New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

"Enjoy the meal, set out adventuring... sounds like a deal." Fenbiddle says, ordering a smaller portion and picking at it slowly.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

“Yes yes.. of course- an elm,” Riona said as she nudged Fenbiddle.

“All I know William, is that the land is teeming with goblins and they are the most likely to raid. They have been all up in arms about something recently. But enough business as you say- let us enjoy the fine feast and then get on to the adventuring! It’ll be quite exciting getting to see everyone’s talents on the battlefield. We shall be greatly known one day I would say! Except of course Fenbiddle- he thinks so little of himself. I’m sure he’ll be of great help when the need arises.”

She looks down at her plate and eats without much grace- using all her utensils and being careful to eat slowly. She knew that eating slow made you enjoy your meal more, but it was hard- after all she just gained new companions in her quest and she was enjoying herself.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Lester didn't order any food, but is looking forward to the wine that Gabriel had ordered, and he is still sipping from the same glass that he was using beforehand, probably thinking saving it till the new batch comes. Keeping quiet for a while, he glances at his newfound companions and tries to figure them out in his own way.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-04-22 at 02:24 PM.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

Argus continues to eat his food and drink his wine, seeming content with the world and his find food and wine. This of course is not even close to his first drink of the day.
    "Yer all a right good group, eh?! Yeah!"
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----
    King's Head Tavern - Back Dining room

After the meal and wine is enjoyed by all William looks around the table

I am very happy to have you all with us on our quest. It is now time to set out to accomplish what we have talked about. While I am not a tracker I over heard a couple of snips of information on my way here and from some of the other patrons before we moved. We should head out to the main gate get in at least a part of a days travel towards where these attacks have been occurring. Before we set out does anyone need to purchase anything as we are in the merchant quarter? If not we should head directly to the gate.
    Latem Yvaeh

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Fenbiddle

"Sounds like an exquisite plan." He says, tucking his large spellbook into his backpack. "Shall we be off then?"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Argus sits there with a somewhat pink face and an empty wine-glass. "Uhm... I need help up."

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Gabriel laughs at Argus, he sets his pack on the floor and extends an arm to Argus. He pulls him to his feet and gives him a solid pat on the back, "You'll be fine once outside the city, right?"

After Argus replies, Gabriel reaches for his pack and flings it over his shoulder. He finishes his glass of wine and looks to the door, "Well, we should head out then, shall we? There's only a few more hours of daylight." He grabs two bottles of wine left on the table and puts them in his pack, then he walks over to the waitress and givers her another platinum piece. "I hope this covers it." He gives her a smile then walks back to the group.

9. - Top - End - #69

DruidGirl

Riona giggles at the silliness of Argus as he was drunk off his ass. Riona smiled and stood up looking around, “So, since as it has been pointed out. There is very little sun light left- and despite what everyone seems to think. I believe starting out tomorrow might be a better plan.”

She crossed her arms, after pushing her plate out of the way, “Look- it is going to get dark. Argus is drunk. Besides the rest of us could do with some rest I would say. Just for one night so that we can be ready and prepared for the fight ahead of us. I of course of anyone wants to destroy the evil of the world but I would like to rest first and not have to worry about what could happen at night.”

“We could set out in the early morning, till then let’s find an abode to stay in. We’ll meet at the gate,” she said as she waved. “I’ll go find my room, alright?”

10. - Top - End - #70
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

If no-one's going to post anything important for the day, I suggest just moving on to tommorow.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Mumbling a low "Fine by me.", Lester gets up to go to his room, but realizes that he hasn't booked any. He tries to find the owner, or whoever is in charge, and ask him for a room.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's okay with me.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2008-04-26 at 07:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

"An' a pitcher for the room, will ya!" He says to the barkeep. "I'm still awful thirsty." Argus begins to search around his belt for his pouch of gold, taking him a while, as he is as previously mentioned, drunk off his ass.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

OOC: In the interest of getting on with the story, let us assume that the day is over. Everyone gets someplace to sleep at a reasonable price, despite Argus's condition, he didn't get mugged.
    It is now the next day, and we'll start late morning, when presumably you're all meeting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Argus sits holding his head, looking fairly miserable just drinking a glass of water and clutching his temple.

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

After spending an evening getting to know his new companions. William agrees to meet at the gate around mid morning the following day. He returns the temple for the night and reports the success in finding a group to help complete the task entrusted to them he provides their names and description in case they return with out him. The next morning he sets out at before dawn and travels to the gate. There he chats and speaks with the various caravans and merchants heading in and out of the city while waiting to be joined by his new comrades.
    Latem Yvaeh

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Lester approaches Argus with an empathic concoction of smile and grimace. His face is dripping wet, his hair combed backwards to prevent the water dropping right into his eyes. He looks like he had his fair share of headache too, if not much as Argus.

"Even with all those magic and power, they can't make a cure for hangover. What good is that?" he mumbles, half-jokingly.

17. - Top - End - #77

DruidGirl

“No they can’t make a cure for hangover, but that’s the price you pay for drinking recklessly. It is a destruction of one’s body, which is like a holy place in and of itself,” Riona says her hands on her hips, her horse’s reigns in one of the hands. “You two,” she indicated Argus and Lester, “look like hell and sh*t. Well where is the rest of this lovely party?” she asked smirking.

“What a lovely day, no?” she asks William. “I take it you took initiative and spoke with the caravans and merchants, because you are so holy and full of potential.” She giggled and smiled as she pulled her horse close to her, patting the horse’s muzzle. “So where is Mr. Gnome, he is quite entertaining and I just love to tease him so much. Anyways William you look very dashing today- if this were under any other circumstance I’d ask you to fight the goblins in the bush with your large mace, if you catch my meaning.
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-04-27 at 07:05 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

"Um... er... There technically is a cure for being intoxicated. You see alcohol is a poison and you can learn a spell called 'Neutralize Poison' which would, well, neutralize the poison. I think. I'm not really sure, would any of you like to volunteer for experimentation?"

19. - Top - End - #79
    Troll in the Playground

"...That experiment wouldn't happen to be a cure for a hangover, would it?" Argus asked as he blinked out of sequence a bit and then took another sip of his water. His gauntlet clanking against the hilt of the sword on his back as he scratched the back of his head.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-27 at 07:22 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #80

DruidGirl

“Ah ha! There’s my gnome, how I’ve missed you. Ah well let’s get going alright?” Riona asked as she pushed herself onto her horse. “Finbiddle you are quite short, but I think you should ride with me, that way we can keep up to the rest of the party.”

“And do you truly think that neutralizing the alcohol in their body would work? I mean it is not exactly the poison you are thinking of. Anyway, come on up here,” she said putting her hand out to pull him up.
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-04-27 at 07:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

"One moment... I need to prepare myself for travel." Fenbiddle reaches into his belt and pulls out an ornate looking rod and begins casting a spell...

Spellcraft DC 16
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mage Armor with the Rod of Extend

He then smiles up at Riona and takes her hand... "Well, I do not know if it would cure the hangover. I don't believe that is caused by any toxin. But perhaps I have some magic that would help..." and he begins flipping through his spellbook making various scholarly noises... "No no no... Phantasmal Assailants is the opposite of what we want. Stinking Cloud maybe? No. Best I have is Grease."

22. - Top - End - #82

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Grease like the movie. Rizzo: Hey Zuko! I've got a surprise for you.
    Danny: Oh, Yeah?
    Rizzo: [chuckles] Yeah
    Danny: [throws Sandy in front of him] Sandy!
    Sandy: Danny!
    Danny: Wha-what are you doing here, I thought you were moving back to Australia?
    Sandy: We were but we had a change in plans!

“No, no, no don’t you see they are a stinking cloud,” she says as she pulls Fenbiddle up onto her horse. “Grease, well I doubt that would work. Ah well let them suffer with their hangover they deserved it. So let me see, who are we missing- our group has one quite guy missing. Gabriel, the name that sounds like an angel. I hope he shows up soon,” she said as she made sure everything on her horse was on tight, not moving too much so Fenbiddle wouldn’t fall off. She picked up the reigns and then looked down at William.

“William please give us the basic idea of what is going on with these attacks? I mean are goblins involved ya know that kind of thing…”

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gather Information (1d20+2)[19] for the time waiting in the morning speaking with merchants please provide the details as to what I have picked up to the group

William looks over at his companions as they arrive at the gate. Looking Riona Well here is what I know there are various Goblinoids attacking the caravans but as we discussed yesterday rather than the standard kill everyone tactics you would expect they are more intent on driving people off. But beyond that it is up to find out whom or what is behind these new attacks and either stop it if possible or report back to the Temple so that a better prepared quest can be undertaken. As you appear to be the most well travelled why don't you lead us toward the Gray Plains where most of the attacks have occurred.

Edited to add the details learned via gather information checks
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-04-29 at 06:59 AM.
    Latem Yvaeh

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Gabriel bathes early in the morning; gives many praises to Heironeous to ask for safe passage in their journey, and then joins the group at the gate.

"Good morning, everyone!" He looks at Argus and chuckles to himself. "Well, I suppose it is safe to assume we all have our city lives in order and are prepared for adventure?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----
    City Gate Road to the South East towards the Gray Plains

William falls in with his companions and looks arround once everyone is gathered he sets off down the road to the South East towards the Grey Plains. While he travels he turns and speaks to his companions Good to see you all here. Well as I said from the rumors and talk of the merchants this morning it appears we will be facing Gobinoids of some sort. Riona as you appear to have the most experience with Goblins can you give us the benfit of your wisdom and tells us what we are likely to face if we have to fight them and any insight as to why they would deviate from their normal tactics. William listens intently as they travel but his eyes always seem to be scanning the road and the surrounding country side looking for trouble.
    Latem Yvaeh

26. - Top - End - #86

DruidGirl

Riona lightly taps the side of her horse to urge it to follow William who seems to have taken the lead on this journey. She looks back to make sure everyone was following her and William. She smiled at Fenbiddle and then caught up to William so that she was side by side with him.
    “Well it has been my experience that Goblins only travel at night and if they need to raid it is either a religious leader, they are out of resources, or something stronger than them is in command. Either way most Goblins would run if they start to lose however if there is something waiting for them they will fight till the very end with little concern for their life. If there is a leader, they might also be there which will cause the Goblins to have a more orderly strategy and even attempt a distraction here and there to keep us confused. It all depends on if it is a religious raid or if it is in fact something larger and more menacing. So, we shall see,” Riona said as she starred straight ahead a more serious look on her face. She was quickly lost in thought as she tried to figure out why the Goblins would be behaving like they were.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Fenbiddle returns the smile and then becomes distracted by the clouds overhead. He spends the majority of the time trying to convince Riona that various clouds create shapes of denizens of the underdark.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Lester rides in the back of the group, somewhat off and thoughtful as he ponders on what Riona said.

"Hmm... I never fought goblins before. Any tactics you might want to share?"

He looks at the group in general, as if asking everyone.

29. - Top - End - #89

Spoiler
    Show

Alright, I'm going to get this party started, see how many people are paying attention

Everyone roll Spot and Listen

Spoiler
    Show

Oh, and by the way, you all lost 100gp

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh happy day, almost as bad a check as possible to make.
    Spot: (1d20-1)[7]
    Listen: (1d20-1)[19]

Spoiler
    Show