New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 3)

Altair

"Altair Silverbrook, duelist and orator extraordinaire. he says, shaking Lethaniel's hand. "At your service."

"What most people fail to understand is the reason why I tell the tales that I do." he smiles as he goes off on a tangent. "They think that I do this to entertain and to earn some easy coin. Well I assure you that it is in no way easy, and it is not the only reason."

"I do it to inspire and teach. Things such as, 'A small group have the power to change the world', 'Diplomacy can go a long way', and 'To judge a being by their own deeds, not that of their race.'"

"And in spirit of these teachings,"
    his grin seems to grow a little wider, "I must ask if you'd be willing to share a drink with me."
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

"Well Altair I might have a tale or two for you to spread." shaking altair's hand "Seeing that not many of my kind share my spiritual views, I look to spread good will to all the surface dwelling races specifically my cousins for Eilastraee has commanded me to do so. But perhaps this story should be shared over some elvish wine." Waits for Altair to lead to a tavern.

3. - Top - End - #33

Altair

"I know of just the place, too. The Blind Eye!" he gestures, leading the way. "I am meeting some acquaintances there. Hopefully they won't have the reaction that I expect them too."

When they finally make it to the tavern, he enters and sits down at the table with the others. "My friends, this is Lethaniel; far from his home, and looking for work. Lethaniel, this is Rasta and Vardin." he gestures to each of them. "Also far from home."

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

taking another puff on his pipe he follows Altair to the blind eye tavern. He walks up to the table on que with the introductions that Altair is giving and slightly bows "Greetings to you all." giving a warm smile he sits down and orders some elvish wine.

5. - Top - End - #35

When Lethaniel enters the tavern, the dull roar of the filled tavern diminishes, all conversations halted mid-sentence. The only spoken words now were mutterings of fear, and outward disdain for drow that had entered their midst. In fact many patrons decide that they've finished their meals, and storm out into the streets. This caused the usually-passive barkeeper to glare at him, but not to do anything yet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

6. - Top - End - #36

Planetar

Vardin

When Altair and the drow enter the Blind Eye, Vardin is a bit surprised. He gives a glance to both, and a questioning look to Altair before nodding to Lethaniel.

It is hard not to notice the difference in the atmosphere in the room as the duo enter. Vardin makes sure that he is in a location that is defensible in case the crowd takes it's prejudices a bit too far. Although he is not immediately accepting of the drow, he has been around enough and in enough positions to judge people by their actions and not where they come from.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Rasta

Rasta waves to Lethaniel as he enters. As the inn's patrons react to his draw companion, Rasta looks about, wondering why so many decided to leave food on their plates.
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"
    I came, I saw, I stuck around!
    Quote Originally Posted by Apologizes to Lochar
    I live in the real life Ravenloft!
    Gamiel, Reynoldo Estebar, Boar, Gliff Addel

8. - Top - End - #38

Altair

"Well, I'm not about to let good food go to waste." Altair says, grabbing a plate of biscuits from a nearby table and offering them to his companions.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

9. - Top - End - #39
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

Looking around it becomes clear that lethaniel is not going to be served so he promptly excuses himself and walks over to the bar and asks for some elvish wine as he places a couple pieces of gold on the bar. Reluctantly the barkeep takes his gold pieces and gives him a goblet that he fills up. Satisfied with getting a goblet of wine lethaniel returns and sits back down. Leaning close to Altair he whispers "I shouldn't stay in one place to long for I don't want him to appear and cause trouble, though I am rather certain I had lost him the last time I cannot be entirely sure." Takes a drink of wine and puffs on his pipe.

10. - Top - End - #40

Biting into a roll, Altair asks, "Maybe this is the wrong time to be asking this, but who is 'him'?"

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

11. - Top - End - #41

Planetar

Vardin

Accepting the offered biscuit, Vardin takes a bite as he listens to the others around him.

It seems that today is shaping up to be quite an interesting day after all. We have our halfling friend who has felt compelled to join us here in ....civilization; and now one of the cousins from below has decided to visit. I believe there are two interesting stories here.

Spoiler
    Show

initiative - (1d20+3)[13]
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42
    Orc in the Playground

Rasta

"Trust me. My story is far less interesting than you would think. Also I have to desire to tell it at this time." The halfling again gains a far off look momentarily as he drifts into his thoughts for a moment.

Spoiler
    Show

Init - (1d20+5)[12]
    NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

Sighs, then takes another puff on his almost spent pipe. "A creature that lives below the surface like my kind does, I haven't had much exposure to his particular species but in the drow communities they are called grimlocks. More than likely he has been dispatched to eliminate me for 'betraying' my people. The seem to have a single minded focus when it comes to tasks, especially when it comes to hunting. That is why I don't stay in one place to long." Ponders for a moment while he takes another drink from his goblet.

14. - Top - End - #44

Spoiler
    Show

OOC: alright, Encounter has started. If anyone was going to do anything within like, 5 seconds of Armyveteran's last post, you can post it at the begining of your next reply, otherwise, we're in combat.

Initiative and Battle Grid have been updated
    You can assume there are more attackers, and there are people in town fending them off, but for simplicity, these are the number you have to worry about.

Since only Rigel is actually in a position to be "in combat", you can all feel free to post several rounds worth of turns to speed things up, as long as your actions don't depend on others' actions. (For example, you have to run out of the tavern, then run out of the city, then you attack, depending on your speed, that may take 2 or 3 rounds)

GOBLINS!! The shout rings through the entire town, and the town erupts in a flurry of running bodies, and shouting people. The few people that are left in the tavern all scurry away, most of them heading to the back, but some heading out front to meet up with their families.

"Yeh bastards better get up or get out, 'cuz I'm shuttin' this place" The bartender growls as he runs out from behind the bar.

OOC: For Rigel, and you're first for initiative.

After the shout, everyone that was outside, immediately runs inside. Within seconds, only a dozen or so people are left, and they're still running like mad to their destination. The only people left are a score of warriors at the gates.
    "Close the gates!" The order is passed along the guards, who set about running to the edge of the large, wheeled gates. The other warriors either with bows drawn climb over the gate, or with sword and axe rush out the gates to meet the intruders head on.

After the shout sounded, a score of goblins leapt out of the light brush a couple hundred feet away, and have begun to charge the city.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

Upon hearing the shout he immediately springs to his feet drawing his prestine looking rapier and runs out of the tavern with lightning speed. A steely gaze can be seen on his face as he races out the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    I double move out of the tavern and towards the gate which is a total of 80 feet.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Orc in the Playground

Rasta

Hearing the call of battle, Rasta hops aboard his weasel companion and hurries out of the inn. He stops the weasel just before the reach the gate. "You know what to do my friend." As Rasta dismounts he casts a spell on his friend, before moving near the gate.

Spoiler
    Show

You can have this take as many rounds as you deem necessary. Stopping 10 feet from the gate to dismount and cast Greater Magic Fang on the dire weasel.

NOTE

"Veni, Vidi, Velcro!"

17. - Top - End - #47

Planetar

Vardin

Years of guarding others takes the question out of Vardin's actions. Grabbing his quarterstaff, he immediately exits the inn to discover what is going on, and offer his aid. He will join the others moving as quickly as he can towards the gates. Once in site of the danger, he will pause and perform a small chant.

Spoiler
    Show

Moving towards the gate. As soon as he sees uglies, he will cast mage armor on himself.
    AC = 18 for 5 hours.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48

Altar

Altair was into his second biscuit when he hears the call to arms, he quickly bolts for the door along with the others. While running to the gates, he grabs the crossbow off his back and swiftly loads it. Spilling blood certainly wasn't his idea of a good time, but like hell as he about to let anyone in the city get hurt.

"I was witness to an attack like this when I was young." the bard says once he reaches the gates, "It was stopped by a single man, not unlike those of us who stand here right now. Only when he stopped the attackers, he only had some fishing line and a rusted sword. With us as defenders, we should suffer nary a scratch!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Altair will stop next to Rasta, then use his Inspire Courage on his allies.

So thats +1 morale bonus to all attack and damage rolls, so remember to factor that in, guys.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

19. - Top - End - #49

OOC:
    Alright, Rigel doesn't seem to be responding, so I've moved initiative up 1, doing the actions you've said. Altair hasn't reached rasta, so he'll use bardic music next round, and rasta hasn't cast magic fang yet, so he will too. Vardin could see the goblins after only a move, so he's done his action.
    What this means is Lethaniel is a go, then Vardin, Then I'll go through with the other two's actions, and goblins. After that we'll move on, I'll NPC Rigel until he posts something.

Through the Raging battle between archers, goblins and brave warriors, a large group has broken off, and started rushing the gates. More shouts of "CLOSE THE GATES" Ring out, despite how clear it is they won't be in time to stop them.

Your turn Lethaniel
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

Continuing to run, sword drawn lethaniel looks for the first available goblin and with a flouish of his rapier he will strike when one comes into striking distance.

Spoiler
    Show
    move 40 feet and strike any nearby goblins if there are any nearby, I should be right up at the gates by this time.
    Last edited by ArmyVeteran; 2008-04-24 at 07:50 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Planetar

Vardin

As he rushes towards the gate, Vardin realizes that the goblins will make it in before they will get there. Concentrating for a moment, he mumbles a few syllables and thrusts his arm out as if he is throwing something. Instantly a sticky web appears just outside the gates, trapping any that may be in the area.

Those won't hold long. Get those gates closed.

He will continue on towards the battle, but will stop about 20' from any opponent that is not engaged.

Spoiler
    Show

Still moving towards the gate. Cast web just outside the gate. Will last for 50 minutes.

Of course, if Lethaniel is outside the gates, I will try something different. The idea is to get the gates closed with all the "people" inside and only block out goblins.

I like the map. Is there a way that we can get the rows and columns indexed. Kinda like a spreadsheet. That would make it easier to say, I cast a web centered on b5 or something. Either way, this works for now.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

(1d20+12)[24]

23. - Top - End - #53

I'm sorry, my redo-ing of the map didn't work correctly the first time, it should be up and fine now.

Vardin can cast web and get a lot of goblins and leave lethaniel out of it.

Great idea, I will work on it and upload a new map with chess-like markings within a few hours. For now i'll just put the web in a convenient spot, but you should be able to later.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54

A few goblins make their way through the gates, one of them meeting directly with Lethaniel's blade and falling to the ground. Vardin finishes his spell, webs sprouting forth from the open walls, barring passage and entangling one goblin. Ellas meets up with the others, telling his tale to all that will listen. Rasta dismounts, and casts his spell. The one goblin breaks free of the web, and the only goblin on this side of the web both turn and rush Lethaniel, one nearly tripping over his own foot, but the other landing a deft blow on Lethaniel's arm.

While the guards slowly start to close the gate, the rest of the goblins come up to the web barracade, and a few of them start to look through their bags.

After the goblins assault Lethaniel, Lexus holds out his arm and sends forth a blast of raw magic, that flies right by one of the goblin's head, crashing harmlessly against the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Lethaniel downed the goblin he attacked, Vardin's spell created a web wall that blocks passage. The goblin that was entangled passed his reflex, then broke out. Lethaniel takes 4 damage from the strike.
    Lexus used an eldritch blast, but missed.

Your Turn Lethaniel
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-04-24 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Seeing that he has two goblins attacking him lethaniel smiles and swiftly rotates his stance to regale the assaulting goblins and he quickly makes a lunge at one of them with lightning speed.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm in the punishing stance which affords me an extra 1D6 damage. Roll to hit is (1d20+10)[14] damage is (2d6+4)[12]

26. - Top - End - #56

Planetar

Vardin

Hoping to give whatever aid to the drow as possible, while keeping himself at a safe distance. Vardin once again chants a few phrases and points at the goblin that Lethanial does not attack. An icy ray shoots from his finger towards the goblin.

Spoiler
    Show

touchAttack - (1d20+5)[8]
    damage - (1d3)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Vardin's attack streaks by the group, the ray hitting the gate and causing a small cluster of ice to form. Lethaniel thrusts his rapier forward, and as Altair's tale catches his ear, it inspires him to push forward his attack catching the goblin in the heart as he tries to jump aside, and he lets out a scream, falling to the ground.

Spoiler
    Show

Vardin Missed, but you can try again next round.
    Lethaniel, you hit, but only because of the +1 bonus to attack from Altair's bardic music. You should add that in next time.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58

Ending his tale and running over to the wall, Altair throws his crossbow over his shoulder and climbs up to the battlements.

Climb: (1d20+1)[11]

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lexus
    HP: 14/14
    AC: 13
    Spells Sustained: 1/2
    Rounds untill Spellcasting Available: 2

Seeing the crowd of goblins on the other side of the web, Lexus takes the opportunity to make a large number of them ineffective combatants. He waves his hand in the direction of the goblins, and a burst of bright golden dust appears.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for not posting earlier. I had some other stuff to do yesterday and didn't check GitP.
    Casting Glitterdust at the bottom right of II27. It's a 10ft burst, DC16 will save or blindness, and -40 to hide checks regardless of save. It lasts 5 rounds.
    Just another souless construct out for world peace and harmony.

Campaign Setting- The Slow Death

Auron Avatar courtesy of Ink.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Pixie in the Playground

Lethaniel

After downing one goblin lethaniel quickly strikes the other goblin with deadly precision.

Spoiler
    Show
    to hit: (1d20+10)[24] and damage is: (2d6+4)[8]