New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Vanquishers of Reillalt

Viktor AC:16 HP:25/30

"Sonia, Royal, lets regroup and get ready to fight whatever is coming." Viktor raises his morningstar and tries to end his wretched foe with a crooked swing. (1d20+4=10, 1d8+2=4)

At the conclusion of his attack he moves north of the nearest tombstone and stands with his back to it ready for a fight, "I am the beacon that has drawn them to us and so to me they shall come, let this battle rage."

edit: nimbus of light- 30 min
    Last edited by Visturon; 2008-04-15 at 06:13 PM.
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin AC:18 HP:24/24

See that the last ghoul is decently wounded and that most of the of his team is moving to surround it Phaerin takes this time to hide behind a head stone waiting to ambush any more enemies. Hide (1d20+8=27)
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sonia kicks the ghoul's carcass off her swords and dodges behind a tombstone.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move to the square south of the tombstone I'm adjacent to.
    Hide (1d20+9=12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC: 17, HP: Was 23, now 27

A paladin doesn't cower, however, Royal is not stupid either, and thus she takes the advice... kinda.

"We keep low for now," she says with that commanding tone of hers, though delivered somewhat hastily and quieter than before, "But prepare for an assault as soon as these shapes reveal themselves; I'll take the front."

With that she moves up to the mausoleum , pressing herself against the wall next to the door, but not in front of it (the door). Finally, she presses a hand to her side and recharges herself with her divine energy, looking in reasonably better shape once again.

[Full move up to the mausoleum, and use 4 of my 5 HP from Lay on hands. the final one, you NEVER KNOW, may come in handy. However can she make a hide check using these actions?]
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2008-04-15 at 11:57 AM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

5. - Top - End - #35

Hiram Norrell

AC: 15 HP: 18/18

Hiram curses the ineffectiveness of his spell and steps just out of claw range of the ghoul before shooting it with his crossbow.

Five foot step straight back (west) and shooting the ghoul with his crossbow.

Attack: (1d20+3)[18] Damage: (1d8+1)[5]

Recharge Timer
    Shield - 30 mins.
    2nd Level - 4 rounds
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ghouls 21
    Sonia 20
    Viktor 16
    Hiram 16
    Royal 15
    Lance 11
    Paerin 6
    Incoming enemies

((Re-reading the turn rules, the ghoul is not turned like I made it seem.))

The remaining ghoul lashes and bites at Viktor, but results in nothing more than flailing.
    Viktor's attack misses the agile ghoul, and he retreats. The enemy tries to get one last attack, but it is as useless as the first.
    Hiram's bolt lodges itself above the collarbone of the ghoul. He looks quite weak as the dark magic animating him seems to fade.
    Lance brings his large sword to bear on the creature, and the second cleaves into it's side, and it goes limp with a screech.
    Paerin and Sonia take cover and attempt to stay out of sight.

The large creatures move in at top speed. The first one to come into view reveals itself to be a tremendous zombie Ape! It moves with far more speed than most of it's type. It moves in at great speed and mauls Viktor with it's sharp, clawed hands. The blow seems great, and Viktor is blown off-balance, but not with the same force the attack should have had. (6 dmg)
    A second creature runs in towords Viktor past Royal, and she has the chance to club it. ((Take the AoO if wanted)) He notices her, and stops to swing a heavy arm at the new target, and hits her violently (12 dmg)
    The third draws closer, but remains obscured by the fog.
    (Viktor deals 4 dmg from his light to the one by him.)

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php..._Vanq.jpg.html

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:16 HP:19/30

Viktor strikes at the ape that just tore into his flesh with an errant blow.(1d20+4=9, 1d8+2=3) He immediately thereafter shouts, "They are not real, merely some kind of dark illusion; they shouldn't take much for us to kill!"

Even as he speaks his brilliant aura fades and seems to gather on his arm that he suddenly thrusts out toward the beast releasing a blinding blast.(1d20+3=15, 1d8+3=8) Viktor's light now shines bright only to ten feet out.

nimbus of light- 30 min
    Holy Radiance- (1d4=4)
    Last edited by Visturon; 2008-04-16 at 01:21 AM.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

8. - Top - End - #38

HP: 21/21, AC 21.

Sonia springs from her cover and attacks the undead brute with a single thrust from her left sword.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Move two squares east
    Standard action: Initiate Sapphire Nightmare Blade.
    Concentration roll: 1d20+7=13
    Attack roll: Attack ape (1d20+7=25)
    Damage: 2d6+3=13
    If the Concentration check beat the ape's normal AC, then the attack roll is against his flat-footed AC. If it didn't, then the attack roll takes a -2 penalty from what I showed and the second die rolled for damage does not count (making total damage 8).
    Note that me, Viktor and anyone else who moves to attack the ape in mêlée counts as flanking regardless of position because of Island of Blades stance.
    Last edited by Swooper; 2008-04-16 at 04:22 AM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lance 30/30hp, Ac16
    [once it gets to his turn]
    Lance moves foreward and swings his swords at the ape that attacked Viktor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (main hand): (1d20+3)[19]
    Attack roll (off hand): (1d20+3)[20]
    Damage roll (main hand): (1d10+3)[10]
    Damage roll (off hand): (1d10+1)[2]
    Adding +2 damage if they are undead as always
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC: 17, HP: 15 or 27

(The HP depends on if she killed it with the AoO)

Surprise Attack! (1d20 5=22)

2 handed damage (1d8 3=5)

Royal looks almost surprised by what she's hammering, swearing an oath to Heironeous when the thing rounds on her. She takes the blow poorly, nearly staggering to her knees as she feels the heavy blow through her armor, (Should it hit her) but she manages to stay standing, and sends a blow right back at it.

Attack (1d20+5=12)
    2h damage (1d8 3=8)

"Everyone, move in to flank these abominations!" she cries, her bloodied appearance and returned ferocity making her seem nearly as scary as the zombies...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin runs out of the shadows, his cat close behind, and makes A decent Attack(1d20+3=15, 1d6+2=8), possibly doing moderate damage to the large reanimated corpse, while his cat makes a misplaced attack(1d20+5=9)(Dmg always minimum 1).

He calmly says to the creature, not caring if they hear or not,"You have been found wanting by the shadows. I return you to their embrace."

((Move 5 ft. NW, and 25 ft. N))

Recharge Timer:
    Steel Shadows 6hrs.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2008-04-16 at 09:52 PM.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

12. - Top - End - #42

Hiram Norrell

Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!

Hiram reloads his crossbow and fires at the ape attacking Viktor.

Attack: (1d20+3)[8] Damage: (1d8+1)[3]

Recharge Timer
    Shield - 30 mins
    2nd Level - 3 rounds

13. - Top - End - #43

Royal's attack connects as the beast tries to run by.

Sonia 20
    Viktor 16
    Hiram 16
    Royal 15
    Lance 11
    Paerin 6
    Zombie Apes (of doom)

Sonia (thank you for reminding us about stances) attempts to use her Sublime Knowledge to attack, but it results in nothing more than a regular stab. However, Sonia is able to see what Viktor is talking about, as the attack feels like piercing Styrofoam ((Not that she has ever seen any)), and the beast slumps down, then disperses into the air in a black cloud.
    Viktor fires his blast, but it misses slightly. He runs forth and closes the distance.
    Hiram's bolt strikes the mausoleum, snapping on the hard stone.
    Unfortunately, Royal's luck does not continue and the ape moves out of the hammer's arc with surprising speed.
    Lances moves forward past where the now defeated ape was, and flanks Royal's foe. The first attack is well placed, but the ape proves to be swifter. Once again, his first attack lends it's momentum to the second, and his second sword finally hits. He uses his studied knowledge to strike deadlier, but the savage zombie still stands.

Royal is the subject of another arm slam... but this time the attack seems softer. She begins to realize that they are creatures of shadow, only partially solid. (Dmg:2). The last zombie moves forward and charges Lance, but he immediately comes to the same revelation Royal did (Natural 20 on the save; dmg: 3).
    The Ape fighting Viktor and Royal has been slowly burning from Viktor's light, and now the sizzle erupts into a holy flame on the beast as it disintegrates, then turns into shadow-steam.

A wind has picked up. The weather around here is most unusual.

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php..._Vanq.jpg.html
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-04-17 at 09:22 AM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC: 17/HP: 13

Wiping her chin, which was clipped from the last attack, Royal glances about warily with the expectation that more gruesome lurkers in the graveyard will launch an attack. She doesn't loosen her grip on Primus the Warhammer, holding it in front of her as she approaches the rest of her teammates.

"...Illusionary monsters mixed with real ones; it would seem our opponent has either limited resources or such an overconfident mind that he finds us folly. But, is everyone alright?" She glances at Viktor, ignoring her own crimson wounds in the process.

"We need some sort of advantage. Nothing would please me more than charging this rotten enemy down, but..." Royal huffs, in fact she DOES look poised to run off swinging that hammer into anything taller than a gravestone but self control asserts itself, indicating that yes, there seems to be foggy land and dark secrets all around "Bravery becomes foolishness in that case. What now?"
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2008-04-18 at 01:25 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

AC 19, HP 21/21.

"Whatever these creatures are, they go down easily!" Sonia calls as she jumps at the last remaining shadow-ape, stabbing with both swords.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift action: Activate the Sudden Jump manoeuvre to move to the square west of the dead ghoul (10 feet Long Jump, so DC 10: Sudden jump (1d20+6=17)).
    Full round: Full attack the last ape.
    Main hand (1d20+7=14)
    Off hand (1d20+7=23)
    Damage 1 (1d6+3=8)
    Damage 2 (1d6+3=4)

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:16 HP:19/30

Viktor swings about to face the new undead ape, "Phaerin, earlier you said something about magic nearby, where was it? And do you know of anything that creates shadow beasts such as these?"

Viktor quickly moves 5 feet toward the remaining ape [SW 1 square] and attacks wildly.(1d20+4=9, 1d8+2=4) "It would seem that today the light is in my eyes."

nimbus of light- 30 min
    Holy Radiance(1d4=4)

17. - Top - End - #47

Hiram Norrell

AC: 15 HP: 18/18

Hiram moves behind the nearest headstone and conjures a slick layer of grease underneath the shadow-zombie ape, all the while racking his brain for anything he may have learned about these creatures.

Moving diagonally two squares to the northeast. Casting grease underneath the monster. Reflex DC 15 or fall.

Knowledge (Arcana): (1d20+11)[17]
    Knowledge (Dungeoneering): (1d20+11)[25]
    Knowledge (The Planes): (1d20+11)[14]
    Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+11)[15]

Recharge Timer
    Shield - 30 min.
    2nd Level - 2 rounds
    1st Level - (1d6+1)[2]

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lance hp 27/30 ac16
    Again, Lance moves to attack the ape, hoping to finish the monster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll (main):(1d20+3)[4]
    Attack roll (off):(1d20+3)[15]
    Damage roll (main): (1d10+5)[10]
    Damage roll (off): (1d10+3)[11]
    +2 for undead incorporated this time
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

[EDIT: I retract my last post, after realizing that in fact all of the apes were NOT dead/dissipated/ et all and mistook combat as being over. ...Please forgive me for that... --;]

Royal
    AC:17 HP:15

Seeing the other dark creature attack the others, Royal wastes no time in following after it, her hammer arcs over her head in a blurred crescent. Momentum carrying her towards the creature, the heavy sledge strikes true, moreso than any other of the blows she's dealt to these undead or perhaps unreal monstrosities.

Warhammer to the head (1d20 5=25)

"Illusionary monsters?!? Our foe is either of limited resources or finds our involvement shear folly. Either way..." she punctuates after the hammer crashes into the thing, "...I am grievously insulted!"

Warhammer to the head (one handed) (1d8 1=9)

She huffs, trying to ignore her injuries with her pride keeping her thoughts occupied.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2008-04-18 at 01:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin moves to finish off the creature. If his allies have already delt with it by the time he gets there, he instead peers into the shadows again to see magical auras.

((move 15 ft. NM, If the creature still lives on my turn I Attack(1d20+3=22, 1d6+2=6), And so does my cat (1d20+5=17). If they're dead then I use Mystic Reflections.))

Refharge Timer
    Steel Shadows - 6 hr.
    Mystic Reflections - 10 min.
    (Mystic Reflections #2) - 10 min.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

21. - Top - End - #51

Sonia, Royal, and Paerin all hit the creature, and Paerin's attack finally disperses the beast of shadow.

900 XP for everyone.

The fog is starting to disperse and rise, and you can start to see around a decent distance.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:21(melee attackers receive -4 also) HP:19/30

As soon as the beast falls Viktor explodes with light and it forms into a radiant suit of armor that fills everything in 30 feet with bright light. "If something is sending illusory monsters at us then i doubt that was the extent of their attacks." He walks over to Royal and when he touches her his hands glow for a second and her wounds begin to close up.(1d8+3=10) and then he does so again.(2d8+3=9) He then does the same to Lance but puts less power into it.(1) "Lets find what sent those before more arrive, the next ones might not be so soft."

[cast Luminous Armor; cast Cure Light Wounds-recharge(1d6+1=7); Cure Moderate Wounds-recharge(1d6+1=7); cast Cure Minor Wounds-recharge(1d4+1=2)]

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 8 hours
    0 level- 2
    1st level- 7
    2nd level- 7
    Last edited by Visturon; 2008-04-18 at 10:30 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC:17 HP:33

The paladin seems a bit surprised with Viktor's display of power, starting to protest her being touched for only a moment, then standing like a post during the healing. Her mind, and more importantly her pride, kicks in again.

"...yes, well, I still think one who uses illusions still cannot have a vast horde of troops behind him. But thank you,"she's determined to assert her own authority as her tone takes on a more commanding tone, walking past Viktor and waving her hand towards the cemetery. "I'll take the lead; unless one of you feels confident in your ability to scout ahead, we should band closer together so our enemy cannot separate us in this fog.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:21(25) HP:30/30

"Before we get moving we should find out what our mages can learn; that way we are more likely to go in the right direction." After a few moments Viktor places his hand on his own chest and with another glow his wounds close up.(2d8+3=15)

[cast cure moderate wounds-recharge(1d6+1=6)]

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 8 hours
    2nd level- 6

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin

"If you would like, I could peer into the realm of shadows again to see if there is still magic in the area, he looks around for confirmation, but it is tiering and I can only use it so often in such a short period of time. Other wise I can send Shadow to scout ahead?"
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:21(25) HP:30/30

"Then I shall see what the light can tell me. Май светлые мне знание, котор я изыскиваю." Viktor goes through a short series of hand signs while saying this last part and his eyes go distant as he seems to be looking for something that isnt visible to anyone else.

[cast detect magic- recharge(1d4+1=5)]

"The light tells me of nothing magical nearby." He looks around at all his companions with that calm smile of his and hefting his morningstar says to Royal "It would seem that you know as well as any of us where to go, so I shall follow you."

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 8 hours
    Zero level- 5
    2nd level- 5
    Last edited by Visturon; 2008-04-19 at 09:41 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57

"For all we know, whoever created those shadowy beasts could even be a Vanquisher - This could all just be a test to see how we handle unexpected circumstances and combat." Sonia, who has been standing around catching her breath since the last of the creatures fell, comments. "In any case, we should move on if you are all ready." She adopts her defensive pose again and shadows seem to gather around her as she starts creeping off around the mausoleum.

((Swift: Change stance to Child of Shadow. Concealment while I keep moving.))
    Last edited by Swooper; 2008-04-20 at 10:08 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Hiram Norrell

Hiram walks around the battlefield while the rest of the party gets healed up, inspecting the areas where each foe fell.

The apes were no normal zombies. They looked like zombies, but I would postulate that they were actually some sort of shadow construct. They moved far too fast and with far too much agility for zombies. It is likely that the material used to create them was taken from the plane of shadow, which suggests that whomever is behind this is some type of mage.

He turns to Phaerin.

You're more familiar with the shadows than I am, Phaerin. What do you think?

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin

Turning to answer Hiram's question

"For normal magic, manipulating shadows to such a degree, that would require a very powerful spell caster. On the other hand if it were one of my brethren such tricks are simple matters, most apprentices could do it. Either way you are right Hiram, those "zombies" were summoned out of the great Shadow. Unfortunately the Shadow hides many things, and I am not yet powerful enough to trace these,

he motions to the positions of where the zombie apes were,

back to their source. However I believe that this mausoleum might yield some answers."

Phaerin looks directly into his cat's eye. He stares for a little and then the cat goes running towards the mausoleum entering it if possible.

((Shadow moves to the mausoleum, entering if possible, making sure to stay hidden (1d20+30=46) and keep quite (1d20+14=20)))
    Last edited by Theeon; 2008-04-20 at 10:38 PM.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

30. - Top - End - #60

The cat trots over to the doors quietly, but they are shut. The whole building is made of stone, the doors having two large bars to open them with. The cat cannot open them by itself.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!