New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Forgotten Realms Game

"Magic items or not, I'm going to go find that coward and the rest of his buddies." He spits on the ground before walking over to the door, and leaning out. "COWARD!" he yells again hoping the half-orc is still close enough to hear him. "You better run as fast as your girly legs can take you!" He almost walks out the tavern, but remembers he left the arrows crafted by his kin at the bar. As hastily as he had decided to chase the orc down he, changes directions back to the bar, and re-straps his quivers and composite bow around his waist.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Halfling in the Playground

"Excuse me. You guys are the largest group of adventurers we've had since the Bhaalspawn and his group passed through here. Perhaps together you could convince Thalantyr to cease his mad experiments. Our town has a blacksmith, and I'm sure he could give you a nice discount for your assistance. And you'll have free drinks from me. We'd offer you gold, but we're not particularly wealthy, aside from one parsimonious penny-pincher."

The barkeep was jovial, but his voice had a touch of nervousness in it, as he'd seen the amazing stength of Aza.
    The above post is Vorpal, enjoy decapitation.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Max

Max leans closer to Quin, "You know Quin, I wondered why the Warders sent us here. Perhaps we're to investigate these strange happenings. What do you think?"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Well free drinks you say. Then keep the five gold for the floor, it's only a couple of boards. That should cover the damages, but I will take you up on a drink." He slides the five gold he dropped on the counter farther towards the barkeep. "If this mage, Thalyentyr, or Thalantyr was it? Well if that's where that half-orc was headed then it's my destination as well." He waits for the barkeep to get his drink before downing it in a couple of successive drinks. He wipes his mouth sets the tankard down and glides over to the mage. "So does that little piece of paper say anything important?"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

"Good grief." she says to herself as she nears the bar. "Is it always this violent around here?"

After taking a sip, she says. "I guess those rumors of things getting enchanted are true... actually I myself have something that must have gotten zapped."

she holds up her hand-crossbow. "This thing can fire magic bolts of energy without getting loaded... and apparently it heals instead of hurts. Though it does seem to drain a bit from me when I use it."

"I know because I ran into a few thugs on my way here... and darned if when I shot them they didn't get healthier than before! Its lucky that I had someone with me, or else they probably would have stolen it."

she stops and then then looks around the room, wondering if she didn't make a mistake telling them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Audious View Post
    Randel, you are a gentleman and a scholar.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Corth was amazed...Didn't these people realise that knowledge was power? Here they were telling everyone what their items did...Corth knew that there were some people in the Gate who would pay quite handsomely for that crossbow. Corth was one of them.

Putting on his best smile - as opposed to his usual scowl - Corth approached Aza. "Looks like you could use some help, friend. I'd gladly go to High Hedge with you, I want in on these magic items I keep hearing about. And who knows, maybe we'll kill some bandits along the way? I'll even pay for your next drink."

Corth smiled a toothy grin. Back home in the Gate, people didn't like it when Corth smiled. But, Corth wasn't in the Gate, and these people didn't know him.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: 'The Gate' is Baldur's Gate
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

7. - Top - End - #37

"Thank you for the help, and drinks are on me tonight, too. I can't tell you how many glasses I've lost to the goings-on of the last month or so. If it helps at all, Thalantyr actually came into town to purchase supplies shortly before this started. Normally, he sends one of those unsettling meat puppets of his. When I asked, he said that he had to be rid of them, as he had been out of town for a while, and didn't want them to go out of control, should an accident activate them. But then he said something very odd. He said that he wouldn't have to worry about the logistics of making golems ever again. I think it had something to do with something he'd found while he was gone."
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 10:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

Pocketing the pearl Malark looks around the assembled people. humm this could work out nicely"well meet then Corth , Aza and seneth was it?sence we seem of like mind why don't we talk over things while we eat.It seems we have much to talk about.

9. - Top - End - #39

The barkeep shouted into the kitchen area, where apparently, there was someone making food.

"I'll have some of our best fare made for you folks, on the house. Hey, you two look like mages. Do either of you know of anything that might make creating golems easier, yet cause things like this? I think Thalantyr may have found something of that sort. Oh, right! There was something else that was very odd. He seemed to be ecstatic, like our town's children are when Elminster passes through. He always has so many toys and sweets, I wouldn't be surprised if he conjured them out of thin air. Er, but that's neither here nor there. Ah, there's your food now. I'm sorry if it's not as good as you might expect up in Baldur's Gate, but my wife takes great pride in making the best of what she has."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

(OOC: Never introduced my character by his name but no biggie I'll do so now, and say it happened before you said that, also is Corth disguised from his character sheet looks?)

Aza looks over at the human addressing him, and offers out his hand "Well, human if drink and blood you want to share then not let me be the one to git in your way. I am Aza Bael, war leader of the Cormanthyrn wood kin." He waits to see if the human takes his offer on the hand shake, before turning to the mage again. "Yes I am Aza., but could you kindly tell me what you just stuffed in your pocket, and what that note said while we're at it?"

(OOC: if Corth accepts his hand shake I'd like to make a spot check against his sleight of hand to notice the dagger concealed in the hand that he shakes with. if the DM doesn't allow it then no problem.)

(1d20+4)[9]

Edit: Yep that roll is gonna fail.
    Last edited by JupiterJazz; 2008-04-10 at 10:18 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41

(DM note: Note that meals will signify moments when XP for minor character actions is meted out, your first gain is given a bonus for it being the first one and having won a fight, making the total... 1000 points exactly, each)

(EDIT: Expect me to hand XP out like candy until level five, so you guys get nice and tough before I run you through a tough dungeon, or rather, run it through you.
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 10:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42

Ah that was a magic trinket useless to thous who do not practice the art.And since it was you and I who took the ruffen down and you cant use it I took it might be useful later on.An the note it seems are friend was an idiot here take a look"he hands him the note.

13. - Top - End - #43

[ooc] so where level 2 now?

14. - Top - End - #44

(Yep. Also, I accidentally misdefined the Pearl of Power. I had thought it stored a spell for later use, but it allows for the recall of a spell once per day. This one is level 1.)
    Last edited by Manofmanychars; 2008-04-10 at 10:33 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

Takes the note from the mage's hands, and unfolds it. He looks it up and down a few times looks in the back of the room at the female Wood Elf, and quickly pretends he can read it, his skin taking an ever redder hue. "Ah, so that's what it said, just a plain old grocery list." He takes a terribly wild guess as he lets out a nervously awkward laugh, and hands the note back to the mage.

16. - Top - End - #46

ahhe takes the note from his handsBut if you look close at the bottom you can see the other notes Malark reads note aloud

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Corth accepted the hand-shake of his new 'friend' Aza and patting him on the back. Corth also placed a silver piece on the bar. Thanks for the help Keeper. Before the bartender could interrupt, Corth quickly added Keep it.
    After all, it always helped to make the locals think you're a 'good guy', maybe one day you'll get yourself in a bind and need a place to hide out. Hood - the real Hood - had taught Corth that. Plus, the silver piece wasn't even Corth's. He'd taken it from one of the drunks he'd passed outside when he walked in.

Spoiler
    Show
    All things I write in Spoiler tags should be considered OOC. Indeed...I never introduced my character either. I'll take it as a slip-up and not have my character narrow his eyes in a "How do you know me?" way, and then gut him whilst he sleeps...

Since I don't know how to roll...I'll roll real dice and get Spot 16 to see if Corth notices Malark pocketing the PoP.
    Sleight of Hand 18+8 = 26...Yeah, you're not noticing my dagger. But the dagger and sword on my hips are plainly visible.
    I'll level-up my CharSheet soon.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #48

Spoiler
    Show
    malark want hiding the pearl

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

He nods appreciatively at the mage giving him a solemn thanks, before nodding back at Corth. Well then if the both of you are coming along then join me in having a seat, we'll discuss our battle plans." He walks over to the biggest table in the room and slides a chair out, and sits down, but not before turning it backwards so his weapons don't get in the way. If anyone else here is in, then come have a seat and a meal with us."

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: if you want to use the board dice just use
    Code:
    [roll]XdXX+X[/roll]
    For example: 1d20+10 [roll]1d20+10[/roll]

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit: Also take note that I don't think you can use it when you edit a post. But we'll test again and make sure.
    [roll]1d20+10[/roll]
    Last edited by JupiterJazz; 2008-04-10 at 11:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Corth already knew his part in the plan; Stay out of sight whilst the others do the heavy lifting. Well, that was his general plan. But a short-tempered guy like Aza surely would notice that. Corth still knew his place, out of sight, out of mind. And plant a well-placed dagger in someone's ribcage when they got too close.
    Still with his toothy smile, Corth said "Well, we're dealing with a Wizard. You know how tricksy that lot is.". Fully realising there were other Wizards in the room, he gave them a wink. They knew he was joking...Right? Or not, he did see one of them pocket a trinket. It was only until he was caught out did he explain himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+2)[14]
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Geez this game moves fast! I'm used to one post per day. I'm not sure I can keep up.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

"Hmmm... I suppose I should join as well. I've a few skills that could help out with this operation." she sits down at the table with the others.

"So, Thalantyr has flesh golems at his command? I don't know much about such things but I think lightning is involved in it somehow."

knowledge (arcana):(1d20+5)[21] (about flesh golems)
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by King Tius View Post
    Geez this game moves fast! I'm used to one post per day. I'm not sure I can keep up.
    (Don't worry, I'm sure you can keep up now that you know.)

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Randel View Post
    Seren

"Hmmm... I suppose I should join as well. I've a few skills that could help out with this operation." she sits down at the table with the others.

"So, Thalantyr has flesh golems at his command? I don't know much about such things but I think lightning is involved in it somehow."

knowledge (arcana):[roll0] (about flesh golems)
    +5 competency for being a Necromancer.

A flesh golem is a ghoulish collection of stolen humanoid body parts, stitched together into a single composite form. No natural animal willingly tracks a flesh golem. The golem wears whatever clothing its creator desires, usually just a ragged pair of trousers. It has no possessions and no weapons. It stands 8 feet tall and weighs almost 500 pounds.

A flesh golem golem cannot speak, although it can emit a hoarse roar of sorts. It walks and moves with a stiff-jointed gait, as if not in complete control of its body.

As for creating one:

The pieces of a flesh golem must come from normal human corpses that have not decayed significantly. Assembly requires a minimum of six different bodies—one for each limb, the torso (including head), and the brain. In some cases, more bodies may be necessary. Special unguents and bindings worth 500 gp are also required. Note that creating a flesh golem requires casting a spell with the evil descriptor.

You do not know the other specifics for creating a Flesh Golem, though you know that one must be skilled in leatherworking and healing to animate one.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Lightning, well I ain't got that at my disposal hopefully our fingerwaggler can handle that, but if it's made out of something as soft as flesh then luck is on our side, I've seen my axe cut through such stuffs a dozen times over, and I don't miss twice." He says as a grin starts to play across his face, he seems to drift off into space for a second possibly imagining past foes or enjoying the thought of slaying the ones that are laid out on his plate now. He snaps to attention a few moments later. He gazes around the table checking the vitals laid out by the barkeep before picking up an especially hearty piece of venison, his table manners matching that as the typical barbarian. What a surprise.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground

Seren

"Well... I know that flesh golems require a few special urgents and magical components to make them... but the primary building material is fresh corpses. I'd say even a particularly frugal crafter would need at least six bodies, all in good condition, to make a single golem. They need plenty of redundant muscles and organs to house the animating energies and that makes them much more dangerous than one first believes."

"So... I would guess he's found himself a way to get some bodies in his possession. Eh, I don't suppose there have been any major missing person reports or cases of tombs being robbed have there?"

Taking a bite from the food on her plate, carefully watching her table manners and sipping from her glass.

"Of course, with power like his, such crude methods would probably be unnecessary. I think I've heard of wizards carving statues of humanoids and using magic to turn them into flesh-and-blood. Naturally the result is a soulless shell. He could just as easily be using rocks to get the flesh he needs for his creations."
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

"Um, about that," The barkeep spoke up, "Thalantyr has always had shipments of criminal remains delivered to him when he needed them. If what you say is true, I'd be more inclined to think he found a way to easily make the unguents or produce the magical energy. But all I know is what I hear from folks like you, so I don't know."

(DM's Note: Most barkeeps have high Knowledge () skills, this one's specialty, due to occaisional talks with Thalantyr and even Elminster, is Arcana, at the phenomenal total of 5)

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Golems? That put a stitch in Corth's plans. They weren't killed so easily. Corth now had to accept that he'd have to work with these...People. The more bodies between him and danger, the better.
    Taking a cue from Serena, he folded his arms in front him and sat quietly. Now that the fun was over, Corth had to think seriously. Losing his toothy grin and settling into a scowl. He had to think. Golems...Powerful Wizards...Corth wasn't pleased. Mostly because it wouldn't be easy.

Corth was pretty sure the clod tearing into his meat wouldn't care how he acted, but he suspected the others would. So, he sat and said nothing. But wondering how Serena knew so much about creating Flesh Golems...
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Quinitich

Amused by the scene, but not needing to lift a finger as it happened so quickly, Quinitich leaves her seat. "I do suppose this is what they had in mind for us, yes."

OOG: changing chat color to sienna. Yes, this moves fast. This will be easier during the day.
    Last edited by Quixotico; 2008-04-11 at 11:31 AM.
    Characters [ Krad | Tinn ]

30. - Top - End - #60

The barkeep had paused, but then he started sharply.

"You aren't thinking he may attack, do you? He's always kept a tenuous peace with adventurers that visit. He makes a living by selling them various magical items. Not to mention the fact that Elminster likes to keep an eye on him, and Thalantyr is too smart to oppose him."