New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

"From Hirdam you say? You Fellas have come a long way." He looks down ""alright men, open the gates" after a few seconds the gates to the walls slide aside, and one of the guardsmen walks out to meet your group.
    "A group of travelers such as yourselves just aided us in defending our town from this raid that you see the aftermath of, and so we will trust your word on the trustworthiness of your goblin companion. Please, come in" he says, leading you into the city
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Riona looks at the city walls where the goblin had led them. She really did not want to go into the city, but understood the necessity to sleep somewhere well guarded. The town walls seemed formidable and they had already fended off part of a raid. All these dead lying around, she hated the dead, they befouled what the living had. Especially undead, they were the worst.

As they were lead in the city she did not speak much with William, she still missed Fenbiddle. A good nights rest she supposed was the best thing for her. She sighed. “William you don’t suppose the dead will come to life at night?”

She looked down at the dead before they finally entered into the city walls. “Another city,” she whispered to herself. “Where is the nearest inn?”she asked the city guard as she smiled sweetly as she could.
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-07-31 at 02:41 AM.
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

3. - Top - End - #183

"down the street, the only building with double-doors lass"

As you walk into the city, you can see a few more goblin corpses on the ground, and aside from the various guards dragging bodies and manning the gates, you can see one man in particular eyeing you all warily.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

Argus looks back at the man and trots his horse a bit closer to him. "What ho, good sir. You wear a strange expression for nothing more than a group of righteous knights passing through..." He takes a small swig of his silver flask.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-07-31 at 03:25 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #185

DruidGirl

"Thank you," she said blushing and smiling, once they turned away she hardened her look. "There's someone staring at us in very rude manner," she said in Abyssal.

She sighed, sat up on her horse's saddle. "Come on, let us get to that inn," she said briskly.

Spoiler
    Show
    this stupid board hates me.. it won't post when I want it to

6. - Top - End - #186
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William -----

William rides into the city keeping a watchful eye on their guide
    Upon hearing Riona’s question he looks at the guards gathering the bodies then speaks.
    Well it really depends in a town or city the likely hood of the dead rising corresponds with how they deal with them. In a City like Hirdam because the majority of the temples there maintain the graveyards and watch for the build up of negative energy unless someone actively attempts to create them the dead stay where we put them. In cities or towns if the conditions are poor and there has been a build up of negative energy then undead can spontaneously occur. Then you have nature of the person dieing if they died under the correct circumstances they could rise as well. But I don’t think we have much to worry about at the moment most of the dead here appear to be from a normal battle and the local authorities appear to be dealing with the corpses.

William looks over at Riona and realizes he was answering the question but not the concern I will take the time to bless the inn and stables to ward against undead and I will also check with the local temple to ensure they will be burning the corpses out side of town. Cleansing fire will prevent all but the most malivant of undead from returning and even the ones that can return normally take months if not years to reform.
    Latem Yvaeh

7. - Top - End - #187

The man that Argus approached tries his best to look relaxed, although it's obvious he had to try

"No harm intended good sir. I am a stranger to this city. I helped them to repel an attack from goblins a short time ago. I think you will understand that I would be a little distrustful of goblins and those who associate with them."
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-08-01 at 02:40 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Going for a few days. ^^; When I come back I'll post

9. - Top - End - #189

For LatemYvaeh
    Spoiler
    Show

Both of your teammates are gone for the weekend, but I have some contact with them, so if you want to continue on and post a few more times this weekend, go ahead, and I'll post their responses for them
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Argus takes another swig from his silver flask and points at the man with a bit more volume to his voice, "Well listen good, that goblin's good folk. His friends may have been no gentlemen but he's a good man!" He blinks and sways a bit on the back of his horse.

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191

DruidGirl

"Well, thank you for that reassurance but don’t worry I can take care of myself,” she said smiling and winking. “I take care of undead when I need to, besides Goblins I hate undead almost as much. Undead are gross.”

She rode her horse closer to the inn. “I just want my horse to be safe is all. You know how undead can be restless.”

Spoiler
    Show
    I’m back! Missed me?
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-08-05 at 11:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

Argus please leave the man be. There city has been beseiged and they all are wary of strangers especially those that look like their attacers. Sir the goblin is working with us to help correct the issues that led to the attack on you and yours. With his help hopefully we can prevent this from happening to more people. May Heironeous bless you and Grant your defenders the stregth to protect all of your loved ones. with that he moves after Riona. He motions for their guide to follow closely Well it is good to hear that you take your protection of those in your care so seriously Riona. I also have a deep seated dislike of undead. For my order I am a Hunter and Destroyer of them. It always pains me to see the spirit and souls of the departed put to such depraved uses. Well let us travel on to this tavern. I feel a good nights rest will improve all our spirits.
    Latem Yvaeh

13. - Top - End - #193

DruidGirl

"A good nights rest most certainly would put us in good spirits," Riona said with a smirk.
    "Well I do care for everyone under my watch, even you. Now, Argus and William let us get to this inn. I'll leave the Goblin in your hands, I'll be taking a night ride after this. Towns and cities are rather stuffy in my opinion," she said moving around the goblin and stopping off at the inn. She patted her horses muzzle and moved towards the back where she could keep her horse.
    "Here's my share for the room," she said putting her hand out to give William a few silver pieces. "Well I'm off to put her away for the night," Riona said confidently as she moved towards the stables.

14. - Top - End - #194

"As you say good knight, so it must be." The man says, and then walks off to the tavern.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William ------

William accepts the silver coins and then walks to the stables and turns his mount over to the stable boy. Please watch over my horse please and see that she gets a good rub down. Do I pay you or the inn keeper for the services of the stable
    Spoiler
    Show
    I pay the lad if he indicates it is him and tip him 5 copper with a promise of 5 more if my and my companions horses are well tended

Once the lad has taken my mount I cross over and enter into the Inn I look about to get a feel for the type of inn and then locate the Inn Keeper
    Good Innkeep my companions and I will need a two rooms for the night one for Argus, our guide and myself and one for our traveling companion so she can rest. If possible I would also like a hot bath to wash the travel dust from myself and my clothes.
    Latem Yvaeh

16. - Top - End - #196

DruidGirl

Riona helps the stable boy put her horse into the quarters it would be using, she pets its mane and head. She brushed it down before walking out of the stables into the cool night air. She took a deep breath of the city air, "Never as clean as the forest air," she says to the stars above her.

She makes her way back towards the inn, checking her belt to see that she brought everything with her. After that she wanders around the inn and decides to take a walk around town. She walks in the well lighted streets, making sure to note what was happening and where things were. After an hour or so of her walk she decides to return to the inn. As she walks in she finds the inn keeper asks which room she is suppose to be in, indicating that William is her traveling companion.

She yawns-stretches as she walks up the stairs to her room. She opens the door and quickly looks around inside. "Not to bad," she says to the wall as she closes the door. Throwing her stuff on the bed she takes a seat next to it and stares out the window.

She then moves her stuff off the bed, organizing it so that if she is attacked her sword is right where she can grab it. She then lays back to think and wonders what of her companions.

Spoiler
    Show
    If no one comes a knocking-assume she is sleeping. And then maybe if nothing happens we go to day.. after like a post more? *shrugs*

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

"You, barkeep! I'd like a pitcher of ale, if'n you please." Argus takes his pouch of gold from his belt as he walks to the bar, it's obvious he's already had some to drink from his slight stagger and the smell on his breath.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #198

"Well, it seems as though you've had some already, but it's not my place to refuse service to a paying customer" He shrugs and fetches the knight his drink.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----
    If the bath was available William takes advantage of it. If not head heads to the room removes his armor using the wash basin and water pitcher cleans himself. When he his done he puts on his cleric vestments and leaves his armor in the room carrying only his shield he locks the door behind himself and walks down into the tavern and out to the stable

After checking to make sure all the horses are ok he pulls a piece of blue chalk from his pouch and traces a ward against undead on each of the stall doors and then on the windows and stable doors all the while invoking the blessing and protections of Heironeous.

When he is done at the stable he heads back into the inn and walks over to where Argus is drinking.

Argus we have an early day tomorrow and will need you at your best please call it an early evening tonight. Sir Goblin please join me in a meal.

I wave down a server and order the daily special and tea I pay for my meal and the goblins meal I am willing to buy him either tea or a single mug of ale.
    While we eat I try to get to know our guide better. through small talk and general questions about his life and the difference he has seen with the new leaders of his people.

Once we finish eating I head up to our room with the goblin and Argus if he will come I lock the door offer the bed to the goblin and sleep on the floor in front of the door with sword and shield close at hand.
    Latem Yvaeh

20. - Top - End - #200

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to send any little information about the goblin that Willam asks in small-talk through PM, since the conversation doesn't involve the party. I know Riona has gone to bed, so it's up to you Argus, you can either continue to roleplay your drinking, or go to bed
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

"Muh?" Argus looks up at William as he speaks to him, Argus is very obviously tanked. "Yeah, s'pose it's... uh, time fer sleepin'." He pulls himself to his feet and stumbles up the stairs. "Sooner I sleep... sooner I get hair of the god... um... Yeah." He takes his armor off and plops into bed, quickly falling asleep. Krimm, to help me search this thread out.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-11 at 05:40 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #202

Alright then, everyone's sleeping, so we'll skip to the next morning.

Nothing in particular happening, so you guys post.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203

Planetar

Vardin

As the morning dawns the "man" that had been watching the group warrilly the evening before, has once again found his way down to the common room. He is currently seated at a table near the center of the room. To all viewers he is a normal traveler or townsman. His only weapon is a simple darkwood quarterstaff. The leg of mutton rescued from the night before has a slightly different opinion of him though.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #204
    Troll in the Playground

Argus walks down the stairs with big bags under his eyes and his hand on his head, his equipment locked up in his room. "...Barkeep, jus' a little tankard of ale... Head's killing me." He sits down at a table. "Also, biscuits and bacon if you got 'em." He reaches down and begins taking gold from his pouch.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William -----

William wakes in the early morning of pre-dawn cleans his face and hands and teeth. He then performs his morning rituals to Heironeous and then begins the slow process of donning his armor. When he is done he wakes the goblin Shall we go down and have breakfast? He waits for the guide to finish dressing then heads down to breakfast. Upon entering the common room he spies Argus.
    Brother did you sleep well? I feel as if I got the first good night rest since we started this task, Well, at least we are getting closer to understanding what is going on. So sir guide can you tell us a little more about where we are headed and what to expect as we get closet to your leader?
    Latem Yvaeh

26. - Top - End - #206

"I'm not sure I know too much more than you do. He's been very secretive, and unusual. He doesn't want to "raise funds" for our tribe, he sends off groups of us. My group was told to clear the trade routs. I don't know what the others are doing.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

"Fairly well... Sleeping is most often easy with Heironeous overhead." He smiles as he takes a drink of his ale and eats his breakfast.
    He listens to the goblin as he speaks and speaks himself once he's finished, "Then perhaps we need to stake it out. Wait in hiding for them to come again and see what their plan is. Be it sinister I won't let it stand..."

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #208

Planetar

Vardin

When Vardin overhears the goblin talk of clearing the trade routes, his years of guarding caravans kick in, and he tries to adjust his seat to hear better. In the process of adjusting, the chair makes a loud squeaking noise.

Spoiler
    Show

Hi group 2ers. I am the one lone holder from group 3 trying to subtly work my way into your inner circle.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209

DruidGirl

Riona wakes to the light in her eyes, the night has gone and left the pleasant day. She yawns happily from a goodnight rest as she stretches out and then lies back against the bed. She quickly swings her legs up and out of the bed while grabbing her gear. As she attached the gear to herself she sang a little bit out loud and once she had assembled all of her gear and was ready she walked out of the room. She wandered down to the tavern area below. She saw her companions and waved.

“HEY!” she said as she sat down smiling. She ordered some eggs and bacon and tried to catch up to the conversation as it proceeded. As she’s listening she hears the loud squeak of a chair moving and instinctively her ears listen close, as she grabs towards her sword. “Be ye friend or foe?” she asks to the man clearly listening in, turning her chair to face his. “What do you want with our little group here?” she asks her sword deftly being pulled from her scabbard towards the man.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hola! New person! Hi hi! and if I have to make a listen check I'll be cross. haha.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

William slides his chair back clearing a path and placing himself between the stranger from yesterday and the goblin guide. He spreads his arms out keeping them away from his sword trusting in his armor and faith to protect him if violence should break out. Good sir I would answer my hasty friend’s question we have lost one companion already to the rigors of the road. I would hate to have more blood spilt while here in the safety and confines of the city walls.
    With a glance at the other patrons and the inn staff We seek no trouble we are commissioned by the Temple of Heironeous in Hirdam to investigate the change in the safety of the trade routes please be seated or go about your business.
    Latem Yvaeh