Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Greyhawk Adventures; Chapter 1 [IC]

---Bonepicker---
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 39/39, AC:25, T:18, FF:18 (Total Defense)

Bonepicker glances back at the others while drawing his axe then starts looking around off to the sides and deeper into the shadows of the giant stone slabs.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot: (1d20+4)[12]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[10]

"Him look no nice. We kill, or take prisoner? Master Bel, you stay back no get hit and die. Maybe other enemy to sides, keep watch." Bonepicker shuffles around to find the best spot to be defensive (for now) and put up a fight, while making sure he is the first party member in the direct path of the man. ((Total Defense))

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking for any advantage Bonepicker will use terrain that may cover him from ranged attacks. Preferably a large rock or such he can shift around. Trying to protect my flank . If not then anything that may cause the man to slow down or stumble on his aproach is good.
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-05-03 at 05:03 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Contact Lost – Zell Melern
    Eberron:TC - Gander Qien
    Into the Breach - Jaxal Pralest
    Familiar - Toby the Cat
    Star Wars: Bounty Hunter - Slaw Nadier
    Greyhawk Adventures - Bonepicker

Imagination is my way to escape your reality!
    -------------------------------------------
    To much DMing and not enough play makes a DM something something...

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Daigoro

Daigoro steps forward, presenting him to his opponent, bowing his head slightly as a sign of respect and then assuming a fighting stance.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't know if we need initative or not... but this is essentially Daigoro readying to attack if the man comes within his threatened area.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick moves up towards the strange man, drawing his sword and readying his shield for any attack that this strange man might make.

What do you think, lads? Get ready for anything, but let's not do anything too rash.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strennr

Strennr slipped back behind the others and whispered a word as he took out his sling. He then smiled and looked around at the others. "Heh, somewhat akin to a hedge hog, isn't he? Haha!"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

[oh how i hate the unresponsive server.

I'll give the other guys till say Friday to post, then figure they went back to Greyhawk.]

You all find strategic positions around the area immediatley surrounding where this figure is running from. At the end of the first round, he has travelled a full 150' and looks as if he has no intention of slowing down.

He veers towards Bonepicker and his feet flash over the rocks. He seems very sure of his footing and is charging full speed towards the half-orc.

He can see an earing flash when the man takes every other step from the depths of the hood, with some for of ruby set in it.

There is blood dripping still from one of the arrow holes as well, the one with the most vertical entry wound into the man as well which is spotted.

[[Okay i want, initiatives, and two roudns worth of actions please.]]

6. - Top - End - #66
    Ogre in the Playground

Initiative:

(1d20+3)[9]

Action 1:
    Spoiler
    Show

Move to close with the foe [40' speed], if only a single move, I attempt to grapple him.

Touch Attack:
    (1d20+8)[23]
    Grapple Check:
    (1d20+12)[16]
    Non-Lethal Damage from Grapple
    (1d8+6)[7]

Action 2:
    Spoiler
    Show

If he is grappled, I will initiate a grapple check to Pin him.
    (1d20+12)[16]
    If he is not grappled, I will strike him with Flurry of Blows if within a 5' step, otherwise just move and one strike.
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[12]
    Damage 1: (1d8+6)[13]
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[14]
    Damage 1: (1d8+6)[11]

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Belisarius Andredle
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 24/24; Spd 35' (65' after spell);Initiative - (1d20+5)[17]
    AC: 21 (t 16, ff 16)

Round 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Bel moves into a support position (about 10 feet away) for Bonepicker, preparing to help flank and distract the assailant with his rapier in hand. He quickly weaves his hands and casts a spell for enhanced speed upon himself (cast expeditious retreat).

Round 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The grey elf tumbles (Tumble - (1d20+11)[26]) to a flanking position with his half-orc companion and strikes with his rapier (Attack - (1d20+11)[24], Crit - (1d20+11)[25], Damage - (1d6)[1], SneakAttack - (1d6)[4]), taking advantage of the opportunity.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-06 at 11:58 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 39/39, AC:23, T:16, FF:18 (Partial Defense)

Seeing his companion moving up to the man rather than wait at a more defensible spot Bonepicker moves up to assist him.

Initiative (1d20+3)[17]

Rnd #1
    Spoiler
    Show
    Full Defense looking for/moving to good terrain.

Rnd #2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Going to a partial defense. Bonepicker moves up to help Daigoro as needed. Awaiting for him to succeed by watching the area and kicking away the mans weapon if it gets dropped. If Daigoro fails Bonepicker will shieldbash the man instead.
    Spot: (1d20+4)[23]
    Listen: (1d20+8)[20]

Shield Bash:
    Attack (1d20+8)[28]
    Dmg (1d6+3)[4]
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick moves forward, placing himself at the forefront of the group.His eyes narrow at the strange man, and he begins to taunt the man.

Let's see if you have enough to make me break a sweat. I see you seem to have trouble keeping yourself out of the way of arrows. Let's see how you deal with swords.

Spoiler
    Show
    AC:24, HP:43/43
    Initiative:(1d20+1)[11]
    Issuing a fighting challenge towards the man. I'll just make a straight attack against if he comes after me, or change it around if he doesn't.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1:
    Attack:(1d20+13)[33]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[14]

Round 2:
    Attack:(1d20+13)[17]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[15]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crit confirm:(1d20+13)[17]
    Crit damage:(1d10+5)[7]

11. - Top - End - #71
    Barbarian in the Playground

Strennr Nobottle
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 17/17; Spd 20' ;Initiative - (1d20+4)[6]
    AC: 16 T: 16 FF: 12 (after spell AC: 20 T:16 FF: 16)
    ((after full defence AC: 24 T: 16 FF: 16

Action 1:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Strennr quikly cast a spell over himself and moved to get a clearer line of sight. (He cast Mage Armor on himself and circled around the fight 20 feet to get a clear shot at his back.)

Action 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Continue circling around the fight in action 1 and then full defence to see how things turn out.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

Belisarius Andredle, reacting at the same time as Bonepicker moves ten feet to his left and follows the Half Orc to a small mound providing them slightly higher ground against the incoming assailant. The figure, now seeing these two moved slightly forward from the group seems to swap waht he's doing, he is no longer running full tilt, instead he heads straight for bonepicker and charges him.

Reaching the imposing half-orc he lunges forward with his longsword making a solid blow staggering the half-orc back a step and he strides into a melle stance with Bonepicker.

Jerrick, seeing what has happened strides towards the man issues a fighting challenge and attacks him viciously from the side. The blow however seems to do no more damage than what was expected, even though it was a hefty thwack.

Daigoro seeing the strength of the man and the viciousness of his single attack against Bonepicker moves to contact with the foe and attempts to grapple him. Whilst he grabs the man successfully, his grapple fails as the man simply flexes and Daigoro's grasp breaks and the man steps free.

Strenner casts a spell and a purple sheen covers his body, he then starts circling the fight to get a clearer shot at the man from behind.

-------------

Belisarius Andredle, tumbles to the left of the man and successfully lands a blow through whatever armour the man happens to be wearing under his cloak. He feels the blow connect but doesn't seem to have drawn as much blood as he expected even with the sneak added in.

Bonepicker seeing Daigoro fail in bringing the man down, takes a step forward and smashes the figure full in the face with his shield. The blow staggered the man back a step as he didn't fully expect the feroricty of such a blow [[I rolled the confirm, well done, you did it ;]]]

The man seeing a blow already on bonepicker with a scarlet line, see's something in Jerrick which wants him to fight the knight. Something the knight recognises as in some form a twisted sense of honour. So he tumbles backwards away from the fight, successfully leaving no one a place to attack him from (With the exception of Strennr) and moves backwards 40 ft and says
    "Come then Sir Knight, let us do battle without your friends."

Freezing mid round, those who are to go after may revise actions if they want, those who have gone, post me your round 3, if you revise your round 2 actions post your round three actions as well.

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel
    Bonepicker
    Figure
    Jerrick
    Daigoro
    Strennr

To bonepicker;
    Spoiler
    Show

11 damage fortsave as well please
    Last edited by Slashy Mc Slash; 2008-05-07 at 04:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Round 2
    Spoiler
    Show

Daigoro moves to stand beside his ally and friend, bolstering his courage and showing the enemy the folly of his ways.

Change my action to Aid Another on Jerrick, to grant +2 AC.

(1d20+8)[10]

Round 3

Spoiler
    Show

Stepping back from the honor duel, Daigoro prepares to subdue the enemy should things go wrong.

Ready An Action to grapple if Jerrick falls in combat.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Bugbear in the Playground

Badda

Seeing the action, but knowing his alchemist fire would also harm his allies, hangs back and waits for an opportunity for a direct hit, where his allies wouldn't get hit with the splash damage
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---BonePicker---
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 28/39, AC:25/23, T:18/16, FF:20/18 (Partial Defense & Prot/Evil)

Having learned from past experiences that charging in isn't always the solution Bonepicker decides to call upon Farlanghn 's protection then moves towards the man working his way to the right side and gesturing Jerrick off to the left.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort Save: (1d20+9)[23] (P.S. If I failed this then I'll use my 1/day reroll to try again.)
    Cast: Protection vs Evil
    Move: 30' (at a right angle to try a flank)
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

16. - Top - End - #76
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick smiles as the man accepts his challenge, but his face darkens as Bonepicker gestures for him to flank the man. He holds up his hand and shakes his head.

I'm sorry my friend, but I can not honorably attack this man while he is unable to properly defend himself. I issued the challenge, so I alone must fight him.

Jerrick then moves forward and brings his sword around in a sweeping salute, before advancing on the man and attacking with his full ferocity.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 2: Charge attack
    Attack:(1d20+15)[23]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[10]

Round 3:
    Attack:(1d20+13)[33]
    Damage:(1d10+5)[14]

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

Wow, again?
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+13)[24]
    Crit Damage:(1d10+5)[15]

18. - Top - End - #78
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

The party seeming to allow the honour duel step back whilst Jerrick charges full tilt at the man, even though he brings his weapons up to parry, Jerricks blow still goes through his guard drawing blood from under the cloak down his arm.

Daigoro moves up to support Jerrick, but stands back and doesn't enter the fray. He merely provides a distraction and steps back 5 feet allowing the two to duel effectivley.

Strenner stands on the other side of the duel in a defensive stance ready to switch immediatley should things go wrong.

-----------

((I figured Bel would move up into a support position as well, if not i can retro this part.)) Bel, strides towards the fight and stands opposite to where bonepicker will be in a minute, so as to enclose the fight as fully as possible.

Bonepicker casts a quick spell over himself, and moves up to where he is at an almost perpendicular angle to the fight and the figure is enclosed on four sides now.

The figure lashes out at Jerrick twice. The first with his longsword smashing down on the knights arm and amour crumpling some of the metal into his skin and causing pain. His dagger punching a hole straight through the chestplate of the armour staggering the knight a step.

Jerrick counter attacks bringing his sword in a sweeping arc and smashing the enemy on the top of his head, he staggers a step or two, recovers but looks very sluggish now, as if he can't last much longer. Indeed it seemed as if something under his cloak actually absorbed some of the damage for him.

Jerrick;
    Spoiler
    Show

Unlucky he's on very low HP now
    Though i will need a fortsave please, just the one
    and you took 18 damage.
    Last edited by Slashy Mc Slash; 2008-05-08 at 01:31 AM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 28/39, AC:25/23, T:18/16, FF:20/18 (Partial Defense & Prot/Evil (Rnd: 2/20))

Bonepicker follows the fight with a watchful eye and see's that the man has an advantage.

Fool allowing himself to get in a one on one fight with that manling. His problem if he thinks his opponent as honorable as he. As long as his honor does not effect Bel or me badly however I see no need to interfere.

Bonepicker casts spell as the fight continues and remains ready to jump in if Jerrick goes down.

"No forget watch around. Maybe other men with pointy stick or bow near."

Spoiler
    Show
    CLW (Self):(1d8+2)[6]
    Spot:(1d20+4)[11]
    Listen:(1d20+8)[10]

P.S. Somethings gone hokey with coyotecode profiler. I've lost a ton of PC (multiple PC's) data in 2 days... All my skills and equipment down. Unfortunatly I will have to recreate it using info I have here (skill rolls, etc).
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-05-08 at 01:07 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

20. - Top - End - #80
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Down to 25 HP.
    Fort save:(1d20+4)[23]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

Bonepicker and the rest of the party notice nothing, however there is an aura of something not right, after all what or who had shot this figure in the first place?

In order to keep Jerrick on his toes, the man swings both weapons in alternative arcs again, the sword making contact and smashing into Jerricks shoulder staggering him whilst the dagger punches straight thorugh the stomach armour.

Jerrick in retaliation takes a sweeping swing at the figure who nimbly steps aside unfortunatley.

---------

The figure again makes an attack but this time his sword missed, and by a long mark infact he only just managed to retain holding it. His dagger however strikes deep and true and Jerrick feels alot more pain than he should from such a blow.

Yet his counter attack is viscious and it lays the mans entire arm open as he sinks to the floor bleeding profusley.

To Jerrick;
    Spoiler
    Show

23 damage, 2 fort saves please.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh-oh, down to 2 health I believe.
    Fort Save:(1d20+4)[11]
    Fort Save:(1d20+4)[8]

Does this mean I've knocked the man below 0 health or have I misunderstood?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

Oooh fights over well done guys, that early damage possibly saved Jerrick from loosing, or did it?

Walking over to check his opponent Jerrick stumbles, takes a second step and stumbles again. Bonepicker noticing his plight looks across and see's his ally taking on a greenish tinge to his skin, then he collapses and passes out.

Jerrick answer;
    Spoiler
    Show

You were, up untill you failed those two saves

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

---Bonepicker---

"Stupid man, kill mean sword man then die after battle. Him not supposed to be green. Maybe poison?"

Bonepicker quickly casts detect poison and inspects Jerrick and the man (especially the mans sword).

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes Detect Poison was one of the spells I had DM . No need to fudge there. I am also pretty sure however that I only had 1 or less points in heal... . Since I still have to rebuild I'll go with your call.
    JIK I'll make a roll based on 1 SK Heal.
    Heal vs Poison: (1d20+4)[6]
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2008-05-11 at 10:24 PM.
    PC's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Familiar - Toby the Cat

25. - Top - End - #85
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

[Im aware its exam time so ill be slightly more lenient with people, and expect the same back on posting please guys ]

Bonepicker, you seem to have a bright detection of magic on the wounds Jerrick has sustained from the dagger, and the figurs sword has a faint trace on, but the dagger still glows with it both at the hilt and at the pommel.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Daigoro

Looking over his friend's wounds, Daigoro raises an eyebrow inquisitively and reaches into his bag, retrieving a small vial labelled "Cure Light Wounds" and handing it over to Jerrick.

Heal Check: (1d20+3)[14]

27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground

Badda

Looking down at the person who is wounded, Badda ponders for a little while, watching others take look at him. no wat, poison in still, need wound shut. fire shut good.

Looking around keeping an eye open in all directions, Badda examines the sword. Knowing most swords lose there potency after one attack, he examines the pommel to see it poison is stored in there, not touching it with his hands of course. using a stick or what ever else could be found.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Belisarius Andredle
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 24/24; Spd 35' (65' after spell); Init 17
    AC: 21 (t 16, ff 16)

The elf stares at the goblin for a moment, trying to decipher the words and the meaning. He shakes his head and moves to Bonepicker's side. "How's he? Gonna make it?" he asks as he focuses for just a moment and looks over the attacker's body.

Spoiler
    Show
    Detect magic. It's good to be a spellthief.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-05-12 at 01:26 PM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jerrick yells in triumph as the strange man falls to the ground, which turns immediately into a strangled yelp of pain. He collapses, a line of sweat forming across his brow as he slowly loses consciousness.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

DM

[I hate exams, don't worry though the game wont die.]

Jerrick is most definatley poisoned, yet whilst no one seems able to figure out how to awaken him, Daigoro recognises the poison as simply one which is used as a near instant knock-out drug.

Tearing back the figures hood you see what seems to be a mixture of a scaly reptiallian snout, with green scales and a human face. Yet it has a jutting forehead and in each eye socket there are globes consisting of hundreds of individual little eyes.

Badda noticies the dagger seems to have a very small hole at the top of the blade and a button at the bottom. He also sees that the sword is very very intricatley made, infact he stares at a symbol on the pommel, it is a mixture of swirls which converge on a single moving point, he feels drawn closer and closer...... Will Save please.

Belisarius Andredle;

Spoiler
    Show

The figure has an aura of magic of something under his robe, as well as his earring and both weapons.