New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default The Root of all Evil

Times came and time left, and things are getting harder for evil lately.
    You jest heard that a nearby castle owned by some vampire lord has being taken down by paladins and celestials. and it now serves as their new powerhouse of the region.

Entering the meeting area you notice some sort of magical field, you seem to be able to pass it without any problems. once inside a robed men tells you it prevents scrying or entry attempts from the forces of good. relaxing to know its there, if its really what the man claims it to be

The meeting seems rather intense, people argue and even shoot spells and arrows at each other, you know better to be calm and play it cool. it apperas the meeting contains over a hundred, from demons to humans, some of them should not be able to stand out in the open. at one point the man who greeted you at the entrance rises up and speaks.
    "My brothers, time is short, the barrier will last only for a while, we have mere minutes before we must scatter. we all know the problems of late, even as we speek the holy alliance is working to fix the castle they jest banished me from. most of us had our homes shattered, being chased off our lands or hunted down like animals. and I say no more.
    There is a way to fix this. a lost relic known as "the root of all evil", its whereabouts are unknown to any who live or unlive, yet there must be clues. we must all search for it, find it, and use it to crush the alliance"
    A few quickly rose up to claim that trusting into old legends is foolish, and only a new weapon or spell or whatnot they invented will work. they all sound a bit too eager to be the answer to the alliance, foolish ones.
    The argument again heats up, but in the middle of it you suddenly hear a voice in your head, clearly as if someone is whispering in your ear, saying "You should stay after the meeting, the barrier will last longer then he thinks."
    You consider the voice's advice. there is not much to lose. and curiosity has conquered you by this point.

You remain as the so-called meeting scatter, after a few minutes you see that seven figures have stayed, all don't seem to hurry anywhere. the silence is strong as you wait to see who will raise his voice first.

The figures you see (including yourself) are a freaky looking changeling, three humans, the first is a female in celestial armor, the second is also a female but in witch robes, and the third is a male dressed as a librarian, some sort of demon, a half-elf in light armor, and a massive crimson-and-black drake.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The root of All evil

Shrike Mageslayer, NE Human Electrokineticist/Assassin (and more!)

One of those staying is a redheaded woman, a bounty hunter and tomb raider who, although not stunningly beautiful is more than a little attractive. Her hair hangs down to her shoulders, and she studies the others in the room through piercing greenish-brown eyes, eyeing the witch, especially, with barely disguised contempt. Although her celestial armour is designed for concealment, she prefers to wear it as outerwear - having taken it as a prize from a previous target, she likes showing it off.

She leans against the wall and crosses her arms, clearly not intending to be the first to speak...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2008-09-30 at 08:35 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Moriel

The witchy-looking woman throws back her hood, revealing someone you might expect to see on the side of good. Very young and beautiful with blonde hair, almost like a storybook princess. She smiles with even, white teeth, and blows a little kiss to the mage-slayer. Yet there is something... not quite sane in her almost white, pale blue eyes.
    Show me a hero, and I'll write you a tragedy.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

A 12 foot tall, hideous green figure stands there, twitching spasmodically. It has 3 symmetrical legs, gnarled green and black and covered with brown pustules, that end in elephantine stumps from which protrude 3 twisted black claws each. Above the legs it can be seen to be sexless, as it wears nothing, and has a crude semblance of a man's torso that has a shape as though it is carved out of wood, with black spines protruding erratically out the back. One single hand comes from its chest, thin, clawed and whithered, barely a foot long, but with a piercing red eye taking up the palm. Its head has a complete lack of sensory organs, and instead a thick tail protrudes from the face, completely taking it up. Occasionally, the figure rears up and howls, a long, peircing thing. It finally goes over to a chair and begins to sit down, somehow, and it seems sure to break it. As it does so, it reaches its hand up to what it has of a face and coughs politely, and in the blink of an eye it becomes a pretty half elf, who is not just more than a little attractive but stunningly beautiful. He has an extremely pretty, somewhat androgynous face, with ash colored hair and peircing black and green eyes. He wears a roguish grin, flashing perfect, long white teeth. His skin is a pale grayish color, matched by his clothes- a fine attire, though simple. Over this he wears a grey cloak that reaches his knees and covers his hands, not much can be seen but his face, and even that is obscure by a large, foppish pointed cloth cap he wears that obscures his eyes a bit. In fact, all his clothes arew foppish. He sighs, crosses his legs, and takes on a wistful manner, somehow managing this while still grinning.
    My, my, what a managerie I see before me. A handful of freaks and fools, all of them destined to die... hopefully by my hands. Gods, they look worse than the "heroes". They're in all probability just as stupid, and take the whole senseless violence thing to a whole new level. And then there's that drake... gods, I hate drakes and dragons and all of those stuck up lizard things. They're so self-reightious and stuffy... so touchy about being beaten. What sore losers. That gold I conned was the worst... oooohhh, just thinking about it amkes me cringe... ruined a perfectly good cape.
    Jaime goes on this internal tirade for about a second, not showing the least bit of change in his external demeanor.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll assume I'm the half elf in light armor. FYI, it's glamered.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-10-01 at 12:01 AM.
    Marceline Abadeer by Gnomish Wanderer

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

An eyebrow gets raised at the blown kiss, but beyond that the redhead doesn't respond to the obvious baiting.

The shapeshifting whatsit doesn't even get a second glance.
    She's seen weirder.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ensifer

An inhumanly tall figure leans against one of the darker walls, attempting to stay out of the way for the moment. The figure could well be an underfed scarecrow, wrapped in bandages wearing a dark gray robe over top of that. Only the slightest of movement show that breaths are being taken. Hands with only four digits that barely resemble fingers holds a sword to his side; holding it by the scabbard, as if he is more afraid someone will steal it from him rather than by the hilt, ready to draw it. The sword appears well crafted, with a large onyx on the pummel, set into the adamantine seemlessly.

The figure slowly peers around the room for whoever spoke into his head. I might have to return the favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Maledict

Mortals, one and all. He wished he could just scorch them all, right there and then. Burn them like the dross they were. The enormous, scaled creature shifted his stance. His physique was not unlike that of a bat - large, folded leather wings acting as a second pair of legs up front - but that was where the similarities ended. His face was that of a red dragon, and a prehensile tail flickered impatiently behind him, the tip laden with poison.

"So. Which one of you. People is the one who. Invited. Us to stay?" The drake bites off the ends of his words, as if insulted by having to speak common.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime catches the eye of the drake and makes a sly smile. He points to the man, saying in simple abyssal, "Human fellow in the librarian attaire."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Maledict turns to face the twisted creature. "Now, now. Is that so? I don't think so. How could you know who it was? I saw you before, among the others." The drake taps the end of his snout with the claw at the end of his wing, and blows a puff of smoke at him, evidently satisfied with himself. He has unconciously switched to abyssal as well.

Spoiler
    Show
    Jeah, he's a bit like that. The puff of smoke also works as an activator for his Frightful presence. Anyone with lesser than 10 HD, will save DC 17. I don't think this effects anyone, but it's what he would do.
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2008-10-01 at 12:46 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime smiles, giving a "trust me" look, then taps his right temple a few times in an ambiguous gesture.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maledict turns to face the twisted creature.
    Who you callin' twisted?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Moriel

Moriel smiles, batting her eyes at Maledict, "Now... why do you have to be so rude. Did I call you a person? No, but you have to be go and insult me." She shakes her head.
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Tavrin Callas

The grey-skinned humanoid figure of thin body and somewhat short stature sits in his seat with a small, unnerving smile upon his face. His attire looks like that of an aristocratic sorcerer at a funeral, with the exception of a rapier and a dagger both in his belt. He says nothing, but listens intently to the conversation, even though he's more or less just staring into space.
    Krimm, so I can track this thread by searching my name.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-10-01 at 02:35 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian watches the drake and half-elf as they argue, quickly adding "Weird, I though it was the changeling who asked us to stay."

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Moriel

Moriel looks around, "I assume we were all messaged... so does anyone care to step forward and let us know why they wanted us here, or shall we just disperse with the rest?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Maledict takes a good, long look at the changeling, and decides to shut up on this particular argument, snapping his jaws shut with a nasty sound. And try to figure it out in his head, since he's pretty certain he saw the man before too. And, though he might not admit it even to himself, he is slightly unnerved by the unwavering smile on his face.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Shrike

Well, I don't know who did it, but I would really like to know why.
    The red-headed woman yawns from her place leaning against the wall.
    I've better things to do than sit around here engaging in a staring contest, amusing though it might be. Places to go and people to kill, before the paladins get even more bad for business than they already are.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Another voice comes out, from an unseen source saying "I am the one who called you here. as for why, I believe Langinan the librarian was not completely honest in the meeting, now langinan, mind telling them the truth to this, elite group I have chosen?"
    The librarian seems shocked, quickly yelling out to see who spoke, but with no answer given he turns to you and says "I am quite ashamed. he never agreed to speak to me, and yet now he calls you all and orders me to tell you the truth."

He takes a seat on the floor and starts talking "The nearby castle that jest fell? I was the librarian around there. I also has quite a unique item in my possession, a map written by a long-dead archvillain named Sivian, the only ever to manage to escape the maze of the root. the map refuses to reveal to me, but considering what jest happened I think it will reveal itself to you. and I suspect the map leads to the maze."

He got up, mumbling a few words in a language you do not know, yet you can tell he is cursing and a few moments later he says "Problem is, the scroll is back in the castle, with the entire rest of magical item of dark arts I possessed. had to leave them behind in order to fool the paladins into thinking I was forced to work there so I could make my escape. I don't think they found the stash, but its hidden inside their control now. and getting it back won't be simple."

He leans on the wall, his face buried deep into his palm, mumbling something you cannot understand.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

"And you. Wish us to do what? Retrieve this... stash for you?" Maledict speaks to the air, peering about, almost disdainfully, his plate-sized red cat-eyes seeking for the source of the sound.
    Last edited by Adumbration; 2008-10-01 at 11:12 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

I'm presuming that you're going to say we should go fetch 'em for you, then? Arcanists are more my slaying style, but I wouldn't mind taking out a few of those goody-goody killjoys...
    Shrike grins at the prospect of some slayage.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian smiles and says "That's about it, get me the stash and I'll tell you how to activate the scroll. but after that i truly hope we shall never meet again, I am not in your league and such meeting would probably be fatal to me."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ensifer

The figure looks quizzically at the redhead for a moment for her casual remark.
    "What information have you of those that took the castle?" he asks the librarian. An odd harmonic raises his whisper to a level that can be easily understood despite apparently coming from a head completely wrapped in bandages.
    Quote Originally Posted by starwoof View Post
    Your manly chin makes Jay Leno weep.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Moriel

Moriel smiles at the librarian, "Too bad I didn't take that spell to let me learn what you know by eating your brain... it would probably speed things up. Tell us then everything you can about this map and the forces currently guarding it. Oh, and what else is in this stash..."
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Jaime sighs, shakes his head, and looks at the librarian, saying in a jolly tone, "You do know that these brutes will just kill you the instant you tell them how to puzzle out the map. Probably for your "stash", but is seems some might just do it out of spite." He walks over to him and says in a low tone, but just high enough for everyone in the room to hear, "Although, if you call the deal off, they'll stil kill you. Either way, you're probably not going to make it out of here alive."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Jaime is not doing this to help the ibrarian, but to throw a monkey wrech in there. Just clearing that up.
    Last edited by Gorgondantess; 2008-10-01 at 05:04 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

The changeling finally speaks, in a tone that seems to pierce any argument like a keen knife. "Yes. Yes, I will go find this 'stash' for you, I only hope though, that I will be rewarded richly, and I will receive assistance from whomever might lend it." He doesn't look at anyone in particular as he speaks, he simply stares off into space as he balances his dagger by the tip of the blade on the end of a finger.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Noticing the mummy-man's look, Shrike's eyebrow starts climbing again before she returns her attention to the debate.
    What the rest of you do or don't do to our prospective employer is up to you. Me, I just want to get in, get out with the goods, and live to enjoy the reward - which, I agree, had better be hefty...

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian smiles and says "I'll jest have to set up my own preperations to make sure I can escape then do I?"

He sighs, clearly unhappy and says "The castle was taken by a small army that consists mainly medium-ranked paladins, although a few high-ranked and half a dozen hound archons were also there. my prime concern is a gold dragon that helped them, he was about as big as this one" he points at Maledict and keeps on "As for the stash, its nothing much, a few black onyxes, a sacrificial knife, my familiar, and a badass looking robe. besides the scroll that you get to keep for yourself, I cannot use it anyway."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Root of all Evil

Moriel

The young girl chuckles, "I understand the importance of looking badass... now, what was that again about what we get to keep if we go in there and face the paladins you fear so?"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian says "I'll tell you how to activate the map, I know HOW to do it, jest can't pull it off. the map will lead you to the root, or at least give you a clue where it is. what more can you want then the keys to ultimate power?"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Moriel

Moriel laughs, "Do you actually imagine I'm negotiating with you? You keep saying what you'll tell us... but never get around to the actual telling. Please... start... now!"
    - F. Scott Fitzgerald

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The librarian laughs and says "Or what? face the fact you NEED me, so you cannot hurt me no matter how much you want to. and you need to get your hands on that map first anyway."