New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 2

Derham pulls himself up with the ropes, letting them go and rubbing his raw, red hands together.

"I would second that statement
    ...with less foul language.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.
    Will: Wow, that's, 30,000gp. That's more than you can get with a wish spell
    Me: Yeah, it was more than I could ever wish for.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

The captain and some of the crew look around the ship to survey the damage. Many of them going into the sand to see the central point of damage. "Looks like we're stuck on land 'til we get The Ol' Woman gets some work done." The captain rubs his beard looking to be in thought. "Well, we don't got tha supplies ter repair 'er." The crewman calls back up, "S'posin' we go lookin' for some? Could find a place, and j'know how many abandoned placed around 'ere there are."
    "Aye! There ought to be, least there is fer some folk brave enough." He eyes the group with a smile.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #123

"My, that seems very convenient for you. The one time you beach yourself on Shello is the one time you're harboring fiend-killing philanthropists" He says in a low voice, then looks directly up at the sky

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+10)[18]
    Spot check to see the wheels of fate.
    Spoiler
    Show

Me: When I started the adventure, my character was handed a bag full of 100 MW daggers.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Troll in the Playground

"'Appens more often then yah might think, actually..." The captain says scratching his chin.

Spoiler
    Show
    The wheels of fate look kinda like fog.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-12 at 08:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #125

"Well, nothing else to do but disembark, I suppose." the diabolical Nestarion says, shrugging his large shoulders. He leaps over the side of the boat landing in the water with a splash, then strides ashore.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

[Image removed - too large]
    Not as large as SOME.

Head Executioner for House Kato

6. - Top - End - #126
    Bugbear in the Playground

Taraliel climbed carefully onto the back of the bullthing. He nudged its sides, and it moved forward. As it did so, its hooves left the deck, rising up. It moved much more swiftly than something of its bulk should have been capable of, trotting on air.

Taraliel called out softly to the others. "I do-hope that... everyone is prepared to-run if it be...comes necessary. If we are... attacked, then go-swiftly, and they may not... give pursuit. If it is... who I am thinking, then-we may be dealing with... necromancers. Possibly servants... of their god." He shuddered. "But I may... be-wrong. Paranoid. It does... get to-you, when you-must hide."
    Last edited by Jack Mann; 2008-05-13 at 02:18 PM.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

Gale gently floats over board to ashore. "It's good to be on land again. Well, kind of." He meaningfully glances at his airborn legs and snickers. Soon he sobers, though, and lands properly, pulling the hood of his robes up. No need to attract undue attention from any possible prying eyes.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Troll in the Playground

A man in a blue robe climbs a rope down the side of the ship and onto the beach and lands on his hands and knees. "Erh..." He gets up, dusting himself off and he holds his staff at his side and walks over the group. "Heh, morning gent's. I been told by the captain to be your guide, reckon I'd do since I been here before."
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-15 at 02:44 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #129

"Odd, I've always imagined the guide to death to be more, intimidating" he smirked. He wasn't very good at humor, but he tried, and slapped the new guy on the back "Hopefully we won't be worrying about that, right?"
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #131

"Well met....." Nestarion says. He smiles, playfully. "May I ask the name of the man to whom I am entrusting my life?"
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, uh, yes..." He shakes the expression of shock from his face and holds his hand out to Nestarion, "Name's Arbin, Arbin Zenith." He grins, bright-eyed despite their location.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Gale laughs, rather at the guide's expression than at the joke itself. "Good to meet you. I am Gale Stormdancer. Now... Sorry to be so crass, but I have to ask. What exactly makes you qualified to be our guide? You have been here before, you say?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Astrus is going to have to be absent until later in the week, and Vega's a damn flake so let's just pretend their manikins are standing around you whenever they're appropriate for it. Go ahead and hand a hat off them if you want.

"Well, yes!" He taps his fingers on his book, "Not to mention I'm a somewhat accomplished arcanist..." He smiles. "Me an' the wife used to live here, back in the day."

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #135
    Bugbear in the Playground

"And what... made you-leave, Mr... Zenith? Be specific-now. What... weapons did-they-have? Spells? Monsters? Undead, now... Undead are common. Popu...lar. Were there-undead? Do you-know? Tell us... now, and it may be of-use." Taraliel looked down from his mount, up above the others. He fingered the silver half-skull he wore around his neck. His eye darted around, as though at phantoms in the mist.
    I am a poor man, some say I’m half crazy,
    son of the sword and the knife
    Lady I pledge you my sword and my honor,
    my heart and my pride and my life
    --Bella Doña, by Joe Bethancourt
    Spoiler
    Show

Alas, poor Draknir. By Mephibosheth

Owl-atar by KingGolem
    You will be missed, dear 'stache...

16. - Top - End - #136
    Troll in the Playground

"Well... I left here when the undead laid waste to the land..." He lowers his head and rubs the back of his neck. "Uh, left... alone." He looks back up with a phony smile, "But I am useful, I've got a few good spells to singe the dead flesh from their dead bones. Not t'mention a few beasts from beyond to summon. Even so, though, I just know a bit about the land... so... let's be off an' I can help you lot long the way."

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137

Derham nods
    "yes, we should leave"
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sylph waited a little before interacting with the man, his reasons for coming back were of greater importance to him than the more trivial questions which were currently being asked. Better to get them out of the way now, in order to facilitate his "quest". He knew only one thing about the things which had completely destroyed his family, the name by which they were called, as he hadn't felt it right to learn anything about them until he was ready, ready to destroy them, ready to retake all they'd taken from him. Ready for vengeance.

So he waited his turn, waited for him to answer the questions of the people who traveled with him on the boat. As they were kind enough people, Sylph didn't interupt, and was kindly patient. Although his body languaged was somewhat twitchy, his eyes moving from the person asking the question to the man who was answering them quite a bit, making him look quite a bit hurried. Especially his constant looks at the Wastes about him, the constant reminder of what he lost emanating from the very ground he walked on. It was terrible.

"Excuse me, but... Could you answer a question for me first?"

Sylph said, gathering up all his willpower in order to not explode into tears, or otherwise lose control. He failed slightly, and consequently rubbed his eyes quite a bit in order to hide a few small teardrops, three of which rolled down his face and landed on the ground with a small faint splash. He paused after asking, and looked down until he had completed regaining control over his emotions.

"I... don't expect much... but could you tell me what you know about the Cernin Guard? I'm going to kill them all after all."

There was no hesitation, no sense of humor, he was utterly calm when he said those words. Completely assured in the truth of that statement. It mattered to him, their death and destruction, and he would implement it as best he could.
    Special Thanks to Kopaka for the wonderful Avatar!

Spoiler
    Show
    "I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
    I took the one less traveled by,
    and that has made all the difference."

--- Robert Lee Frost

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

"Cernin Guard...? Oh, oh yes..." He taps his chin and looks up at the sky(or more accurately, at nothing) and speaks up in a kind of mumbled voice. "The official army of the territory of Cernin... on Arcnus Mortis. Lead by the emperor of Cernin, Vlaadios D'Skuur... Uh... Like to go into Shello and the coast of Tanzen to... um, kill." He looks back down and at Sylph.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sylph's eyes smiled a little bit, and he let out a hard dry laugh, filling the air with his rich tenor. After a few moments he stopped, gathering himself together again, enjoying the fact that his opponents were powerful, strong, dangerous, and probably outnumbered him quite a bit. It would be a challenge, and challenges were always worth it in the end. Especially since he'd be avenging the murder of his entire clan, his entire town, in essence, the murdering of his entire life that could have been. He had no real relatives, no true family to call his own. Not that he was aware of at least.

"Good to know. Means that when I destroy them they'll have lost something. Their empire, their power, their very existence. Pain that I've felt will be revisited upon them tenfold."

And with that he quieted. He had no need to say anything else, although every few minutes he'd start laughing again, as though partially insane, laughing at the idea of what lay before him. Relishing it, enjoying it, wanting it. Not because he was insane, but because finally he had an image to associate with the name of the beasts which murdered his family. He would have stayed quiet, not feeling the need to say anything else had he not realized that he didn't know anything about where to find these Cernin Guard were.

"Er... sorry to bother you again but, is there any chance to happen to know a good way to get to the Cernin Guard? I believe they're owed something by me, and I just realized I have no means to reach them."

Spoiler
    Show

--- Robert Lee Frost

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

He looks back after attempting to be off on the quest, "Uh, well. Um, you'd have to kill Vlaadios D'Skuur... and even then someone would just take his place. It's... not an easy task, even for the most powerful of us. Y'know? Now let's get going, we need to get supplies for the ship or we'll never get moving." He taps his staff on the ground and speaks a few words and makes gestures with his hand. Before him then stands a semi-translucent image of a chubby mare. "Come now, Stella. Good girl." He mounts it and he and his phantom steed are off on the road.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-20 at 02:33 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142

With only a shrug, not even a look back at the others, he chases after their guide.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143

Nestarion also hustles after the guide.

"You seem to be quite 'in the know' as it were about this land. Tell me, have you heard any stories or rumors..facts would be best of course...about devil worshippers?"

He grins at the guide. "I'm trying to set myself up as a god, you know. Finding followers on Tanzen was so hard to do."

He winks at the man, a gleam of mischeif in his eye.
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Arbin blinks and jerks his head up a little in shock as he looks over his shoulder, "You lots are stranger 'n the captain.

No 'ffence.
    "

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sylph followed behind the guide as well, his questions having been answered to his (relative) satisfaction. He was satisfied that he knew what the Cernin Guard were, and who he would have to defeat and kill. While on the other hand he wasn't particularly happy that it wouldn't be easy to track down and kill the monsters. There was of course the good reason why he wasn't particularly happy...

And that was because he was exceptionally happy. The desire to hunt down and murder and destroy the people who had destroyed his family and relatives was a driving force in Sylphs life, and having a more directed drive did no one any harm. Save, of course, the Cernin Guard. If Sylph ever came across any (which he eventually would) those buggers would have to deal with the wrath of a more-than-a-little crazed Magus, who had more explosively dangerous spells than most Magus' twice his power.

"So, guide, person on phantom steed-thing, whoever.

He paused to catch the guides attention again, assuming the man wasn't fed up with his perpetual questions, if he didn't catch the man's attention he'd merely ask again in a few seconds the same question.

"Where do you get supplies in the middle of a wasteland? And do you know if we'll meet any Cernin Guard along the way?"

Although the last was probably a bit of a stretch, a part of Sylph was dying (figuratively) to get in a fight with someone or something. Hopefully his increasing boredom would be appeased by a tussle or fight of some sort.

Spoiler
    Show

--- Robert Lee Frost

26. - Top - End - #146
    Troll in the Playground

He still looked over his shoulder after speaking to Nestarion. "Well, cap'n says there'll be abandoned town, and I know there'll be lots of 'em on Shello to take supplies from. An' I doubt we'll find any Cernin Guard 'long the way, they focus mostly on Tazen nowadays, now that Shello's all but cleaned up."

"Weird lot, aint they, Stella?"

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147

C-ocking an eyebrow, Nestarion says "All joking aside. Do you know of any rumors about those who worship Asmodeus and his ilk? My friends in the Benediction have summoned me to aid them in their opposition to the Baatorian's plans."
    Who is TheMeanDM?

Not as large as SOME.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Gale follows the others, keenly listening - and gliding just a few inches above the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    The exam week just started today, so that's my excuse. After this my summer vacation starts, so I'll have plenty of time then.
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2008-05-21 at 07:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"Not sure 'bout devil cults around this area. If there are any they'd be on the smaller islands. Most kinds of cults 'round these lands are... well... Elder God temples..." He looks a little uneven and a decade older when he says that, as if thinking of it puts a strain on him.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Astrus greets Arbin, and follows him and the group to their destination.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/