, their atention quickly changes to the towering half dragon who advances, preparing to swing his spiked chain.

However, when the weapon ends geting entangled in Drake's wings, the halfling's can't do anything but burst in laughter togheter.

Then Jaden fires two arrows. Only one of them hits the target, but the halfling doesn't seem very hurt.

Owen follows his example and hits the glidewing in the far right with his bow.

Then the halfling at the center dismounts and advances while screaming:

"On your foots! Let's take the fight to them! Show those scruvy dogs what we're made off! CHARGE! NO MERCY NO SURRENDER!"

The little creatures then attack as one, not even giving oportunity for anyone on the party to use their weapons to halt their advance!

The spicked chains are swinged madly, the halfings attacking the first person who gets in their way. When it ends, only Shredder still isn't bleeding.

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc:

No, you didn't get any Aoos this turn. Let's just say you aren't the only guys in the world wich know maneuvers.

Dorian takes 29 damage.
    Jaden takes 30 damage.
    Drake takes 27 damage.
    Owen takes 27 damage.
    Arcos takes 28 damage.

Cray, you're sure you want to keep your action? If yes, then you'll need a concentration check to cast the infusion or take an Aoo.

Same for Tomb Raven.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-10 at 03:32 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Drake growls angrily as he manages to flub his attempt at a first strike, and then roars in rage as the puny halflings dare to attack him.

"Oh, I believe I have had enough from you little people!"

He twirls his chain through a complex but swift pattern, and it erupts into flame. Quicker than the eye can follow, he lashes out, whipping his chain back and forth, from target to target in a blur of flames.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Initiates Burning Blade
    Full Attack Action: Whirlwind Attack

Attacks vs all six halflings (Rolls named for which square the halfling is in):
    D3 - (1d20+16)[36]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[31]

D4 - (1d20+16)[24]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[25]

F6 - (1d20+16)[26]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[24]

E7 - (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[27]

D8 - (1d20+16)[20]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[26]

D9 - (1d20+16)[30]
    Damage - (3d6+16)[28]

[EDIT: Argh, I forgot, the spiked chain is a two handed weapon and therefore gains 1.5 * STR Bonus to damage... So those damage rolls need an extra 5 damage each.
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-04-10 at 06:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    5 ft step forward Full attack action against the Halfling in front of me, power attacking for 1. If I take him down with I'll cleave to the next one

Attack - (1d20+13)[22]
    Damage - (2d6+11)[18]

Attack - (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage - (2d6+11)[18]

Swift action, White Raven Tactics on Drake. Because that first whirlwind was so nifty

Grimacing through the pain, Owen moves forward and lays into his opponent with a few powerful blows from his great sword before turning to shout to the giant at his side.

"Strike quickly! You have the advantage!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Drake grins as he feels a renewed energy fill him. Practically without pause, he flows from his first attack pattern into a second one. His stance shifts subtly, as he seems to plant his weight more firmly in place.

His chain lashes out again, following the same path as the last chain of attacks, but with a subtle difference, his strikes carefully gauged to knock the halflings off balance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, let's see if these little punks can stand up from prone without provoking AoO's.

Swift Action: Drake changes stance to Stonefoot stance.
    Full Attack Action: Another Whirlwind Attack, but since Drake can't use Burning Blade to augment damage again, he's going to make a trip attempt with each strike.

Once again, coded for convenience:

Trip attempts (Touch attack, followed by trip check)
    D3 - (1d20+16)[21]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[29]

D4 - (1d20+16)[31]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[39]

F6 - (1d20+16)[27]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[31]

E7 - (1d20+16)[21]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[28]

D8 - (1d20+16)[34]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[37]

D9 - (1d20+16)[27]
    Trip Check - (1d20+24)[25]

Normal +22 trip check plus a +2 from Stonefoot Stance

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Woo

When the Halflings charge, Arcos just grabs his chain again with both hands. He didnt expect them to be that fast. He too, swings his chain at the enemy...

Spoiler
    Show

Full Attack:
    AT:[rollv] 1d20 [/rollv] + 12
    Dam: (2d4)[4][1](5) + 7
    AT. (1d20)[4](4) + 7
    Dam: (2d4)[1][1](2) +7

Case enemy down: Cleave:
    AT: (1d20)[10](10) +12if the first hit killed, +7 if the second hit killed
    Dam: (2d4)[3][1](4) +7

[b]With the damade I took, did you already subtract my Damagde reduction?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Repeating AT 1:
    (1d20)[12](12)+12

8. - Top - End - #38
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaden

Even as Jaden winces from the halfling's attack, his leopard, which had been lurking behind him up to this point, explodes past him and attempts to sink her teeth into the halfling that dared to attack her master.

[OOC: I would like to have her charge, so I could get a Pounce in, but unfortunately she can't charge through my square.]

Spoiler
    Show
    Leopard moves to C4
    Bite attack on halfling in D4
    Attack: (1d20+11)[13]
    Damage: (1d8+4)[11]

If the attack hits, use Improved Grab to start a grapple.
    Grapple check: (1d20+9)[19]

While his companion tears into her opponent, Jaden does something completely different. He drops his bow and suddenly begins to change. He grows larger, fur sprouts all over his body and his limbs and head begin to change. His clothes sink into his roiling form and he drops to all fours. When the transformation is complete, a huge tiger stands where he once was. His front claws go through one final change, growing even larger and digging into the wooden deck.

Free Action: drop weapon
    Standard Action: Assume tiger form [OOC: note that I now have DR 10/silver.]
    Move Action: Use Morphic Weapons to increase Claw damage to 2d6

[OOC: Damn, I really need to get the Quick Change feat from Savage Species, then I can transform as a move action. Then once I get to Warshaper 5th level I'll get Flashmorph and be able to do it as a free action. ]
    Last edited by Knight13; 2008-04-10 at 08:48 PM.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

9. - Top - End - #39

Forgot in my first post, but I'll assign my dodge bonus to the halfling at D9

Gamma: Your first attack threatened a crit against D3

10. - Top - End - #40
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

She targets the halflings this time, slipping in behind for another series of strikes.

Spoiler
    Show

Move across the E row, targeting D3 with up to 3 strikes, then D4, and, if somehow they both drop, F6, then E7. Stop at E6 if either F6 or E7 is still standing, otherwise go to D7 -- in either case, try to get an AoO in.

AttackMain - (1d20+17)[26], Damage - (1d4+3)[7], SA - (3d6)[7]
    AttackMain - (1d20+17)[21], Damage - (1d4+1)[2], SA - (3d6)[15]
    AttackMain - (1d20+12)[25], Damage - (1d4+3)[4], SA - (3d6)[8]
    AttackMain - (1d20+12)[14], Damage - (1d4+1)[3], SA - (3d6)[11]
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-11 at 06:17 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dorian

In that cade im gong to cast greater invisibility instead and get ready to retreat to a safer area a little further away from the pitched battle

concentration:

(1d20+12)[30]
    ~Rab C. Nesbitt

~Retired Avatarist~

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Gamma: Your first attack threatened a crit against D3
    Right... confirmation roll then:

confirmation - (1d20+16)[28]
    Damage - (2d6+15)[21]

13. - Top - End - #43

Arcos manages to land his first blow, but the halfing ripostes with a quick move from it's chain wich seems to turn into liquid fire and burns the artificer.

Dorian vanishes whitout trouble.

Shredder follows up with her deadly dance, but despite managing to cut the first halfling he manages to twist his body in the last moments to avoid his vitals being hit.

It's all for naught however, as Drake swings his flaming chain and literally tears that same hafling in half, while mutilating and burning the others, wich scream in pain. However, the four nearest halflings riposte by also turning their chains in liquid flame for a moment, three of them passing trough Drake's scales and armor and burning his flesh. The injuries are too great and the mighty draconic warrior falls.

HAAARRRRR-scream the halfings togheter, seeing the great beast fall.

Then Jaden shapeshifts while his leopard advances. The halfling tries to hit it with his spiked chain but misses, but the leopard fails to hurt the agile pirate.

Ooc:Well, you didn't tought that would be so easy did you?

Drake takes 38 damage from three firey ripostes, droping him to -1.
    Arcos takes 12 damage from another firey riposte.

The halfling in the far left is dead. All the others were hit by Drake's attacks and look pretty hurt. Shredder's sneack attack is ineffective in the halflings(they dodge it, even not seeing her, but still took basic scimitar damage). Arcos landed the first attack. The leopard missed.

Dorian retreated to A1 and suceeded in casting the spell.

Owen, change your action, since Drake is somewhat busy bleeding to make another whirlwind attack.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-11 at 06:40 PM.

14. - Top - End - #44

[spoiler]I'm a bit confused here, do the halflings have some ability allowing them to counter attack after Drake's first whirlwind? If so they don't have time to activate the burning blade maneuver. Otherwise my White Raven Tactics should have let Drake act again at initiative count 16, before the halflings got there turn.

If he is down then I'll do the same thing as before but instead target myself with white raven tactics.

Extra turn
    Swift action, refresh all maneuvers
    Attack against halfling at D8. If he's already down then I'll take a five foot step into D8 and attack the halfling at D9, potentially cleaving to the one at E7. If he's already down I'll take a five foot step into D8 and attack the halfling at E7.

Attack - (1d20+14)[33]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[12][spoiler]

Owen steps forward and makes a few quick, powerful blows against the halfling in front of him. He then seems to focus himself, gaining new vigor before lashing out with one last attack.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

PLS Answer this
    Spoiler
    Show

[OOC] It would be quite nice know, what the Halflings are doing. There small creatures, with means they have STR Malus and a weapons that deal 1d6 base damadge. So, if they manage to deal 28 pts of damaege with one singel blow, I definitively wanne know that move. On the other hand, if they dealt 28pt damadge with a ful round atack action, this means that Ive been hit more than once, and this again means my Damadge Reduction adds in multipple time too.

Oh, btw: You didnt tell me yet wether the Damadge you listed is bevore ore after my damadgereduction.

(In case nothing too importand happens bevor I can act)

Once again Arcos swings his chain on the Halfling on D9.
    Spoiler
    Show

AT 1. (1d20+14)[1](15)
    Dam: (2d4+8)[1][3](12)

AT 2: (1d20+9)[5](14)
    Dam: (2d4+8)[3][4](15)

Case of Cleave D8:
    AT: (1d20)[16](16) +14 for 1. AT, +9 for 2nd AT
    Dam: (2d4+8)[2][2](12)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dorian

Expressionlessly Dorian watches the battle waiting for someone to go down, hopefully one of the dragon things... they would make fine specimens.

Prepares an animate dead and will wander over to the first body that hits the floor and is a safe distance away from flaying chains and wrending claws
    ~Rab C. Nesbitt

~Retired Avatarist~

17. - Top - End - #47

The halfling sucumbs under the attacks, and Orwen takes the chance to cleave to the pirate at his left.

Ooc:
    Cray:sorry, forgot to count DR for you from the first attack. The fire riposte, however, deals you full damage because it's a special kind of attack wich totally bypasses armor.

As for how they dealt so much damage, well, they have ToB stuff. Shaddow blade feat give dex to damage instead of Str(and halfling have lots of dex), then there's a maneuver wich adds +10 damage to a charge, and then one of them is in a stance wich adds +1 damage per iniator level in a charge...Well, you get the idea. ToB allows to easily deal lots of damage.

Brennus: It wasn't burning brand maneuver. It was fire riposte, imediate action. You have ToB, go check it out.

Now gonna roll Orwen's cleave attack.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-12 at 07:56 AM.

18. - Top - End - #48

(1d20+8)[28]

(2d6+11)[20]

19. - Top - End - #49

The greatsword spills the halfling's brains over the deck, but Orwen keeps the assault to avenge his fallen friend, hiting the next halfling with deadly precision.

20. - Top - End - #50

Confirm critical.
    (1d20+14)[23]
    (2d6+9)[13]

21. - Top - End - #51

Orwen's blade impales itself into the halfling's heart, and one more dead body falls in the wood, but there are no more enemies at Orwen's reach for him to attack.

The two remaining pirates then look around. Orwen has slayed three of their comrades in seconds, one of the adventurers turned into a tiger with specially big claws, a trained leopard joined the fray and there is some invisible force slowly cuting at them.

Haaarrr...Maybe we tried to bite more than we can chew comrade...

Yes, this battle is over...You win, but you can be sure you'll hear of the Bloodwing raiders again, adventurers...HAARRR!
    -screams the other.

Then sudendly both halflings disapear in cloud of black smoke, and reapear in another dark cloud in the middle of the air to the left side of the ship. As they fall into the air, one of them lets out a whistle and one of the glidewings flies towards them. You see as the halflings skillfully get an hold of the mount in mid air and get over it, starting to fly away.

Ooc:Well, three more halflings dead, and the two wich were still on foot, as far as you can tell, teleported out of the ship, and the glidewing at H7 flew to catch it.

The other glidewings are still on the ship's deck, but they aren't doing anything.

If you want to try to catch the run away halflings, they're 20 feets left from E1, mounted in a glidewing. They're in the middle of the air, so you can only catch them with ranged attacks or by flying towards them with your own means(the ship's deck ends at column 1).

Otherwise, well, there are bodies to loot and trained glidewings sell well on the market, or so you heard.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, lets patch up.

Arcos puts his chain back where it was, and pulls out his wand. He looks at it for a few moments, then he moves towards drake, and points at him.

Maximised Cure lesser Wounds, +9 HP.

Anyone else needs be patched up? I just have the right thing here...

When he's finished, he stars searching over the dead bodies.

Spoiler
    Show

Well, as I said, I wana know that move. It seams, not knowing ToB is quite making a fighter useless.
    So, with one of those Feats can I get? That riposte thing looks quite intresting, not to speak about the Charge.if there not class abilities, that is.
    PS: i wrode your explanation in the receruting tread abput the Halfling move, but I couldnt remove my Post, since Im not allowed to edit Posts with dice Rolles in it... sorry.

Last edited by Cray; 2008-04-12 at 08:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaden

Jaden pads around the deck, poking at fallen halflings to make sure they're down for good and tearing the throats out of any that aren't quite dead yet.

Once finished with his "inspection", Jaden transforms again, this time into a tiger/human hybrid. "It seems my secret is out, though somehow I doubt any of you are allies of the Silver Flame. Yes, I am a lycanthrope."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

24. - Top - End - #54
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

Shredder isn't about to let them get away so easily. If she can reach them in a single move action, she will do so, and use her dancing abilities to unleash attacks on their mounts.

I'd like to see them try to fly without those...

Spoiler
    Show

AttackMainHand - (1d20+17)[37], Damage - (1d4+3)[5], SA - (3d6)[11] (+7 from OOC)
    AttackOffHand - (1d20+17)[34], Damage - (1d4+1)[4], SA - (3d6)[6]
    AttackMainHand - (1d20+12)[18], Damage - (1d4+3)[6], SA - (3d6)[10]
    AttackOffHand - (1d20+12)[13], Damage - (1d4+1)[2], SA - (3d6)[10]
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-04-12 at 01:47 PM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

25. - Top - End - #55

Shredder's attacks are deadly precise, and the glidewing falls like a rock, dragging the two pirate halflings riders screaming all the way untill they disapear from view.

Soon thereafter, the captain appears on the deck, carrying a blade in each hand and with a very scared face.

Everything was so silent...Is it over?

Then it notices the butchered corpses in the ground.

Oh, thanks the gods you managed to take them. I had heard rumors that pirates had grew bold enough to attack airships, but I never tought it would happen to me, you know?

He then turns back and yells:

Get here you bunch of sissies. Our honored clients took the effort of driving back that vile scum. This is real adventurers we have here, not some heartless rats like you.

Then the rest of the crew appears, carrying several strange tools, and disperse over the deck, worcking in the elemental ring that has some cracks over it, aparently caused by the riders, and bowing politely to the party while murmuring ashamed excuses for their cowardice.

The captain them seems to notice the Glidewings, and carefully aproaches them. Geting an hold of their reigns, he pushes them and calls some of the crew members who tie their wings with ropes. Then the captain turns to you again and asks.

Hmm, trained adult glidewings sell for very good money if you know who to ask, but it takes worck to find those right buyers. Those fine animals are yours by right of possession, but let me propose you a deal. Ninety silver pearls for each head, I offer you for them. You probably don't need them, but I can give them good use.

Ooc:

Well, the airship is being repaired and will be moving soon.

The captain offers you 90 silver pearls for each glidewing. That's the equivalent of 900 gold for each dinossaur.

Here's the loot from the halfling:

1st body-empty
    2nd body-60000 CP, 34 white pearls
    3rd body-500 GP
    4th body-1100 GP, 4 black pearls, gloves of arrow snaring, bag of holding type II

Divide it as you see fit, decide what to do with the bodies, think about the captain's proposition. I'll continue the travel in some hours.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-12 at 02:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Spoiler
    Show
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[7](18)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[6](17)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[18](29)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[1](12)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[5](16)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[11](22)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[16](27)
    use magic device - (1d20+11)[14](25)

Trying to activate my endless wand until either I get two successful results or roll a one. Targeting Drake

Cure Minor Wounds - (1d8+1)[4]
    Cure Minor Wounds - (1d8+1)[2]

Owen pulls out a small wand studded with dragon shards. He focuses for a minute or two, trying to unlock the magic within. Afterwards he stands up, returning the wand to his pocket.

"Anyone feel up to retrieving those last two bodies?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I propose that we sell the glide wings to the captain and sell all the equipment from the halflings when we get to stormreach (assuming it's nothing special and we can find a buyer). We split all the money evenly. With the magic items, we add their sell price to the net profit and if someone wants to keep one It will come out of the gold they would otherwise receive. Sound good?

Edit: Guess only the first cure light wounds works
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2008-04-12 at 07:38 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Well, bout the splitting. there is one really BIG drawback in what you propose.
    And thats me, you know.
    No serious. Selling magic Items is quite a bad Idea, for they can be recycled. I mean, I am an Artificer. I can craft everything you might possibly like. And if I crak up the magc stuff we find, I even do not have to spend XP for.

Well, on the other hand, if you really like to run through the whole city selling stuff and not finding what you seek...

BTW: a Bag of Holding II is selling for 2500 GP. So unless those Pearls are worth mor than 1000 GP each, no one will be able to bu them.

28. - Top - End - #58

Spoiler
    Show
    Didn't think of that. I think you're right and that holding on to them is a better idea but that means we'll need a new system to try and keep everything fair.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Drake staggers to his feet as Arcos' wand brings him back to consciousness and then nods his thanks to Owen as well.

"I take it we won." He grins... disturbingly, considering his unique dentition.

"I have some healing potions, if anyone requires, though hopefully we will have time to rest and recover at our destination." He shakes his head to clear it, and then grins at the bodies on the floor.

"Nice work my friends!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like the bag of holding, to be honest. It's the 500lb capacity, 25lb weight variety, which is actually worth 5000, but it would make Drake an even better pack mule later. His light load limit is 1224lbs, which would become 1699 with the help of the bag of holding. Might be helpful for carrying all the loot later.

But if you guys would rather sell it and split the proceeds, that's ok.
    Last edited by GammaPaladin; 2008-04-13 at 03:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Well, we where not defeated, but I doubt we really won. They will come back, and then they will be prepared better. And better keep your potions for later. At the moment, we have other ways to cure those who need. Anyone can use a potion on a unconscious one, but only a few can use a magic device.

Spoiler
    Show

His light load limit is 1224lbs
    Well, I sugest you carry the 1200 lbs in cooper coins then.

As Brennus and I discussed before, we shuld not sell any magic Item at all.
    So, who ever carries that Bag will be carring a loot of stuff soone. Then again, it does not really mater who carries it.