New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

The ship continues to stream through hyperspace. Nate heads down to engineering and gets to work fixing himself up. Trill takes an afternoon nap and tries to think about some nice group meals to break the tedium of such a long jump.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

Daine

As the ship slips into hyperspace, Daine relaxes slightly. As Kera makes her way to their quarters, he smiles slightly, then follows, giving Trill and Corran a nod before disappearing behind the closed door.

A relatively short time later, he exits the quarters, grinning slightly as he moves. "I'll be down in the cargo bay if anyone needs me," he says as he drops down the ladder downward and makes his way into the cargo bay, leaving the door open. He looks over the piles of salvage and grins slightly to himself and starts going over it all to see what's there briefly before turning his attention to the repeating blaster, looking to see how he could attach it to the Mule and integrated into the other weapon systems.

Spoiler
    Show

Repair: 1D20+16 = [16]+16 = 32
    Craft(Starship Weapons): 1D20+9 = [6]+9 = 15
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

3. - Top - End - #3

Corran spends most of his time along with his droids help putting one of the speeders back together, the rest of the time he works of building himself a set of armor starting with the helmet, with whatever scrap metal he can find not associated with the speeders.

Repair (1d20+10)[16]
    Repair (1d20+10)[15]

Search for scrap metal (1d20+7)[14]

Craft ( Armor) (1d20+5)[6]
    Craft ( Armor) (1d20+5)[6]

Well that fracking sucks forget making armour unless i can take 10 on the those Craft checks
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-08 at 06:16 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Corran finds that there isn't much scrap on the ship, but the outer covering from the old medical droid and some pieces of hull plating the broken speeder which might have armor potential.

Spoiler
    Show

Assuming from the description you are going for Blast Helmet and Vest, 500 credits.

So, you scrounge 166 credits worth of pieces parts. This will be the rest of the droid parts and 2 sections of hull plating.
    Checks
    6 * 5 = 30 credits
    6 * 5 = 30 credits (total of 60).

Two days done, one more to go. You can take a 10 or you can roll. Taking a 10 will get you 75 more credits worth done, so by the time you get where you are going, you'll have 135 credits out of 500 completed. Plenty more to go.

Daine finds that the repeating blaster is just a standard handheld blaster that someone mounted on a pole to steady it. He shouldn't have much trouble wiring it into the ship, but it would just point straight forward without the capability to aim it unless Daine also builds in some kind of rotating mount and controls for that and camera feeds back into the bridge so you can see where its pointed. Daine can confirm the wiring between the bridge and weapon pods while in hyperspace, but he'll have to go outside to get the thing wired in/mounted/etc.

{{Anything else or should we arrive? - Corran can just heal Kera up, if he chooses, so that she can work on other things.}}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-04-10 at 06:09 AM.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

The hyperspace journey passes fairly quickly. At least the water restriction prevent Trill from preparing much in the way of soups, so the meals are a bit more hearty then normal.

In order to get the speeder fully put back together, the spare parts from the damaged speeder had to be moved out of the cargo bay. Having several spare rooms made it easy. Kaff spent several hours hauling parts from the cargo bay into the spare rooms, once Daine identified which parts were spare.

Kera is able to rest and recover some of her damage during the journey while Corran works on converting speeder parts into some sort of armor and helmet. The progress is slow, but progress is made.

Once the speeder is reassembled, Daine spends the better part of a day working on mounts and computer controls for the repeating blaster as well as replacing its power pack energy source with a direct feed from the ship's power. Things are coming along, but there is probably another full days worth of work on the outside of the ship in order to get it operational.

The bridge alarms begin to go off which signify that the ship is about to drop out of hyperspace.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

For once, Kera did what she was told. Probably mostly because she was the one who told herself to do it. She stayed in bed most of the time, only getting up and shuffling out to use the bathroom. It was an incredibly irritating two days, but only Daine had to put up with her, and then only while he wasn't working.

"I cannot stay in that bed any longer." These were the first words she'd spoken outside the cabin since she went in just after the jump into hyperspace. She takes the stairs up to the bridge two at a time, and sits down in her seat. She'd be damned if all that lying about was going to be followed up by watching Corran fly her ship. In her seat.

She slides into the chair, adjusting it for no reason other than she last saw Corran sitting in it and checks the range of motion with her arm. A little stiff, but generally fine. After Daine hacked off the Quickcrete a few hours ago and they replaced it with a splint, her ability to use it increased a lot, and the pain was basically gone. Just a twinge if she turned it in a few particular ways. Some of which were involved in some of her favorite flying maneuvers. At least she could use it now.

She hits the ship's PA. "Gentlemen, we will be leaving hyperspace shortly. I recommend securing sharp objects and blowtorches."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-04-10 at 07:13 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine splits his time between working the repeater and taking care of Kera, spending probably more time than needed making sure she was alright, but it kept her happy and content enough not to try to go fly the ship off course. He does a few rounds through the course of the day, making sure that the ship is still running fine the best he can as well to fill up the rest of the time.

Daine stand in the cargo bay, tapping on his datapad and watching the carriage of the repeating blaster pivot back and forth, a grin happily on his face. He raises a brow as the alarm goes off. He quickly stows his datapad away and heads up through the innards of the ship towards the bridge. He drops into the chair directly behind Kera at the shield console and runs through a preliminary check. "So, feeling better after the rest?" he asks with a slight grin.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Yeah, that headache is gone now." Kera shifts a little, finding the adjustment she made to the seat to be not quite right. She adjusts it back to where it was. Because, of course, that's where she had it before anyway. "Arm is still a little funny, but lazing around like a lump isn't going to change that." There is a pause as she slips her arms into the sleeves of her flight suit and zips it up to her chest so it mostly covers the white tank top underneath. "It's probably ready for some exercise or something."

9. - Top - End - #9

Corran take another try at healing Kera Before returing to building his new helmet, when the alarm sounds he put his things down and heads to the bridge where he sees Kera already at the controls, he shrugs and takes the next available seat, Corran then says, I see that your arm is feeling some what better, i guess this means i'll soon be looking for a new job.

Heal Another (1d20+3)[17]
    Craft ( Armor) (1d20+5)[24]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-11 at 10:24 PM.

Character links

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship drops out of hyperspace into the Utapau system, or at least what every assumes is Utapau having never been there before.

Looking at the planet from orbit doesn't lead you to believe that you'll be able to recharge your water supply. The system is dominated by a large yellow/orange sun. From orbit, the planet appears as a large brown sphere, although several mountain ranges are visible, there isn't really any cloud cover and no visible oceans or large bodies of water.

{{ Daine took a 10 on long term care type check for the journey. Beyond that I didn't know if Corran was going to use his force powers to try and speed up the healing. I guess not.

Armor now at 180 credits out of 500. }}
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-04-12 at 07:00 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera nods in response to the first question. Then she shrugs a little, wondering why he'd brought the second issue up. "If that's what you want." Was he trying to get tossed off the ship? She checks for a place to actually land, then starts making the approach, flying a little sloppy on purpose. Flying smooth and steady is bo-ring. Besides, she wants to check her arm out a little. Never hurts to know just what you're capable of in case you need to evacuate unexpectedly.

12. - Top - End - #12

It's not so much what i want, but what you want, i can tell you don't like me and don't want me flying your ship, so it only a mater of time, before my time with you will come to an end, besides you already have a very good engineer, you have your security chief, and a cook, so whats left for me, cargo handler? we both know i would not be happy, We're Star pilots it kills us to watch others fly or to be dirt side to long when all we dream about is flying among the stars.

Character links

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine raises an eyebrow. "You know, if you're trying to stay aboard, you're not making a very good case for yourself. Shouldn't you be attempting to, you know, play up your strengths instead of trying to convince others that your skills are unneeded?" He shrugs slightly, as he looks across the sensor console. "If you're looking for a full time pilot gig, you most likely won't find one aboard a ship that has one already though."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

She's flying now, which gets her full attention - mostly because she enjoys doing it - but she snorts at Corran. "'Don't like you'? I don't know you well enough to like or not like you. What I don't like is someone else's butt in my seat, especially when it's because I can't be the one sitting in it. Doesn't matter whose butt it is. Daine sits in my seat and I'll kick his ass.

Anyway, if all you want to do is fly the ship, then no, there's not a place for you here. Because that's my job."

15. - Top - End - #15

Oh don't get me wrong i'll stay and do what ever needs to be done when needed. but i know that at some point i'll have to go. well that's enough of that, So do you think they have an good Cantina down there. You know, i know of this great little Cantina on Mon Cal, we should visit if we ever get out that way.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Stopping in her arm-testing maneuvers, Kera looks at Corran with an uplifted eyebrow for a couple of seconds, then goes back to flying. "Whatever. There will not be a repeat of what happened on Bespin. I don't know if those guys targeted us for a specific reason, but it is really not happening again. Suggestions for making this plan a reality." She says the last as a request, inviting comment on the issue.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Scanning the surface, they find lots of technology. It seems to be very clustered around sinkholes, or rather, in sinkholes. The towns seem built into the walls of the sinkholes where they have access to at least a minimal water supply.

Not really knowing where to land, Kera selects a fairly large sinkhole, about 400 meters in diameter, and heads for it. As she approaches Daine detects the landing beacon and automated landing instructions for visitors.

Once Kera drops the ship down into the sinkhole is it obvious that several thousand inhabitants live in the walls of this sinkhole. A couple dozen cloud cars are parked on private platforms scattered along the walls. Towards the bottom, there are 6 large landing platforms for starships. Three of the platforms already have starships parked. On those platforms numerous droids can be seen hustling around connecting hoses and such as well as loading and unloading cargo.

18. - Top - End - #18

Corran just watch as they fly along, Finally he comments, You know during the war this place was was one of the last strong holds of the Confederacy. Maybe we could find a leftover relic from the war so i could maybe fly as your cover against any threats to us.

Knowledge Confederacy (1d20+3)[17]
    Knowledge Starship (1d20+3)[21]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-16 at 10:00 PM.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

As she starts putting the ship down, Kera just gets a somewhat confused, or maybe incredulous, look. "Uh-huh. I doubt that would help us with security on the ground. Seems more like it would increase the magnitude of the problem rather than decrease it. I suppose that my best suggestion here is bodies. There should be one person whose whole job is to stand there with a gun, looking threatening and paying attention, whenever the hatch is open, yeah? And we shut the hatch anytime it doesn't need to be shut. Seems to me like just doing that would have prevented what happened."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff, as the stated Security Chief, steps up, "Captain, as chief of security, I'll take care of making sure we have a guard posted whenever the hatch is open." Standing tall, Kaff also adds, "I would also suggest that the crew not walk around alone. Always go in pairs... or triplets... and armed."

Trill comes up and inquires, "Will we restock our food and water supplies here? This didn't seem like a very prosperous planet from the sky. I expect prices are fairly high."

Kaff looks at Corran and says, "Maybe we should either buy you a helmet or some other sort of diguise to hide that mug of yours." Don't want anymore bounty hunters following us, not even the imcompetent ones. Maybe we can use that dye on him, that I used on my armor to change his skin color... permenantly.

21. - Top - End - #21

Yeah the helmet would help some what, but a new identity would be better but that cost more credits then a helmet would. If we could find a decant Armour smith on this planet I'd like to get some thing close to what I'm conferable with wearing already.

Character links

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Kaff leans in to Corran and says, "Don't press your luck. Its one thing to borrow a few credits.. Which you can always work off. Its another to commission some custom work of art and expect the Captain to just pay for it. Besides, you look like you made some decent progress on that suit you were making during the jump."

Kaff straightens up and turns back to the captain and asks, "With Vicks gone and now Evayn gone.. who is going to negotiate the sale of those giant salt cubes." If we painted them blue and red, we could sell them a novelty chance cubes...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Daine is." Kera starts shutting the ship down once it's on the ground. "We'll get food and water here unless you feel like it's a lot more expensive than usual, in which case we'll skimp on the food, but not the water. We need to get fuel, too, and I don't want to leave the planet without something that will turn us at least a small profit. We also have one speeder to sell."

24. - Top - End - #24

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods as he unstraps and stands. "Dry planets need salt too," he says shrugging slightly. "Sweat leeches it out of ya." He shrugs slightly as he starts down below. "All depends on what they really need versus what they want," he shouts up over his shoulder as he descends, turning quickly into his and Kerra's quarters for a moment. He exits a moment later with his blaster on his hip and a light vest over his chest. "I'll take a moment to look over the hull, make sure nothings out of place after the last planet, then we can go see where we might offload the salt."

25. - Top - End - #25

OK OK all i was saying is that we need some thing that's covers my face but is conferable and i can see out with out much restrictions to my sight is all Says Corran

Do you need any help checking the hull. Asks Corran
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-18 at 11:19 AM.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine looks at Corran for a moment, mentally parsing the man's speech, then shrugs. "Feel free," he says. "Just checking for any damage that needs attention before we lift off again," he says. "Once we have a little more room in the cargo hold, I'll see about mounting that gun where it'll be more useful than sitting in there as well," he says with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show

Repair for a quick diagnosis of the Hull: 1D20+16 = [14]+16 = 30
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-04-18 at 10:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera follows Daine out, stopping for the ship's datapad and her own blaster pistol. "Okay, so Daine is going to negotiate, Trill knows what we need, I've got the money...we might as well all just assault the place en masse. Keep in mind that we're looking for a job, too. Cargo, passengers, something to take us from here to someplace else. Corran, you can act like a goo- uh, security, right? Just use that helmet you had before. No one in their right mind would harass a man bold enough to wear a wood helmet."

28. - Top - End - #28

Yes Ma'am, Corran follows Daine outside and starts to also check the Hull out, but first on his way out he picks up his old helmet from his bag and puts it on once outside.

Repair (1d20+10)[16]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-04-18 at 11:17 AM.

Character links

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Daine followed by Corran step out onto the platform. They are greeted by 4 small humanoids, each less than a meter tall, almost like dogs which walk upright, but with rounder snouts. The jabber and chirp a greeting. One activates a console which rises up out of the decking.

The console is pretty standard and allows the captain to pay for the docking as well as other standard services(fuel, water, sanitation, etc).

Daine inspects the hull and finds no damage, just some blaster burns on the nice new paint job, but nothing that penetrated the armor. Corran notices the landing gear has got a lot of salt and such stuck in all the parts. If you don't wash it out of there, or at least blow it out with a high pressure hose, it'll cause problems eventually.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Kera steps up and pays the docking fees and for water and such. "Okay, so I'm feeling like trying to sell is higher priority than trying to buy. I don't know anything about this planet, but I kinda know how people think. Generally."

Spoiler
    Show
    Kera has ranks in Know(streetwise), which I am hopeful translate into having an idea of how to find someone to buy the speeder and the salts.
    Know(streetwise):26