New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Warlock Heroes - The Equalizers

((Sorry. I was also hesitant to go lethal, but everyone else was...
    I still was going for the net, if in range. I guess it wasn't.))
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa joins the others in examining the unconscious guard. What are these things? Did they use him for experiments or something? The needles could well mean something has been injected in him. And that pin... she removes it from the pocket and holds it against the scarce light. I'd guess it is some sort of identification mark amongst them...whoever they are. She casually tosses it into the air and catches it again. Any takers?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

Luten gives an annoyed look at Clarissa and whispers at her urgently "These are Tactics needles.. and pipe down or do you want to alert his friends!?"

After checking the man and finding him in no immediate danger of dying, Luten goes and checks the doorway the man was guarding. Straining to listen, he tries to make out any noise he could pick up, praying that his comrades will not ruin their stealthy approach.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

The door the man was guarding is to the side opposing the side you entered in. It is a normal door, open, besides a large closed doors. The large closed doors were obviously meant for carts to be pulled through where they could be unloaded in the warehouse. Looking from the open door, Luten sees the central field amidst the three buildings. From that position, he sees that a normal door of the other warehouse on the side facing the fence is located near large closed doors as well. The normal door seems to be barely open and no sound can currently be heard. The door he sees, as well as the door he is currently standing with, are old doors and the four tiny windows set in a square in each of the doors seem to have suffered from time, with some of them being shattered open a long time ago.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa rolls her eyes at Luten's remark but continues with a quieter voice. You see... the idea of a guard is not to post them where the main force is just around the corner. With a short-lived amused smile, she takes a peek through the door herself. That's... inconveniently open. She looks around for any form of building or concealment that could help them cross the distance.
    Last edited by Silkenfist; 2008-05-06 at 04:54 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

There is no concealment for the distance from this door to the currently visible door of the other warehouse or the door visible in the distance to the not-warehouse building. If there is somebody at the windows of the far not-warehouse building, that somebody could see you crossing the distance. However, the distance is short, so if nobody is looking.. an alternative option is to go out this warehouse the way you come in and walk along the outer walls of both warehouses until you reach the back of the other warehouse. Though there the light as notified by the others comes from..

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten checks the outside and, upon not sensing any other living beings, relaxes a bit.

Still, he keeps his voice low as he reports back to the others "Okay, seems like there is no one else outside at the moment. There are more doors leading to the other buildings, one of them slightly ajar. Maybe we should check that one next."

"So, you found anything?"

8. - Top - End - #68
    Firbolg in the Playground

Epsilon sinks through a hole in the roof, shutting off his flight systems, but keeping the flaps open in case a hasty vertical exit is needed. He sidles over to the rest of the group and takes his own peek around the door-frame, not speaking as of yet. Asses the situation first.

Spot: (1d20+18)[8](26)
    My Homebrew
    Five-time champion of the GITP monster competition!

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Epic Avatar and Sigitar by AlterForm
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Epsilon does not see anything else than the others saw. There are no other creatures in sight and none are visible by any windows, though shadows and distance might have made that hard anyway. The path to the barely open door is without concealment, but shorter than walking around.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

"Fine. Let's move on then. Wanna come along?"

Luten waits for his comrades answers, then goes on to sneak up on the not-quite-closed door.

Lycar

11. - Top - End - #71

TACTICS follows, with stealth settings on max.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.

12. - Top - End - #72

Epsilon follows behind them into the room silently, but a soft whine sets him into the air again, following above and behind the group, keeping his eyes open for anything out of the ordinary.

Spot (again): (1d20+18)[18](36)
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:
    Crossroads: the New World: A pathfinder campaign setting about an alternate history of North America, where five empire collide in a magical land full of potential. On the road to publication!

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Liam and Calissa stay behind to cover up the other three who move through the open terrain. They sneak through grass and over the path to the door, which has been mostly overgrown. As they reach the door and listen, they can hear a faint noise from inside, yet it is clear that the noise is faint because it comes from further away. Reaching the door, they again hear some noise echoing through the warehouse and it is obvious that the noise is not nearby, rather to the far end of the warehouse. Meanwhile, Epsilon looks out to see if there is nothing out of the ordinary and he is indeed confident that there is nothing out of the ordinary, it seems like nobody has noticed them yet.

Coming to the door, you can look through the small opening and see a familiar picture. A large room of a warehouse with a lot of racks, garbage and holes in the ceiling. There does not appear to be anybody inside. What is visible is partial light shining on the walls. It is most likely the light from the other end of the warehouse, on the outside, which is shining through the opening of a door or breach there.

If you open the door further, it is obvious nobody is inside - it seems like the only guard is the one the group spotted earlier. The door on the other side of the warehouse leading to the source of light is not visible from here, hidden behind some full racks. A breach in the further away left wall is visible, though. To get to the open door on the other side or look at it, you will have to manoeuvre through the warehouse past boxes and racks. It seems relatively easy, since there is lots of cover.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten checks out what he can see through the door.

"Hm. Seems to be clear. Let us get closer then. Just let me check that door..."

He proceeds to check the upper side of the door, to see if anything is balanced on it, to fall down when the door opens or something. It would be a pretty primitive trap/alarm-system but since they are not in a hurry, it won't hurt to look.

Spoiler
    Show
    Search check +8 please.

Lycar

15. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

There does not seem to be any trap mechanism attached and/or near the door as far as Luten can see. And that while an old, used up bucket is lying on the ground near a rack just a few feet away.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Orc in the Playground

Looks clear. Calissa follows the others swiftly and takes a look at the interior of the warehouse herself. She braces one arm against the wall and lifts a finger. Which way shall we take? she whispers. Through that mess or over the roof?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten considers this for a moment.

"I'll take my chances with the clutter, better to hide behind. But our fliers could as well take advantage of their... flying."

If no other ideas or objections are raised, Luten begins to infiltrate the other building with uncanny speed. He may not be a master of stealth but he doesn't seem to need to slow down much either. It is almost as if this comes naturally to him.

Lycar

18. - Top - End - #78

Epsilon nods to Luten, and goes up once more, hovering over the racks towards the source of the light, but advancing slowly so the rest could keep up on their more winding path through the racks.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

As Epsilon moves up the sky, over the roof, he finds it easy to see the way Luten and Calissa move, due to the holes in the roof. Likewise, Luten and Calissa find it easy to detect Epsilon through the holes, in a way that the three of them are aware of each other without somebody being able to detect them from the open door, further away.

As Calissa and Luten sneak through the warehouse, they see that who ever these people may be, they did not care about this place that much due to all the garbage lying around. Most of it is garbage from when this place got deserted, but a small part of it seems generated by who ever stayed here for a while. While sneaking through the warehouse, they see that to the far right side of the warehouse, there is an office. There are some windows there and a door, but all of them are broken and it is clear nobody is residing there. The way seems free to move towards the door and they discover no real problems. Calissa had to instruct Luten once that he almost stepped on a bottle, while Luten prevented Calissa from stepping in the light in a relatively uncovered area. Eventually, they make their way closer to the door until they can hear and see things. Epsilon, likewise, is now closer so he hears things.

From the area behind the warehouse there comes light. Epsilon can see the light from beyond the warehouse, while Calissa and Luten see it through the door. It is obvious that the light is a campfire, and from it, several sounds can be heard. Mostly laughter and a relatively cheerful mood. Luten can pick up "..did you see how I beat up that old lady?", while Calissa picks up the reply "..lizardfolk was more fun to beat up! Do you remember.." Then all three can hear one of them saying loudly "Anyone want some beer?" This is met with agreement. Luckily, none of them is in danger of being detect, as the man who shouted that stays outside and starts to move to the building to the right. Then, Luten hears: "..wait until.. ..gets back!"

20. - Top - End - #80

Epsilon Balls his fist, but his sentience frame was in conflict with the rigid programming of his sub-processors. The sentience frame wanted to charge in a pound away on these transgressors, but his programs told him simultaneously to wait for an order from his superiors, to find a more advantageous position and blast from there, to try a diplomatic solution, and to collapse the roof on them. Since none was given more priority than the others, he was paralyzed, his body trying to do all at once and succeeding at none.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81

((I was about to respond to Epsilon here, but then I realized he was RPing the pause.
    Anyways, sorry I haven't been as active as I'd like. Freaking blocks thinking that Giantitpgames was a gaming site...
    EDIT: Ahh, forgot the IC stuff for the post.))
    TACTICS looks around to see if there's any angle that he could see into the office from.
    Last edited by Uncle Festy; 2008-05-15 at 06:58 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten decides to stay put for the moment, watching and listening, trying to get a feel for the situation, number of foes, possible angles of attack and such.

You could say, he is stalking the place...

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and listen checks in anticipation of the return of our GM:

Spot: (1d20+7)[16] / Listen (1d20+7)[10]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

As Epsilon was paralysed, TACTICS finds an angle to look nicely in the office, since almost any angle will provide some sight in the office. He just sees the usual garbage there with some racks, though this office also seems to have a chest of drawers. In the mean time, Luten looks and listens, but from the listening he just hears some more laughter and bragging. Using his position to sneak a look outside, he sees at least three from the angle he is currently positioned. They are humanoids and likely humans at that, though he mostly sees a silhouette from here due to the campfire.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa relaxes somewhat. It seems they weren't up against professionals but some ragtag thugs who were just about to inebriate themselves. She looks for routes to the other side of the campfire in order to surround them.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

There are basically four routes to get to the campfire. Go through the door from inside the warehouse, go from the outside of the warehouse on the left side towards the campfire, go from the outside of the warehouse on the right side towards the campfire or move outside towards the line of trees and circle around until you are on the other side of the campfire. Disadvantage is that the tree line is quite far away from the campfire compared to the three other routes, with the warehouse door being the closest to the campfire.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Orc in the Playground

Calissa signals to get away from the campfire before debating plans. When they are safely away from the enemy, she keeps one eye in their direction while whispering to others. Even though their deeds were horrible... I would feel bad about just charging in and risking unnecessary deaths. They might be driven by a disease like a rabid animal that can't control its bite. We can at least give them a chance to surrender. We could split up and send two of us to the treeline and have them approach them with the offer to surrender. Should they refuse to comply, the other three can stand on either end of the Warehouse and the entrance itself to cut off the escape routes.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

Luten nods. "Sounds good to me. Let's do this. Remember that i'm the one with pugilistic training. Let me knock them out if it's all the same to you."

If the rest of the team concurs, Luten will go on and implement the plan.

Lycar

28. - Top - End - #88

"Sounds good. I can net one of them down, if necessary."
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Luten

Luten nods his consent to the others once, then slips out to take the long route along the treeline.

Again, while he doesn't appear to have real stealth training, he moves with a sort of uncanny grace, allowing him to be much quicker while still being reasonably unobstrusive then he ought to have a right to. Maybe it's just inborn talent or something.

Upon reaching the first tree, Luten pauses to gain his bearings. Then he continues to move from tree to tree, untill he is at the agreed position.

Preparing himself for a charge, Luten tries to pick out the most likely prey opponent to strike at.

When the signal is given, Luten emerges from his cover and charges his target, aiming his fist at the hapless foe's kidneys (or other vital point), hammering it home with an almost feral snarl, still being scrupulous about not inflicting lasting harm while incapaciating his quarry.

30. - Top - End - #90

With one of the subprocessors satisfied, he moves into position above the group of transgressors, taking a bead on one of them through the holes in the ceiling. Seeing themselves bested, the rest of the processors shifted into line with the current plan. Aligned, the dearth of processing power made time itself seem to slow. It brought incredible clarity to everything around him. Noting the request for nonlethal, a signal coursed down his arm, and a soft hiss sounded, nearly inaudible, as a plate slid out of the back of his hand, coming down over the leading edge of his knuckles. The hiss continued for a moment as the 'plate' became suddenly not a plate, inflating into a oval-shaped cushion of compressed air that covered all the blunt surfaces of the leading end of his fist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readied action to blast away on one of the targets, nonlethally, should he hear the signal.
    My Homebrew

Current Projects:

Spoiler
    Show