New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: First Try [IC]

1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: First Try [IC]

Elroy
    I'm afraid that in my current state, I won't be much use in an attempt to lead, or even follow the party. I placed the blindfold back over my eyes, as I approached the more lighted area. Leto, if you would be so kind, could you lead the way? I'm afraid of running into various trees, and tripping over roots along the way, so if you could be so kind, could you... perhaps... my face turned a slight shade of red, which I could feel, and so I attempted to hide. hold my hand, as to lead me through this forest?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    But of course. I would be willing to help anyone in need.
    She gently grasps elroy's hand and helps guide him along following the directions on the map. After about 10 minutes she says, I think this building in front of us is what we are looking for
    There is a small structure, made of some beams of iron holding up some steps that run up to a small building that has a number of rooms sticking off of it, at some very odd angles.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lee walked along with them, looking warily into the forest as they traveled. Nature must be respected, thought Lee, even by those who embrace it.

As Lee and his friends approached the building. "Let's hope they are friendly," Lee said in response.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

4. - Top - End - #124

Elroy
    I attempted to hide a small grin of glee the entire walk to the barracks. Upon reaching our destination, I came to a possible realization. I placed my hand upon my brow in an attempt to block out the sun enough to remove the blindfold, while my eyes remained shadowed from the sun. This... is quite the sight to behold. I am struck by curiousity as to the reasoning behind the unusual ways the various rooms are jutting out...

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Lee sees out of the corner of his eye a small shadow moving behind them, it looks to be a small humanoid.

6. - Top - End - #126

Lee paused at the sight of the motion. He carefully tapped Elroy on the shoulder, trying to do so in a manner that didn't seem obvious to anyone watching.

Don't look now, Elroy and Leto," muttered the ranger, "but I don't think we're alone." He gave a subtle jerk of his head in the direction he had seen the humanoid from.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

7. - Top - End - #127
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    Leto whispers Do you want me or you to flush him out. Let us spread out to see who this is.
    Leto steps to the side slowly attempting to hide in the shadows of the woods.
    Last edited by Iudex Fatarum; 2008-05-25 at 10:53 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zirg
    Zirg jumps up when he sees Leto, shouting at her:
    Hey you! Yeah, you, with the mark of Ehlonna. I won't do anything to you, i'm just looking for a wizard.
    A man in the town told me to look around here. Have you seen him? His name is Elroy.

9. - Top - End - #129

Elroy
    My left eyebrow raised in interest when I heard my name among his words. Quietly, I adressed Leto and Lee. I vaguely recall this fellow. I believe he was among my classmates. I looked up at small fellow who had just called out to me. Hail, fellow caster. Sarg, was it? Maybe Zorg? In any case, what message do you carry with you? It appears to be of much urgency. Please, speak.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    Who are you and what do you want with this "Elroy"? I may have heard of him. But I do not support evil coming to any. Leto speaks as she slowly walks to this stranger, circling him so that Lee and Elroy are flanking him.

11. - Top - End - #131

Elroy
    Dear Priestess, rest easy. He is not here to harm us, I will stake myself upon this fact. I turned to Zorg (or, at least, I thought that was his name) I am Elroy. What news do you carry, fair gentleman.

12. - Top - End - #132

Zirg
    You're Elroy? Do you remember the school we trained at? Maybe you also can remember me, Zirg? Probably not, since i ran away...
    I come with news from the head of the school, they've found out who murdered your parents.

13. - Top - End - #133

Elroy
    Zirg! That was it! I did a facepalm. Of course I remember you Zirg. But wait, you say they... they found out the... My eyes began to well up in tears. The stupid caster who... I broke down, and collapsed on the ground, sobbing madly. About a minute later, I regained enough of my composure to stand up, and look back at Zirg. Who was it? Where is he? Can we defeat him? Is he very strong? Tell me everything!

14. - Top - End - #134

Lee

Lee watched his friend talk to the stranger, warily at first, until Elroy suddenly dropped to the ground. Unsure of what to say, Lee watched the wizard grieve. Elroy had never mentioned his parents to Lee before, and now he knew why.

This is obviously important to Elroy, Lee thought as the wizard rose with determination. If you need my help, Elroy, I'll do what I can."
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2008-05-27 at 11:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135

Zirg
    I do not know who did it, plautus just told me they've found a person who knows who killed your pa... zirg stopped, and began to think. Did it, said he, finishing the sentence, as he saw that Elroy cried.
    The only thing i know, is that Plautus told me to haste. A man named Taurius knows who did it.
    Last edited by insecure; 2008-05-28 at 07:24 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136

Elroy
    As the tears began to thin, I looked incredibly solumn. Thank you, Zirg, thank you. I stopped. I believe I had some thinking to get done. Finally, my chance for revenge is at hand. That stupid sorcerer will pay for what he did to me all those years ago... Yes, the time is soon that I shall finally... wait, do I want this fellow to die? No! Not at all! After what he's done to me, death would be too good. I'm sure that the magic school will have appropriate... tools, for teaching this person to misuse magic. He'll regret the day he readied that magical burst in my house... Little did I realize that while I thought I was speaking, in fact, I was standing silently, with a very solumn look upon my face.

17. - Top - End - #137

Zirg
    By the way, where were you going? Maybe i could follow you for a while? It seems like i have nothing else to do.

18. - Top - End - #138

Elroy
    I looked up from my thoughts. At her request, I made a gesture towards Leto we're investigating the mysterious corruption of the forest, and attempting to reopen the road to the shrine. Right now, we're in the process of investigating what used to be the baracks that once held the guardians of this forest. Do you happen to know anything about those who once lived here? I paused for a moment. Oh, how rude of me. You are quite welcome to join our quest. Upon hearing myself say the word "Quest", I returned to my thoughts, and lost focus in the world around me.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

If you would like I could join you Elroy, any person who kills others deserves to be brought to justice. Let us go into these barracks for now though.

20. - Top - End - #140

"I second this," Lee said. "I'll be happy to help you, but we might as well explore this building first."

21. - Top - End - #141

Elroy
    I felt the tears welling back up in my eyes. I pulled Zirg, Leto, and Lee into a big hug, and just kind of sobbed for awhile. Thank you guys... so much. After about a minute, I began to regain my composure, and I let them go and backed up a bit. Dispite that I sort of want to set out on such a quest right away, we are on one as we speak, as you, Leto and Lee, have suggested. Anyway, this curiousity is getting the better of me. Let's explore this building!

22. - Top - End - #142

Zirg
    Zirg pushes himself away from Elroy, while he says:
    Let's get on. I don't want to wait here all the day.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto pushes the door open everyone sees a mostly empty building with some dust and with some stairs and doors in the room, it looks like a mess hall, its got a series of tables running along the length of the hall.

24. - Top - End - #144

Lee slipped into the building, looking around as he entered. He listened carefully, eyes scanning the inside of the building as he tried to glean information.

25. - Top - End - #145

Zirg
    As Zirg enters the room, he begins to speak some words, while he draw a simple pattern in the air with his hands, and begins to scan the room.

(OOC: Zirg uses detect magic, looking for magical auras. If he finds an aura, he will begin to inspect it further.)

26. - Top - End - #146

Elroy
    I lightly touch the door, which squeaks in a loud mannor as it swings the remainder of the way open, and smacks against the wall, making a loud bang. I blush nervously. Oops... I was preoccupied thinking about my grande entrance, so, without realizing it, I only took a quick glance around the room. My ears were still ringing from the crash, as well, so I didn't hear anything. I turned to Zirg. Hey, Zirg... do you get as funny a feeling as I do? I already used my magic sensing ability for today, do you believe you could use yours, if, in fact, you've readied it today? Upon the conclusion of my request, I turned my eyes back to the room, and noticed a table in front of me. That was not there a minute ago.... I tried to refocus and start searching, but the fact that a table had just appeared in front of me kept bothering me, and I never really got started.

(OOC: Zirg, I know you casted your Detect Magic Spell. I'm just putting emphasis on the fact that my rolls bit it, so I didn't notice you cast it.)

27. - Top - End - #147

Zirg
    Zirg jumps up when he hear the door slamming into the wall, loosing the concentration needed for maintaining his detect magic, while he curses in gnomish.
    Why won't you even try to be silent? I've lost the concentration i needed for the spell now.

Zirg picks up a stone from the floor, speaks some words, and suddenly, the stone begins to glow, shedding light as if it where a torch.
    Now we can see something again. I've found a orange glow on the centers of the tables.
    Try, just try, to be silent now, when i cast the spell again.

By the way, i don't waste my time "preparing" spells.

(OOC: Zirg casts light and detect magic)

28. - Top - End - #148

Elroy
    I stared at Zirg quizically for a moment. What do you mean you don't "Prepare" spells? The only way in the world to use proper arcane magic is to... Wait, Zirg... what were those motions and words of yours? They seem... slightly wrong. And yet, you seem to still see the magic present... What an odd preculiarity... Oops. Sorry. I quieted myself down, remembering that Zirg needed to focus. I sat as quietly as I could for a moment, trying to remember the purpose of "orange". I quietly pulled out my spellbook, and began flipping through the pages. I reached the page describing Detect Magic, and I thought for a moment as I stared at the page. Why would there be traces of Evocation in the center of this room? It must've been a spell... what has happened to these poor people...?
    Last edited by drengnikrafe; 2008-06-07 at 11:48 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Leto
    Leto walks over to a table, she looks closely at one of the candlesticks. She also picks up a small stones and mutters quietly, she then touches the stone in turn with her silver unicorn horn. Each of them begins to glow brightly. She walks over to Elroy, You should know, trying to read in this poor of light will hurt your eyes. Here, use this. she says as she hands Elroy her stone. She then starts muttering the same thing again and touches her silver horn to her morningstar.

30. - Top - End - #150

Zirg
    Hmm...
    Zirg waves his hand, and the candle begins to soar in midair. After waving one more time, the candle begins flying toward him, until it hovers right in front of his face.
    Zirg begins to cast another spell on the candle, while he inspect it.

(OOC: Zirg uses mage hand, assuming the candle isn't too heavy. If it is, he'll walk over to the table and pick it up. The other spell is an identify)
    Last edited by insecure; 2008-06-08 at 04:05 PM.