New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: In His Glorious Majesty's Service

Kabrain starts to nod slowly as Tero speaks. "I think you might be on to something. I agree with this plan."
    Quote Originally Posted by Narsil View Post
    This is a D&D web forum. There's more cheese here than there is in France.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Halfling in the Playground

With a small smirk on his face Ryu replies “Clever, no flaws that I can see. Let’s do that.” The smile growing larger while he says it.

3. - Top - End - #63

Devil

Violet

"Made of nothing, but amounts to everything! A wheel within a wheel. Not a plan, but a test. Hope it works, give a prayer." Violet walks over to Belmund, as he does not wear heavy metal gauntlets, and crosses his fingers.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Belmund gives Violet an amused smile as he pats her head with his free hand. "That'll do little one, that'll do."

5. - Top - End - #65

Devil

Violet

"No touching!" Violet slapped his hand away violently. Indeed, the only thing that seemed to be the same from mission to mission was that Violet never liked to be touched by other people, and that she always wore a mask. "Violets are flowers." She scolded the much larger Belmund. "We understand the garden is lovely this time of year. But please do not pick the flowers. They need to bloom."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Belmund laughed at his companions slap, "Oh little one you do brighten these days. I too agree with this plan, now then let us not tarry with its enactment." This he says with a look and nod at Tero.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Tero

"Alright then, It'll be up in a second." Tero closes his eyes as his hands begin a series of motions, as if holding a glob of putty. His movements as precise, carefully shaping the invisible sculpture and as before, a silvery glob seems to begin to for on the ground before him. It grows much larger then the statue before it and slowly takes a large, monstrous shape. When Tero opens his eyes again, the construct seems to shiver and come to life.

"A bit smaller then they usually are, but it'll do. Now to fix the color..." Once again, Tero starts concentrating, but this time the glob forms around the silvery spider. It glows darker then before. With a noticeable jolt, the second silver layer snaps off, leaving a dark brown coating on the retriever look alike. After a deep breath, Tero turns to his creation. After a few awkward steps, the construct picks up the wooden statue and gets moving into the wastes. Tero moves to the edge of the wall and watches it attentively, controlling its every action like a puppeteer.

Spoiler
    Show
    As before, the Retriever's stat block is that of a fifth level Astral Construct. Menu options are as follows:

Claws (claws instead of slams, from constructor, Menu A)
    Celerity (+10ft speed, Menu A)
    Extra Attack (3 claws, Menu B)
    Improved Grab (Menu B)

PP used so far:
    1 (Minor Creation for the statue)
    9 (5th level Astral Construct lasting 12 minutes)
    1+1 (Ectoprotection with a linked Minor Creation for the paint job)

He'll take ten on the Craft sculpting check for 18 total so it should be recognizable as a Retriever
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2008-05-04 at 06:27 PM.
    Will be edited by Ryuuk : Sometime in the future.

8. - Top - End - #68

Devil

You watch is silence as the construct scuttles towards the guards. As it aproaches, the minotaur steps forward to halt it. The beastman and the construct stand in silence for a good minute, but to those watching it feels like strained hours. Suddenly, and seemingly without provocation, the minotaur lets out a roar of fury and draws its weapon, as the Lammasu takes flight.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tero: Roll for the construct's initiative.
    "How should I live each tomorrow - like the first day or the last?
    With silence in the sunshine or music in the darkness..." -Awake (Bumblefoot)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Tero

"They paused beforehand, good sign, no?" Tero draws closer and closer to the edge of the wall, trying to get a better view of what's going on.

Construct's Initiative (1d20+1)[13]

10. - Top - End - #70

Devil

Violet

Violet digs around in her bag for her own custom-built spyglass. "I see, I see, I see! Words of steel and wings of flight! Speak not, words get in the way of our love!" She states rather perplexingly as she watches the battle unfold.

11. - Top - End - #71

Devil

Before the Construct can react to the shift in the situation, the Lammasu is on top of it, its claws gouging holes in the automaton that ooze a toxic green ectoplasm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Astral Construct takes 25 Damage. Astral Construct's turn.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Tero

"The Lammasu is quick, it looks like the it's pretty fierce too." Tero makes the Construct try "attack" the Lionesque beast before fleeing from it. He knew the construct was lost, but he wanted to see how long it would take them. "Wonder if they'll go after it."

Spoiler
    Show
    Tero will command it to try swing its claw at the Lammasu, not in hopes of harming it, just to make it look like its fighting back. Afterwards, he'll have it run, struggleing to move and ending its move within 80 ft from the minotaur.

Standard: Swing a claw at it with no intent on hitting (taking 1 on the attack roll?)
    Move: Move away from the Lammasu (provoke an AoO) and end its move some 80ft from the Minotaur.

HP 43/68, AC 23
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2008-05-06 at 09:27 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73

Devil

As the construct flees, the Lammasu slashes at its backside, but misses. It takes a moment to glimpse back at the minotaur, who nods. Returning the gesture, the lammasu makes a flying pounce on to the astral golem.

Spoiler
    Show
    Construct takes 38 poits of damage.
    BTW Ryuuk: We're using armor as DR, so the Construct has 21 AC and DR 2/-
    Last edited by Mephe; 2008-05-06 at 10:06 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Ryuuk

"Interesting, it won't last much longer now, but what if..." As its probably death throes, Tero has the construct fight back. It turns back to its pursuer and flails its claws at it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full Attack:
    Claw 1: (1d20+13)[18]
    Damage (1d8+9)[12]

Claw 2: (1d20+13)[14]
    Damage (1d8+9)[15]

Claw 3: (1d20+13)[30]
    Damage (1d8+9)[14]

HP 5/68, AC 21
    Last edited by Ryuuk; 2008-05-07 at 05:58 AM.

15. - Top - End - #75

Devil

Violet

"Shadow or blood. Pretty knights attack while blossoms removes the bars? Or carried on flower petals when the moon kisses the sky?" Violet turns to face a random person in the group, more than likely Belmund or Tero, who have played along with her well enough in the past. "Sneak or slay, decide soon."

16. - Top - End - #76

"I know enough; slay."
    Last edited by Xion; 2008-05-08 at 10:07 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Devil

The Lammasu rears back at the strike, howling and cursing in a tongue that assaults your ears even at this distance. Though you can't understand it, the very sound conjures images of Hellfire and bloody damnation. Coming down on the construct, the Lammasu rends the last traces of "life" from it. As the ectoplasmic jelly spills fom the wounds of its slain foe, the Lammasu flies into the courtyard, and enters the tower, leaving the minotaur as the sole guard.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Well now we have only one guard to deal with, perhaps a sudden and overwhelming strike is in order." Belmund strokes his chin thinking of the best option.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Tero

"Well, the lion left, perhaps they aren't in line with the daemons, otherwise the telepathy would have been enough to warn them, no?" He draws his bow and tests the string before continuing. "You're right though, there's only one guard, now's our chance. Lets just get down there and take things as they come. At the very worst case scenario, those of us that can't hide can act as a distraction while those that can just sneak in and get the job done."

20. - Top - End - #80

"I agree - if we are to charge, now is the time," Kabrain says with the sudden calm of a man who knows he is about to enter battle, and draws the massive two-hander from the sheath strapped to his back underneath the billowing cloak.

Spoiler
    Show
    Change Presence aura to Power. Activate the Marshal auras Motivate Care and Demand Fortitude when everyone is ready to charge in, before Initiative is rolled.

When all my auras are up, you all gain the following benefits:
    +3 Initiative, Listen, Spot, Damage
    +6 Fortitude Saves
    +1 AC.
    All unnamed bonuses, so they stack with everything.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Barbarian in the Playground

Goblin

Vorelm

Pelor's priest merely nods, gripping his blessed mace. "Slay," he confirms in Violet's words.

22. - Top - End - #82

Devil

Seeing that you've come to a decision, Auryalle adresses all of you.
    We should be able to give you concealment for the first four-hundred or so feet, leaving you with another three hundred to cross on your own. Best of luck to you, Binders.
    Bidding farewell to the Eyes, you make your way to the exit of your tower. Despite Auryalle's assurance of cover, you find it prudent to attempt a stealthy advance. You halt at what you guess to be one hundred feet short of the concealment's range, you'd rather not risk Auryalle overestimating the range at your expense. Unsure as to whether the concealment entends to sound as well as sight, you speak in low whispers.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"From here I can cleanse him with potent fire, though that may be t far for the rest of you too strike, though I may be able to get off two before he has a chance to react." Belmund says with a fire in his eyes and voice.

24. - Top - End - #84

Devil

Violet

Violet looks for the most ideal method to approach the building. The blighted, blasted landscape might not be good for cover, but she wanted to see if there was a method for her to remain hidden. Notably, her longbow is ready if she needs to strike from a distance. But she wanted not to attract attention just for the sake of not fighting the entire temple.

Spoiler
    Show
    If Violet can find enough cover to remain relatively hidden, she will make her approach under stealth. If not, she will be using the rest of the group as the cover she needs to infiltrate.

25. - Top - End - #85

Xion turns to Belmund and questions “You can not possibly k….” He then remembers the last time Belmund cast the spell and the amount of time it took to get the ash out of his armor and clothes, and shuts up. “So do you think your spell will be enough or should I get ready to charge”
    Last edited by Xion; 2008-05-15 at 01:40 AM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"While I would like to think he will be incinerated immediately, I shall make no guarantee. If nothing else he should be quite injured by the blast." Belmund's eyes begin to glow with fire of their own as he begins to call forth his power, he will not do so quite yet as he wants the rest of the team to weigh in.

27. - Top - End - #87

"Go ahead, if you can char him a little before we close feel free," Kabrain confirms to Belmund. "No need to spend your best spells on it though, I'm sure we can take it down fairly quickly up close."

((Just use the Orb of Fire, an Empowered Fireball against a single target would be a waste.))

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

Tero

While Tero decides on whether to blast the minotaur away or not, Tero crouches down and pick up a pinch of dirt. Mumbling to himself, he lets it drop slowly, grain by grain. As he lets go of the last batch, it seems to get blown away by a strange breeze, which seemed to start and end by Tero's person.

Once done, he concentrates, closing his eyes for a brief second. When he opens them again, he's seems to hold his bow slightly differently, as if he'd found just the right amount of grip for the current conditions. "It's just one guard to our six, he won't last long regardless of how you look at it. We'd just better act quick though, we don't know for how long the lion's going to be gone."

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Longstrider (+10ft landspeed, 5 hour duration)
    Manifest Offensive Precognition (4pp, Expending focus to Overchannel and increase my ML without injury, +2 insight to attack rolls, 14 minute duration)

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Then let us start." Belmund says with barely restrained excitement as he begins to feel the euphoria calling forth his power brings. "First I think we had better speed things up!"

As he says this each of his companions can feel warmth creep into their bodies and can now move quicker than before. Then he focuses on calling forth his more destructive powers and his eyes burn and his hair ruffles from the power he call forth. His hands meet, outstretched before him and a beam of blue launches forth, it meets the minotaur and explodes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casts Haste which lasts for 11 rounds effects all in party

Also casts empowered fireball which deals [roll0] damage and has a DC of 20

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

((ooc: Hmm I guess you can't preview posts when rolling, how annoying (15d6)[54]))