New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

As Argus slices through the goblin previously aiming a spear at him, leaving the goblin dead before it knew the sword was entirely through his tiny, fleshy body he looks up at the rest of the goblins. "Stand down, foul creatures! I am the sword of Heironeous and I strike down those who threaten me and the innocents among us. Do not attempt to fight us! You will only end up as your companion does! Dead and broken!" He points down at the goblin sliced neatly in two at his own feet. "I am a Crusader of the Archpaladin! Stand down now or feel the holy sword of JUSTICE!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+14)[32] (includes +4 for being medium in comparison to the small goblins, so -4 of this result for the medium one.)
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #122
    Barbarian in the Playground

[ROLL]
    (1d20+3)[23]

I'm starting to think Goblins are underpowered

Because of the futility of this battle, I'm not going to bother rolling for anything, except the opposition to Argus's Intimidate for the leader, who passed.
    [/ROLL]

The leader glares at Gabriel, raising his axe above his head and charging at him with a fierce roar. He closes the gap between him and his prey, swinging the heavy blade in an arc, colliding with Gabriel's silver blade. The two blades clash, and the end result, the goblinoid stumbles backwards, a notch in his axe.
    "W-What?!" He stood there in shock, unable to deflect Gabriel's attack as he returned the attack, crashing his blade into, and through his opponent's, the axe shattering effortlessly.

Meanwhile, Argus's attempts at intimidation prove fruitful, the goblins all hesitate, their resolve breaking along with their leader's weapon. When Riona sends her blade through another, their morale breaks. The goblin who ran with his bow, now drops it and continues running for his life, leaving only one beside Riona and Argus, who then drops to his knees and bows in submission.

The leader screams out "You fools, do you think I'm impressed by your petty show!?"

Spoiler
    Show

I won't bother changing the map, the only changes are missing goblins, and a few people moving a square.

Cespenar, your turn, and then Gabriel once more
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-05-18 at 02:43 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Lester flinches for a second when he hears Argus' cry, but recomposes himself rather quickly. As the other goblins submit, he keeps his eye on the leader, almost sure that he would have a trick under his sleeve.

Spoiler
    Show
    Readying an action to charge and flank the leader if he does something threatening.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Gabriel

Gabriel lowers his weapon to a more approachable stance, "Impressed or not, you have still been beaten. You and your companions still have the chance to walk away with your lives. We simply need your assistance and information. Will you help us?"

Spoiler
    Show

Diplomacy - (1d20+12)[23]

5. - Top - End - #125

"I would rather bleed you like a boar!" The leader bellows, slipping a thin, curved dagger from his belt and striking at Gabriel.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+6)[16]
    (1d4+8)[12]
    Cespenar, you can get your action, it comes into effect after the leader's, but before anyone else's.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Receiving the cue, Lester dashes from his hiding spot, closes in on the leader from the back and thrusts his dagger, trying to hit a weak spot.

Spoiler
    Show
    For a reason, I can't access my sheet at the moment, so if you can see it, it's better for you to roll. In any case, I'll roll as I remember, but of course, it's not guaranteed to be correct.

Attack - (1d20+10)[20] (flank bonus included, against flatfooted AC)
    Damage - (1d4+1)[2]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[9]

7. - Top - End - #127

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, I can't access your sheet either, so I'll continue to try until I do. Until then, we'll just continue on.
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-05-22 at 12:07 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

Argus kneels down in front of the cowering goblin before him and puts a gentle hand on the goblin's shoulder. "There's good in us all, this is what I know. Some of us have the potential but are beyond redemption... I don't think you are truly as wicked as your leader. You carry a weapon... you know what it is to be a warrior, and Heironeous can use all the strong knights he can to bring justice to the world. I am Argus Steele. Tell me, what is your name?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: 1d20+10
    Also, I'm not doing a rushed check so I'll probably take up most of the encounter with talking to this goblin. If things get dicey I'll ask the goblin to stay put and continue fighting.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-22 at 12:55 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Crap, forgot the roll. (1d20+10)[21]

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

Seeing the battle well under control William leaves the summoned sword to his gods will allowing it to continue to attack the goblin that was at 32/CC.
    He looks toward Gaberiel and the Goblin leader and feeling confident that his friend has things well under controll moves toward Riona. Fennbiddle stay here protect yourself and our comrades I go to heal our excitiable friend it seems she found the Goblins she was looking for.

He then crosses over to Riona while casting defenceively he casts Cure Moderate Wounds / loose Summon Monster II

Concentration Check (1d20+12)[28]
    Heal (2d8+5)[14]

Effects currently active
    Bless +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 5 minutes
    Magic Vestment on Shield +1 AC for 5 Hours
    Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 4

Attack for Spiritual Weapon (1d20+7)[14]
    Damage for Spiritual Weapon (1d8+1)[2]
    Latem Yvaeh

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

"Well thank you good sir," Riona says as she does still have a firey look in her eyes. "I have found my Goblins! However this one cowers in fear, such..." she speaks in Goblin, "...cowardess."

She looks at what was the battle, still a small continuation of one, as she puts her secondary sword away and leaves her other one at the ready. Just in case the sneaky bastards decide to attack again. Riona had a zeal for killing Goblins but was wondering now if a bit of gold would make this fearful one show them to the rest of the goblins.

She pondered on the matter as she whistled for her horse to come closer to her. She stepped out of the bushes and touched her horses muzzle.

Spoiler
    Show
    move action to move 10 feet, horse will move next to her. Ready action in case of attack.. I think that is it
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

12. - Top - End - #132

(alright, Gabriel and/or Lester, time to get going)
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What? I have already acted, how can I act again before seeing the first one resolve?
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-05-26 at 11:13 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134

I still can't access your character sheet.

As is, the attack did a good amount of damage, but it's not his (the leader's) turn yet.
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-05-26 at 03:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't either, but I'm %90 sure that my attack bonus was +8. What should we do?

Using the opening that he created, Lester tries to strike again on the same spot, enlarging the wound.

Attack - (1d20+10)[28] (flanking)
    Damage - (1d4+1)[5]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[7]

After the strike, it occurs to him that Gabriel might want him subdued, but it seems late(for Lester, at the least).

16. - Top - End - #136

The Goblin leader screams in pain, and whirls around to face Lester

"Fight me like a real man, little man" he growls, and swipes his dagger at him.

(1d20)[9]
    (1d4)[4]

(hmm, doesn't look so good, what's your AC lester?)
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-05-29 at 12:58 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    What the heck is wrong with campaign-blog? Oh well, I guess Lester's AC should be around 18 (4 from chain shirt, 4 from dexterity), but again, I'm not sure .

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

Upon seeing the Orc Leader still attacking his Comrades. William calls out Surrendor or face the Might of Heironeous!
    He then move across circling and flanking the leader for Lester and Gabriel.

He then readies his Long Sword and if he see the goblin do anything besides drop his weapon and surrender he attacks

Effects currently active
    Bless +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects for 5 minutes
    Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 3

The Spirtual Weapon will continue to attack the goblin that was at 32/CC if that goblin is dead he will summon the weapon to him and hold its action as well to attack the goblin if he does anything but surrendor.

(Spirit Weapon attacks on goblin 32/cc if dead ignore as per above)

Attack (1d20+7)[21]
    Damage (1d8+1)[9]
    Latem Yvaeh

19. - Top - End - #139

Lester: until you can get your sheet back, we'll assume your AC is 18, in that case, he hit you, for 10 damage.

William: The goblin that your sword was attacking ran away, and he runs faster than your sword can.

Alright, Riona, Argus, you can go.

EDIT: Here's the new map

Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-05-29 at 05:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

Argus looks up as he sees his comrade taking a massive blow from the goblin. He feels caught between the two scenarios... save his companion, or turn a wicked creature from it's path and onto the path of righteousness. He looks at the goblin again, and then back up to Gabriel and suddenly speaks in a higher tongue, "Gabriel! Ego postulo vos video vidi visum si illic est malum huic goblin's pectus pectoris! Is may exsisto redemptor tamen tantum si is mos subsisto nobis, vacuus cursor in vereor." With that he stands up gripping his sword and rushes the creature that wounded Lester.

For those who speak Celestial.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Gabriel! I need you to see if there is evil in this goblin's heart! He may be redeemed but only if he will stay with us, without running in fear."
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-29 at 05:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Evil at the Goblin Argus is holding.

Gabriel redraws his sword into an aggressive stance. Looking toward the Leader he says, "You reply with hostility after we offer peace!? You have sealed your twisted fate... maybe the Devils of the Netherworld are more for your liking."

OOC: Unless he is already finished, Gabriel will attack the Goblin Leader.

Attack - (1d20+8)[16]
    Damage - (2d6+6)[13]

22. - Top - End - #142

DruidGirl

Riona walks her horse over to the goblin, ready to mount the horse at any time and chop the goblin down where he stood.. or ran to. She has a smug look on her face as she readies her sword above the goblin's head, smirking down at it. She smiles almost cruelly, "Stay where you are- and I won't kill you..". She threatens the goblin, in Goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    ready an action to either a) jump on horse and pursue goblin if it runs, to kill it or b) kill it as it starts to run. At least I'm assuming I'm next to the right Goblin. Heh.. : smallamused:

23. - Top - End - #143

(Gabriel: You detect no Evil on the Goblin, also, your hit missed)

"You like to Kill my Pawns, how you like if I kill your friend!" He says, turning from the group and lunging at Fenbiddle, catching him as he still hadn't payed any attention to the battle, grabbing him by the hair. He then brought his knife down, slicing the poor gnome across the neck, then tossing him to the ground between the group

Spoiler
    Show

Fenbiddle's player had already told me that he withdrew from the game, so I'm just getting him out of the way. Besides, this will give all you LG types a good enough reason to slaughter the leader
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Argus' eyes widen as he watches his companion get his throat slit from ear to ear by the goblin commander. "NO!!" Argus then shouts out loudly, "BY THE BLADE OF HEIRONEOUS, YOU SHALL OPEN YOUR PATH TO HELL!!" He swings his blade with zeal and rage in his heart, the raw power of the mountain surging through his arms and into the edge of his blade at the creature. As he swings, there is both anger in his eyes and tears going down his cheeks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Expending Mountain Hammer on the damned beast.
    Attack: (1d20+11)[15]
    Damage: (4d6+6)[20]

Edit: What unFortUnate luCK.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-06-01 at 05:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

Lester's mouth drops open at the ease of the gnome's slaughter. He blinks multiple times, trying to recompose himself. Seeing Argus almost ablaze from anger, he tries to dash behind the goblin to flank him again.

Spoiler
    Show
    If his movement suffices, he'll attack. If not, he takes a double move to get to the desired spot.

Attack - (1d20+8)[16] (oh, forgot the +2 from flanking)
    Damage - (1d4+1)[5]
    Sneak Attack - (2d6)[3]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-06-01 at 12:51 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

DruidGirl

Riona looked as her best friend was cut down before her very eyes. She dropped her sword, stepping on it, so the greedy goblin would not take it. She pulled out her bow. She notched an arrow took am at the Goblin Leader's Head and fired.

"DIE!" she shouted at the Goblin, in both common and goblin.

Spoiler
    Show
    (d20+8)[27] attack roll
    (d8+4)[10] damage
    Poor Fenbiddle! D:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

Seeing the Gnome fall practically at his feat. Dead William Screams NO No little one he rams his sword through the goblin with a thrust and twists the blade leaving embeddeed in the leaders body. He continues the motion of the lunge to drop to one knee and grabs Fenbiddle's body and then rolls back away from the leader taking the small one with him using his own body to prevent the leader from doing more damage to him. He screams at the leaderMay Heironeous blade burn you for eternity may you never complete your duty and may you suffer for your evil actions.

He then moves back a few more paces and attempts to heal the little one but feels the life slip from the body as Heironeous's power fails to stop the spirit of Fenbiddle from slipping on to his just reward.

Williams voice drops to a whisper Little one may you find the Library of the Heavens to be full of tales of wonder and may your laughter brighten the halls of your ansestor's He places his hands and closes Fenbiddle's eyes.

Readied action from below to attack the Goblin Leader Includes two spiritual weapon attacks one for last round and one for the new round as the goblin from 32/CC had escaped

Readied Action
    Attack (1d20+6)[19] please add 1 forgot to include my own Bless spell
    Damage (1d8+2)[4]

Spirit Weapon Attack (1d20+7)[8]
    Spirit Weapon Damage (1d8+1)[5]

New Round
    Spirit Weapon Attack (1d20+7)[24]
    Spirit Weapon Damage (1d8+1)[6]

Move actions for this round to take the body from the fray

Effects currently active
    Spirtual Weapon Long Sword Attack Bonus +7 Damage 1d8+1 Rounds Remaining 2
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-06-02 at 11:10 AM.
    Latem Yvaeh

28. - Top - End - #148

I'm currently in a slight hurry, but you killed him dead.

I'd have to tally the damage more carefully to tell whether it was William or Riona, but he's definately dead.

So you guys are out of combat, feel free to post your actions. When I have more time, I'll edit in a more suitable death for the leader, and give you xp.

William's flurry of attacks cut through the goblin leader's defenses, tearing and battering his flesh, and pushing him back, and he falls to the ground. He makes one last attempt, reaching up at some futile attempt at hurting one of you, but he coughs heavily, blood spattering across his chest, and with that his life left his body, and he falls inert to the ground.

(OOC: 1,000xp for everyone)
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-06-03 at 02:34 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Argus stands again, sheathing his sword and taking a flask from his belt, taking another small swig. "...A companion lost... all because of the violence of a misguided goblin." He turns to the cowering goblin and puts on a softer face, "Do you see now the error of your people's ways? How your leader so easily took the life of someone not even paying attention... I think you would be happier under the righteous wing of Heironeous, and I as your guide in the ways of the Archpaladin." He approaches and again kneels before the goblin. "Will you... join us, good goblin?"

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150

The Goblin continues to bow at Argus's feet, respectfully keeping his gaze low, but does not answer.
    Spoiler
    Show