New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars D20 - Freelancer(IC) Act 2

Kera

"Ten days? Dang. Well, we could kind of use the time. And we have that much food." She is just thinking out loud, heedless of Nate's presence. "It would mean that much longer for my arm to heal the rest of the way without something happening. And lots of the stuff we just scavenged could be repaired. We better make enough to make the ship payment on these stupid salts, though." Kera hits the ship's PA.

"Gentlemen, we will be making the jump into hyperspace in a few. As a note, the jump will take 10 days and some change."

Then she pulls the levers to send the ship into hyperspace. She sits up in the chair for a little bit, watching the stars turn into the lines, then zip by. It's relaxing.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Wow 10 days. That's alot of downtime. Daine or Corran would either of you like some assistance with the repair work your doing. I really would like to learn more. And you both seem very accomplished at it. You could probably teach me a lot.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sure kid you can help me out, i'll tech you as much as i can in the time we have. Once Flick is ready Corran begins his 10 day Course in the world of Mechanics. Corran takes his time on the repairs he performs so he can explain what hes doing, how hes doing it and why he doing it.

((Corran is takeing his time so i'll take 20 with a +10 modifier for a total of 30))
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

4. - Top - End - #214

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine chuckles softly as he unstraps himself and stands up. He smiles to Kera, "Provided of course, we get to make the trip smoothly," he says, then winks to her. "I'm going to head down and go through what we picked up. We may end up with a little extra room at night even." He squeezes the shoulder of her good arm once as he pulls out his datapad, then heads down towards the bay to get to work stowing and sorting things out.

He tends to work seperately from Corran and Flick, letting them go through things together while he knocks out as many of the things as he can. He never refuses Kera's help when she wants to though.
    Last edited by Santanya; 2008-07-31 at 10:01 AM.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.
    Santanya: Its an addition. I need my fix.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I'm gonna catch a nap. I'll be down to help out later." Kera stays sitting, staring out at the stars for about ten minutes, then heads in to bed, looking to just take a catnap for now.

6. - Top - End - #216

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods as he starts down from the bridge. "Expect to be interrupted, that's one of the first things on the list," he says, winking to Kera as he disappears down the ladder.
    DarkLadyoftheSith: Its not a Santanya post if there's not an edit at the end of it.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Mildly confused by Daine's statement, Kera shifts gears to follow Daine down to the cargo hold. "You need help with it? Whatever 'it' might happen to be?"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

10 days later

Nate was now as fully functional as he was going to get. Daine installed a new hyperspace algorithm patch during his last 100 hour power-up period. Corran had the weapons as functional as he could test without torpedoes and without blowing a hole in the side of the ship. Kera upgrades her own blaster for the first couple days.

{{ Works on Corran's blaster rifle after that? What upgrade though? }}

Trill managed to produce meals which brought the crew together several times a day for conversation and a rest from the constant sound of hammering and fusion torches and such.

With only 30 minutes left on the hyperspace clock, Trill has prepared a last meal before the team arrives in Duros. With most of the fresh fruits and veggies gone, the meals have become more bland, but this one is an exception. Still no veggies, but lots of spice, this meal smells wonderful. Admittedly, that soup looks like sewage, but it smells really nice.
    This is my signature, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

www.facebook.com/kyleglowacki

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Once the repairs got going in earnest, Kera became much more cheerful. Despite being stuck in the job of Captain, space was home to her, as much as anyplace was. It could only be better if she was on her father's ship, something that was - as far as she knew - impossible. Next best thing was her own ship. Part hers, anyway.

She did the math on the money more than once, figuring out how much they needed to make to get that payment taking care of a couple of times, just to be sure she had the numbers right and on the tip of her tongue. If they didn't make enough to cover it plus incidentals on this salt, they'd have to come up with something pretty quickly. Time was running out on that clock. Somehow, she rather doubted they had a grace period for it.

Kera picks up a few tools that ended up on the floor during Daine's most recent expedition into the bowels of the ship, putting them away where they belong. "Smells great, Trill. You make miracles with food." She takes a bowl, giving the soup a skeptical look, but shrugs and fills it up. Food is for eating, not looking at.

10. - Top - End - #220

Quote Originally Posted by lawful_evil View Post
    10 days later
    {{ Works on Corran's blaster rifle after that? What upgrade though? }}
    ((Well if i was to work on my blaster rifle i guess i would increased range increment, but i might also try to finish up work on the Blast helmet i was working on.))

Corran satisfied with all the work he's got done in the last two weeks (10 day), Corran sits at the table and takes a bowl of soup and digs in, the soups look dose not even faze him as hes eaten stuff that looked worst an only tasted about 4% as good, Trill, this soup is great, after finishing his first bowl he takes a second bowl.

Character links

11. - Top - End - #221

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine emerges from the bowels of the ship, slightly dirty, but very happy. The last few days was work he was happy to do and especially when it made everything easier. "Smells great, Trill," he says as he passes through the common area. He heads into the lavatory closing the door behind him.

He emerges a few minutes later, much cleaner but no less happy. He sits down next to Kera and digs in. The soup didn't bother him that much. So long as it didn't taste like what it looked like, it wasn't worth the possibility of making Trill unhappy. Besides, its tastes good. He eats happily as he listens and talks with the others.

"Once we land, there's a few hours of work to do. The main computer systems need to come down for at least four hours, the landing gear hydraulics need work, and we need to mount the weapons of our choice. I wouldn't mind sticking the blasters we have up in the forward mounts and the Ion Cannon and Triple blasters in the back. We fight runnin' away, not head on."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Nodding along as Daine explains, Kera considers how best to handle the issue. "Well, I can go with Flick to meet his contact and Corran can stay with you and the ship. I don't want to leave you working here without a big gun watching your back. We need to pick up some work here, too. High priority."

13. - Top - End - #223

OK captain, i do have a question where would you like the torpedo launcher installed up front or on the aft section as a last resort escape plan. and were going to need to find are self some torpedoes.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"We can't afford torpedoes right now. Getting the other stuff taken care of is more important. We could consider selling it. I don't really think it's worthwhile to have it mounted as an 'escape option', and it will probably take a lot of ship modification to make it work that way, anyway. Bottom line: either it's tabled for now and sits in the cargo hold, taking up space, or we find a buyer and get rid of it."

15. - Top - End - #225

OK captain i can see your point the other weapons should be are focus, so I'm willing to table the torpedo launcher for the future, i believe the launcher is something we should keep for now but the ultimate Decision is up to you.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-04 at 02:53 PM.

Character links

16. - Top - End - #226

AssassinGuy

Daine

Daine nods. "Have to agree with her," he says. "We're a cargo ship, not a fighter or destroyer. It would be nice, but we don't have that kind of money to blow on something that might or might not hit." He shrugs slightly and continues eating. "Besides, its worth quite a bit really, could be a ship payment sitting there."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"I'm willing to hold off on a decision, at least until we see how much we can get for the salts. If it's not enough, but we can find another quick job right away that will cover any shortfall, then I don't see we have to actually decide any time soon.

I feel like asking if anyone has a preference about what kinds of jobs we do. We can look to focus on passengers, or on freight. Either will probably net us good money if we specialize towards it. I'm not sure which way I prefer. Cargo means cargo owners, lots of times. Passengers means, well, passengers.""
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-08-05 at 11:30 AM.

18. - Top - End - #228

Well Cargo's a lot easier to look after, But i say we do a light mix we focus on cargo, but as long as we have a spare passenger cabin or two, we only take passengers as long as there going in the same general direction we are.

Character links

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ogre in the Playground

Trill starts collecting bowls and plates as everyone finishes up. Flick says, "Well, Boss, I'll need to use the comms to get ahold of my contact once we get out of hyperspace. I've got his coordinates .. but they are a couple years old. He's probably moved up to a nicer place by now."

Flick examines the salt shaker on the table and says, "Last time I dealt with him, I had to send him the scans of the goods. He gave me a quote and after we landed I negotiated the final price."

Flick then looks at Corran and says, "This is closer to the core of the Empire. The chance of us getting inspected is probably 100 times greater than out in the outer rim. Not sure what your game plan is for them weapons. Seems to depend on the mood and profit margin of the local governor... sometimes you get slapped with a registration fee for the weapons. Other times they don't care. Sometimes they just confiscate them."

Flick continues, "Anyway.. Duro was pretty devastated during the Clone Wars a few years back. They import just a huge amount of stuff. We may do better taking orders to fill rather than trying to find stuff to export. Although I do expect quite a few locals might be willing to leave.. assuming they can get travel papers."
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

20. - Top - End - #230

Yeah speaking of trivial documents we should probably start looking for some one that can alter mine so we dont have to worry so much about bounty hunters coming after my or any one that happen to be accompany me

Character links

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

Looking at Corran, Kera says flatly, "We can't afford it right now. Keep your face covered and stick near the ship when you can. Anybody asks, use a fake name. Best I can offer until we have more cash." Kera pauses, a little surprised that she is actually considering how to keep him safe. Like he was actually a friend already. She shrugs to herself, though, and plows on to addressing Flick. Ten days in hyperspace can make you a little loony.

"We have a scan to send him already. I'll get that for you when you need it. I think we can probably take locals who have less than stellar legality regarding their ability to leave, if someone can hook us up with them."
    Last edited by dauphinous; 2008-08-06 at 09:54 AM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

As Kera finishes her sentence, the alarm on the hyperspace drive goes off indicating less than a minute till the ship drops back into realspace.

23. - Top - End - #233

OK captain, says Corran, At the sound of the alarm Corran gets up and Heads up to the bridge

Character links

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

BardGuy

Flick
    Flick pulls Corran aside and whispers to him.
    Let me see those documents that you need altering I might be able to do something to them.
    He then turns to catch up with Kera.
    You know Captain I am slightly skilled in the editing and creating of certain documents. You want me to quickly work up some permits for the weapons. There's an added risk factor in that if the document isn't very good it will probably land us in deeper trouble.

25. - Top - End - #235

Corran whispers back, I need to set up a alternate Identity, i have a bounty on my head, for some thing i did not steal. Before Continuing on up to the Bridge when the time comes Corran will drop them out of Hyperspace.

Character links

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Iiiiinteresting. How long does it take to create them? Do you need some kind of sample to work with or anything?"
    Kera talks to Flick while she heads up the stairs to the bridge. It's clear Corran would like to handle the ship from the way he's all but jumped and scrambled up there. The unfortunate thing about his want is that Kera can't stand watching someone else do her job.

"Don't you put your ass in my seat,"
    she says to Corran's back, walking up not far behind him. She says it with a smirk, playful mock warning in her voice. When she gets up there, she takes her seat, sliding into it like it's the most comfortable place in the entire galaxy. Which, in a way, it is.

27. - Top - End - #237

Corran smirks himself as he Replies, I wasn't captain i was going to do it from the Copilots chair as it seem more conferable to me.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

As Flick hauls himself up the ladder to the bridge, the ship drops out of hyperspace. Ah, the Duros system... and it's primary planet Duro. Not the pretty blue-green planet from your history classes. No, now the planet is mostly orange and red.

In orbit are two star destroyers and a dozen or so light cruisers. There isn't much traffic in the star system at all except the official imperial ships. As Flick fires up the comm system and message from the port side Star Destroyer comes in.

"Captain, as of this moment, the imperial navy is commandeering your vessel for a massive rescue effort. Due to continued radioactive fallout, the planet is being evacuated. You are ordered to dump all cargo and land at this coordinates." << coordinates >> "There you are to pick up 200 refugees and take them to the Corellia system for resettlement, at which time you will be reimbursed for your cargo and time."
    Last edited by lawful_evil; 2008-08-08 at 07:43 PM.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Kera

"Like hell we will," Kera snarls, all traces of amusement evaporated. She turns to start astrogating a new course to...someplace else when she rather suddenly realizes the charts are all 10 days old. It'll take a damned miracle to get anywhere with them. "Oh, hell." She lets out a really annoyed breath through her nose and taps out a quick and dirty course to Corellia, checking the rough time for the jump. "That cannot possibly be right. It's gotta be these damn charts." She turns back and glares out the viewport as she steers the ship to the indicated coordinates.

"Okay, we can't get out of this. Our stupid charts are too old. And they'll probably find us wherever we go anyway and blow us up. Not my idea of a good time. Flick, tell them we have minimal cargo and won't need to drop anything to accommodate that many people, and that we need fresh charts. Corran and Daine, we gotta get that freaking torpedo launcher covered, moved, or something. You have until we land. I'll fly slow. It'll be a stretch, but somehow, I'll manage."

30. - Top - End - #240

Right captain I'm on it. Corran Quickly goes to the latter and slides down the rails to the deck below, once his feet hist the deck Corran shouts Daine help me move the Torpedo launcher out of site, Trill we need some thing to cover the torpedo launcher with. Corran with the others help he moves the launcher to back of the bay to one side where he coves it and if there's time he'll move some of the other salvaged components on and around the launcher to help disguise it. Once done he heads back up to the bridge and says, It's done captain.

Character links