Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 271 to 300 of 300
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    ---- William ----

    William hands the scroll over to Vardin, He then looks back over to the guide Ok, so to you it didn't look as he was reporting to some one higher than him? The last time I used that tact while speaking with a clan leader he blew up and threatened to have me whipped for insulting him. But your leader seemed more interested in getting us out of his hair and until the others raised their ire he was going let you lead us round in the wilderness to make our own map. But we will leave it at that for now. Riona you seem to be the most knowledgeable of us in goblin culture and ways what was your take on the situation there?
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    There's nothing.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin
    Bah, that was a waste. There is less magical about that map than there is about this horse.

    Vardin hands the map back to William.

    I was too busy watching for a clean way out of there to notice much more. All I heard was that chief telling us it is his right to attack our caravans.
    Spoiler
    Show

  4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    What are we all waiting for?
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  5. - Top - End - #275
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Riona looks at William and then the rest of the group, slowly stepping down from her horse. She looked at them intensely, “They are lying. Plain and simple. The only thing to do to with Goblins is to kill them outright. At least kill a few so they understand that you mean business.”

    She paused and took a deep breath as she harnessed her rage and pulled it back under control. “We could be more diplomatic but really I could care less about that-“ she said briefly breaking off and looking down at the ground.

    “I am not one for diplomacy with Goblins and you,” she said sharply, jabbing William in the chest, “nearly got us killed. So you should really keep your manners about you.”
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

  6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Argus looks from Riona to their guide and back again when she makes that general statement about goblins. "Be the chief a liar or not, he holds power over his people. Disgracing him may have ended up poorly for the innocents on both sides of a goblin out-lashing. We will simply have to tell the king what the goblin chief has proclaimed... then we shall receive our orders, following the law of our King and our Archpaladin God."
    He takes one more sip of his flask and holds it upside down as nothing comes out, "...Oh piss."
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    ---- William ----

    William sighs Riona politeness was getting us no where beyond the ability to have met him and the permission to spend months mapping a land we already have maps for. Sometimes you have to take a risk and had it failed you may have gotten the opportunity to use up some of that hate you hold. May be someday you will feel comfortable enough to tell us what caused it. But we have seen the public face of our adversary. We have also seen part of his secret face Gerwin like many public leaders has the ability to go against his nature when it serves his cause. Most goblin leaders would rather have died than let that opportunity to show their strength be passed up that is why he insulted My Lord Heironeous and the King of Hirdam. By the same token that is why I let the insult to the king stand but pushed back on the points driven by my faith. Gerwin now knows that I am not a push over but he also knows that I have not denied him his right to rule his people or the lands he is claiming. Speaking of the Lands I think it is time to see what is on the map we managed to get.

    With that William looks at Vardin If you are sure it is not magically trapped go ahead and lets take a look
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  8. - Top - End - #278
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin

    Vardin looks around for a location where he can unroll the map and give everyone a chance to look at it.
    Spoiler
    Show

  9. - Top - End - #279
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Riona says nothing. She looks down at the map but appears uninterested in it or what it shows. However her quick look allowed her to see the damage.

    "My hate is well founded and that is all you need to know," she says quietly. "You do not need to know as it is a personal matter."
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

  10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Map
    Spoiler
    Show



    Anyone who looks at the map can make Knowledge local, or knowledge geography , or knowledge history checks. And you can all make a straight-up int check.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    ---- William ----

    Knowledge history (1d20+6)[19]
    Untrained Knowledge Geography (1d20+1)[4]

    William studies the map then looks over at the Vardin Ok, I assume the red areas of the map are the areas being claimed is that correct? Vardin, can you show me the main trade routes and where the attacks on the caravans and traders have been occurring. Riona from your experience do you see anything that leads you to believe they are attempting to capture or control something of historic or racial importance to the goblin kin?
    William then leads the goblin off to the side, Now that we have met with your leader I wish to thank you for your help. Can you tell me anything else that will help me understand the area Gerwin is claiming and why he is claiming that area? And finally I want to commend you for doing your duty to your people and your leader by continuing to guide us and providing insight in to your people to help me defend those who are defenceless.
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-10-02 at 09:58 AM.
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  12. - Top - End - #282
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin

    Find out what he knows before we respond. I can't see the map at work, but I can see it from home. I will update later.

    knowledgeLocal - (1d20+1)[11]
    knowledgeHistory - (1d20+1)[13]
    knowledgeGeography - (1d20+1)[4]
    Spoiler
    Show

  13. - Top - End - #283
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    I'll assume since you're all collaborating, that any knowledge checks you'd make, you'd share, so I'm putting them all here.
    Spoiler
    Show

    You know enough about the local area and the geography to know that the top-left area is your own kingdom.

    The smaller area that's seperated from the larger one encompasses an ancient dwarven burial ground


    "Thank you for your kind words, but I don't know how much help I can be.", he walks over to you and looks at the map for a few moments. "The area looks like the land we have claimed for decades...except this. he points at the area in the mountains "I don't even know why my people would bother with those cruddy mountains"
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  14. - Top - End - #284
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin
    It is in the mountains where we have seen the number and ferocity of the attacks rise. Many have discussed finding alternative ways through or around the mountains, but of course that would cost the caravans more and they would like to avoid it.
    Spoiler
    Show

  15. - Top - End - #285
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    (OOC: I'm not sure what's holding this up, but I'd like to figure out what it is, because group 1 is waiting for you guys to catch up with them

    If you guys don't mind, there aren't any encounters until you meet up with them, so I can speed up the game by skipping a lot of unnecessary parts, and giving you all a summary of what your characters did, but that requires me to NPC your characters, so tell me what you think)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  16. - Top - End - #286
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    I am ok with whatever you choose.
    Spoiler
    Show

  17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    (ooc) Please fast forward I hit a mental block and didn't know what to do next as I know you wanted to cause us to meet up.(/ooc)
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  18. - Top - End - #288
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Alright, I'll pretty this up to give you all a better idea of what happened later, but for now I'm going to make a quick post just so you can get on with it.


    Essentially what happens is you all return to Hirdam, and William returns to his church to tell them the outcome of your journey. He is congratulated, then dismissed. Later that day, all of you receive a summons for an audience with the king. There, he himself congratulates you all as well. After formalities, he tells you all that he does not trust the goblin 'kingdom', but he will give them a few weeks to keep their promise. He has spoken with an ambassador from the dwarven kindgom (who essentially own the mountain-range), and he told the king that the area the goblins lay claim to in the mountains is an ancient dwarven tomb for their most honorable hero. Recently though it has been swarmed with undead, and no mater how many guardsmen they send in, they are never able to get all the way through before they have to retreat. So the king asks you to investigate the area, to find out why the goblins have laid claim to that land, and perhaps solve the undead problem the kingdom's dwarven allies. You accept, and head off to the mountain range, where a dwarven escort leads you to your destination, and then leaves.

    You finally reach your destination, a hole in the side of the mountain-range that seems like an ordinary mine shaft. The only difference you can see is that carved in the wood that holds the entrance up is a message

    For those of you who speak dwarven
    Spoiler
    Show

    Heer lies the braavest dwarf oov them all

    For those of you who speak Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

    This is my grave now

    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-10-08 at 01:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    --- William ---

    William dismounts he pulls the saddle and tack off the horse and finds a near by tree and hangs them over a branch. He then puts a soft hobble rope on the horse which will keep it from running off provided the horse doesn’t get spooked and break it. He traces his holy symbol on to the horse attempting to embed the power of his god to repel the undead. He pulls out his ever burning torch checks the straps on his armor and makes sure his shield is buckled on tight. Well Riona they said there were undead here do you think the mounts will be fine?

    (ooc if Riona or any one else wants me to I will use my chalk to mark their horse with the holy symbol as well once all the horses are marked)

    May Heironeous grant his protection over these steeds and protect them from the dangers of the wilds and ward them from harm may his light protect them in the darkness as we go about our duty of protecting those that can not protect themselves.

    Once he is done taking care of the horses he glances at the writing and enters the gloom.

    Spoiler
    Show
    In case it is needed
    Knowledge religion check (1d20+6)[10]
    I am also willing to use up charges of my turn undead ability to ward the horses against undead
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  20. - Top - End - #290
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin

    When William offers to lay protection on the mounts, Vardin brings Lucky to stand with the rest. He ensures that the horse has plenty of food to last while the bipeds enter the caves. He finds a place towards the front of the group takes a good grip on his quarterstaff. BY the looks of this we will need all of the blessings that Heironeous will offer you.
    Spoiler
    Show

  21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Riona looks a bit frustrated at the group and then nods. “There are undead here and the Goblins know it well if that matters. Written here,” she says pointing. “Is their clam to the grave.”

    Riona nods. “Obviously this is going to be hard, the mounts shall be fine if we just kill everything we come across, as I said we should have killed those Goblin scum. Let us hurry along.”

    Riona spurs her horse along as her horse has been blessed and then moves into the gloom with William, her sword hilt, gripped firmly.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

  22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Argus has been relatively quiet the whole way, still feeling as though his attempt was without any sort of victory. All the way along he drank from his little flask, and even broke out another one. He's red in the face and his head is low. He doesn't speak, but he seems at least skilled enough to stay on his horse.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  23. - Top - End - #293
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    From inside the cave you can all hear a loud crash echoing from inside the cave, like a large chunk of stone cracked and shattered.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Suddenly, Argus' eyes bulge in his head as his head jerks up in response to the noise. He then struggles on the saddle and falls off the horse, then stumbles to his feet and rushes down the mine shaft with his arms waving in front of him. The noise that comes from his mouth is a loud and panicked, "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    (Anyone else?)
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

  26. - Top - End - #296
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Planetar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    left coast, New world
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Vardin

    Stop you fool, we do not know what is down there.

    Vardin moves a little into the mine, but not too far. He will wait for the rest of the group and not go running.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Sorry for the delay
    Spoiler
    Show

  27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground
     
    OrcBarbarianGuy

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    ---- William ----

    Upon seeing Argus charge past William rushes into the cave following him. He keeps the torch held high to provide as much light as possible. Argus what it is?
    My Active Characters
    Jomei and Lacy the Wolf Into the Breach
    William Crusade against the Shade
    Warunoki Defend thy City

  28. - Top - End - #298
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    DruidGirl

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    CA
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Riona sees Argus out of the corner of her eye move quickly and as she extends her reach to stop him, she misses his shoulder and fumbles a bit in the air. "Argus! Don't run in there!" she calls out as she stays close to the firelight- unsure of what to do. "Come on guys! We got to catch him! He's being an idiot and he'll get killed because of it!"

    She grasps her sword's hilt tighter and tries to move the group forward faster, in order to catch Argus.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

  29. - Top - End - #299
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dread SoCal
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    Argus only ignores any cries to stop, or questions that are in dire need of answering. The only sound he makes is that of the beating of his feet on the ground and the clatter of his fullplate.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  30. - Top - End - #300
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    Regord_Silentflame's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

    As he continues down the cave, after a few moments, you can hear shouts, and then after a few more seconds, talking.

    Spoiler
    Show

    This is the new thread, everyone should post here from now on. Your characters would only have heard the last post made by Argus, and anything afterwards, and the most important information is only on the last page, but feel free to brows as much of it as you want.

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...=77313&page=16
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-10-17 at 10:19 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •