New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Halfling in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: The Crusade Against the Shade [IC] (GROUP 2)

Riona sighs as she walks along looking back quickly to check on her party as she wonders why they think the savage goblins would ever switch to a faith other than their own.

She walks along the beaten path, watching for the quickest way out, as she follows behind the hobgoblins. She was quiet but simmering angry at the fact she had to travel with goblins. Goblins were the root of all-evil in the evil tree of the world. They bred of blood and rage filling their surroundings with their evil and destruction, they killed for pleasure and pleasure alone. They were evil. She hated them and wanted to quickly be off from here or destroy their evil whatever way possible.

She felt her lips and throat dry up, as she got tense from the surroundings. She tried to count the goblins they walked by but their seemed to be so many, so she gave up and continued to watch the exits and how to exit easily. She looked ahead towards the larger huts and the way the camp was laid out.

Spoiler
    Show
    I posted.. though I didn’t know what to say. Is this alright though? WOOO! FIRST ON PAGE 9
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-09-02 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Wanted to add something to my spoiler
    Don't bother me, I'm D&D-ing

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Hobgoblins lead you through their 'city' and off to one of the few permanent structures, near the center. A bugbear was standing outside the building, it's ankle chained to a post. It watched your group with anger, but the hobgoblins shouted at it, waving it away, and it growled, walking away from the door. They then flanked the door, and opened it, gesturing for you to enter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

William enters into the building noting how the hobgoblins are treating the bugbear. He wonders at the cruelty of chaining another thinking being as he passes he nods to the bugbear then passes into the darker interior of the building where he pauses to allow his eyes to adjust. After his eyes focus to the new light level he looks about taking in the room and its exits he then follows the hobgoblins to there leader. While he walks he notices the look in Riona's eyes and her stance, he says a silent prayer to Heironeous 'May you guide my comrade in the upcoming hours and allow her to see the righteous choice and guide us all to glory.'
    Latem Yvaeh

4. - Top - End - #244

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin is quite indifferent to the way the goblins are treating the bugbear. He knows that had they met in the wild, he would have done his best to kill or run off the beast. He was a bit disheartened by the sounds of the chains rattling, they made him think of a line of prisoners being led to slaughter.

He made it a point to dismount awkwardly and lean on his quarterstaff as if it were a walking stick. The goblins had made no effort to disarm them as of yet, but perhaps if they did they would allow him to keep it.

Once inside, he takes up a position in the rear, so that he can open up a route for escape if the need arose. He allows the prepared web spell to wash back into his mind and instead prepares to dazzle the goblinfolk with color. No need to muck up their escape route with webbing.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Argus looks at the chained hobgoblin with the slightest bit of sympathy. He then looks forward, keeping as close to the front as possible, always ready to grab his sword should the need arise and letting his head swim with liquid courage and determination. As he moves along he hums the hymn from his old church.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #246

DruidGirl

Riona does not calm down as they approach the large hut, her nerves tensing even more. A closed area even if not very strong would slow their escape provided they need one. She looked over at the bugbear as they passed, wondering if she could use its strength in any possible escape attempt. She however looked calm, cool, and composed, at least composed as on the inside she was not calm as they led them into the hut.

As she entered the rank place she looked around, checking for guards and counting them. Her eyes made quick work of the place helping her memorize every single detail. She remained alert but closer to the front of the group, as she was needed to translate. She then looked ahead her eyes towards the front of the hut.

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for being so slow~

7. - Top - End - #247

The building is shabby on the inside, with no windows, rugs, or any accessories or furniture, aside from a large desk in the middle of the room, surrounded by several uncomfortable-looking wooden chairs. On the far end of the table, sits a goblin, with another standing next to him, and a rough-looking hobgoblin behind them.

As all of you enter, the seated goblin smiles, his sharp wicked teeth unnerving
    "Come, sit down, I'm sure that if you've taken one of us as your guide, then you have urgent business"
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

William walks across the room gives a slight bow to the goblin at the desk and sits in the center chair. He motions for their goblin guide to come forward and stand be side him.

I am William cleric of Heironeous from the city of Hirdam. We are investigating the change in the travel conditions along the trade routes. As you know trading is a risky business and those that take that risk have certain expectations. When those expectations change it causes panic and changes the realms sometimes for the better sometimes for the worse. So we are investigating. Now we were set upon by goblin raiders they fought bravely and honorably for their cause and their sole survivor refused to give us any information. He did agree to let us meet with his leader and so we come to you. And may I have the pleasure of your name sir?

After speaking he leans back in his chair and looks at the leader waiting for him to speak. He avoids the temptation to look around and see what his comrades are doing he places his trust that they will watch his back.
    Latem Yvaeh

9. - Top - End - #249

The goblin nodded, his face unchanged
    "You may call me Gerwin, and of your trade situation I have this to say. Your trade routs cut through our lands, and before we had been happy to simply 'take' our 'fair' share of your profits to allow you passage. Now though, we simply wish you to stay out of our borders, and it concerns you none as to why"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #250

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin is about to angrily give the Goblin leader his opinion on taking their fare share, when he remembers bot that he is the new guy in the group and that they are in the middle of a goblin camp. He wisely bites his lip and waits for one of the groups veterans to handle the discussions.
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

Ahh there we go a good place to start. So you are stating that you are establishing a Kingdom and you wish to secure your borders and prevent outside interferance. A truely noble cause so our next task is to determine the boundries you are claiming. As I am sure you are aware there some of the attacks that have occurred happened in the lands that the King of Hirdam claims as his own. Now that you are making a claim to them as well this could lead to unpleasantness. So why don't you have your senchal bring forth a map of the lands that you claim. Once we have viewed it we can decided what course to take. If we do this correctly we could see the formation of a goblin state that would allow you to establish trade and protection for your people.

William relaxes back into his chair. He glances over at the goblin guide and then back to Gerwin. He prays that Riona is paying careful attention to the surroundings and to thw words of the leader as he knows she would best be able to tell if they are lieing or hiding more than he suspects.
    Latem Yvaeh

12. - Top - End - #252

Your guide pales slightly at hearing William's words, and he looks back and forth across the faces of the goblins on the other side of the table, a look of worry on his face.

"Do not speak as though we are new-born children. My clan has ruled this land for hundreds of years, and for hundreds more before that our people have inhabited this land. Simply because we do not mark our lands with stakes and towers does not mean it is not ours, and neither your greedy king nor your self-righteous god can take that from us!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Argus seems to stiffen where he stands, keeping his eyes on the guards and leader. He seems utterly eager to grab his sword, but refrains from it until someone makes a move against his companions.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

William leans forward and looks Gerwin square in the eye.Now sir lets not be insulting My god is not self righteous Heironeous is the defender of the weak and the administer of justice. As for the King of Hirdam I have never met him so I can not say if he is greedy or not. And you are correct there are civilizations that have existed long before humans moved into these lands some have come and gone and others are but shadows of their former selves. But that is neither here nor there you yourself have stated you want us to stay out of your lands and leave you to your business and that may be able to be accomplished. Now I have my doubts as I have seen how you treat your bugbear guard keeping a thinking being chained is a crime in my eyes but I do not know your culture or your laws. So I say to you again if you truly want us to stay out of your lands bring forth a map or provide us with a trusted guide who can assist us in making one to take back to the King of Hirdam.

William stays leaning forward with his eyes on Gerwin he has a sneaking suspicion that he is not the true power behind the changes in the region.
    Latem Yvaeh

15. - Top - End - #255

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin realizes that he should have asked a few more questions before he joined this group. These negotiations appear to be going downhill fast. He does his best to keep from fidgeting.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256

The second goblin sidles up to the ruler and leans over to his ear, and whispers.

For those of you that know Goblin, and care to listen in
    Spoiler
    Show

These fools are as irritating as that pesky sorcerer, but without the same incentive. Send them away

The goblin steps back, and the ruler sits up in his chair
    "Your current traveling companion knows the boundaries of our land as well as any other, so you can take him to create your map, and if it is not satisfactory, we'll continue to do as we please." He stands from his chair signaling with a clap of his hands for the Hobgoblins outside to open the door. "I believe this negotiation is over."
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #257

DruidGirl

Riona sneers a bit at the negotiations that were taking place around her. She had stood still long enough at least she thought that was the case, considering her hate of the goblins. And this new little tidbit of information was quite intriguing to her ears.

“Oh- so you think you can send us away?” Riona said with a small smile. “I think we need to continue the talk, considering apparently a “pesky sorcerer” came here as well. Let us talk about him,” she said harshly, gripping her sword as she glanced around at the goblins sizing them up.

She stole a glance at her party, “I was never good with holding my tongue nor with any of these “social faux pas” as it were,” she said with a small shrug as she turned her attentions back to her goblin “friends”. With every exit memorized and her knowledge of the camp she had great confidence in the escape of her friends if not the destruction of this goblin camp.
    Last edited by Ritz_PBoD; 2008-09-15 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Color thing won't work

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

The crusader speaks up for the first time since he got here, his booming voice ringing throughout the chamber with a righteous tone. "If to do as you please means more innocent blood spilled, then I can't let you! You obviously have chosen the path of greed and corruption! To forgo the ability to let harmless vendors pass through your land... For gold! and trinket! They mean you no harm, but if you intend to harm them I will have to intend it for them!" Valor burns in his eyes as he speaks. The smell of bourbon on his breath.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate: (1d20+10)[22]
    Just going to be generally imposing.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-09-16 at 05:24 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #259

The leader takes a step back, the slightest hint of fear showing on his face as he watches the two angry humans loom upon him. The Hobgoblin guards point their weapons downward, and start to advance on your group, but the leader composes himself, holding his arm out to signify their halt. After a moment he looks into Riona's eyes.

"I anticipated your king sending some lackeys to stop out 'unruly behavior'." He snaps his fingers, and his attendant walks up, and hands him a scroll, which the leader then tosses onto the table "I have marked the lands to which we claim, it leaves plenty of room for your precious trade caravans. Now be gone from my city."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

William leans forward picks up the scroll and then leans back in the chair. He then looks at the leader Before we leave let me offer you a few peices of advice. First treat your people better and I do mean all your people. Second do not stray into the path of evil too many people consider goblinkin to be a scourge to destroy so if you want to protect the lives of your people establish relationships with the surrounding kingdoms. You can do so by contacting any number of the temples in the region. Third and final peice of advice don't harm any innocents if you do so you will invoke the wrath of many powers in the region and many of them are not as calm as I am. With that I bid you good day and good luck may Heironeous bless and guide you to the path of Duty, Honor, and Valor and may your kingdom be a defender of the week and oppressed.

With that William stands and gives the bow to an earthly ruler and turns and walks from the hall.
    Latem Yvaeh

21. - Top - End - #261

Although every goblinoid listening to the conversation is glaring angrily at you all, they all allow William to pass, as well as any of the rest of you that follow.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262

Planetar

Vardin

As the "negotiations" pregress, Vardin remains attentive. He can almost feel the energy building in his fingers waiting to be released. Certain that the audience would end in violence, he is surprised when the rest of the team is apparently satisfied with the negotiations and they begin to leave. Because he is not fully versed in the plans of the team, he waits until the others have exited and then slips out behind them, keeping his eyes on the goblins in the tent. At no point will he release the energy.

Spoiler
    Show

Just a reminder that Vardin is keeping a color spray prepared just in case someone tries to attack.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Argus seems to deflate from his zealous cry as he sighs. "Your corrupt and vile ways will one day be the end of you, but I am a man of too great conviction. I stand before you... you alive and breathing healthily, only because of my conviction and the strength of will I draw from the Archpaladin. Should we cross paths again, goblin... I only hope my will is as strong as it is now..." He turns and begins to leave.

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

---- William ----

William walks calmly through the camp lightly clutching the scroll.
    When he reaches the horses he pauses and looks back to see if the goblin guide came with him. After all Gerwin instructed him to continue the role as guide. When everyone that followed him out has reached the horse. He speaks in a low tone. That went slightly better than I expected but lets ride over the hill and discuss what you all saw. With that he mounts up and waits for the others to do so.
    Latem Yvaeh

25. - Top - End - #265

Planetar

Vardin

Vardin mounts and joins the others leaving the camp. He whispers to himself Better than expected. I guess we are still alive at least.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Troll in the Playground

The crusader of Heironeous mounts his horse and spurs it's sides to move. As he rides his head seems to hang low, as everyone sees this as better than expected, he still sees it as a defeat. The sorrow is obvious on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #267

DruidGirl

Riona looked suspiciously at her party as they started to leave the tent and out off the camp. She never took her hand off her sword and carefully climbed on her horse. She made sure on her way out to get a good look at the camp again in case they needed to raid it or otherwise make the Goblins no more. Then she looked down at her horse’s reigns and took a deep breath trying to not want to tear anyone’s head off.

Quickly turning towards William she whispered as she road a bit ahead of him, “They are hiding something we should have stayed and questioned the Goblin-scum.”

She glared a bit and the rode next to him in silence.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

--- ooc Regord did the goblin come with us or did he stay in the camp if he came with us I would like his opinion on what happened first ---

----- William -----

Once the group crosses out of site of the main camp William pulls his horse to a halt and looks at the group. Ok, now that we are out of site of the main camp I would like your opinions on what happened. I will prepare detect magic tomorrow morning in my devotions to check out this scroll unless someone here already can. I have a sneaking feeling the writing on it may be trapped. But beyond that I have some other feelings about what I saw heard and experienced, but before I put them out there I would like to hear about what you saw in the camp and in the tent as I was paying close attention to Gerwin not his advisers nor to the guards.

He then turns and looks at the goblin guide If you don't mind would you start they are your people. I would like to get your thoughts on the matter.
    Latem Yvaeh

29. - Top - End - #269

Your guide nods,
    "I wasn't paying much attention to the guards either. The only thing I saw was that you offended our people's claim to power and land, and our traditional way of life, and so our leader became defensive.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #270

Planetar

Vardin

If you will allow me, I can be of help determining if there are any magical traps on the map.

He will move his horse over to William and offers his hand for the map. Once he has it he will cast detect magic on the map, examining it for as long as he is able to gain information.
    Spoiler
    Show