New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: The Vanquishers of Reillalt

Phaerin

Phaerin notices that there are bars blocking the doors. He walks up to the door and places his hand on one of the bars.

"Well, shall we go through?

Recharge Timer
    Steel Shadows - 6 hrs.
    Mystic Reflections - 10 mins.
    Last edited by Theeon; 2008-04-22 at 01:04 AM.
    "I have an idea. It starts with 'S' and ends with 'litting their throats' ".
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

"Zombie apes? We're not even near a tropical zone!" - Baerdog7

2. - Top - End - #62
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hiram Norrell

AC: 15 HP: 18/18

Hiram nods, reloading his crossbow.

Probably should, we aren't going to get much more done standing around here talking.

Despite his words, Hiram doesn't actually make any indication of entering the mausoleum until one of the beefier party members takes the lead.

Recharge Timer
    Shield - 30 mins
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2008-04-22 at 01:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Baerdog: super genius.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

((FYI, the bars are not blocking the doors. They are handles.))

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

Secret Option F, The Steam Group!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:21(25) HP:30/30

Viktor walks over to join Phaerin at the door, "Let us see what is inside then." and he tries the door.

nimbus of light
    - 30 min
    luminous armor- 8 hours
    I want to meet Death, Cupid, the Creator, and a moose.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC: 17 HP: 33

Ever the practical one when it comes to dealing with the undead, Royal moves to the side of Viktor with Primus gripped in both hands. If there's anything in that place that's not supposed to be moving, I have a cure-all right here...

(Preparing an attack)
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2008-04-22 at 09:55 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #66

The moment the door opens more than a crack an avalanche of shadowy emanation pours out and a black, cloudy tendril explodes out and lashes at Viktor! It misses, but knocks the door fully open. The creature is a 5-foot diameter orb of swirling, opaque darkness surrounded by shadows out to 60-feet. A number of small tentacles protrude from it, the one attacking has retreated back into the body. Viktor's new shining armor's aura and all other light effects are reduced to just the platemail shaped shimmer.

Royal barely manages to swing Primus around in time to nail the retreating arm. The orb makes a noise like a rush of air being sucked into the building.

Lance 23
    Orb of Shadow 19
    Royal 12
    Viktor 9
    Sonia 7
    Hiram 6
    Paerin 4

http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php..._Vanq.jpg.html
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-04-23 at 12:23 AM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor AC:21 HP:30/30

Viktor's friendly smile is wiped from his face as the darkness consumes his light and the words that he speaks are thick with hatred of this monstrosity, "Today you will feel the wrath of the Light!" While he shouts this he backs up 20' directly away from it and raises his right hand to the sky and pointing at the shadow with his morningstar cries out "может свет очистить вас!" and a surge of light that gives off no glow seems to ripple inside the beast.(3d6=10)

[move 20' south; cast Deific Vengeance]

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 6 hours
    2nd level- (1d6+1=6)
    Last edited by Visturon; 2008-04-23 at 01:04 AM.

Death so I can stare him down, Cupid so I can smack him upside the head, the Creator for a favor, and a moose because they smell funny.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lance Ac16
    Lance runs up to the orb swinging his sword angrily.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack roll: (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage roll: (1d10+3)[5]
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.
    Talk to LordRod if you want him to make you an avatar as cool as mine.

9. - Top - End - #69

Sonia moves up closer to the fight, but can't see a way to get a stab at it. "Drive it into the building so we can surround it and kill it quickly!" she shouts.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move 10' north, or as close as I can get to the monster if someone takes that square before my turn.
    Ready an action to attack if it moves within range.

Goddamn, I don't even have daggers to throw at it. Completely forgot to get a ranged weapon >_<

Edit: Use swift action to change stance to Island of Blades again. Might as well, we all have concealment anyway.
    Last edited by Swooper; 2008-04-23 at 11:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal

2h Damage (1d8 3=11)
    (Assuming you needed me to roll damage)

Royal seems hardly surprised at this turn of events while clobbering the retreating monster, rearing back her hammer arm and responding with another attack just as soon as the first is over.

1h Attack (1d20+5=20)
    1h Damage (1d8+1=2)

"No!! We keep it where it is!" she yells in counter to Sonia's advice,"We don't know what's inside! Here it's confined to a smaller space and we have the open ground!"

She does eye the door she's standing next to, however, as if opening it for a little more surrounding space isn't such a bad idea...
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

11. - Top - End - #71

((Slight Retro, I forgot about this ))

Royal's attack is a strong one, but she unexpectedly connects with the closed stone door instead of the tentacle she aimed at. The shadows created by the creature obscure her vision, and she realized she was attacking a little off.

((Concealment in shadows, 20% miss chance. I'll roll them.))

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

12. - Top - End - #72

Hiram Norrell

Hiram hustles forward and fires a crossbow bolt past Royal and Viktor into the orb.

Moving 15' forward and 5' to the right.

Attack: (1d20+3)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+1)[2]

13. - Top - End - #73

((There is no way for you to get to it, Jack. Viktor is in the only open doorway, and the large door blocks attacking it from the right side, and Royal is on the left side.))

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin AC:18 HP:24/24

Seeing the mass of shadow appearing from behind the doorway; (and apparently being magically teleported 30ft away) I make a few quick gestures with my hands and shadows spring to my palm to make a large black arrow that fires at the creature making a misplaced shot (1d20+3=7, 2d4=5) (touch attack).

Recharge Timer
    Steel Shadows - 6hr.
    Mystic Reflection - 10min.
    Arrow of Dusk - 10 min.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

15. - Top - End - #75

Orb of Shadow 19
    Lance 23
    Royal 12
    Viktor 9
    Sonia 7
    Hiram 6
    Paerin 4

The ball of darkness lashes again at Viktor but his divine protection saves him from the lash. The ball floats to the other side of the door. Lance sees an opening and rushes past Viktor to attack this creature. he misses, possibly because of the creatures vague form.

**Pause because the situation has changed, and I don't want to DM-action against player wishes.**

The doorway is like this now:
    http://www.imagehosting.com/show.php..._Vanq.jpg.html

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal
    AC:17 HP:33

With an inward sigh, Royal spins and with her offhand, yanks the other door open and brings the hammer up over her head down at the vexing shadows.
    Special Delivery! (1d20 5=20)Special Delivery Damage (1d8 1=2)

17. - Top - End - #77

Orb of Shadow 19
    Lance 23
    Royal 12
    Viktor 9
    Sonia 7
    Hiram 6
    Paerin 4

Royal's attack sinks into the orb, Primus knocking off some of it's cloudy structure.
    Viktor moves backwards and the monster lashes at him a third time, and his holy armor continues to protect him. Barely. His spell causes the orb to recoil slightly and shrink a bit.
    Sonia advances past Paerin. (You can attack if you would like. Or choose to be farther. I will retro it)
    Hiram's bolt sinks into it and disapears, but it makes the hissing noise again and seems to have been injured.
    Paerin's arrow hits the door of the building and dissipates into a poof of dark energy.

The ball of darkness suddenly sends two large tendrils out towards Lance and grabs him! Lance struggles, but is lifted off the ground and reeled in by the appendages, he disapears into the orb itself! Lance feels like he being crushed by a dark energy. (4 damage, 2 Str damage. Your now grappled, you can attempt to break free or any other grapple actions)
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-04-25 at 07:28 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

18. - Top - End - #78

Sonia dodges past Viktor when he backs away and, with a flourish, stabs quickly with both blades at once.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move up to the closest square from where I can attack
    Initiate Wolf Fang Strike to attack with both weapons
    WFS Main hand (1d20 5=8)
    WFS Off hand (1d20 5=20)
    WFS Off hand damage (1d6 3=4)

I assume the main hand missed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lance tries to break out of the grapple
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+6)[15]
    Last edited by JackTR69; 2008-04-26 at 06:01 AM.
    GENERATION 13: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment.

20. - Top - End - #80

Hiram Norrell

Not wanting to risk shooting Lance, Hiram instead moves to a favorable position and prepares to cast Scorching Ray as soon as it looks like he is out of the grapple.

((I'm not sure if Hiram has LOS where he is now, with one of the doors closed and the way people are standing so I'd like him to move to the most favorable position he can get to withing 30 feet.))

Spell Recharge
    Shield - 30 mins
    Last edited by Baerdog7; 2008-04-28 at 11:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81

((BTW, I will NPC you if a delay is too long. I don't want to be strict, I just want to encourage flow. And Jack, you took Str dmg. That's going to be happening alot in this campaign. Please mark it on your sheet under Temp. score, and you didn't factor that into your grapple check. Also, I still need HP and AC status.))

Orb of Shadow 19
    Lance 23
    Royal 12
    Viktor 9
    Sonia 7
    Hiram 6
    Paerin 4

The ball struggles with Lance, the party can see his arms trying to escape, However it pulls Lance deeper into it's core, and soon his allies cannot see him at all, and the Orb seems to be exerting little effort. ((Pinned, 1 dmg, 3 Str dmg))
    Lance is unable to escape the crushing despair holding him inanimate in the center of the shadows.
    Royal scores a glancing blow off the surface of the roiling darkness. (2 dmg) Viktor ((Does nothing because I'll NPC but not use spells, and he has no ranged weapon. Will retro.This time... ))
    Sonia's second strike stabs it easily. It's hard to tell if this is a winning or losing battle, as it continues to look fine. A ball of shadows does not show injury well.
    Hiram has good sightlines to his target. ((Go ahead and fire if you want. You cannot see Lance at all. For all you know.. He's dead! ))
    Paerin moves forawrd and attacks with his oddly shaped sickle. It slices through the dark matter (8 dmg)

As Paerin's attack passes through it, the ball makes a strange moan, and suddenly reality around it seems to shift, and Paerin finds himself making another attack as if the first never happened. This one is far less lethal (4 dmg)

[img=http://img31.picoodle.com/img/img31/4/4/30/t_Vanqm_f4d2072.jpg]
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-04-30 at 12:18 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lance continues his struggle to break free of the blackness that now engulfs him.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Opposed Grapple: (1d20+3)[20]

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

Royal

That does it. Seeing her comrade get absorbed into the amoeba like mass of darkness, Royal grits her teeth and just out and out *slugs* her hammer with more force than even she was aware of as the hammerhead begins to glow a bright blueish light.

"Heironeous damn you back to the cold dead shadows from whence you came!" is almost lost beneath a steam like hiss that sounds from the Smiting hammer when it smacks into the shadows.

Smite Evil attack (1d20 7=22)
    Smite Evil Damage (1d8 4=9)

24. - Top - End - #84

Hiram Norrell

Hiram moves as needed to get within 30 feet of the orb and gathers his arcane energies, magical flames licking down his arms before coalescing around his hands and shooting at the orb in a ray of flame.

Casting scorching ray.

Spell Recharge
    Shield - 30 mins
    2nd Level - (1d6+1)[5]

25. - Top - End - #85

Addendum:

Oops, forgot the actual attack and damage rolls. >.<

Attack - (1d20+3)[21]
    Damage - (4d6)[10]

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor casually strolls around his allies engaged with the shadow as if the thing didnt even exist and once around the thing he stops where he is opposite Royal. Viktor hefts his morningstar in both fists and calmly but in an eerily commanding voice proclaims "Lets get our comrade back." He then swings a poor blow(1d20+6=9, 1d8+3=6)

[move so that Royal and Viktor are flanking, attack against flat-footed]

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 6 hours
    1st level- 1
    2nd level- 4

[retro for last round: cast Hide From Undead and move as close as possible; recharge(1d6+1=2)]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin AC:18 HP:24/24

Phaerin looks down at his sickle, just staring, trying to analyze what happened (making any applicable knowledge checks).
    After a brief pause he snaps out of it and moves just in front of Sonia and attacks the Shadowy blob again. (I will put speech here when I receive the knowledge results.)

((Attack & Damage (1d20+3=17, 1d6+2=5), Shadow also Attacks (1d20+5=11) does min 1 dmg))
    Last edited by Theeon; 2008-05-01 at 12:32 AM.
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

28. - Top - End - #88

Orb of Shadow 19
    Lance 23
    Royal 12
    Viktor 9
    Sonia 7
    Hiram 6
    Paerin 4

Lance continues to be gripped by the unnatural dark cloud. (2 dmg, 3 str dmg). Another tendril lashes out at Royal and she is slammed. (6 dmg)
    Lance manages to break away from the center of the ball, but is still being held by it! He's feeling quite weak now.
    The creature reels from Royal's divine blow, and shudders a bit, dark tentacles still trying to get at Lance.
    Viktor's spell dissipates and the ball seems as surprised as an orb of cloudy darkness can be. He comes close to hitting, but it's shudder must have thrown his aim off.
    Both of Sonia's blades strike into it, and it seems to roll in place a bit. He must be quite injured.
    Hiram's Fiery bolt lands true... but suddenly the world around it seems to warp again, and the bolt whizzes by it instead.
    Paerin brings his odd sickle down through he ball, and it just about splits in half! Lance feels it's grip on him loosen. The ball hovers motionless for a short moment, cleaved in two, then explodes! It sends bits of darkness everywhere that dissipate like steam into the morning air.

XP gain each: 300

With your dark foe dead and his radius of shadow gone, you can see the sun has risen to become a bright morning. The graveyard stretches all around you, but is still.
    Last edited by Vazzaroth; 2008-05-02 at 03:17 PM.

I'm quite proud of this:

WAAAGH!

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Phaerin

"Forgive me, great Shadow, if I have repressed your will."

With this Phaerin, goes and explores the inside of the mausoleum.

((make search, spot, and listen checks where they apply))
    Belkar Bitterleaf-OOTS

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Viktor's radiance returns as the creature explodes and he says "Next time i fight one of those I intend to force it to see the Light. Lance, how do you feel? You look pale." Viktor walks over to Lance and placing his hand on him a surge of light comes forth and Lances wounds begin to close.(1d8+3=4)

nimbus of light- 30 min
    luminous armor- 6 hours