New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Rise of the Benediction (NotD)

Sirax

Draconic: ''Indeed I do speak Draconic, in fact, it's a rare language I don't speak.''

Elph, it looks like we might be going in with these Marru creatures, at least, Flaw wants to barge in. Qespherix doesn't trust these creatures one ounce, Caracol seems reluctant, but he'll cave if we head in...I don't see any reason to trust these creatures, however, to refuse a potential ally could easily be our doom. Sadly, I fear that trusting them could provoke a similar result...

Sirax then mutters to himself, ''Heh, doomed if we do, doomed if we don't.''
    For the last time, it stands for Shadow of Darkness!

Thankin' Nevitan fer me babytar!

Kasaad Shadowweb-Chitine Paladin of Freedom (now a clickable link!).

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt
    SoD is my favorite too.
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerHunter View Post
    SoD casts Pun
    SoD's Pun crits TigerHunter for 10k.
    TigerHunter dies.

Genderbender week comin' up! SoDess by Bisected8 *applause*

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

Spoiler
    Show
    Dustfinger, may I have a Sense Motive check on Ghell? I have to ask, as if I roll it myself, I'll know how likely Kiruuk's hunch is to be accurate.

Kiruuk waits for Ghell and his followers to take their leave before breaking his silence. He nods at the concerns of Koros, but his face only registers blank incomprehension at Qespherix's foreign comments.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-05-17 at 09:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

Ghell looks at you oddly as you begun your secret discussion. He then mutters in fluent Draconic.

How dare you insult my intelligence? You think i'm not cultured because I don't live like you do?

He then reverts back to speaking common.

Fine, wait as long as you want and trust us or not, it's your lives, not ours. And yes we do have scouts about, but you have no business knowing what happens in this area, not anymore.

Ghell says a few words in a language none of you understand then all of the group of Marruspawn walk back towards the fort gates, leaving you alone.

Spoiler
    Show
    You can still follow and talk before they get inside if you so desire.

Sirax- You dont really know anything about the Marru at all.

Kiruuk- Ghell seems like a nice trustworthy fellow. Albeit now a nice angry trustworth fellow.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Here are characters I'm currently playing
    Aidan Gasteau

Here's the games I'm currently running
    A Shadow Falls
    Huge thanks to Caracol for my Maximus Centauri Avatar.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elphin

Frowning at this latest development, Elphin sends a silent reply back to Sirax,Alright, go in. If nothing else, they kill undead and I can respect that. We have no reason to trust them and no reason not to. I can wait outside of the walls, just in case. They don't need to know about all of us.
    It ain't braggin' if you can back it up.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirax

Curses Sirax thinks, we can't afford to surrender a potential ally, and we especially can't afford to make a new enemy...

Thinking quickly, putting a thought into Ghells head, in whatever language he was speaking earlier: Giving these creatures a second chance may be in order, anyone in their position would be suspicious, and they'd be fools not to.

Spoiler
    Show
    Implanting a suggestion, that's a DC 20 will save to negate it. If this is considered a very reasonable suggestion, the save is made at a -1 or -2 penalty, at the DM's discretion.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qespherix

His masked head turns to Ghell when he starts to speak Draconic.

(In Draconic)"It is not an insult to your intelligence, but in your society we might be the prey. Of course, I don't think I would--"

He quickly cuts himself off before revealing too much. Then he turns to the others as Ghell walks away.

(In common)"Alright, I say we go in. They seem trustworthy enough to not kill us at the least. But keep a watchful eye."
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Updating 2 spell every day (Continuing when I stop being lazy.. Should be any day now...)!
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Kalad Redbomb; Jarelk Archon

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Fine, come on, just hold your tounge's next time.

Ghell walks you inside the fortress walls and you finaly get to peer at the inside. Marble columns are holding up sandstone buildings. Wolf men of all sizes are marching around. There is a training area near the front of the fortress where all of the weapons are kept.

Well, here it is. It's no much, but until the Marru return and cleanse the undead menace, it's all we have.

He walks you into the palace doors and down a long winding hallway.

Here you go, these are your rooms. You should find them accomidating enough. If you would like to barter for equipment or if you need your weapons repaired, the merchants shop is the last door on your right down this hall.

Your rooms are filled with anything one might need in the dessert. You even have your own personal fountains in the corner. Each of you gets your own room.

Before I go, the feast will be held in about 6 hours, we will send someone to get all of you. Please don't come armed to dinner, our leader doesn't like it when visitors carry weapons to the table.

With that, Ghell quickly leaves as you all get settled in your rooms.
    Last edited by Dustfinger; 2008-05-19 at 06:39 AM.
    Here's a link to a homebrew of a Black Jewels Trilogy setting. It is in dire need of help, so if you have any ideas please stop by.

Aidan Gasteau

A Shadow Falls

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

The orcish warrior scans his room, somewhat shocked by the disregard for storing water there.

This must be an abundant oasis indeed... lucky dogs.

"Beyond their scouting and supplies, should we request anything?" he asks. While waiting for the others to reply, he walks into his room, acquiring however necessary a few strips of cloth to peacebond his sword.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qespherix

Qespherix goes into his own room, but turns to the others in the doorway.

"Don't come in, if you wish to keep your extremities."

He then proceeds to his room, preparing for the feast.

Eating. With a mask. This shall prove tricky to avoid...

Spoiler
    Show
    Qespherix will take off his cloak and mask to take off his armor and weaponry. He will wear the cloak and mask to the feast though.
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Updating 2 spell every day (Continuing when I stop being lazy.. Should be any day now...)!
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirax

Elph, we're in. That hooded fool nearly had us thrown out before we got in, but I managed to implant my own ideas into this Ghells head. I just hope they're as trustworthy as want us to think they are...I hope you're getting these details...

''Well. While we're here, I may as well see what the satyrs cloak was, apart from magic. If I get in trouble, you'll hear screaming.'' Sirax says and confidently walks off, calling over his shoulder: ''And it won't be mine!''

As soon as he's out of sight, he leans against a wall, massaging his temples, muttering to himself, changing languages every other sentance, a habit of his when he's feeling stressed about something. ''''I don't beleive this, we're back on Shello. We've barely been here two days, and already we've been attacked twice, once by the living once by the dead. And now we're trapped...and Elph isn't here...''

Hmm, I guess I should find some magician here...

Spoiler
    Show
    Sirax goes off in search of a Ghell magician, still carrying his weapon (sheathed on his back). He will attempt to get the cloaks abilities identified.
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-05-20 at 12:56 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Barbarian in the Playground

I have a bad feeling. We could have made a mistake accepting their proposal.thinks Koros,stepping into his room.
    We need to use the hours left before the feast. We should try to find out some more about these creatures.

Koros take some minutes to rest in his room,then he walks out again, knocking at his comrades rooms, proposing them to explore the fortress, trying not to be noticed.

Characters played:
    Koros (Nation of the Dead) < - adopt this psicopatic as your avatar!!!
    Bones (Beginner's Dungeon Crawl)

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

I warned you. Now you have to go read it.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

Kiruuk's lip twitches slightly at Sirax's comment.

"Glad to hear it."

When Koros makes his request, Kiruuk agrees, then takes the cover off of the pillow in his room, wrapping it tightly around his sword in a peace bond.

That's as close as he'll come to unarmed.

"So, what do you want to inspect first? Escape routes?"

((Edit: Corrected name issue; sorry about that.))
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-05-21 at 08:25 PM.

13. - Top - End - #163

OOC: who is this Caracol are you talking about?

Koros nods at Kiruuk questions.I think we should explore the whole fortress, looking for everything could be unexpected or dangerous.
    I would like to know more about this wolfmen. I don't trust them. They might look friendly, but nothing deserves trust if it doesn't serve the higher power of the Righterous.
    I don't like to flee, but I could be the only way to keep our mission, if needed.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

Stepping outside and shutting his door, Kiruuk nods. As he begins walking toward the next door, he replies.

"I don't really care what power they serve. We just don't know enough about them to trust them.

I'll look with you into anything strange we may find, but knowing how to get out is paramount. We can't fight a city."

((I figure that whoever wants to post next is the next door that we visit, so please don't worry about responding.))

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elphin

Elphin see's the group depart for the citadel and begins to look for a defensible location to keep watch on the Oasis while remaining unseen. While he does this, he attempts to get in contact with his cousin,Alright, Seer (I assume tis pronounced Seer-axe?), stay careful in there. Check in with me when you get the chance, I need to stay appraised of the situation if I'm going to be of any use to you. I guess you knew that, good luck.

His message away, the ranger begins to dig in to his encampment setting up alarms for when he's forced to sleep. That done, he lies low and watches and waits.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm away from my book at the moment, can I use survival to set some sort of alarm to wake me?

Assuming so: Survival (d20+11)[17]
    Hide (d20+18)[21]
    Spot (d20+11)[19]

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qespherix

You hear a growl and a loud movement from the other side of the door as you knock. When you explain your intentions you keep hearing a loud growling behind the door. Finally, Qespherix speaks.

"I have no intentions of petty sneaking! Do as you wish, but leave me alone!" He sounds very angry, but he speaks in a very quick and nervous manner.
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

Kiruuk shrugs, genuinely noncommittal.

"As you wish. Don't count on us being able to fight our way back to you, should things go poorly."

He then begins to move on.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Sirax- You wander around the fort looking for the magician. It takes you 20 minutes to finaly find which room is the one you are looking for.

Well well, this does seem like a very interesting cloak. A bit tattered and blood stained, but that doesn't make the magic lose potency. This cloak seems to blur your image when you are in darkness. Also, it has a small shield of energy around it that I assume is to deflect attacks of some sort. This could prove very useful indeed, if you are willing to sell it, I would pay you more than generously. Lets say 7,000 gold coins? The man hands you the cloak and stands awaiting a response.

Kiruuk and Koros- You both search the fort for any escape routes. You see that there are no doors leading to the outside besides the large ones you walked in. There are guards everywhere but you seemed to notice that there were two places where more experienced looking guards were placed. You caught a glimpse at one of the rooms and saw an enormous golden throne, but no one on it. The door to the other room never opened while you walked. After two hours of walking your body is beginning to lose it's energy.

Elphin- You dig yourself a small hole where you can hide from the people in the fortress. You set up a few alarm systems made mostly from sharps rocks. But you find a cactus that you know to explode if a good amount of pressure is put on it. You manage to uproot it and bring it to your encampment and cover it with sand. As far as you know, if something comes in and disturbs the cactus, you'll know and are in enough cover to not be harmed.

Aidan Gasteau

A Shadow Falls

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirax

''That seems like a fair price, however, I must see weather this could be useful for one of my companions. I'm not refusing to sell because of a low price, in fact, your price seems more than fair. But this cloak is not solely mine. Regardless, I will be back later, if I decide to sell it.''

Sirax then transmits a breif discription of the cloak to Elphin. What do you think, Elph? Any good for you?
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-05-28 at 01:39 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

20. - Top - End - #170

"I suggest to get some rest. We will be able to figure out the situation later: the Righterous will give us a sign about what has to be done." says Koros, heading back to his room.

Characters played:

don't look here!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

A loud gong is heard throughout the fort. Shortly following the gong, you hear a man outside your door. You open the door to see a wolf-man no smaller than a human adolesent standing in attantion waiting for you.
    Excuse me, I was told to escort you all to dinner.

You follow the small man to the other side of the fortress to a pair of large double doors. As the doors open, music and light pours out, overwhelming your senses. This enormous room is lit up by crystals that are lining the walls and ceiling. A huge table is the rooms centerpiece, the table is about 30 feet long and 10 feet wide. The table is lined with an array of foods, all of which you have never seen before. The floor of this room is a mural and from where you are standing it looks to be of a white marrut fighting off a horde of undead all by himself. This could be of some importance seeing as all of the other marrut you have seen have all had black coats. The band playing in the corner changes songs as you enter and take your seats at the table. After about a minute you hear the double doors open again. You turn to see a monstrous marrut standing in the doorway. This Jackle-Like creature is no less than 12 feet tall and has shoulders as broad as a ettin. His white coat glistens as he walks towards the throne at the head of the table. Everyone in the room stops what they are doing, stands and salutes as he walks.

I am Berrok White-Skin, commander of this fortress. This place is a safe haven for everyone who sets foot in it unless they danger my people. Who are all of you and why are you here? No one wanders the wastes of Shello, there is nothing left in this forsaken continent but death and destruction.

As Berrok sits the music begins again and the saluting ceases.

Take and eat, you are welcome in my home.

As you all begin to eat, you find that despite the looks, the food is quite enjoyable. All you can hear is the music and chatter of the marrut until the merryment is disrupted. Berrok gets up and walks towards you, particularly Kiruuk. He pulls him up out of his seat and places him upright on the ground.

I believe it was said that there would be NO WEAPONS in my presence!

As you look around the room, you now notice that there is not one weapon in the room. All of the men at the table are unarmed, and the guards only have quarterstaves.

Leave the weapon at the door and continue with the meal, this is your only warning!

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay sorry about the absence again, it's all explained in the OOC thread. Also, in responding to this post, give your introduction of who you are and why you are here, then say anythign you would have said during the dinner, then anything involving Kiruuk's weapon. Make sure to obviously seperate them.

Aidan Gasteau

A Shadow Falls

22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qespherix

Qespherix immediately stands up and turns to Berrok, his cloak swirling around with his mask giving an intimidating look. He thinks fast before he talks.

"My friend Kiruuk is extremely sorry for this. Don't blame him, he's just very cautious, as would you be in our situation."

He turns to Kiruuk.

"Please leave your weapon outside, Kiruuk. We don't want trouble."
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Sirax

Seeing the Marruspawn saluting, Sirax stands and salutes as well.

The affair with Kiruuk:

''Please, my lord, Kiruuk meant no harm. But if we don't know you, and, although we greatly appriciate this kind, generous offer, we would be fools not to have some way of escape or protection if we needed it!''

Spoiler
    Show
    rushed diplomacy check: (1d20-3)[5]

At one point in the night: Sirax approaches Berrok, and speaks, in Marruspeak, ''Lord Berrok? I was wondering if you could satisfy my curiosity on yourself and your offer? As you would have heard from your High Preist, we very nearly decided not to accept your offer, for understandable reasons. We don't know who you are, and for all we know you could be wolves in, aha, wolves clothing. However, consequently, we could also be a danger you've let in to your midst. As you have said, no one wanders the wastes of Shello, there is nothing left in this forsaken continent but death and destruction. Maybe we are here to bring death and destruction to your very room. Please, don't misunderstand me, I'm not trying to threaten you, and I cincerely hope that we can be allies. I have merely been wondering why you decided to offer us shelter in these dangerous times, for the dead are not the only dangers here.'' While speaking to Berrok, Sirax shows all due deference, and tries not to look paticularly threatening.

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess...diplomacy to convince him that, although bringing up this topic, we actually don't mean harm? if so dimplomacy - (1d20+7)[10]
    Last edited by SoD; 2008-06-13 at 09:18 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    SoD is my favorite too.
    SoD casts Pun
    TigerHunter dies.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

Elphin

Elphin remains outside, watching the fortress (or resting if rest is needed).

Spoiler
    Show
    Could I hear Sirax's last message?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Kiruuk

During dinner
    Kiruuk takes small bites out of everything that is served to him before committing himself fully to any course. He also looks around casually to see as many of the exits as possible, and see which ones have the least obstructions from his place.

After Berrok's assault
    Kiruuk's eyes blaze for a moment, but he calms at Qespherix's request.

"As you wish."

The orc makes no threatening movements, and slowly looks into Berrok's eyes.

He then calmly says,

"If you can't stand to see my sword, then I'll leave with it.

I won't insult your hospitality, but this blade has...importance to me. I'd no sooner leave it than my own arm."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry that I didn't check the game before now; I'll try to keep up from now on.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2008-06-13 at 01:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

Qespherix

Qespherix nods to Kiruuk, relieved, and sits down to continue the meal.
    Signature made by Wojiz
    Spoiler
    Show

Deceiver PrC
    A whole new Spell List
    Arkenhammer

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show