Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Heros of Awe-team blue

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+2)[7]

I'll take a double move to E5

2. - Top - End - #122

Ooc:your iniativehas already been rolled in post 122.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

After having moved into position, Arcos charges the giant (Ending up aroung C7)

Spoiler
    Show

I have posted my movement already, so I suppose Im in attack now...

Charge: (1d20+14)[14](28)
    Dam: (2d4+7)[2][3](12)

Case Critical:AT: (1d20+14)[10](24)
    Dam: (2d4+7)[3][2](12)

4. - Top - End - #124

Shredder flies slighly up, managing to get away from the giant's sharp senses. The massive hunter then looks around and notices Arcos aproaching, and advances at him roaring, squeezing himself trough the trees and then swinging violently his bone axe with both hands!

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20)[15]

Ooc:Sorry Cray, I hadn't noticed you had already posted your action. My bad. Your attack will have to wait for next turn.

I assumed Shredder flied 5 feet up to the sky to avoid the giant from what Duke said in the Ooc thread.

The giant has changed position and is now vulnerable to direct attacks from the party, so if anybody wants to change their actions say so. Remember that is' a large tall creature and thus has natural reach 10.

This is the current iniative order, ignoring Drake untill Gammapaladin shows signs of life again:

Arcos
    Giant(ended his turn now)
    Owen
    Anabela
    Shredder
    Jaden
    Doarian

5. - Top - End - #125

The giant's axe hits the brave martial artificer!

(3d6)[11]

6. - Top - End - #126

Ooc:Arcos takes 21 points of damage, already taking in acount damage reduction.

I forgot nervewrack, math is correct now.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-06 at 02:48 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

(( Posting next action now, to avoid delays later; spoilered to keep it "blind" if so desired. ))

Spoiler
    Show

Standard: Uses SLA confusion, lesser (Will DC 16) on giant
    Move: Sheathe off-hand weapon

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

8. - Top - End - #128

Owen charges forward, leaping through the air to come down with a mighty blow. He quickly refocuses himself, lashing out at his opponent once more

Spoiler
    Show
    First I'll designate the giant as the target of my dodge bonus, negating any power attack damage.

Then I'll use battle leader's charge, leap attacking the last ten feet

Jump - (1d20+16)[36]

Power attack for the full value, using shock trooper to take the penalty to AC

Charge Attack - (1d20+16)[30]

Damage - (2d6+75)[77]

Then I'll use White Raven Tactics on myself to get another turn, using that to refresh my maneuvers and make an extra attack

Attack - (1d20+14)[22]

damage - (2d6+9)[17]

9. - Top - End - #129

The giant tries to block the attack coming from above, but Owen's attack is too strong, and his sword comes down cleaving trough the giant's armor and chest. Red blood spills forward abudantly and the giant looks in astonishment to the damage dealt by such little creature.

Before the giant can gasp for breath again Owen delivers another blow slicing another part of exposed flesh. The giant trembles as he suports himself with his weapon held to the ground, but still stands.

Anabela draws her rapier but doesn't move, keeping herself behind Drake while shouting encourangement to the party

Keep it up guys! He's almost finished!

Shredder then puts one of her scimitars back in it's sheet while calling upon her fey powers. The giant eyes glow for a moment, but then they return to their malevolent look, as he looks at Owen with hatred in his face.

Ooc:Owen's attack hited. Giant failed his save against confusion.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Ok, since I cant charge anymore, I'll have a full round attack action, and I'll loose my chare bonus.

So, my First Attak was therefore AT 26 (instead of 28), Dam 12.
    2. AT: (1d20+7)[10](17)
    Dam: (2d4+7)[1][3](11)
    Case Crit: (1d20+7)[19](26)
    Dam: (1d20+7)[12](19)
    just to keep it going...

11. - Top - End - #131
    Barbarian in the Playground

OOC: er, you know I DID move. Why is Jaden still in the same place?
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

12. - Top - End - #132

Spoiler
    Show
    Ooc:Because your iniative count just arrived now.

Shredder found the giant, told the party to stop, then attacked the giant, both had a suprise round bashing at each other and then the battle actually started when the rest of the party heard him scream(since you couldn't see what was hapening due to the trees). The giant's iniative was bigger than Jaden's, so it's just now that you get to act.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-09 at 10:50 AM.

13. - Top - End - #133

While the giant fiercily tackles the two armored warriors, Jaden aproaches with his companion and positions himself for the coming wave.

Dorian, however, seeing Arcos taking a nasty looking blow from the giant, aproaches the armored artificer and touches him in the back, chanting to himself. White light emanates from his hands and Arcos feels the pain from the blow go away.

That looked nasty. I don't wanna my meat shields to go down too fast or things may get complicated.

As he finishes this words a rabid dire wolf burst from the forest, closely followed by two more hill giants. However, unlike the one you've been fighting, these ones have dull faces and empty looking eyes. They are dressed with what seems several layers of animal skins holded togheter with bones and sticks. They wield simple large wooden clubs. Their movements are cubersome. One of them holds the dire wolf in a liana connected to the beast's neck.

Hunt master, you called us? Is there any problem?
    -asks one of them.

I'm hungry-says the other-Can't we go get some food?

They seem do don't have noticed the party despite being on front of them, while the dire wolf struggles to attack but it's restricted by his collar.

Arcos takes the chance to swing his chain at the giant hunter and hits him right in the face. The large creature now sways slowly to the sides, like he was some marionete, looking around at nothing in special.

The Hunter then rises his axe and says, with clear dificulty:

It's these bugs you have to take care off...! They dared to enter our hunting grounds whitout permission... and we'll make them pay!

Aaaaaahhhhh-drools one of the giants

Oohhh, they have kitties!
    -says the other, looking at Jaden and his companion.Can I play with them?

Urghhhh...Just crush them...LIKE THIS!

The giant slowly rises his axe high, trying to group his last strenghts. But then he coughs up a large amount of blood and falls on the ground making the jungle tremble around him. He squirms for a little, and then finnally he stops moving .

Spoiler
    Show

Two new hill giants and a dire wolf arrived. They will act in the end of the iniative of this turn. Untill then, they are considered flatfooted.

Arcos first attack hited, falling the giant and he was healed for 23 HP by Doriam

Owen took no damage after all, since the giant is somewhat busy bleeding to death to do anything.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-10 at 06:43 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Shredder

The pixie descends back down into combat range and attempts to take out one of the new combatants before they manage to enter the fray.

Spoiler
    Show

5' step down, attacking adjacent giant. AB includes +2 bonus for attacking while invisible.

AttackMainHand1 - (1d20+16)[30], Damage - (1d4+2)[4], SA - (3d6)[11]
    AttackOffHand1 - (1d20+16)[31], Damage - (1d4)[1], SA - (3d6)[12]
    AttackMainHand2 - (1d20+11)[25], Damage - (1d4+2)[6], SA - (3d6)[8]
    AttackOffHand2 - (1d20+11)[31], Damage - (1d4)[1], SA - (3d6)[14]

I'll roll crit confirmation for attack #4 in the dice rolling thread
    Last edited by Duke of URL; 2008-05-09 at 11:55 AM.

My Homebrew
    Gronk by dallas-dakota

15. - Top - End - #135

Spoiler
    Show
    72 damage while nerve wracked and no power attack ?

Attack - (1d20+14)[20]
    Attack - (1d20+9)[10]

Damage - (2d6+9)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+9)[18]

5 ft step back to G6

((unless the DM is willing to let me Iron Heart Surge away damage I would really appreciate a meat shield or two right now))
    Last edited by Da Beast; 2008-05-09 at 05:09 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Shredder on the other hand manages to land a flurry of blows in the giant near her, the nervewrack making the giant drop to his knees screaming in pain and suprise. The wounds are deep and nasty looking, but the massive body still stands. The giant then looks around and tries to speack trough the paralyzis:

What'z was that? I don't zee anything! What waz that?

Anabela looks at Drake and screams:

Well, aren't you going to help your friends?

But the half dragon just watches silently.

Ooc:

Shredder hit all of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, large greataxe, two handed, three atacks per turn thanks to a couple class levels, obscene strenght bonus, elite array of stats and your AC around 13, it isn't that hard to deal 72 damage in one round.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-11 at 11:36 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

((Shouldn't my extra turn from White Raven Tactics reset my AC? And if not wouldn't I get +48 damage to the attack I made after refreshing my maneuvers on the second turn?))

18. - Top - End - #138

Spoiler
    Show
    I discussed this issue with Cray. White raven tactics doesn't give an extra turn, it allows the target to act again in this turn. So effects like the penalties and bonus of power attack, shock trooper and charge are still on.

Otherwise, it would be possible for a crusader to spend all his iniative gaining extra turns with WRT, since crusaders refresh their maneuvers automatically.

Leap attack is a little diferent, since it only affects the attacks you made while charging, but after using WRT you're not considered charging anymore, since you stoped moving(but still have the +2/-2 penalty to attack and AC).

So you get to deal an extra 14 damage after using WRT from the basic power attack damage bonus.

Now, how much life has my giant hunter again...

Crap.

Giant down.

Well, this is what I get for allowing such crazy combinations. I'm not perfect, and since we're dealing with such crazy combinations I thank the players for pointing out any rules incosistencies they may spot.

I guess this means you'll want to change your actions for this turn. I'll change the later posts.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-10 at 06:45 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139

Spoiler
    Show
    In that case I'll the same combo on the giant at A9

Jump - (1d20+16)[33]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[28]
    Damage - (2d6+75)[85]

Attack - (1d20+16)[34]
    Damage - (2d6+25)[31]

If he's still up I'll designate my dodge bonus against him brining my AC up to a very impressive 12. If he's down I'll use it against the other giant.

((probably good leap attack doesn't carry over. Otherwise charge and white raven tactics into time stands still... I don't even want to think about it))

20. - Top - End - #140

Orwen jumps over the large body and falls with a war scream over the just arrived hill giant. It looks at Orwen with suprise, and the blade comes down with amazing speed, spliting the ground, and the giant unscathed.

Ahaha youz missed..ughhhh

A red line apears at the top of his head, and it comes down trough his face, neck, chest and groin. Then, the two halves of the giant split to the sides, revealing his guts and covering Owen with blood.

Ooc:Giant made into mince meat.

It's now Jaden's turn.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-11 at 03:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141

((Should have stated my actions more clearly. By same combo, I meant exactly what I did in post #128, including battle leader's charge which negates attacks of opportunity. On a side note, how would you rule the interaction between the battle leader's charge line and thicket of blades?))

22. - Top - End - #142

Spoiler
    Show
    I dare say, gestalt really allows for some complicated battles. I would prefer that players stated all their actions piece by piece so I don't forget anything. Changed last post to reflect the situation.

I rule that if an effect says you don't provoke Aoos for moving, and the guy next door has ticket of blades, wich says that all movement provokes Aoos, there is an 50% chance the guy with ticket of blades gets to make an Aoo each time the guy with an anti Aoo ability moves into the threatend area of the guy with ticket of blades. It's a middle ground solution.

Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-05-11 at 04:03 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Barbarian in the Playground

Jaden

Jaden launches himself past the dire wolf, landing on the giant in a flurry of claws and teeth.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Pounce on Giant at B4

Claws
    Attack: (1d20+15)[26]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+15)[30]
    Damage: (1d8+10)[17]

Bite
    Attack: (1d20+10)[11]
    Damage: (2d6+5)[12]

Rake
    Attack: (1d20+10)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]
    Attack: (1d20+10)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+5)[13]

If the giant is still alive and the Bite attack hits, Jaden uses Improved Grab to start a grapple.

Grapple: (1d20+19)[26]

Bounding forward right behind her master, Ayla repeats his ferocious attack on the dire wolf.

Spoiler
    Show

Use Pounce on Dire Wolf at D5

Bite
    Attack: (1d20+8)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9]

Claws
    Attack: (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[3]
    Attack: (1d20+3)[18]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[3]

Rake
    Attack: (1d20+3)[4]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[2]
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d3+1)[2]

If the Dire Wolf is still alive and the Bite attack hits, Ayla uses Improved Grab to start a grapple.

Grapple: (1d20+8)[12]

[OOC: Sorry about taking so long, I've been busy with finals.]
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

24. - Top - End - #144

Ayla bites the dire wolf in the neck while clawing at him, but the beast manages to don't get caught on the leopard's hold.

Jaden then jumps over the giant, gracefully avoiding his attack to try to block him. He lands on top of the large creature, clawing and biting with deadly acuracy. It manages to get an hold of the giant, his claws pushing him to the ground, his teeths closer and closer to the tick neck of the hill giant...

It struggles to set himself free but it's all for naught, Jaden's hold is too strong.

The dire wolf tries to help his master but it's bites fail to overcome the weretiger's skin.

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc: Tigers get improved grab for claw attacks also, you know? I'm assuming you want to get the giant grappled at all costs, so I roled some extra grapple checks at the rolling thread, and you suceeded.

Hill giant is grappled by Jaden

Hill giant took 54 damage.

Dire wolf took 17 damage

Arcos turn

25. - Top - End - #145
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Arcos readies a vome action untill the later of the giants has acted this turn.

Spoiler
    Show

Would be quite an advantage if I wouldnd be blocked all the time, mates...

26. - Top - End - #146

Ooc:See the black and red thingy in D5? It's a dire wolf, just in front of your character, ready to be charged.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Ooops, sorry, my mistake. Thought that would be Jadens's pet...

Arcos takes a 5ft-step to F5 and launches a full round attak on the dire wolf.

Spoiler
    Show

1. Attack: (1d20+12)[3](15)
    Dam: (2d4+7)[1][2](10)
    2. Attack: (1d20+7)[18](25)
    Dam: (2d4+7)[1][1](9)

28. - Top - End - #148

Arcos advances forward spining his chain skillfully and making more two blows in the dire wolf, wich starts to show signs of weackness.

Ooc: Both attacks hited. Dire wolf seems to be in his last strenghts.

Owen's turn.

29. - Top - End - #149

Spoiler
    Show
    Battle Leader's Charge and leap attack to C6, power attack for the full 8 against the dire wolf, penalty to AC.

Jump - (1d20+16)[28]
    Attack - (1d20+16)[21]
    Damage - (2d6+75)[82]

Designate my dodge bonus against the wolf if it lives, the giant if it doesn't.

Cleave attack (if applicable)

Attack - (1d20+16)[17]
    Damage - (2d6+75)[85]

((Sorry about the delay, been busy in in real life))

30. - Top - End - #150

Owen jumps again and cuts deeply the dire wolf, finishing it off. Taking advantage of the momentum, the warrior keeps his blade going and slashes towards the imobilized giant, choping its head off in one clean cut. The body still trembles for a moment, but then silence falls over the battlefield.

Anabela lets out a girlish scream

Oh gods that was beatifull! I was told you were good, but I never imagined you were this good. I've never seen giants going down so fast, and trust me, I've seen a lot of giant fights.

You then hear some stomping and grunting sounds coming from the east. They are distant, but whitout any doubt they're geting closer from your position...

Drake then turns to the party and says:

If those are more giants coming to fight, we're not going anywhere. I'll go and divert your atention, you guys keep going. Don't worry about me, I know how to take care of myself. I'll catch up with you later.

Wait a minute, you'll need someone to patch you up while you hold the giants
    -says Dorian-I'll go with you.

Ah, what the hell, climb up...

Saying this, the half dragon takes flight, carrying the necromancer over him. He leaves behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding, comenting it would only slow him down.

Ooc:

BATTLE FINISHED!(insert your favorite computer RPG fight victory here)

Spoiler
    Show

Well, there are three giant bodies laying in the battlefield waiting to be looted.

I ended up removing Drake and Dorian, since indeed you are suposed to suceed on this by yourselves. They left behind Jaden's equipment and the bag of holding.

Also there is something else aproaching, so you can either choose to make a stand where you are or keep going.

Exp gained:

Those who are at lv8: 1400 exp

Those who are at lv7: 1707 exp

[/I]