New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1

Default Heros of Awe-Team red

You still didn't know each other, but you all had received the same letters, from an unknown source. Top quality paper, with exotic scent and a shining arcane mark seal on top. The letters revealed a sophisticated professional caligraphy. No doubt whoever had sent them was filthy rich. Each of them was delivered to you three days ago, by unknown means, no matter where you were. All you know was that when you noticed it the pretty envelope was inside your pockets or backpack. It readed the following:

Good morning dear mister. We hope to find you of good health of mind and body. You may or not have noticed, but our group has been monitoring closely your journeys for quite some time. We currently need to complete a rather difficult task, and we believe you are among the few who possess the crafts and abilities needed to complete such task. Of course, we will reward you handsomey for the trouble, and should you do a good job, you may get further and better empolyment from us. We believe we can acomplish great things by worcking togheter.

Naturally, you may think this missive is a ruse from your enemies or rivals to lure you to some kind of trap, a very natural thing in the troubled days that we currently live. But we assure you, we're a very serious group, and only wish our mutual benefit. Thus, as a sign of good will, we invite you to a feast at midday in The Gracious Fleshraker three days from today, wich, as you certainly know, is the finest Ghallanda's restaurant in Sharn. All expenses at our cost off course.

We took the liberty of reserving first class tickets on your name in the closest lighting rail stastions. We trust you will acept our invitation and we anxiously expect our meeting. Untill then, may the gods smile upon you.

From your adventurous life, you were already used to having people request jobs from you, but this time was diferent. Only one of the top guys in Eberron's society would invite adventurers to lunch on The Gracious Fleshraker, the legendary halfling restaurant that served the finest and most sumptuous foods in history, prepared with ingredients and magic from all the corners of the known world. You could only enter if you were invited, and you would only be invited if you were someone very very important. This could be your oportunity to get the rich, benevolent and powerfull patron every adventurer dreamed off.

That, or it was some sophisticated trap. Either way, you hadn't become who you were for not taking risks. Ruse or no ruse, you decided to acept the invitation. Also, the lighting rail was probably the safest method of transport in the entire continent, and The Gracious Fleshraker was on one of the most protected zones of Sharn. An ambush would be almost impossible at those conditions.

As promised, the reserved tickets were waiting for you when you arrived at the lighting rail station. And after the rather comfortable voyage and the walck to the rich zone of Sharn where The Gracious Flesraker was located, you were instantly admited on the top class restaurant, altough the halflings servers looked rather disaprovingly at your choice of clothes.

One of the halfling maidens, with the hospitality minor dragonmark clearly visible in her naked pulse, then conducted you to the reserved table, in a rather private corner, where one could talk whitout being heard in the rest of the room. There you saw what you suposed would be your future party members, at least judging from the look of their clothes wich were clearly out of place such as yours, and a very well dressed man, who then spoke with an elegant voice:

"Ah, hello, I'm so glad you could come. Sorry for the secretism, but you see, I represent a rather respected organization, and you all have...How can I say this? Unfortonate backgrounds. Everybody makes mistakes, and some people are just unlucky, but you made a great deal of enemies over your lifes. Should those enemies know we're employing you, they would probably turn on my masters, and that wouldn't benefit us. Now, don't give me those looks, I think the letters already showed we strongly believe in you.

Now, let me give you a briefing on the mission, before the main meal. We intend you to recover a powerfull artifact. Now the artifact isn't the end on itself. It's one of the tools you'll need you to get for the true mission we want you to do. Our researches hint that the artifact is in the hands of a group of drows that inhabit Xen'Drinkck. Vicious dangerous cunning smart drows, actually, wich have managed to kill or capture most of the adventurers we already sent after said artifact. That's why we called you. You're not ordinary adventurers. Each one of you acomplished great things already by himself. You are very probably the best freelancers walking in the 5 kingdoms. The goal my masters have in mind is a very ambitious project, one that will greatly benefit mankind, but we need you to acomplish it. Shall you manage to complete it, we will not only reward you beyond your dreams and clean your pasts from all the misdeeds you may have commited, we will make sure to carve your names in gold in the history of Eberron."

Then a group of halflings appears carrying several dishes loaded with exotic foods and serving them to you. Fleshraker boiled eggs, dire bear steack, grilled kraken and many other expensive plates now fill the table.

"Ah, the food has arrived. I ordered the special ten courses feast, I hope you don't mind about it. So, what do you say gentlemen? Are you interested in worcking for our organization?"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Heros of Awe-Team red

Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk had thankfully already been living in Sharn for the past month, which gave him more time than most of the others to prepare for the restaurant. He had time to purchase simple formal clothes consisting of a loose black silk shirt and cotton pants. The tiny polished silver plates of his mithril armor scattered across his body glittered like ornamental jewelry. And yet he still felt under-dressed, the restaurant was simply that opulent.

Despite being one of the closest to the restaurant, he was one of the later ones to arrive, due mostly to bad planning in how long it would take to get there from across the city. Upon arriving and being led to the table, he seeks a seat as close as possible to another kalashtar, an attractive woman, or the potential employer, in that order of preference.

He listens calmly to what the potential employer has to say, outwardly relaxed despite his feeling of being woefully out of place. Before he agrees, he feels the need to ask a question. "How likely are we to run into factions other than the drow while we are in the jungles? Does anyone else seek this artifact?" he asks while eying the dire bear steaks just out of arm's reach on the table.
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Shars

Grabbing the first piece of steak to reach his place, Shars addresses their host. Well, if you've been watching me at all, you know I'm interested in working for anyone who can pay well and from what I can see, your group can do just that. Details would be appreciated, but can certainly wait until after we eat. Mind you, I haven't agreed to do anything yet; I just said I'm interested. Shars eagerly takes a large bite of his steak and surveys the other guests while grabbing a few tasty-looking foods he's never tried before. Well, it's an odd group, but I'd bet they're as strong as he says they are. Hmmph; history of Eberron, good of mankind... that's nice and all, but my reputation's doing well enough already and 'the good of mankind' changes depends on who you talk to. At least the food's good. Having completed his analysis, Shars seems to focus intently on his food while, of course, listening intently to see how the others respond.
    Homebrew
    Current Project (A sequel to Tome of Battle)
    Past Projects, some of which I may come back to
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baldric Sea Campaign Setting (work in progress)
    later version of the Sea Dog base class from it

4. - Top - End - #4

Ah, Kankhimelk, excellent question. It's very possible you may find some organized resistance before you meet the drows.

First there are the giants who despite having felt in decadency for millenias, still pose a considerable threat, and their tribes spread along all the continent. They're strong, and they have bad temper.

Second, there's a branch of the ashbound who has taken base in Xen'Drinkck recently, just a couple miles from Stormreach into the jungle. Orcs mostly. As you know, they just hate anything that isn't completely natural. From what I heard, they are trying, on one side, to stop the expansion of Stormreach, and in the other, to destroy any relics they can get their hands on. They're dangerous, and they may cause you trouble in the way in and the way out, but if you know how to use your tongue well you may avoid them or even use them as allies against the drows. It seems those ashbound orcs really hate them, altough they still lack the numbers to go on a real fight with them. They won't enter too much deep in the forest out of fear and respect, it seems.

And then, of course, there's all the exotic fauna that seems to surpise us with something new every time someone enters there.
    Last edited by Oslecamo; 2008-04-05 at 04:27 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

Jor picked up the letter just in time to avoid the pitcher flying through the tavern, and then held it before his nose, taking a deep whiff. "Smells rich." he commented. "Smells like money."

He stood up and looked over at the torn-up map of Khorvaire that someone had pinned up behind the bar. The lightning rail to Sharn from this backwater town in Aundair was close, and there hadn't been any action for weeks. He reached into his coin purse and heard the last few pieces clink together.

He smiled and reached into his other coin purse, which rolled and jangled like he had the entire Royal Mint inside. He tossed a few to the barmaid, who had to kneel down to the floor to get them.

He was out the door by the time they were turning to worthless lead. "Drinks were watered down anyhow," Jor grumbled, turning down the coach road to the city--and the lightning rail station.

---

Jor glances at the tiger-man and kalashtar and shrugs. "I do not find this objectionable. Bring me these dangerous, vicious elves. They will see what true danger is." He reaches out and spears a steak, winking at one of the waitresses before taking a big bite. He chews thoughtfully and grunts in appreciation. "When do we leave? And how do we leave? I know many of the...old traditions...of my people, but I cannot walk on water all the way to Xen'drik."
    The Tenth Doctor and the TARDIS by Ceika.

6. - Top - End - #6

Good to see some enhtusiasm, good sir. Should you acept the worck you will be leaving tonight, under the cover of the darkness. As for the method of transport, our organization acquired some airships in the last year precisely for this sort of thing. One of them will be waiting for you on the outskirts of the city. It will carry you quickly and safely to Stormreach, but no further. The jungle is too dense for landing and it's almost impossible to discern the geography from above. We'll also supply a skilled pilot to drive it, of course.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Saul was deeply confused by the letter. If they needed him to do something, they knew where he was, and they had enough wealth or political power to invite someone like him to such a notoriously exclusive restaurant, why give him a choice in the matter? Sheer curiosity drove him to follow the letter's instructions.

He was at the restaurant quickly, seemingly dressed in a simple brown robe. Anyone who bumped into him might see through the illusion to his true attire, but it helps him not be identified instantly. After murmuring his name to a waitress and a request that his food and drinks be purified, he let himself be led to the table and sat there, mostly just listening. Greatly benefit mankind? Every time I hear that line the person saying it makes me do something horrible. But I've never been to Xen'drik, and there's all kinds of interesting things there. Finally, he speaks up in a quiet, timid voice with an Aundair accent. "E-excuse me, but...what do you know about the artifact itself?" He doesn't ask the question that's really on his mind, though. He doesn't expect that anyone will find it relevant.
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-04-05 at 06:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeus View Post
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.
    2 useful principles for keeping roleplaying games fun.

8. - Top - End - #8

Well, good sir, I'm just an humble servant of my organization and I'm not filled on more details than needed. However, I was informed that unlike most artifacts out there, the power of this one isn't to destroy, but to purify. In theory, the artifact doesn't have power on his own, but greatly enanches cleansing magic of all kinds, allowing to lift the strongest curses and cure the vilest disease with even the simpliest spell.

The man's voice then lowers to almost a whisper

This last part it's just rumors, but some say the drow clerics use it to be able to inflict the most demented and cruel tortures on their prisioners, and then use the artifact to put them healthy again easily, so they can restart the torture, time and time again, for their sick pleasure. Most disturbing.

9. - Top - End - #9

Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk listens casually to everything that their host says as he carefully takes a small serving of each dish at the table, just enough to taste each one and to add up to a full serving when put together. He sits there eating and waiting for the others to arrive, to see what questions they have in mind. Given a moment where nobody else is asking anything of their host, Kankhimelk will lean over to him and ask, "What of the Inspired? I know that they have some power in parts of Xen'Drik. What is the likelihood of running in to them?"
    GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Fist

Fist was in Aundair, close to Passage when he received the letter. He found it quite interesting and went there. If it was a trap, well, he knew he will give a fight before they can take him down. Either way, curiosity and the sense of adventure drove him out of his current voyage.

He went back to Passage and took the express train to Sharn and arrived just in time for the meeting. All of his belongings were in his backpack so he did not tried to get a room for that sole reason.

He only wears a pair of black trousers that seem relatively clean. Black swirling marks run all over his body.

His Ghulra, the mark on the forhead all of the Warforged have and which there are no two equals, is quite exposed. Many Warforged prefer to hide their personal mark. Fist embraces it. Four lines swirl into one point on his forhead.

__________________________________________________ ___

Fist arrived first than most of the ones in the group. His big hand is tapping the table with his fingers. No food is served in front of him. No pack is with him. He entrusted it to the reception of the Restaurant.

"Glory and fame are always good. If there's money to keep me on my path, even better. If I have to put my body to test against many hardships..." The Warforged pauses. "... Quite good, indeed."

Improving himself, still not knowing why. The Warforged always knew the common races always have defined goals. His free Warforged mind is still in constant searching.
    Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-04-06 at 01:36 AM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

I never knew that Raging Lion Fist's accumulation of power was so deliberate. It does explain why he's always challenging people to fights better than just being belligerent, though. Saul thinks at the warforged's pronouncement of motivations. "But...will someone else tell us about the artifact? At least it's name?" I wouldn't be surprised if he made that rumor up, but if it's true I hope I can get away with saving their prisoners. Is our patron House Jorasco? Their employing me and Raging Lion Fist could definitely sound really bad out of context, and if the artifact amplifies healing magic they would be able to get the most use out of it unless it has some kind of limit.
    However, the general consensus about the best way to stop a monster from attacking is to kill it. In the case of undead, we recommend killing it again.

12. - Top - End - #12

That is a question I would like to know the answer, mister Kankhimelk, but I don't. Oficially, the inspired only have power in Riedra. Not oficially, their spies and agents are scatered among all the land, some even say infiltrated in most organizations, but again, these are just rumors. They are ver good at not atracting unwanted atention, and they rarely seek to do material damage. They seem to prefer to collect information and corrupt other people, and these kind of activities are a lot harder to keep track off than, let's say, murder or theft.

However, they seem to concentrate their actions in habitated areas. They don't seem to be very atracted by relics. Personaly, I doubt they will give you anykind of trouble once you enter the jungle.

Dear Saul, the relic you're going to seek has gone by many names in legends and ancient texts, since it seems to remote to the time of the giant's empire. The most common seem to be "The purifier orb ", "Sun's hand" and "Boldrei's eye".

Well, any more questions? The airship will leave tonight, a mile south from the southern gate, in the little plain over there. As a little incentive, I'll give you these credit letters. You can exhange them for a thousand gold each in the banck, wich I would advise you to spend in equipment for the trip, especially potions and other expendables you may find necessary. Consider it a glimpse of your final reward. Of course, you're also free to keep any other treasure you find during your trips.

The men then hands each of you another pretty envelope with several arcane marks on them. Each of it seems to be an official letter of credit granting 1000 gold to the bearer.

Ooc:Ok, if you don't want to ask more questions, make any last minute shoping you want and report to the airship.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

"Dear" Saul? What the khyber? Stop making fun of me! Saul thinks. "Well...how long will the airship take to get there?" He tucks the credit letter into a pocket that the illusion doesn't have, seeming to push it thorugh the fabric.
    [ooc]Also, will Saul be able to do research on the airship by the houserule for substituting research for copying? Ie is there another wizard onboard the airship? He'll just buy scrolls if he can't do that. They're more expensive, but depending on Cray's team choice/assignment, Repair Moderate Damage and Repair Serious Damage might be the only healing the group gets. He'd also be interested to try out the Purifier Orb for himself.[/ooc]

14. - Top - End - #14

Kankhimelk

After the delicious meal, Kankhimelk thanks his host and leaves to look for a specific item that he knows would be useful on a trip such as this. He spends the day searching through the various shops that sell magic items, hunting for either a Ring of Sustenance or a Bag of Everlasting Rations.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bag of Everlasting Rations is an item from Dragon, it's 350 GP and every day generates enough food to feed one person. It wouldn't be nearly enough to feed the whole party, despite its name.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

15. - Top - End - #15

Shars

After eating to his fill (a not inconsiderable task) and letting the others ask the questions he'd needed answered, Shars pushed his plate into center, took his voucher and said to their host I'm in. I am your servant in all things leading to the acquisition of that artifact until I'm am successful, I'm dead or the object has been destroyed beyond my ability to recover it. What you need the object for, whatever other goals your organization may have; that's none of my concern, but you may rest assured I will do what I have agreed to do. A slight bow, probably not the right decorum, but he hardly cares. Turning to the others I'll meet you in that plain before the airship leaves. I have one or two things to buy.

Spoiler
    Show

If we can buy those bags of everlasting rations, I'm pooling this 1000 with the 1900 I have left to buy one of them and a ring of jumping. If not, ring of sustenance and I'll keep the 400 gp.
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16

Ooc:Bag of everlasting rations is ok. Researching in the airship is not, I consider the conditions not calm enough for effecient research.

17. - Top - End - #17

"This sounds like a plan," Jorwylf says, gorging himself on the steak and a little bit of everything else. Finally, wiping his mouth on his sleeve and giving a little nod to his new employer, he stands up and walks out of the restaurant.

Spoiler
    Show

3 potions of Cure Moderate Wounds (900 gp) should be enough. Jor will keep the rest of the cash--money talks, et cetera.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]How about copying spells from scrolls he buys with his advance into spellbooks?[/ooc]

19. - Top - End - #19

Ooc:copying spells from scrolls takes 24 hours of nonstop study. The trip will be shorter than that, so no. However, once arrived at Stormreach, before entering the jungle, you'll have the necessary time and conditions to research/copy spells. It's an airship trip you're going now, not dungeon delving into the Tomb of Horrors. Please be a little patient on the spell copying, you'll get the oportunity to do so soon enough.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

[ooc]Heh, sorry, I thought that we weren't going to stop at Stormreach. Have an explanation for him knowing all that.[/ooc]
    Inspired...great, I can't do any research unless I go to a city, but I really should perfect my warforged repair. Well, maybe they actually believed that I only killed that Inspired because he was in my way and not because the kalashatar he was chasing told me everything about them to guilt me into doing it. Saul thinks. To help him decide, he asks, "Well...when will you need the artifact? Do you know anything that will help us find the drow who have it?" He takes a bite of his grilled kraken, swallows it, and then remembers something else. "Um, by the way...I'm interested in working for you."
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-04-07 at 04:09 AM. Reason: Continuity

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Fist

After the meeting was over, Fist decided to leave and find the artificer in town. He managed to buy some wares at the last minute. He bought five vials with special oils for Warforged.

"I have everything I need when he met the group back at the airship."

Spoiler
    Show
    bought 3 Oils of Repair moderate damage and 2 Oils of Repair Light Damage
    Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-04-07 at 12:14 AM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

22. - Top - End - #22

Ooc: today and tomorrow I will be rather busy with RL university, so the campaign will suffer a short pause for now.

23. - Top - End - #23

After doing your shoping, you go to the indicated point. There it is the airship, a magnificent vessel highly decorated with a central ring, hovering slightly above the ground, just so the green glowing ring containing the air elemental that surround the ship doesn't touch the ground. Several parts of the deck are glass and steel windows wich allow you to see the crew making the final preparations. The whole ship is beatifully decorated with golden drawings, arcane runes and carved scultptures depicting flying creatures like dragons and griffons. As you aproach, you see a big rope ladder on the side, at the bottom of wich is your employer, who smiles again and tells you:

Ah, welcome to the "Nau Catarineta", one of the prized airships of our organization. Air elemental powered, crew of twelve, carries up to fifty passengers and up to twenty tons of cargo. This one has been recently upgraded and can now reach up to 30 miles per hour thanks to some gnomish advancements. Fifth fastest airship in the five countries.

Then his hand goes into his one hidden packet and he pulls out a bunch of papers

Of course, there's no use paying you to get the purifier orb if then it gets confiscated by the goverment. These are letters of Marque wich will allow you to claim for our organization the orb and whatever else you find for yourselves at the light of the law. Try to don't lose them, or our lawyers will have an headache geting the artifact back.

One more thing before you depart. Once you reach the jungle you'll be guided by one of our best employees, an elvish tracker. He's also the only survivor of the last expedition that's willing to go again. He's not much of a warrior or magician however, so we need you to be the ones to provide the power to defeat whatever stands in the way. Our guide will be there just to show you the path. He also managed to take a look at the basic layouts of the drow temples, wich could prove quite usefull once you reach them. He likes to be treated by Guilherme, and he'll be waiting for you at Stormreach. He's been spending the last days taking care of the last details of the expedition and will answer any more questions you may have. I know that Xen'drink is a very interesting place, but we would like to get that artifact as soon as possible. So, when you get it(we know you will), please return imediatily to Stormreach.

So, farewell and good luck.

As you climb the rope ladder and enter the ship you meet captain Vicente, who greets you warmfully and says he's honored to transport such brave adventurers. He then conducts you to the lower deck, where there is a luxurious waiting room. One beatifull human maid and an elvish buttler there offer you a selection of apetizers and drincks. The captain leaves explaining the trip will take only a few hours, but going in the upper deck is not advised because of the strong wind.

For some time everything goes smoothly, and you reach the ocean. The maid revels to be an impressive singer, and the buttler knows how to prepare some amazing cocktails. But then, as you look at the night sky trough the windows and you see something pass quickly. Something big. Then you hear something breack, and the whole structure trembles. More crashes, now above you. The airship slows down. As you get up you see some crew members going trough the corridors, climbing the stairs up and carrying heavy crossbows.

The elemental ring is damaged! Something big is up there! We need to stop it or things will get ugly!
    -screams the captain from the control room.

Ooc:Well, what do you do? You can follow the crew members in the upper deck from the room you're in now with a double move.

24. - Top - End - #24

Jor sweeps a small mountain of appetizers off the girl's tray with a wink, and frowns at the olives in the drinks. "Never did like these things," he grumbles, and spends the next few hours flicking the olives into available spitoon, trash can, and, in some cases, pocket on crewmembers' clothing.

As the alarm is raised, he bolts up the steps to the deck, and for a moment, his eyes gleam the color of brass--or possibly copper.

Spoiler
    Show

Using a swift action to activate Draconic Aura--Power, and heading up to the deck.
    (All allies within 30 ft. get a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls.)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Saul

Shopping time
    After lunch, Saul goes and cashes his letter of credit, then goes to Morgrave University's library to research the artifact under all of it's names. He scribes the most relevant information he finds onto some of his own paper using an Amanuensis spell, puts the originals back where he found them, and goes off to the airship's location. His glamer wears off during the research and his real clothes(the glamer hid nothing else) can be seen when he arives.
    Nau Catarineta: boarding and pre-attack
    Saul takes the Letter of Marque with a muttered "thanks." They confiscate things we get from Xen'drik? I didn't know that. He climbs the ladder when the middleman says that someone else will answer questions, and spends the trip mostly reading whatever there is on the airship. He eats the first olive that Glawkus flicks into his pocket, but knocks the rest out of their path with a sharp, sudden strike using his pointer and middle fingers pressed together, and then returns to his reading right after each block.
    [ooc]Deflect Arrows is fun.[/ooc]
    Nau Catarineta: attack
    At the sound of something breaking, Saul puts down his book. When the airship trembles, Saul stands up. When the captain screams, Saul says something too rapidly to hear, withdraws a licorice root shaving from one of the pouches on his belt, rapidly moves his hand counterclockwise in a perfect circle, and then traces a line segment toward each member of the party in addition to three other nearby people who would benefit from his spell. Those he draws a line segment towards take on the same swiftness of movement he displayed, and he himself retains it. So affected, he easily catches up to the rest of the crew when he follows them up despite the time it took to cast the spell.
    [ooc]Casting Haste and going up to the deck.
    Knowledge d20 roll to identify the big monster on the roof and any weaknesses it may have - (1d20)[7] Using Collector of Stories skill trick. Arcana is +21 after the trick, nature is +13 after the trick, everything else is +11 after the trick.

If the edit eats that roll, it's the unmodified d20 for a Knowledge check to identify the big monster on the roof. It was a 7.[/ooc]
    Last edited by Winged One; 2008-04-08 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Response to Glawkus' olive flicking

26. - Top - End - #26

Kankhimelk

Kankhimelk boards the airship carrying a plain leather backpack and wearing the same somewhat dressy clothes that he had on at the restaurant. He smiles and occasionally winks at the human maid, complimenting her singing after she sings each song. He happily accepts two drinks at the beginning of the voyage from the elven butler, greeting him with the same general joviality, but her turns down snacks, not yet hungry again from the feast earlier that day.

When the ship shudders, he springs up, manifesting it more out of instinct than on purpose. As he turns to listen to what the crew is yelling, he feels suddenly energized, and the room appears to slow down. Turning, he sees that the the wizard had accelerated him. Smiling and nodding a heartfelt 'thank you' to him, he dashes up to the top deck.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With Kankhimelk's already 40 ft land speed, he still has 10 feet of movement left on that one move action if it would take a normal human a double move to reach the surface. So, I'll describe the rest of his actions this turn once the top deck is revealed.

Also, I realized that I never included in the character page what his mind blade looked like, a grievous mistake. I shall correct that immediately.
    Last edited by jagadaishio; 2008-04-08 at 09:50 PM.
    ----------
    Fogmere City
    ----------
    Brute
    ----------

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Fist

The Warforged arrived and began to make his accommodations. He talked little and spoke to no one. So far he has not introduced himself. He likes this attitude. It fits him, he thinks. The Warforged doesn't rest so he trains a little bit, making mental notes on his moves and stances. On his attacks, dodges and recoveries. He tries to imagine different possible scenarios on his mind where he rushes in and squashes everyone. He prepares. And then, it happens.

Fist noticed the shake and the chaos and soon he stood up as the Captain called. After watching the mage perform an invocation he felt everything slow down. This was a familiar feeling. He knows what to do.

He then moved, always on his normal movement stance (Absolute Steel Stance).

Move... Move... He thinks.

And then, Fist reaches the deck and prepares to move further, jump into the whatever is giving them problems and squash that thing as soon as possible.

If his old teacher, companion and fellow Warforged could see him doing this stunts, he would probably called him the dumbest beast in Eberron. But he's not dumb. Fist is just too impetuous.

Spoiler
    Show

Alright. I'm a monk and with the Ironheart maneuver I have I can cover 60 ft in a single move. Thanks to Haste I can make a move of 80 ft. Can I continue my turn when you describe what happened? I would still have a standard action and some maneuvers I could spend and I plan to do sudden leap too.

Last edited by Random NPC; 2008-04-08 at 11:43 PM.
    Image by Rich Burlew

28. - Top - End - #28

Shars

On the airship:
    First and foremost, a good nap was in order. Fine food tended to do that to him and one never knew when the next opportunity would present itself, so rest should always be taken when possible. Suitably refreshed, Shars prowled though the airship, not necessarily anticipating trouble, but he felt better when he was in motion; more ready to react.
    And so, when the loud crash shook the ship and the crew went running past, a small smirk crossed his face as he growled Exercise and took off after them
    Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

The crew members climb up, and before you can go there you hear one of them scream, and suddenly the other crew members appear running in the oposite direction and screaming like little girls, blocking your path. You finnally manage to get in the upper deck, and you see a nightmarish vision.

The screaming crew member is holded on the mouth of a giant sharck. Except that this sharck's dorsal flippers are as big as wings, and it soars several feets above the wooden deck of the airship. In it's back it is mounted a Sahuagin in blue armor with a trident. He lets out an inhuman scream and two other Sahuagins mounted on equal beasts appear from the sides of the airship. The ocean delvers open his mouth again, but this time you can understand him:

You landwellers think you're safe up here, far away from our water bound brothers, but we, the Terlen knights, will show you that it's the sahuagin who rule the ocean, be it over or under their waters.

As he finishes saying that, he whispers something to his mount, wich throws the body he was carrying out of the airship. The suanhagin then guide their mounts down into the deck, landing in the wood. For your suprise, the flying sharck seems to be as comfortable in the ground as in the air.

Spoiler
    Show

Ooc: Yes, you read it well. Giant freacking flying sharcks mounted by sahuagins! Despite you all being able to reach the deck in a single movement, the fact of the other crew members blocking the path in the way up and the Terlen knights being high in the air means you won't get to spend that other action before the battle starts. I'll roll iniative for everybody in the next post. Any question about the map ask. And yes, flying sharcks are official D&D monsters.

Winged one: The mount of the suhagin seems to be a Terlen, a magical animal and vicous predator, capable of traveling quicly by either land, air or water. Normally they are smaller, and they don't have any special abilities, simply attacking the enemy with their powerfull jaws and trying to lock them into their sharp teeth, grinding them into mincemeat. These larger specimens, however, may have developed or learned other abilities.

The sahuagin seem to have heavy martial training by their armors and way of moving, but whitout seeing them in action you can't identify more. You remember, however, that Sahuagin are stronger than regular humans and naturally vulnerable to light and fresh water.

30. - Top - End - #30

Iniative time!

Terlen knights:(1d20+7)[11]

Kankhimelk: (1d20+3)[4]

Shars: (1d20+7)[27]

Jorwylf: (1d20+1)[20]

Saul: (1d20+6)[20]

Raging lion: (1d20+7)[24]

In case of tie, the one with the biggest bonus goes first.