New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13385354555657585960616263
Results 1,861 to 1,867 of 1867
  1. - Top - End - #1861
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Age of Ruin IC: Facing down destiny

Orin

Orin gets up and starts donning his armour and equipment.

"Very well. We are about to face our destiny. Some say, this would be a good time to pray. I'm just not a very religious man."

Orin seems unusually somber. Not in a flippant mood apparently.

Lycar
    "I don't function in society. I'm a mercenary. I blow society up."

Cpl. Shore Pibald, Schlock Mercenary.

Quote Originally Posted by NecroRebel View Post
    ... Music ... causes Bards.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riffington View Post
    Bah. Lycar is absolutely right.

2. - Top - End - #1862
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Draven winced as Ismal mentioned her father. He couldn't imagine that would go over well, most Davethrans saw Clansmen as barbaric, crude, uncivilized, but he nodded. He knew the importance of family, especially to a Davethran noble.

"All the more reason to be careful out there. As for the Gnome, well, at this point, it's not for me so much as it is for Judah, and to stop Grymhålde from hurting anyone else. I didn't want to ask, but I'm glad you'll come with."

He looked down for a moment, then back up, grinning.

"And as long as that's not a 'no', you've made me very happy indeed. You ready to do this?"
    Draven 'God-Slayer' Kheldravan - Dragon Shaman, healer, tank. "Balls-Driven Brute", officially retired.
    Runa Redgrave
    - Appears to be a Wizard, but looks can deceive. Angst-fueled daughter of immigrants.
    Kali Meliamne - Wild-Elf Monk with a disdain for injustice, clothing.
    Remus Rutgerson - Living perfection turned evil, trapped between revenge and redemption.

3. - Top - End - #1863
    Troll in the Playground

Sumner Kesh
    Silent and solemn as any armored golem, Sumner Kesh makes ready. He'd spent a lot of time in that cabin, sitting with his family's acestral swords across his lap. They had a nice weight to them, and their craftsmanship was such that you could almost forget it was a weapon for a minute. Although whatever magic coursed through them kept them sharp already, Sumner spends some time honing the edge of the Second Hand. Soon he'd face whatever minions Gothul could muster, and then Gothul himself. The irony of striking down the power of the Old Empire to build the new one was not lost on him. There just was no alternative. Besides, for all his intentions, he doubted he could have assembled so many powerful allies so quickly himself...but doubtless none of them were particlarly keen on the notion of the Empire Reborn. A temporary alliance then. He could only hope that they would part on decent terms.
    It would take a while before Azakan could gain influence enough to make another bid for the throne...But Sumner would be there. Oh yes. He'd be there.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

4. - Top - End - #1864
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Kaleff Nefud

Finished with his preparations, Kaleff allows himself a reprieve from the solemnity he'd born since his first death. For a while he rests on his bunk, observing the others in their various preparations about him. Aren't we always faced with our destiny, isn't every action a prayer?

Silent, Kaleff exits the cabin to wander the ship, thinking deep over his life, and the events that seemed to push him this way. What other courses were out there? What other currents might he let himself be carried by?

5. - Top - End - #1865
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal Pennefar

Ismal has spent the night with arms wrapped around Draven's broad shoulders, and wakes with an unfamiliar and unsettling feeling. What was it? Oh, yes. Hope.

She slides from the bed onto the floor for her meditations. The power of the dragon, that had been building with her over the past few months, would face its greatest challenges today. She would aspire to the grace and poise that Khael'an had shown them yesterday. She would.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #1866
    Ogre in the Playground

The ship lands on the hard sand, behind a large hill. You walk up onto deck, in the cold morning.
    Thirty Zahn in elegant chainmail and armed with vicious-looking swords and crossbows are stationed around the ship, behind sand dunes. On the ship itself stands Wasari and three other Zahn in black robes.
    To one side stand the priests of the Ilsharei; the priests of Isana in red and yellow, muttering to each other, their eyes bulging, the priests of Imshaeroth, grim and dour in their gray cloaks and clutching their scythes, and the priests of Ravir, bestial-looking, sniffing at the air, wearing only the hides of tigers and wolves.
    The priests of the Kael Vorn stand alone, nervously.
    So, says Ruchion, the city is on the other side of this hill. Kaleff and Ismal, you are going, yes? We will wait for you here then.

7. - Top - End - #1867
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Ismal

Ismal bids Draven adieu with a lingering kiss.

"Don't kill Orin before I get back."

Turning to Kaleff for confirmation of his readiness, Ismal casts a flurry of spells that end with both of them, briefly, appearing as long, sinuous gold dragons, before they disappear from sight. As they launch over the hill, Ismal sends her thoughts to Kaleff.

"Remember, we're moving very quickly. I can only see you when I'm fairly close, and you can't see me at all. Send me your thoughts before you maneuver. The last thing we need is us crashing into each other in the air."
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut