New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 2

The red-skinned fiend laughs heartily at the captain's comment. "I think I will sit next to you." he chuckles. "Maybe I'll be able to learn something about sailing." he grins, and then deposits a small purse into the captains lap.

"Pleased to make your acquaintances, Masters du Shorning and Stormdancer. And very pleased to make your acquaintance." he bows with a flourish to the young woman.

"Nestarion, at your service." he says as he rights himself.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

2. - Top - End - #32
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Astrus looks at Nestarion oddly, as if summing up his demeanor versus his appearance, and (after a quick detect evil spell) decides to go with the benefit of the doubt, and stands up to greet the fiend.

"Pleasure to meet you, Nestarion; Astrus Bellakin. I must say your appearance is rather... astounding, to say the least." Astrus gives a little half-smile and sits back down, absentmindedly stroking Remy, his hippogryph.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

3. - Top - End - #33

Vega nods to the half-fiend , smiling little, despite her nervousness from the attention she was getting.

"I am Vega Siandon. Follower of Obad-Hai."
    Most excellent Watcher avatar courtesy of GryffonDurime.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taraliel snorted, a strangely hollow sound. "Obad-Hai?" He made a dismissive gesture with one hand. "Why... not touch the primal forces for yourself?" His voice became more normal, almost passionate, as he spoke. "The secrets of life and death, of creation and destruction, are there for the grasping. All you need... is to reach out... and take hold..." He stretched out a hand, staring at a single spot in the air for a moment, as though lost in thought. Then he turned to the captain. "Pray, have... you-ever-con... sidered the possibility of another... kind of prosthesis? I can-give you... something a bit better than... your current, mostly... inanimate limbs. I... can make you-stronger. Or faster. Mortals... we are frail-so-frail. But... I can fix that. Better-arms, better... legs. Or tentacles. Claws. You could be so much more than merely... human." There was something hungry in his eyes. He rubbed his gloved hands together, hungrily.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Dawn walked up onto the ship after everyone else, giving a somewhat strange look to Taraliel, though not as strange as you might expect. "Like what kin'a? You aint talkin' 'bout a deeplin's arms, are yeh?"
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

6. - Top - End - #36

"If you wish. Or... would a demon's... be more-to-your liking? Possibly you... would prefer the delicate-scent of... the undead? It only takes... a resurrectionist and a shovel. You are... a-man-of-the-world, yes? You know... it is power that... drives great men. Are you... a great man, Mr. Dawn? Do you wish... to be? I can give you... a measure, thereof. There is power... for any man. It only waits to see what you are willing to pay." He reached up to shift his mask slightly, giving the captain a glimpse at his face. "I live, Mr Dawn! I... live. It cost me, but I have gained power. Power that comes from knowledge. Some think to gain this power from the gods, but only by our own hands can we be truly... free. Some say I have gone too far, but they are not willing to go far enough!" His eye took on the gleam of a prophet or madman. "What are you willing to pay? I can help you, Mr. Dawn, but only if you would go far enough!" He calmed, somewhat. "There... are other grafts, of course. Grafts of flesh, grafts... of stone. It is... your decision, of-course."
    Spoiler
    Show

Owl-atar by KingGolem

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

"Al........righ'... I won' tell no one if'n you make sure not ta kill no innocents, alrigh'? But if yer offerin' a new arm or leg..." He examines his old, somewhat rusted metal arm. "S'pose I could get a bran' new metal arm? This'n's a bit rusty in it's age, I reckon. Or maybe I reckon one that'd not rust might be a bit more like'et, like stone yeh say?"

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #38

"Ex...cellent. I shall require... 50,000 gold for the operation. It requires... some expensive materials. This is, naturally... with a discount." He smiles, an odd, almost nervous seeming smile. "We can begin the operation... tonight. Oh!" He arched an eyebrow inquiringly. "Do you-have... a cork? Large... enough, to fit... in-your-mouth?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Owl-atar by KingGolem

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"Well, eh, got me a ship to captain tonight, how bout' we wait a bit 'til we reach calmer seas and can anchor the ol' woman." He walks up to the deck of the ship and cries out with a great booming voice, "SET SAAAAIL!" As he shouts that, his meager crew begins working all about the ship, setting sails and pulling up multiple anchors.

It's a long while at sea, on the third day the Captain deems it calm enough, with nothing more than a light drizzle overhead to drop anchor and allow Taraliel to do his operation on him, and letting his first mate, Fenn Knight, take over in his recovery and absence from consciousness and the material plane.

By the fifth day, it seems calm enough, barely a cloud in the sky as they sail. The captain seems at first very disturbed by his new grafts... but doesn't take him more than a day to get used to them and yet another to really love his new body-parts. "Ahaha! Terry yeh great ol' elf! If'n I lose 'nother limb I'll come righ' to yah!" Giving him a hardy pat on the back with his new demonic claw... all but the arm he uses to pat him seem energetic and happy through the pat... but the arm itself seems almost like it wants to punch holes in Taraliel.
    Right after he finally gets used to the new, unexpected grafts, he pays Taraliel in ancient Shelloen gold coins and many pieces of ancient art and jewelery.

Days eight through twelve are largely uneventful... more intermingling with the crew and the party, you learn some of their names and mannerisms. They all almost seem as insane as Captain Dawn himself, but not nearly as much. The captain himself seems to stand at the bow of the ship, facing the wind with a grin and a squinted eye.

On the thirteenth day... or more accurately the thirteenth night, when all are asleep in their chambers and hammocks, there's a strange creaking in the ship and the sounds of something moving in the water outside...
    "AAAUUUGGGHH!!" *splash*
    "AT AAARMS!!" And as the captain shouts over the dark ship, there is a deep, unholy moaning coming from the very water beneath the ship...
    Spoiler
    Show
    When everyone's up and on the deck, I'll roll for initiative.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-22 at 11:16 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40

Taraliel takes a moment to cast several protective spells. He chants a short sea shanty in a long-dead tongue, and his skin glistens with tiny scales.
    As he does so, one of his prayer beads begins to glow softly. Then he whispers a soft, paean to darkness, and shadows spring from the floor, covering him like a cloak. Another, and tentacles of darkness spring from the air around him, grasping around like hungry children, looking for sweets. A boast of strength in the language of the titans, and he feels as though nothing can truly harm him (though he knows the lie in this). Finally, he repeats to himself the oath he swore long ago, that nothing would ever stop him from attaining true mastery of the world around him.

Then he walked out of the fine mansion he kept in his hole and climbed out onto the deck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Scales of the Sea Lord, Armor of Darkness, Crawling Darkness, Superior Resistance, and Extended Conviction, using my bead of karma for a +4 boost to caster level.
    Last edited by Jack Mann; 2008-04-22 at 11:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Owl-atar by KingGolem

11. - Top - End - #41

Derham leaps out of bed, and after a quick prayer, he runs as fast as he can up to the deck.

As soon as he gets topside, he whirls around, looking for the danger.
    WHAT IS IT?!
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Captain Dawn stands on the deck looking far more hard-faced than any of you have ever seen him, wielding a massive, curved blade in his hand. Anyone who looks at it for a moment might recognize it to be of orcish craft. He is not the only one on the deck ready for battle, many of his men stand on board with cutlasses, rapiers, spears and tridents. A bolt of lightning strikes the mast and the rain begins to fall again...
    The ocean boils around you as something larger than your ship surfaces. Two tentacles as wide around as a horse rise above you, and then slam down on the deck, gouging long tears in the wooden planks with the sharp barbs at the ends. Six shorter arms reach up, and you can see that rather than barbs, these end in long claws. One latches onto a sailor, hooking him like a worm, and carrying it back. Lightning strikes the mast, and for a moment, you can see the green-grey scales that mark the skin like a mosaic, blending to the slimy, smooth flesh of the undersides. Then the head rises from the waves, and you forget the arms. Water streams down the mangy hair of the head, down to the scales and the slimy flesh. The eyes are larger than you are, and look like a feral dog's. Two mouths are mounted side-by-side, too close together to be used separately. They gnash in unison. They look like the mouths of hyenas, but instead of teeth, only a smooth dark hook extending past the lips, like the mouths had swallowed a pair of gigantic parrots beaks. It flings the dying sailor into those mouths, and he doesn't have time to scream.
    Captain Dawn's eye bugs as he sees it. "****"

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43

The half-fiend smiles, warmly, but still disconcerting given his fangs, at Astrus. "Indeed, I do not hide my appearance. I let my actions speak for me, and those who are more...open minded...do not, as they say, judge a book by its cover."

Having stayed near the captain in order to learn something of sailing, as he had said, Nestarion caught snatches of the conversation between the captain and Taraliel. Though he did not say anything, he did keep a wary and watchful eye upon the man, and the captain, from the fourth day on.

That man plays with powers which he has no true knowledge of. he thinks to himself, shaking his great horned head in resignation. Let us hope the consequences are not such that he dies before learning his lesson.

The devilish man proves to be a likeable fellow. Though his appearance is certainly unusual and startling (to say the least) he has an easy-going manner about him. Sometimes it comes off as arrogant, though it would seem this is unintentional (a side-effect of being over seven paces tall and looking like he does, you suppose).

He freely shares with any who ask his life's purpose and his "story", telling you that he hopes he will be remembered for what he did and how he lived, instead of for how he looked or his heritage.

At the shout of alarm, Nestarion springs from his bed. He unsheathes his katana and then takes up the large steel shield he had resting against the wall of his room. He sets the shield to floating next to him, and races up to the top deck.

Seeing the huge, tentacled beast, Nestarion calls upon his experience to try and identify the odd beast.

Spoiler
    Show

Initiative (1d20+9=24)

Knowledge: Planes / Nature (1d20+10=16, 1d20+4=15)

Try and identify the beast as natural, abomination, or other-worldly (outsider).

As he readies himself, he accomplishes the following:
    1) swift - Dancing Blade Form (stance)
    2) size Katana to Large

Readied Maneuvers for the day:
    Warblade (4)
    1. Emerald Razor
    2. Ironheart Surge
    3. Steely Strike
    4. Claw at the Moon

Swordsage (4)
    1. Flashing Sun
    2. Zephyr Dance
    3. Moment of Perfect Mind
    4. Soaring Raptor Strike

Question: Stone Dragon says you need to be in contact with the "ground". What's your interpretation of " the ground"? So long as you're not in the air? On physical "ground" (like earth)?
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-04-23 at 08:52 AM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

14. - Top - End - #44

Astrus rushes up to deck at the slightest noise of alarm, he never sleeps heavily anyways. As he runs up he invigorates himself and any nearby allies. After seeing the monster he does a quick check to see if it is evil and then shouts to Remy, jumping up on top of him and flying into the air above the ship, and cries "FOUL BEAST OF THE DEPTHS, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE MY WRATH, THE LIGHT WILL VANQUISH THEE!" as he holds his greatsword above his head, which explodes into a dazzling light, illuminating the deck as if it were noon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative (1d20+6)[21]

Casts Resistance on any nearby allies as he runs up (invocation) and on himself. Cast's Bull's Strength on himself, and magic weapon. Daylight invocation on his weapon when he's in the air. Also casts Shield of Faith (+4 bonus) on his mount.

About the screaming, he's very serious about his job.
    Last edited by Vaynor; 2008-04-23 at 10:15 AM.
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Gale Stormdancer

Gale spent his days on the deck, by the captain and behind the masts, invoking the winds to their aid. Despite his predicament of location - bound to be on the deck to provide the winds - he has managed to catch at least some conversations with the others, including the half-fiend with whom he had a most interesting discussion with about his heritage. After hearing the recounted story, he said, under his breath with a slightly singing voice, as if quoting a song he had heard,

"Love can be like poetry of demons
    or maybe gods love complex irony?"

Gale has mostly played the part of the good listener on conversations, but anyone that has shown enough interest has heard at least a brief description of his past life and beliefs.

Although the captain's new grafts caused him to raise an eyebrow, he has not made further comments on them - he feels that they are none of his business. He has spent even his nights on the deck - claiming a dislike of closed spaces and mentioning that he needs only little sleep anyway.

Upon waking to the sound of the man screaming, Gale's hands start the flowing motion of the spell and his mouth a chant even before getting up. Soon there was no need to do it, for he started to ascend to the skies, lifted like a feather.

Once he took in the situation from above, he kept on ascending for another forty feet or so, before his hands begun to dance again. In a few seconds, he disappeared from sight. He smiles as he does... The storm is upon them, and he is in his own element.

Spoiler
    Show

He casts Overland Flight, flies about 50 feet above the sea level, and casts Greater Invisibility, preparing to use a couple of Electricity Orbs. He also attempts to identify the creature.

Knowledge nature: [roll0]

Also, I thought that Krimm says in the spoiler that he will roll for initiative?

16. - Top - End - #46

Spoiler
    Show

Yes, he does that.
    Also that brings up the question, do we have an OOC thread?
    nevermind, I found it.

Also, I forgot to post what my character would have been doing for all the days. He doesn't need to eat, so unless someone needed him, he would have kept himself in his room (or whatever passes for one), and meditated. If anyone would have been interested in him, he would have talked to anyone who asked, but he wouldn't ever have left until this incident.
    Last edited by Regord_Silentflame; 2008-04-23 at 02:08 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

17. - Top - End - #47

"Hmm." Taraliel considered his options. He could, of course, have attempted to slay the creature on the spot, but such spells had a tendency to do nothing if they failed. Besides, this monster was obviously quite tough. It had a fair chance of shrugging off any spell he threw that could damage it. Better to be sure. He boosted the strength of his magic temporarily, and then threw a bolt of necromantic energy at the beast. After that, he studied it for weaknesses he could report to his fellows.

Attack - (1d20+12)[14]
    Penetration - (1d20+30)[47]
    Planes - (1d20)[7]

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting assay spell penetration, followed by avasculate, and then knowledge (the planes) for dark knowledge (tactics).
    Spoiler
    Show

Owl-atar by KingGolem

18. - Top - End - #48

Vega spends her days leaning against the railing of the ship, staring almost wistfully at the sky. If any engages her in conversation, she is good humored, but a little quiet, preferring to listen. She tries to stay away from Taraliel, feeling nervous around him.

Much to the dismay of many of the crew, she never leaves her room without her armor and robes on. When asked about this, she quickly steers the conversation to something else

------------

Hearing the captain's call, Vega quickly swings out of her hammock and grabs her staff. Used to shipboard combat, she quickly dons a few of her items and hurries to the door. Before exiting, anyone on the other side listening intently can hear the groaning and popping of re-shaping bones. Rushing up to the deck, she is no longer an elven woman, but a creature that looks as though it is half bird, half man. Her hair has been replaced by feathers of the same color, and majestic, white wings trail behind her.

Her eyes widen and she looks upon the great beast, but quickly lets out a long stream of syllables.

Spoiler
    Show
    She changes into her hybrid form, and grabs all of her gear except for her pack and the items in it.

For DM's Eyes Only
    Spoiler
    Show
    She tells the still invisible bone devil to come next to her and cat fly on itself.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:
    Watcher From Behind the Mirror in God-Kings of Lotus and God-Kings of Lotus: Heroes of Lotus

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nestation - 24
    Astrus - 21
    Captain Dawn - 20
    Tha Crew! - 14
    Vega - 12
    Aquatic beast - 11
    Derham - 8
    Gale and Talariel's sheets are down, so they'll just go last. Sorry.

Edit: I'm allowing you those few extra rounds for those spells of yours, only because I think you'll need it...
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-23 at 06:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50

ooc 1: Can someone make a table/list of the buffs that we are all getting?
    ooc 2: How close is the closest tentacle to Nestarion? Is it within 15' (this will determine if it's 2 attacks or 3 for the round).
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Maps!
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

Spoiler
    Show

Krimm said I get several rounds worth of buffs to make up for the spellcaster's actions.
    Current effects
    Initiating Sacred Flame Stance
    Bless weapon
    Divine Sacrifice
    Fell the Greatest Foe
    Detect Evil to be sure the creature is evil
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53

Spoiler
    Show
    Vega will use those extra actions cast Bull's Strength, Mass, and position herself so that she can affect as many people as possible.

That's a +4 to Str by the way, lasting for 12 rounds.

And if her positioning puts her near a tentacle, then she will cast defensively.

Concentration: 1d20+23=32
    Last edited by Ellas Aramond; 2008-04-24 at 12:42 AM.

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

24. - Top - End - #54

Nestarion takes a five-foot step to better position himself, and then unleashes a flashing flurry of strikes against the large tentacle that is still ten-feet away from him.

"It's a spawn of the Abyss!" he calls out. "Demon blood flows through its veins!"

Spoiler
    Show

Literally, Nestarion takes a 5' step to put him 1 square "up" from where he is.

Being in the Dancing Blade Form, his reach is 10', enough to hit that tentacle.

Using Flashing Sun, he gets 1 extra attack, but all attacks are at -2.

QUESTIONS:
    1) Does a size Large weapon automatically grant extra reach? (he is wielding a Large katana)
    2) Do you need to be on "earth/stone/ground" to use Stone Dragon maneuvers, or can you simply *not* be in the air (or suspended in water)

vicious = +2d6 to foe, 1d6 to me
    bane = +2 attack, +2d6 to foe
    Flashing Sun = extra attack, all at -2

first, second, third + crit checks
    a 1: 1d20+23=39
    a 2: 1d20+18=37
    a 3: 1d20+23=25
    c 1: 1d20+23=30
    c 2: 1d20+18=34 +3 from Warblade = 37
    c 3: 1d20+23=27

Damage (assuming the 39 and 37 hit)
    damage 1 (2d8+20+4d6=43)
    damage 2 (4d8+40+4d6=66)

Total Damage: 109

damage self (1d6=1, 1d6=4)
    I do believe my DR 5 vs. Silver or Good applies to reduce those to 0.

He is two-handing his Katana. I'll let you describe the two-handed chopping/slicing and dicing.
    Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-04-24 at 07:08 AM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

25. - Top - End - #55

Astrus runs up the stairs after invigorating himself with his spells, attacking the beast's tentacle with his sword, using an extra flash of holy light on the attack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Astrus moves up to the square between Nestarion and Derham, going up the stairs, and attacks the big tentacle there. He also orders his hippogryph to attack separately (so roll initiative or something for him too).

Attack roll: (smiting evil with the attack) (1d20+31)[47] (-3 if not evil)
    Crit confirm roll (if needed, 17-20 crit chance): (1d20+28)[36]
    Attack damage: (3d6+8)[22] + (2d6+15)[26] (if evil)
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    /veɪnoɚ/

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Nestarion: You didn't need to make the 5-foot step, since you're large you're already in reach. You already have a 10-foot reach due to being large size, so having a large weapon doesn't automatically give you 15 ft. reach. And you don't have to be on 'earth' to use Stone Dragon maneuvers, just have both your feet firmly on something solid. Oh yes, you also take that damage despite your damage reduction, sorry but it doesn't work that way.

Vaynor: Nesty already took off the tentacle... so I'll just assume you attack one of it's arms.

Also, I think I'm just going to assume there are arms all over the deck, and I won't need to draw them on the map... except for the ones already severed and on the deck(which will be counted as rough terrain).

The great diabolical beast that is Nestarion swings his blade twice at the massive, barbed arm of the creature. The first strikes and hacks halfway through it, and a horrible scream issues overboard from the creature's body. He swings again and swings all the way through, the last few inches of skin giving some resistance... but ripping off and swinging onto the deck with a sickening thud, and the rest of the arm slides back into the murky depths.
    Astrus runs up the stairs and holy light bursts from his sword as it collides with the beast, it cries out even louder than Nestarion's strikes and the holy reaving blade slices through the clawed arm and it, too flops down to the ground and wriggles before remaining motionless and the rest of the arm slides into the water.

"Good job ya lot! Let's show this ruddy beast who's ship 'e's attackin'! Ahahaha!!" He holds his blade in a particular position and as his muscles ripple, he actually hurls his massive blade at the beast's arm... It hits with incredible accuracy and without slowing, the sword rips through the arm of the creature and it howls in agony a third time. It's tentacle falling to the deck with a wet thud. The greatfalchion flies through the rain and darkness and right back into his demonic claw, a massive grin on his face.
    "That'll show it, right, men!?" He shouts over his ship, and his crewmen respond with a riled and zealous shout for victory as they begin to rush the arms and start stabbing, hacking and slashing at the creatures limbs as they wave over the ship.
    Before long, one of the arms falls onto the deck and spills even more blood, which mixes with the heavy rain-water.

Vega's Turn
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-24 at 09:58 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #57

Nestarion:
    AC 38 / 18 / 34
    Hp: 146/151

Spoiler
    Show

ooc:
    Actually, Nestarion is *not* Large Sized. Yes, he's tall, but so are Goliaths, and they're only medium.

That wasn't one of the "benefits" of the template. He wears strong-arm bracers, which allow him to wield a larger weapon. His stance grants him 5' of additional reach, making it 10' total. The arm was 15' away, so he had to take the 5' step.

Drats, and here I was hoping that the vicious wouldn't affect me due to DR.
    Ah well.

Last edited by TheMeanDM; 2008-04-24 at 09:45 PM.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

28. - Top - End - #58

Vega stays where she is and simply points directly at the monster. Her face a sharp contrast from what it was before, solemn and serious, as she goes through another line of syllables.

"Shelareioundovnia'deliarmounessen'daivia!"

A few moments later a wretched and skeletal being appears in midair in front of the monster, lashing out with the stinger it has on it's tail.

DM's eyes only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Vega basically shouts "attack it's face".

Stinger attack: (1d20+14)[23]
    damage: (3d4+2)[6]+poison (DC 20 fort)[/roll]

Games:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Characters:

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

The bone-devil curses in it's fowl tongue, using it's high but poisonous voice, "Vaarak'aas!" Anyone who speaks infernal realizes it has uttered a particularly fowl word.
    The twisted devil attempts swinging it's tail into the monster's face, but the barbed weapon fails to pierce it's flesh, even if it found the attack to be a surprise and was caught off-hand.
    The creature bellows in rage... it is not happy with the amount of damage it's been dealt in the past few seconds. It's horrific duel-mouth rises from the water once again and screams in a deep, far more loud bellow, spraying the ship with uncomfortably warm water. It lashes it's remaining long tentacle onto the ship again, aimed at Nestarion. It strikes him hard across his body, slamming hard and dragging it's barbs across his flesh((30 damage)). It then immediately begins to encircle him and crush. No matter how hard the half-devil tries, he cannot seem to break free of the creature's grasp. The creature starts dragging him into the water...
    With it's remaining three clawed arms it swings at more people on deck. One of them swings right at Astrus, dragging it's hook-like claw across his flesh((16 damage)).
    Another swings at a crewman... unfortunately for the young boy the hook pierces right from his shoulder and out of his gut... the boy dies instantly. The creature then drags the body toward it's mouth and rips it from his claw to devour, making a terrible mess.
    The third flies toward Derham, but it seems it's luck has run out as the claw misses him by mere inches. It bellows again, and as before, it sprays it's horrible, warm mucus on board.

Derham's Turn.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-25 at 03:34 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60

Derham watches as the beast rips people open, and drags others down. He shifts his feat to a more steadfast stance, and begins to glow with a bright aura, his fists particularly glowing a pale red.
    "Wretched beast from places most foul, you have ended your last life, and will not be welcomed with open arms by your evil lords."
    He lunges forward, his fists blazing brighter than a torch
    BY THE RIGHTEOUS MIGHT OF ADAMUS, I STRIKE THEE DOWN!!! he screams out, leaping off the side of the ship and delivering a mighty blow to the creature's face

Spoiler
    Show

Initiates Nimbus of Light (for effect), then charges at the fiend, leaping off the ship and punching it in the face, using every effect he has on him, as well as Strike of Divine Power, Devil's Favor and Smite Evil

Attack: (1d20+33)[43]
    Damage: (3d6+6)[19] Fist (4d6)[10] Fell the Greatest Foe (3d6)[13] Divine Sacrifice (18d6+7)[70] Stance/Maneuver (half fire, half holy) +1 for sanctify weapon (1d4)[4] if it's undead or an evil subtype outsider, +15 Smite
    Must also make a Will save DC 25 or be paralyzed for 7 rounds, and a Fort save DC 14 or take 1d6 dex (2d6 dex secondary)
    Spoiler
    Show