New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

Vardin

Vardin will hold up his hands to show that he is not holding any weapons. Hold, I mean no harm to you or any others. I simply overheard you talking about the trade routes. I have worked many years guarding caravans, and I find that it is always good to keep my ears open for news of the routes. Please forgive my curiosity.

Vardin will make no other move that could be construed as hostile.

Spoiler
    Show

Did I forget to mention that he has mentally prepared the web spell. It is ready to cast if these very mean people try to attack him.
    :)
    Last edited by anIceFan; 2008-08-14 at 12:51 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #212
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

“Hmph!” she says as she puts her sword away. “If you want to trust this guy, then trust away. I’m going to get some air, you’ll find me with my horse.”

Riona sighs a bit and stands up, wandering out to find her horse. She smiles and wanders into the stables. “Ah well what do they know?” she asked a bit worried as she strokes her horse’s mane.

Spoiler
    Show
    Riona stays in the stables till someone comes and gets her, else after a few hours she’ll wander out. (Ah well not much to say sorry for the small post. haha. )
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William -----

Looks out at his friend and wonders at the hurt she must be feeling, she so eagerly interacted with new people when they first met. With a sigh he turns back to the caravan guard. Sir please forgive us my friend is not herself today and is quite jumpy mayhaps you can assist us. Our guide was just telling us about the upcoming trials we will face in meeting his leader. We are working on finding out the cause of the change in tactics used by raiders along the trade routes. You indicated you participated in the defence of this town. Please tell us what you know. The more information we have the better chance we have of resolving this conflict.

With that he sits back again keeping himself between the stranger and the goblin guide.

(sorry for the long delay was out sick with a stomache bug from Thursday through Saturday)
    Last edited by LatemYvaeh; 2008-08-18 at 10:23 AM.
    Latem Yvaeh

4. - Top - End - #214

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin relaxes a bit when it appears no on will attack him.
    There is no offense taken. Indeed, I ask forgiveness of my rudeness. I was listening to a private conversation. May I join you so that we may have a more comfortable conversation?

If they answer in the affirmative, he will join them, sitting away from the goblin. If not, he will say As you wish, I understand.

Then he will continue.
    Let me introduce myself, I am Vardin. I have worked for many years as a Caravan guard. Yesterday, just before you arrived, the town was attacked by a hord of goblins. They were more organized than I have experienced in the past. Shortly before we got the gates closed, everything went black. I was unable to locate the source of the blackness, but one thing I know; it was not natural.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #215

DruidGirl

Riona stroked her horse's mane and smiled back at the horse. "You know they trust that man, but the only way to know if someone trustworthy is fight in battle them."

"We must fight together and then.. and only then can one be truly trusted. Ah well I have trusted the others on nothing so perhaps I will give this man the same chance."

"I shall trust him for now
    ," she said as she started to place the saddle on her horse and load it full of items.

Spoiler
    Show
    :D Well I'm glad you are feeling better! I missed you guys!
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-08-18 at 06:58 PM.

6. - Top - End - #216

((So...why's this thread stopped?))
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

7. - Top - End - #217

DruidGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno! But I'm worried! :< where is everyone?!

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Argus still sits in his seat drinking to clear his headache from the previous night, heavy bags still under his eyes, but the eyes themselves look far more comfortable than before. "We did recently lose a member of our circle... lost to a goblin's knife, when he weren't even paying attention." Takes another gulp. "We could very much use another traveling companion to take his place, that is... in addition to our guide." He smiles at the goblin.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

9. - Top - End - #219

Planetar

Vardin

As the mood in the inn relaxes, Vardin releases the spell that he had prepared in his mind.

So the troubles on the trade routes is more widespread? I did not know that. pauses to think for a moment I was considering leaving the guard business. If none of you object, I would be pleased to help you determine the source of the problems. What have you found so far?

Spoiler
    Show

I never left, there was nothing for me to play against. I am always watching the thread waiting for an opening.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220

Spoiler
    Show

I've been hoping the thread would pick up upon it's own momentum, but now it's time for the hand of god (no offense hopefully >.>) to guide you.
    William seems a little slow to post, but we'll leave him be, and let him post when he gets around to it, instead of waiting.

"It's my people, they're the cause" chimes in the goblin, looking down into his drink "I am not proud of what my people have become, and so I've agreed to lead these people to them, in hopes that we can all solve this problem." He sighed, picking up his drink and finishing it off.
    "As soon as you all gather your horses, we will be ready to leave"
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Troll in the Playground

"Verily." Argus stood up, and finishing off his mug he walked back to the stables and took his horse.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #222
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

--- William ---

Listening to conversation he looks at the goblin and remarks Well you are part of the solution too, You will have to listen and learn what you can when we meet with the leaders of the Goblins they will give their reasons as they see them. We will give our opinions on the matter. You who have travelled with us will need to see which way lies the truth. With that he gets up from the table and begins walking to the door It will be good to have another companion escpicially one that is familiar with trade routes around the area.
    When he gets to the stable he gives the stable a boy a silver peice to get the horses ready and once they are mounted he gives him another silver peice and the follow message. Go to the Temple or Shire of Heironeous tell the cleric that we lost a companion named Finbiddle please contact the gnome community and let them know he died a hero and add his name to the ranks of the dutiful.
    With that he rides out after Riona
    Latem Yvaeh

13. - Top - End - #223

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin accepts that he has now been included into this group. He will still be a bit on guard around them. He rises with them and retrieves his horse from the stables.

Once he is ready, he will join the others ready to ride out.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Regord_Silentflame - I have taken the liberty to update my sheet with the purchase of a horse.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224

((Alright, you guys head out without any problem. I'll give everyone a little time to post anything they'd want to do "on the road", and if no-one does, I'll skip ahead.))
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225

DruidGirl

Riona watched her companions enter the stables and promptly climbed on her horse, riding out into the street. She waited for them patiently; watching Vardin carefully was he got on his horse. Her eyes narrowed for a bit but she quickly turned her head as William rode up next to her. Her horse was calm as it pushed it hooves against the hard cobble stones as Riona patted the left side of it’s neck, drawing its attention as they were about to move out.

Riona hesitated for a moment and dropped a quick word to Vardin, “Sorry for not allowing you some trust, I will do better to see whether you are worthy of the trust I give you now. You'd better not disappoint me.”

Her face turned stern as she looked deeply into Vardin’s eyes and then she lightly applied pressure to her horse’s sides and off they went. She made sure the others were following as she rode towards the edge of town. She figured they could get outside the town and proceed from there. She was handy around the woods and preferred the outside greatly to the cramped quarters of the inner cities and towns. The towns were musty and newly wrought on the land unlike the forests. As she neared the edge of town she nodded to the guards, dipping her head in respect as her horse guided her outside of town. She rode a few feet out of the town, allowed her horse to rear up and turned to face her party members.

As the approached she followed the leader of the pack.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Unless she is the leader? haha dunno why that would be)

Her sharp eye ever watchful of the evils of Goblin and Undead. Her two most hated enemies, now even more hated as they killed her companion Fenbiddle so deceitfully in battle. Her hand was always prepared to leap to her hips and draw the deadly blade from the sheath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Pissah- I hope I don’t have to have a ride check just to look cool. :P Oh I am assuming nothing fell off of her horse. Nice to see everyone.

HEY NO FAIR REAGORD you got there just a bit early for me. HAHA alright I'll post something "on-the-road" if someone else does first.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

--- William ---

As they ride out of the city William watched the Goblin ride to the lead guiding them towards his leader. With a glance at Riona he marvels at the bond she seems to have with her mount and he is also glad his mount is a calm steady animal used to the weight of armored riders. Once they clear the gates and the crowds moving about the city he falls into the easy ride of a long journey and begins thinking about the difficulties of speaking with a hostile leader and clears his mind to find the guidance of his god for the tasks ahead.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am good for a flash forward
    Latem Yvaeh

17. - Top - End - #227

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin sits easy on his horse. Not sure where the hostility of the fierce woman came from, he responds I can make no promises, I will do my best for our combined cause.

He will allow the group to form up as they would trying to find his natural position.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

Argus tries to stay in the front of the pack but still behind the guide, his stout armor and reliable blade attached to him like they were his own body. He begins humming an old hymn of his days as a stable-boy at the cathedral of Heironeous.
    "Far off I see the goal —
    O Saviour, guide me;
    I feel my strength is small —
    be Thou beside me;
    With vision ever clear,
    with love that conquers fear,
    And grace to persevere,
    O Lord, provide me.
    "

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

Your trip finished without problem, and you reach the Goblin camp. The camp is a close grouping of cottages and tents, arranged in a vaguely circular shape. There are several goblins walking from place to place, and two burly hobgoblins hulking towards your group with scowls on their faces.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Argus rides up ahead, beside the goblin guide and stares hard at the surly hobgoblins. He makes no actions that might be considered hostile other than that, but he makes sure he doesn't look like anything even close to a push-over.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William -----

Seeing Argus go on guard for signs of trouble William drops to the ground from his horse and slowly walks forward. As he is passing the goblin he hands him his horse’s reigns then walks 10 paces out in front of the group and stops. He takes the easy stance of someone used to waiting in full armor then calls out in voice just loud enough to carry to the village
    Good guardsmen we come seeking an audience with your leader. We are a delegation representing the Temple of Heironeous. I am William and these are my traveling companions. If you would be so good as to inform you leader we are here. We will be happy to wait while you make arrangements for us.
    He then waits in ready anticipation racking his memory for the hierarchy of goblin tribes and their command structures.
    Latem Yvaeh

22. - Top - End - #232

DruidGirl

Riona looks at the two brutish looking hobgoblins lumbering towards the group, she grips her sword as she sees Argus foolish ride forward and stare down the hobgoblins. 'He knows so little about the way goblin society is run,’ she theorizes in her mind, her knuckles turning a sharp white as she continues to grip the hilt of her sword.

Riona looks down at the ground were the hobgoblins feet are and paces in her mind how quickly she can from there to here and how far they will move, but before she is done calculating William catches her eye as he gets off his horse and walks towards the hobgoblins.

Riona sighs as William speaks toward the group in common language, she climbed off her horse and taking the reigns in her hand to lead the horse with her, she walked up to him and spoke softly, in his ear. “These are GOBLINS,” she stressed. “I am doubtful that will listen to us- peacefully, if you understand,” she whispered as she continued to hold to her swords hilt.

Riona sighs and takes a step back she thought that maybe her skills at speaking Goblin would be useful, but alas she was going to allow them to do whatever they wanted. If needed she could always speak but she preferred the way of the sword.

23. - Top - End - #233

Planetar

Vardin

As soon as Vardin sees the Goblin camp he takes a moment to prepare himself in case of battle. When they stop, he will remain mounted and take up a position just behind, and a little to the side of the group leaders. In his mind he prepares to defend the group without getting in their way.

Spoiler
    Show

First thing is he casts mage armor on himself. do you want a concentration check?

Next, he will prepare color spray and will cast it as soon as any creature makes an offensive move towards the party.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #234

((OOC: No need for the concentration Vardin, they're not next to you))

The Hobgoblins stop only a few second's charge away from William. They glare at the rest of the group and then at William, holding their Maces in front of them then bark out orders
    "Ennach hurtase ortake uryate!!"

For those who speak Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

"Come with us, now!"
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

--- William ---

I am sorry but I do not speak your language.
    He looks over at Riona What did they say?
    He waits in anticipation hoping that he has not already put his foot into it and led his comrades into an ambush. While he has faith in his fighting prowess that is not his mission today.
    Latem Yvaeh

26. - Top - End - #236

DruidGirl

Riona looks over at William and explains. “They said that they want us to come with them,” she said as she looked at them.

Riona takes a step forward pulling the reigns of her horse along, her hand never seemed to leave her hilt but she only hovered over it. She spoke back, holding back her sharp tongue, “Oank wurte wdeaisall wat talo crok nurk,” she said in goblin and started to follow them.

For those that speak Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show
    OK we will come with you right now.”

Riona followed them urging her friends on. “I told them we would come with them,” she said her hate of Goblins seemed to seep out of her pores, as she followed the guards, not turning to look at her friends, but watching them closely.

27. - Top - End - #237

The Hobgoblins let out a call towards the camp, and several more hobgoblins come out from some of the fore-most tents, marching towards the group. They walk around the group, surrounding them, but keeping a respectable distance, and they start towards the camp.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

----- William -----

At Riona's words William can be seen to phyiscally relax he falls in behind the hobgoblins. He gives Riona space in case her well known distrust of goblins proves a better course than his hope for converting these goblins to the faith. As he walks he takes in the sights of the camp looking for signs of poverty or deprevations that would indicate that the tribe is being used by the leader instead of being proctected by him.
    Latem Yvaeh

29. - Top - End - #239

Spoiler
    Show

I Hope you guys aren't waiting on me to respond, I've been waiting for at least one other person to post
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240

Planetar

Vardin

As the group moves forward into the camp, Vardin moves towards the back of the group. He keeps his eyes moving all around ensuring that he will be able to help clear a path for the group if there is need for them to escape.

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry, I missed your post on 8/29. I didn't realize that action came back to us.
    Spoiler
    Show