New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Temple of the Eternal Flame IC

Now that she's out of her ropes, you can see that the Halfling is a very pretty young woman. Her black and purple striped hair looks as if it had been a rats nest. She is frowning, as she puts her stuff back on.

Then she looks up at her "savior" and smiles. Thanks for your help. I wasn't sure if they'd ever look away long enough to get free. So I owe you.

I'll stick around at help out, at least until I've paid my debt. There is no question in her eyes.
    She means every word she says.

She then pulls up her crossbow, which instantly begins to burn, and follows the dwarven barbarian back in. Putting out the Flaming Crossbow before entering. Payback time.

Spoiler
    Show
    Belle will take any open shot, at the first firenewt she sees.

Attack (1d20+11)[13] no penalty (Precise Shot).
    Damage (1d3)[2]

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Alexis

Alexis nods agreement with the other woman as she stretches, shaking her head in a quick no to the man who asks if she was injured. Now that she's no longer tied up, it's easy to see she's fairly pretty, even with hair disheveled. Maybe striking would be a better word; right now, her blue eyes look very determined. "Thank you. I'm not usually this helpless myself-" She follows along with a determined stride, raising her hands and flinging a quartet of glowing white points past Jezebelle and the dwarf into the nearest visible enemy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Magic Missile. Damage (4d4+6)[21]
    Avatar by GryffonDurime. Thanks!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

As Ela leaves the room, 2 of the firenewts are beginning to come around, their minds are still a bit fogged, but they begin to slowly advance towards the door and don’t make it very far before they’re met with force. They are woefully unprepared for what they’re going to encounter…

Ela prepares to attack with her bow. When she sees Gike prepared to walk in and slice and dice them, she manages to get in one shot to soften them up. She fires at #2 and (unfortunately) misses him by a mere hairsbreadth.

Gike confronts them at the door and he’s pleased to note that they’ve lined up for him. How nice of them… He slips into a rage and goes for the first firenewt. He raises his axe and swings, (attack (1d20+11=25), damage (1d12+5=7), extra (1d8=5)) dealing a total of 12 damage, the firenewt stops in surprise and pain, it is severely hurt.

Belle peers around the solid form of Gike, she takes a shot at #3, although she misses as well.

Alexis’ four magic missiles smack right into the third firenewt, it drops right there.

The first firenewt that thought it was going to take a nap realizes something is wrong as Gike attacks the one next to it. He begins to get up so he can defend himself.

Spoiler
    Show

---------- Surprise Round (poor firenewts) ----------

((Surprise actions taken in order of action. Everyone roll your init and take your action for the next round and, The Snark, is there something extra added to the magic missiles to get a +6? If so, please list added effects so I’ll know what they are, thank you. Also, for those of you in the doorway, I put you over what would be two squares so you would have line of sight into the room, but still have some cover.))

Initiative Order

Firenewts (3 of them, #1 is prone, #3 is dead)

((Gike is blue, Albie is red, Ela is purple, Alexis is orange, Belle is light pink/purple))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ela

Ela looks a little frustrated as she thought that arrow would have hit. She quickly draws another out and tries harder to concentrate on using all of her skills to hit her target.

Spoiler
    Show

Aw, shucks. I forgot to add +1 for Point-Blank Shot last round.
    Init - (1d20+1)[17]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[13], Damage - (1d6+3)[6] (Also Precise Shot goodness)

As the arrow rattles over the ground past the newt, Ela proclaims, "Woah, harsh."
    Last edited by oliana0; 2008-09-04 at 10:45 AM.
    I'm not dead. I am also not a walrus.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

((oliana0, I'm willing to switch the attack/damage rolls with your previous post since you forgot the extra +1, that is, if you want me to?))
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.

6. - Top - End - #276

{Doesn't really matter, she'd still miss the prone newt (+4 AC vs. ranged weapons) and that's the only one she could reach. Right?}

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

((The extra damage is from the warmage edge class feature; Alexis gets her Intelligence modifier (+2) as a bonus to spell damage.))

Alexis

Alexis fires another quartet of missiles over Jezebelle's head, stepping out from the cover of the doorway so that she can spread her fire evenly between both of them.

Spoiler
    Show
    #2 takes (2d4+4)[9] damage, #1 takes (2d4+2)[9]. Or, if one of them is dead by Alexis's turn, she just hits one of them with all missiles...

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Albie

Albie decides it is best not to leave Gike alone in the room, so he moves past the women to join him. He thrusts his spear toward one of the firenewts.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+1)[2]
    Move to C6 (through G4, F5, E6, D7)
    Attack #2 (1d20+7)[15], Damage (1d8+3)[5]

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Belle rapidly reloads her crossbow and takes better aim.

Ahhh! "" I can't believe I missed.

Spoiler
    Show

I also forgot my Point-Blank Shot bonus, also.
    Attack (1d20+12)[20]
    Damage (1d3)[1]

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Forgot initiative
    (1d20+4)[17]

11. - Top - End - #281

OldWizardGuy

Seeing the Firenewt cry out in pain Gike smiles at it.

"Cry for Winona! She loves your tears!"

If the first Firenewt is still standing Gike will try to finish it off, otherwise he will shift his attack to the next one still standing.

Last edited by Pwenet; 2008-09-05 at 03:41 PM.
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, right; initiative. (1d20+2)[10]

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Gike attacks #2 intending to finish it off with one quick slice of his axe… (attack (1d20+11=30), damage (1d12+5=7), extra (1d8=8)) and it falls to the ground at Gike’s feet, the firenewt never had a chance to defend itself. He turns to the first firenewt and grins in anticipation. (attack (1d20+11=23), damage (1d12+5=6), extra (1d8=3)) His greataxe finds its mark and wounds the firenewt.

Belle rapidly reloads and fires at the last firenewt (#1) left standing. Her arrow sinks into the firenewt’s shoulder.

Ela fires at the firenewt that just got up and misses as he raises his shield just in time.

Alexis takes aim at the first firenewt as it dodges right into her barrage of magic missiles, it falls back to the floor dead.

Albie moves into the room and realizes the others have already taken care of the small problem.

---------- Round 1 ----------

Initiative Order

Gike 18
    Belle 17
    Ela 17
    Alexis 10
    Firenewts (3 dead ones…)
    Albie 2
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

14. - Top - End - #284

Ela

"Well, that was, uh, cool. Hey, new people! Did that crazy lady make you guys come here too? I'm Ela, by the way."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, Lady Kylira and Lord Bayne, right? Me and Alexis here were sent with two others. We were about to enter the Pyramid, but were attacked by Fire Memphits. They killed the fighter Darious kinda quick, and then Cleft our cowardly wizard ran off quickly after that. Frickin' coward. That left us in a very bad situation.

As luck would have it, they took us captive, instead of killing us.

Belle puts her crossbow away. Oh, and my name Belle. Glad to be of assistance. Now let's get out of here.

16. - Top - End - #286

OldWizardGuy

Jerking his greataxe from the corpse of the firenewt Gike grunts as he looks at the blood soaked weapon. He starts wiping off the worst of the gore on one of the corpses and looks up at the two newcomers. His eyes narrow at Alexis and he looks at Winona with a look of concern before looking back at her.

"Winona says that you are good witch, so I will not cut you! But do not cross me or Winona will drink her fill from your throat."

Turning towards Belle Gike face takes on a more sane look than normal.

"And my name is Gike Witchcutter. I cut witches unless they are good witches. You know of any I can cut, Winona is getting an upset feeling feasting only on the blood of these weak firenewts."
    My DM Reputation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspectre
    I'm good at making you fear the unknown. Pwenet is good at making you fear the known, which had been the unknown five minutes before he pushed you off screaming into the abyss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    I'm feeling this real hard now.
    Curse you, Pwenet. Curse you.... You had my hopes up there...

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

Alexis

"I," Alexis says, stressing the word, "don't cross people." Her voice is sharp, precise, and cultured; aristocratic, in other words. It's also a touch petulant at the moment, although she doubtless thinks of it as indignant. "If you want to talk to a mage who does, you should find our old wizard someday. He didn't know they were going to take us captive instead of kill us."

"Thank you, again, for getting us out of there. Did those two send you on the same mission they sent us? Finding the lamp and bringing the unlit wick back?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, Gike, back off. I've worked with Alexis for a couple of weeks now, she's a dependable mage, not a witch. Belle gives him a frown.

Then looks at the other two, So, we now know the barbarian. And the beautiful Ela. She smiles at Ela and gives her a wink. But you have yet to introduce yourself. Looking at Albie.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2008-09-06 at 02:11 PM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Albie

Albie has been quietly working a spell, then looking over the room with the firenewts and sparing a glance or two at Gike. Is that axe really magic or is the dwarf just nuts? Albie thinks as his eyes scan past Winona.

He leans on his spear in silence until he has learned all he can from his spell. Then he finally introduces himself, "I'm sorry. Of course I mean to introduce myself. My name's Albert Moore, but most people call me Albie. Pleased to make your acquaintance." He smiles warmly.

Spoiler
    Show

Albie is casting Detect Magic, then scanning through the room with the fire newts, pausing long enough to learn all he can as each new aura enters his vision range. As long as he has the spell up, he also looks over the rest of the group, primarily focusing his attention on Winona, trying to determine just how crazy its weilder is.

Some spellcraft rolls for identifying schools of magic, in case they are needed...

(1d20+10)[11]
    (1d20+10)[16]
    (1d20+10)[25]
    (1d20+10)[25]
    (1d20+10)[28]

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

Magic Items per character

Spoiler
    Show
    Ela
    Amulet, backpack, potion bottles, (I believe Ela also has the staff from the locked room)

Gike
    Greataxe, potion bottles

Alexis
    Cloak, gloves, vest, two rods

Belle
    Crossbow, armor, 2 rings, backpack, potion bottles

2 firenewts have a clawed necklace that radiates faint evocation
    Last edited by wxdruid; 2008-09-07 at 03:44 PM.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Belle will go back into the room and start removing anything of value from the Firenewts.

Then she'll look around the room to see if there are any hidden passageways.

Spoiler
    Show

Search (1d20+10)[19]

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Albie

When Albie sees what Belle is doing he calls out to her, "Be careful with those necklaces, but be sure to grab them. I sensed some evocation magic on them." As he waits for her to finish in there, his eyes turn back to the passageway behind them, looking to see if anything might have sensed them starting down that way and come to find out what was going on.

"Well ladies, I suggest we stick together. It sounds like we've all been sent in here under the same mission, and we might as well try to see it through. Given all the dangers down here, it is likely safer to stay as a group."
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-09-08 at 06:47 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Alexis

"Agreed," says Alexis. "There's no sense splitting up if we're going to the same place anyway."

"Ah... which way are we supposed to be going, anyway? All these hallways look alike to me."

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Belle had initially ignored the necklaces, being made of claws, she thought them worthless. But, since he wanted them, she carefully removed them and placed them in a pocket. She then continued her search of the room.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Troll in the Playground

Belle doesn't find any secret passageways. She finds on each firenewt a longsword, chainmail and a shield.

When Belle looks closer at the necklaces, she'll notice that it's a small withered hand.

If you want to search the room please roll another search check, as the other one was for secret doors.

Spoiler
    Show

Everyone is currently in or near room 7. Gike originally went in room 6 and everyone came from the west (with North being up on the map)
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

26. - Top - End - #296

Ela

"I think were were heading that way."

Ela points north and a bit to the west.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

On second thought, Belle DOES NOT pocket the necklaces of the firenewts.

Instead she says, very loudly, EEWWWWW!!! Albie, you can have them.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[25] to search the rest of the room.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

There is a small bag partially hidden underneath a pile of torn and bloodied garments on the western wall. The bag contains a simple-looking masterwork dagger, 10 cp, 20 sp, and 5 gp. There are two plain silver rings and a song written on a piece of paper as well. The song is simple, but those that can read sheet music notice a unique and beautiful melody behind the words. The song tells of a peasant boy wooing a noblewoman. The song is signed by Tor Valon Nightsinger, a bard who was forced into the temple to find the lamp.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

ClericGuy

Albie

Albie goes over to inspect the necklaces closer after Belle's strong reaction. He begins to reach down to pick one up when he notices what it really was. "Oh... Uh... Ew..." he says rather calmly. After pausing for a moment, he reaches down and plucks it off anyway. He holds it by the string, and looks it over from all sides, shrugs, and tucks it in a pocket. He repeats it with the other necklace.

He watches Belle search the room for a moment, then says "Need any help?" Without waiting for a response, he begins poking around too.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+10)[25]

Edit: Oops. Simu-post. Oh well.
    Last edited by dariathalon; 2008-09-09 at 07:38 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300

Ela

"Uh, is that music?"