New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: That Guy's Expedition to Castle Ravenloft

Leng

"Now which one of you did that? A funny joke, yes, but unnerving in a place like this."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"Well I certainly didn't open it...And I didn't see any of you open it. And it's a touch heavy for Chek here..."

He gives the rat a small stroke as he says his name, watching the gate curiously.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

Saranna

Saranna tightens the grip on her weapon as the gates screech open, flicking the visor down on her helmet as she looked to try and see what was happening. "Leng my friend, I didn't see any of us move... she tries to speak calmly to hide the fear she felt, Pelor may be guiding her steps but even her devotion could not truly calm her rapidly beating heart. "I don't know what her problem is" she says, pointing in the direction Taj just vanished into, "but should we follow her?"

4. - Top - End - #34

BlackDragon

Taj
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you move along the misty road a glint catches your eye, in the bushes crouchs another person in metal armor, he appears to be hiding but his shiny armor is not helping him very much...

Marquis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Crouching in the bushes you see a woman in leather and carrying a overtly large axe emerge from the gate, she appears to be in a rush though she notices you in the bushes...

5. - Top - End - #35

MindFlayer

His heart missed a beat at the sudden emergence, settling for a moment at the sight of only one person, quickly getting a little heavier with the sight of the overtly large axe. Keeping his weapon at the ready and the bushes, great cover... between them. Keeping his eyes level on her and raising his voice. Who passes there?, not meaning his vocie to sound quite so intrusive, but this land had him on nerve from the moment he arrived.
    Better to be an open sinner, than a false saint.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

A little releived that she hadn't landed on anyone Taj turned in the direction of the new voice. As she spun around her axe could be heard dragging in a circle to rest behind her, ready to swing if need be.
    "Come out of there. And if you are an orc you should pray."
    The Necroswanson's Deviantart.
    Freemanatar by Phase, thank you ever so much.

Remember kids, Vortigaunts say, "The Free Man is not a number."

7. - Top - End - #37

MindFlayer

I don't think I am, though I'm not quite sure about my mother's side. Raising his figure from behind the brush and overstepping it out into the road. Though he somewhat lessened his grip on the hammer, the five foot bust of Lolth stood, grimacing, between them. Raising his hand, slowly, and removing his face-cover. And I don't think my teeth are any pointier than norm. Lofting up his hammer from behind the intensely sized shield and leveling it at her. Now, mind answering?

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Taj was a stranger to this land, but she wan't a stranger to sarcasm and recognised his. She stood up to her full height as the man removed his face cover.
    "I am Taj. Are you the owner of the castle?"

9. - Top - End - #39

MindFlayer

Cocking his head to the side slightly, with a smirk crossing has face. Truely one of the oddest questions he'd been asked in a long while. As interesting, and lucritive, as that might be... I am not. Lowering his hammer as she seemed not to pose a threat, well, not in personalty, but that axe looked like it could make quick, little kabobs of him. I've just recently arrived to the fog-infested place.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leng

"It seems rash to just go through, but we know the Lightbringers passed this way so we might as well follow."

11. - Top - End - #41

BlackDragon

Rades + Sarrana + Leng
    Spoiler
    Show
    As if to answer your question, the shadowy mists behind you grow thicker and darker by second followed by a long, far off "AAAARRRRRwoooooooooooooo" that sends shivers down your spine.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leng

"I don't like the sound of that. Let's put this gate between us and whatever that is."

Leng moves through the open gate, holding her bow at ready if a foe emerges.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

Taj looked at the stranger with much scrutiny.
    "If you've just arrived, then what were you doing inside the gate?"
    Not bothering to wait for an answer Taj turned towards the castle, slung the great axe to rest on her shoulder with surprising ease, and made her way towards the building.

14. - Top - End - #44

Saranna

"What was that..." Saranna mutters to herself, wracking her memory of her religious knowledge, trying to think if she knew of any undead beast that would make a noise like that. As she thinks she steps through the gate, following Leng, her morningstar at the ready for any foe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge Religion - (1d20+9)[16] Don't lnow if thats the right knowledge check but its the only one I can do

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"I agree with Leng, that sounds a lot like something I'd want a gate between me and it..."

Rades steps through the gate, watching the others.

16. - Top - End - #46

BlackDragon

As all of you continue down the dirt road, you come upon a small wooden sign that reads "Barovia"
    Looking further ahead a village could be seen.

"Mist blanketed the village, smothering the streets and marooning the buildings, forming an archipelago of crumbling masonry in a gray, hopeless sea. At the village's loneley edge, most structures were abandoned, burnt-out hulks. Charcoal was thick on the air, but that chocking odor couldn't overpower the underlying, sickly sweet smell of carrion and spoilage."

Sarrana
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know that most undead dont make loud howling noises, they usually make low groaning noises, you are confident that what you heard was not undead.
    Last edited by That Guy; 2008-04-21 at 02:03 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

MindFlayer

Marquis turns to follow Taj, content that she's not hostile his hammer rest by his side. Well by just I mean a few hours ago. I honestly don't remember the gates being closed... Just noticing the fellow travelers coming up from behind. Friends of yours? His eyes wandered up from the sign to the grim scene. Barovia... seems like a nice little town...

18. - Top - End - #48
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leng

"Something bad has happened to this town. We should check for survivors, but be careful for danger might be nearby."

Leng will look around for bodies, survivors, clues as to what is going on. If there's an easily accessible building nearby she'll check it out. If not just looking on the street as we go by. She is wary of danger and is keeping her bow out and ready.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+11)[31]
    Listen - (1d20+11)[31]
    Search - (1d20+10)[26]

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

Taj stopped at the sign a moment, cocked her head, and swung the large axe into it. Whatever it said, it was lost on her.
    She made her way towards the town. If orcs were in there too, than she was stuck fighting regardless of which road she took.

(((OOC: We don't go to Ravenholm anymore. :P)))
    Last edited by The Necroswanso; 2008-04-21 at 02:02 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50

BlackDragon

Moving slightly further into the dilapated village the group comes upon man sitting against the wall of a crumbling building. His face is thin and haggard, laced with old scars. His hair hangs in limp, loose curls around his face with gray already creeping well past his temples. His scruffy beard is iron-gray and shot with streaks of brown. He is heavily breathing and looking down at a small wound, at his feet are 2 bodies that are in an advanced state of decay.

((OOC: Cue TehJhu ))

21. - Top - End - #51
    Dwarf in the Playground

((yay))

Orson fought to recover his breath. He'd hoped for a quick rest here in Barovia before venturing towards that castle up on the cliff. Instead of a soft bed and cold beer, he'd found these. Zombies, undead. They'd taken him by suprise in the mist and only a bit of skill and a lot of luck had saved him. One had bitten him on the arm, but it seemed superficial. He wraped it tightly and got a better grip on Calmer, his two-bladed sword.

Then he heard something from the road leading out of town. Whirling around he saw the others approaching. The ranger crouched low, his sword ready.

"Who goes there?" He called in his hoarse voice, "Answer me quickly, if you live. If not, come forward and let me put your restless bones to peace."

22. - Top - End - #52

MindFlayer

I'm half tempted to see if the old man could actually do that... Still quietly talking to himself. He wasn't much of a leader, and seeing that these four people seemed to be partied together he certaintly wasn't going to speak for them.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

Taj noticed the older looking man but paid him little heed. When he spoke up she simply walked by him and answered briefly, in a gruff manner.
    "Hi. You comming, or staying?"
    Once again not waiting for an answer she angrily stormed towards the castle. Too many people were popping out of nowhere. She was getting nervous.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Leng

"I assure you, we are quite alive. Though I'm not sure about that one with the axe, all she seems to do is walk toward that castle and whack things. Let me help you up. What has happened here? Perhaps Saranna can tend your wounds. Have you seen any Lightbringers pass by this way?"

25. - Top - End - #55

Saranna

"Greetings" Saranna says, looking at the new rough looking man, "I am Saranna my friend speaks of, can I be of assistance to you?" Without really waiting for a reply she lays her morningstar on the floor for a second before swinging her backpack from her shoulder and after a little rummaging pulled out a small stick of carved wood and mutters to herself, pointing it at the man.

Once his wound was healed she continues talking to him, "who are you? What brings you to a place like this? And Leng my friend, I shouldn't goad that woman any more. She doesn't seem all too stable..."

Spoiler
    Show
    That Guy, I'll use as many charges in my wand of cure light wounds to heal Orson. I'll leave all the rolling to you

26. - Top - End - #56

BlackDragon

"The streets are choked with mist, limiting vision to only a few dozen feet. The buildings here at the edge of town look abandoned, burned out, or barricaded. Garbage litters the ground, and a carrion stench assaults your nose. Ahead, an overturned haycart blocks the street."

All
    Spoiler
    Show
    Roll Initiative!

Sarrana
    Spoiler
    Show
    You use one charge to completely heal his wound
    Last edited by That Guy; 2008-04-22 at 11:59 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57

MindFlayer

Marquis' heart felt like it was racing towards oblivion. This insanity wracked at his mind, keeping his thoughts away from the pounding in his chest. What the hell was going on in this place, who in Orcus' name were these people, and why was axe-lady so imprompt to dive into the fray of it all? As if the action could bolster his nerves Marquis lowered his face plate and latched it shut. The man's mind withdrew into it's own world behind the armor. There was just something truely, and utterly, wrong with this place. Out of instinct he moved forward, towards Taj.

(( Ahhhhh **** son ))

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+4)[12]

28. - Top - End - #58
    Dwarf in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Initiative: (1d20+6)[20]

And for the familar: (1d20+2)[3]

29. - Top - End - #59

BlackDragon

((OOC))
    Spoiler
    Show

XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO
    OOOOOOOOOOOOO
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOOXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOOOOOX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX
    XXXXOOOOXXXXX

Alright heres my awesome battle map, You may place yourselves anywhere in the red area, the silver area is where the cart is, to tell me where ya at consider the top row 1 through 4 and the left side going down A through C Kinda like battleship.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

B4

initiative - (1d20+6)[25]