Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 871
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground
     
    wxdruid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jump Ring Heaven

    Default The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    The night is cold and recent adventures have left you without companions. Here, at the Inn of the Green Wind, you seek further glory and adventure. This night, however, you find neither. Just a bard composing tales.

    He pulls out a pipe and lights it, sending ribbons of smoke to the rafters of the inn. Pictures appear within the smoke, weaving an intricate story of a lamp that flames eternal. As you sit enthralled, your head begins to throb and your body goes numb. Tunnel vision sets in and just before unconsciousness claims you, a woman’s voice echoes clearly in your mind, “Now you shall have your vengeance my love.”

    Waking, you find yourself sitting in a dark, rank, rat infested cell. Strangely, you cannot remember what landed you in this find predicament. You hear the sharp sounds of metal boots descending a spiral staircase just outside your dungeon cell. The cell door unlocks and bright light streams in, blinding you. A loud voice orders you to step out. “We have work for you.”

    JackTR69 - Erisae
    TKDfirefly - Viktor Getelict
    oliana0 - Ela Peacemonger
    dariathalon - Albert (Albie) Moore
    Akiata - Ellenor Carnesîr
    Pwenet - Gike Witchcutter
    The_Snark - Alexis Levantre
    Lex-kat - Belle Thorngage

    Surrounded by twenty or so guards, you are marched to a large courtroom. A large man in black and green sits upon an elegant throne; a woman cloaked in red and black stands at his side. She looks you over, coldly. The large man stands and speaks, “I am lord Bayne and this is Kylira. I care not how you came to be in my cells. But, rather than have you rot in my dungeons, I have a need for your skills. I require the wick from the Ever-Burning Sapphire Lamp of Myul Tohlan. You need only to extinguish its flame and return it to me. If you do this, I shall grant you freedom. I might even reward your efforts if you are quick about it.”

    The lady removes two rings from her left hand. With incomprehensible words, the rings grow to eight feet in diameter. The circles begin to spin and wobble on the same axis. A bright flash comes from the center and reveals a large temple. You see a large pile of familiar equipment, on the other side.

    ((Please describe your character and what he or she will do.))

    The Temple of the Eternal Flame OOC
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2009-02-11 at 07:12 AM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Hearing the cell door open Gike opens one eye before grumbling and rolling back over. His short dwarven frame is covered with series of old scars with his dark black hair and beard traced with a few lines of gray.

    "Let me sleep lads. This bed is free and comfortable."

    After being "persuaded" by several kicks and punches that it is time to let housekeeping get to work, Gike is escorted into the courtroom, scratching his long beard and muttering to himself. After the lord gives his speech Gike shakes his head.

    "Well about time! There are easier ways to get me to do a job for ye. Thank ye overpriced whore for the light show."

    Turning towards the portal Gike walks towards it and smiles happily when he sees the equipment on the other side of the portal, including one well-worn greataxe.

    "I come to you Winona! Daddy will give you some heads to slice open!"
    Last edited by Pwenet; 2008-04-07 at 07:41 PM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JackTR69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Erisae slowly gets to his feet as the cell door opens, willingly being led by the guards. He knows that it is not yet his time to escape. His body lean and powerful, he is constantly surveying the room with his deep dark eyes. His hands fidget constantly, with no handle of a blade to rest on. After listening to the speech, he replies:
    Yes my lord, it will be as you command.
    He knows that he can not escape from here, and sees opportunity in the curved and jagged dagger that lies on the other side of the portal atop a shadowy cloak. In those tools of the assassin, he will again find his purpose.
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2008-04-07 at 09:53 PM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Albie Moore

    Albie stands in front of the court a man in his early twenties, though his difficult life over the last few years give him the appearance of someone quite a bit older. Most would overshoot a guess at his age by at least 10 years. He wears a colorful robe that is indifferently clean and has been patched in many places. He is of average to large build (6' and almost 200 lbs.). He has a round face with large blue eyes and a bulbous nose. He has short black hair on his head and a bushy black beard.

    Just a few short minutes ago he would have been found in his cell, trying to while away the hours by repeating old stories over and over to himself, while pacing back and forth in the limited confines, desperate to have something to do. When the guards came to get him, he eagerly followed. Even though from his perspective he'd only been there for a little while he was already bored with it.

    He turns to Lord Bayne and says, "If you'll tell me all you know about this object, I'll gladly do what I can to help you. Being in that cell is drivin' me nuts, as the pirate said about the steering wheel on his groin." He laughs at his own joke, even if no one else does. "So what is there to know about this Lamp? A description, a location, how we might go about extinguishing something that is everburning, anything might help."

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    Ela was about to sing a song when she felt woozy. "Woah, man, I'm totally tripping. Not. Cool. Vengeance? Harsh."

    Waking up somewhere she doesn't remember being is not all that uncommon for Ela, but smelly and rats were rare. "The Man, man. I've been caught by the Man. That's so uncool. I don't remember doing anything wrong this time."

    Ela contemplates putting up a peaceful protest, but she can't find any chains or other people to lock arms with, so she trudges along down the hall to the rest of the folks involved.

    Ela turns to whomever she is standing next (not a guard) and says, "I've been drafted. Can they do that?"

    Turning to the guy speaking, "Oh, and if it's an Ever-Burning Flame, how is one supposed to extinguish it? Totally reminds me of a song."

    This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
    This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
    This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine.
    Let it shine, let shine let it shine!
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Unaccustomed to being treated in such a manner, Elle is none too impressed with her captors. Thinking it over serves to get her more and more infuriated, and she has worked up such a temper when the guards come and collect her that she spits in the face of the first one throught the door. She then insists that none shall lay their "filthy paws" on her, but complies with their orders and marches to the coutroom as defiantly as possible.

    When she comes face to face with this alleged "Lord" Bayne, and his flusey-sidekick Kylira, she lays on them the evil-est of evil eyes, pouring hatred and fury into every glance.

    However.

    When her glance catches sight of her gear through the portal, her mood softens at the thought of being reunited with it. Although she does her level best to give the impression of disgust at the audacity of these theiving miscreants.

    And actually, the opportunity to plunder a temple is rarely presented in such a straight-forward and effortless fashion, and pragmatist that she is, Elle finds this to be to her satisfaction.

    She takes a step forward to the portal and asks, "How will we get back? Will this portal remain?"
    Last edited by Akiata; 2008-04-09 at 04:51 AM.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Viktor

    Suddenly awken from the banging of cell doors, Viktor wipes his face and clears the sand in his eyes. A little early for me to get up. Thankfully they gave this back to me. He looks happily at the ring on his left hand as he slowly sits on his cot. Without a thought, his eyes glow with power for a few seconds. Now, let me think of who influenced my dreams. First, I had an epic and bloody escape from this god-forsaken prison. That must have been you. Of course it was me. You know you liked it. The destruction, the death, the absolute power. But then you lost your infuence. I distinctly remember helping a village from a threat for free. You are most welcome of that happy dream. I know it is one of your favorites. While these thoughts and similar happen, the guards approach his cell and see a weathered but strong mage arguing with invisible foes. One calls from the opened door, "We have work for you." This does not distract Viktor from his conversation.

    One guard goes in and gives Viktor a good knock and repeats the message. This time it works, maybe a little too well. He looks up quickly with a burning desire to give retribution to that hit. Energy (a mix of shadows and green) forms in his right hand. However, Viktor shakes his head and the power disappears. He quietly stands and lets the guard lead out of his cell. As the guard passes him, a soft "Thank you" comes from Viktor.

    After listening to the directions from Lord Bayne and the other prisoners comments, Viktor looks directly at the couple. Forcing his voice to remain slow and controlled, he answers, "I will do whatever you ask. I just want my equipment back. Some of it is old while others is new. Either way they are a part of me and I want to feel whole again." The emotions that Viktor was experiencing were just barely able to escape. There was an obvious amount of anger and joy on seeing his supplies. However, there was also a very subtle hint of sadness and relief. So subtle that only a person looking for them would be able to tell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Every morning Viktor activates the Devil's Sight invocation. It allows him darkvision of 30 ft in normal and magical darkness. It lasts for 24 hrs.
    Last edited by TKDfirefly; 2008-04-09 at 08:13 AM.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground
     
    wxdruid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jump Ring Heaven

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    The first two enter the portal...no one laughs at the joke.

    Lord Bayne stares disdainfully at the rest of his prisoners, The portal will remain, if you finish your task. The lamp is a sapphire lamp and I must have the wick. How you extinguish it is your problem. Either go through the portal or go back to the dungeon.

    The guards watch the prisoners, ready to bodily shove them through the portal if they refuse.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Viktor

    Without any help from the guards, Viktor walks through the portal. Yes grab your stuff and leave forever, never to return. What are you doing? Trying to get him killed? Stay with the group. Do not be a pansy. Leave them and fend for yourself. SHUT UP BOTH OF YOU! I am staying with them. Not because I think I have a responsibility but because I want knowledge and power.

    Once through, Viktor gathers only his supplies. There was a thought of taking more but that was quickly surpressed. Caringly, he returns everything to where he likes them. He dons a chain shirt that seems to be made of shadows if anyone looks at it long. It seems to blend perfectly with his mage robes. He opens up his backpack and quickly pulls out a cloak and ring. He slips the ring on his right hand and puts the cloak on. Pulling a worn morningstar and dagger from the backpack, he attaches them to his belt. Finally, he closes his pack and slings it on underneath the cloak. A slight grin appears on Viktor's face. There. Now I am ready. Ready to kill. Ready to help. I am ready for both of you to LEAVE ME BE!

    Looking back through the portal, Viktor calls, "Are you coming? Because I know that I will need help no matter what the dangers are."
    Last edited by TKDfirefly; 2008-04-09 at 10:11 PM.
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    "Woah, man. Calm down. Can't go making decisions about walking through random portals in just a few seconds." Ela stares into space for a moment, then shrugs, "Yeah, sure, why not? Should make a good story."

    Ela walks distractedly to and then through the portal. She makes it about halfway before she starts singing a somber song with a slight twang to her voice.

    How many roads must a man walk down
    Before you call him a man?
    Yes, 'n' how many seas must a white dove sail
    Before she sleeps in the sand?
    Yes, 'n' how many times must the cannon balls fly
    Before they're forever banned?
    The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind,
    The answer is blowin' in the wind.
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-04-09 at 11:05 PM. Reason: formatting
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Albie

    Albie seems a little put off at first by the Lord's harsh response, but eventually shrugs his shoulders. Why do I feel like I'm about to make a big mistake? He says the portal will remain if we complete the task. Why do I want to come back anyway? There doesn't seem to be much for me here except a dank little cell and one Lord Bayne who seems a little big for his britches. Oh well, anythings gotta be better than that little cage. He begins moving toward the portal, "Fine, whatever. You don't want to give us the information we'll need to do what you want us to. Cross your fingers and hope we're able to succeed then," he says a little sarcastically, then proceeds through to the other side.

    Once there, he begins picking up and putting on his gear, starting with a slightly worn-in looking mithral breastplate. He slips a tabard on over top of it, mostly hiding the breastplate from view. He digs down into the backpack that was laying in the same pile, withdrawing a few items and tucking them into his clothing for easier access before slinging it over his shoulders. Then picks up a few weapons from around his feet, a shortbow, a morningstar, a pair of daggers, and a spear. Last he reaches over his shoulder, "Can't forget this," he says and withdraws from his backpack a small silver mask on a silver chain that he places around his neck. He looks around at the others, waiting for someone to say something.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JackTR69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Erisae dons his dark cloak wordlessly, and slips on a pair of shadowy black boots. He carefully straps on a chain mail shirt, which seems to make very little noise for it's type of equipment. He puts on a belt, tucking a wicked curved dagger into it's sheath. He straps on a thin and worn backpack underneath his cloak, you can't even see it once it's on.

    He looks around the room he is now in, and looks back to make sure he can still go back through the portal.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    With a shrug, Elle wordlessly saunters through the portal, toward her gear.

    She dons an unremarkable and worn black headband, a nice pair of doeskin gloves, and an obviously magical belt. She buckles a shortsword to her right hip and a quiver of arrows to her left. Finally, swinging a beat up old backpack onto her shoulders, she arms herself with a shortbow.

    Apparently eager to go, she takes a good look at the temple, trying to get an idea of what she might be in for.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "spot check" - (1d20+9)[2](11), should that be appropriate.

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground
     
    wxdruid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jump Ring Heaven

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    You find that all of your belongings are all accounted for.

    As you finish you realize you are standing before a large pyramid covered in thriving vines and underbrush. At best guess the pyramid rises 300 feet high. The whirling of the magical rings still spin behind you. Closer observation reveals a large number “6” near the top of the pyramid. Many steps lead to the top from all sides.

    As Elle wanders around the Temple she spots a vine covered dais on the eastern side.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Elle

    Looking around, Elle spots the dias. "Intriguing..."

    Keen to investigate, she politely waits until everyone appears to be kitted out and ready and then pipes up:

    "There's some sort of dias over here - let's check it out."

    With that, she turns and starts for the dias but stops dead and turns back, a sheepish grin on her face. "Uh, I'm guessing we're all strangers here... I'm Elle. She inclines her head slightly, by way of a greeting. I suppose you might say I'm good at getting to things and places that are tough to get to. And I've also some arcane tricks up my sleeve."

    "Who are you folks?"

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JackTR69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Erisae walks by Elle, paying little attention to her "speach" to the party.
    Erisae pays little attention to the other party members, heading towards the dias alone.

    Spot and Listen checks
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (d20)[9]+4
    Listen: (d20)[6]+3
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2008-04-11 at 05:29 AM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    TKDfirefly's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    In a world gone mad
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Viktor

    Following the group over to the dais, Viktor barely pays attention to Elle talk of introduction. He turns to her and quietly says, "Viktor" with a nod. Then he turns his attention back to the dais. This is very interesting. I wonder what its purpose was or is. After a second, a shocked look appears on Viktor's face. I think they have finally left.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Spot - (1d20+1)[13]
    Listen - (1d20+1)[20]
    Knowlegde (arcana) - (1d20+10)[11]
    Mal: "Well they tell you: never hit a man with a closed fist. But it is, on occasion, hilarious."

    My Charater:
    Theodore Maxwell Rosenberg

    Thank you Caracol for my avatar.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    Ela pauses on the other side of the portal, glancing back. "Woah, man. Far out. I gotta get one of those. Don't know where I'd put it though."

    "Ah, my meager possessions. Let us continue our trip through the world together, whatever this world is." Ela picks up her stuff and slips into her stuff.

    As Elle introduces herself, Ela replies, "No way! My name is Ela. Freaky!"

    Ela looks around the place and tries to remember if she ever heard any stories about the area, or what she's looking for today.

    Spoiler
    Show

    It always seems like I shouldn't know the outcome of a knowledge roll.
    Bardic Knowledge +10
    History +11
    Local +11
    Geography, Nature, Arcana, Nobility, Religion +4
    And Dungeon +4, but that doesn't seem to apply, yet.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Albie

    Albie looks around the group, taking a deep breath to stretch his lungs and then letting it out slowly. He smiles and nods to the others. "Name's Albie Moore. Pleased to meet ya." He looks at the man dressed in black who has already started wandering toward the dias, Friendly sort, that one. She seems nice though, should be fun having her around, he thinks turning his attention to Ela.

    "Guess we're going this way," he says. He takes a moment to adjust the straps on his backpack one more time and begins moving around to get a better look at the dias, following the direction Erisae went. He uses his spear as a walking stick while he moves.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Since it seems to be the en vogue thing to do, here are some rolls. I don't know which knowledges are appropriate so I rolled the whole slew of them.

    Spot (1d20+7)[25]
    Listen (1d20+7)[13]
    Knowledges
    -Arcana (1d20+8)[12]
    -History (1d20+4)[5]
    -Local (1d20+6)[23]
    -Religion (1d20+11)[20]
    -Planes (1d20+4)[8]
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-04-11 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Forgot to add color for speech.

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    OldWizardGuy

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    New York State
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Emerging from the portal Gike grunts and stretches. Joining the others in gathering his belongings he smiles as he picks up Winona, his Greataxe.

    "Ah Winona. Did those evil people hurt you? Don't worry, we will bathe you in blood."

    Smiling he puts on his armor and makes sure that his beard is free and loose before turning and looking at the environment and the others.

    "I'm Gike Witchcutter. I cut things. Now since they said they would pay us can we get started and throw me at the enemy?"

    He then follows the others, keeping an eye out for trouble.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    wxdruid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jump Ring Heaven

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    The sounds of birds resumes after everyone finishes gathering up their belongings. Occasionally the rustle of a small animal can be heard, but it doesn’t sound like anything is going to jump out and grab you.

    Ela remembers a small tidbit she overheard in the inn…Lord Bayne had a fight with someone powerful, that someone retreated to a Temple. The two people in the inn didn’t know who or what, only that he lost his daughter in that fight. Otherwise not much is known about this Temple.

    As several party members move around on top of the dais Albie realizes there are numbers under the vines, he finds the number 3. It looks like there are more numbers underneath the vines.

    There is no obvious door into the pyramid in front of you, regardless of how much you search.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    Ela thinks back to the story of the lost daughter. "Oh, the Lord lost his daughter in a fight with someone in the Temple! The temple! That reminds me of a song." Ela looks like she is about to sing, when she notices everyone searching.

    "Do you need some help?"

    "In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine
    Dwelt a miner Dwarf no finer,
    And his daughter Clementine

    Oh my darling, oh my darling,
    Oh my darling, Clementine!
    Thou art lost and gone forever
    Dreadful sorry, Clementine"


    Spoiler
    Show

    Inspire competence to anyone that can hear her.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JackTR69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    "Lets clear these vines out of the way and find what other numbers are written here."
    Erisae begins to cut the vines away from the dias with his dagger.
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2008-04-12 at 06:12 PM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Albie

    When Gike introduces himself, Albie thinks "Well, gotta respect a man who knows his place in this world. Even if it seems to be only throwing himself at things and slashing them to ribbons."

    After making his way up to the dias, Albie responds to Erisae, "Ha, a fine idea! There are indeed other numbers here. I have found the number 3!" He turns back to the vines and begins searching under them for whatever else may be hidden beneath them.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+7)[25] +? from Ela's song. I don't know the exact bonus for sure, so I didn't include it.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    wxdruid's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Jump Ring Heaven

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    As Erisae steadily cuts away the vines and Albie assists him, they find that the dais looks like a giant clock. In addition to the number 3, they find 2,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 10. Where the numbers 1,11 and 12 are missing is a cutout shape like a “U”. As Albie continues his search he finds that it might be possible to shift or turn the dais?

    Remember, there is a large number 6 at the top of the pyramid.

    ((If someone wants to try moving it, roll a strength check for me))
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2008-04-14 at 06:16 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    JackTR69's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Dwarf, do you think you could turn this to six for us?
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    "That's a far out idea man. I would have turned it so that the numbers that are selected add up to 6. Like, so, 1, 2, and 3. Because that would be cool."

    One, two, three, four,
    Come on, baby, say you love me,
    Five, six, seven times.
    Eight, nine, ten, eleven,
    I'm just gonna keep on counting
    Until you are mine.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    MindFlayer

    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    London

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Elle

    Raising her eyebrows at the brusque reactions of some, Elle returns greetings to those who actually bother to greet her. "At least they're not all social rejects," she thinks as she blows away some of her hair has fallen across her eyes.

    Trying to make sense of the dias and the numbers, Elle casts around for any other numbers she might be able to spot. Is there any thing immediately opposite the "six" on the pyramid behind them for example? How large is the pyrmaid - if it would only take a few rounds, Elle will hustle around to the other side of the pyramid to check there. Any longer than 4 rounds though, and she'll wait to see if the dias can be shifted.

    Spoiler
    Show
    "spot" - (1d20+9)[17](26)

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    ClericGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    USA

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Albie

    Albert stands back listening and thinking deeply about the puzzle in front of them. Interesting. This should be fun, he thinks. While the ideas begin to bubble in his mind, he decides to keep quiet for the time being. Too many chefs spoil the stew. I'll wait to see how the ideas already mentioned pan out before sharing any more.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Barbarian in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas! *Texas! *Yee Haw!
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

    Ela

    Ela switches tunes, but keeps singing.

    If I could save time in a bottle
    The first thing that I'd like to do
    Is to save every day
    'Till eternity passes away
    Just to spend them with you.

    If I could make days last forever
    If words could make wishes come true.
    I'd save every day like a treasure and then,
    Again, I would spend them with you.


    Spoiler
    Show

    Inspire competence for strength roll? Worth a shot.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •