New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

"ARGH!" Jerro prepares for another series of attacks while mumbling to himself "concentrate..."

Spoiler
    Show
    Same pattern as before.

Feints
    1. (1d20+17)[24]
    2. (1d20+17)[22]
    3. (1d20+17)[19]

Attacks:
    1. (1d20+21)[33]
    2. (1d20+21)[38]
    3. (1d20+16)[19]

Damage:
    1. (1d4+15)[19]
    2. (1d4+15)[18]
    3. (1d4+15)[18]

Sneak attack:
    1. (5d6)[18]
    2. (5d6)[18]
    3. (5d6)[19]

And as a little bonus i initiate the burning blade Boost:
    Fire damage:
    1. (1d6+2)[7]
    2. (1d6+2)[6]
    3. (1d6+2)[4]

And if i roll only one more natural 1 i'm going to scream.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh. Oh oh oh, this is not good at all. We may have to make a very fast exit..." Requiem mutters, as she frantically turns the wheel, trying to at least stabilize the ship before it crashlands. Almost absentmindedly, she waves her hand at the slain bird-thing, and it stands up, moving like a puppet on invisible strings. "Exterminate!" she commands her new zombie thrall.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Profession (Sailor) check to make things less crashy:
    (1d20+4)[22]

Manifesting an augmented animate to revive the bird-thing as a zombie. Requiem will command it to attack the nearest bird-thing, making a full attack if possible.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf, Sacred Fist of Aeomon's Order of the Gentle Fist, did not panic; he barely registered that the ship had jolted. Then, the elemental appeared, which caught the Fist's attention... and then, the ship began to drop, and Garulf truly began to worry.

"Aasiphan, Melbion! We MUST clear this ship of these creatures, or the elemental will not return to its place carrying this vessel! Fate brings our paths across the paths of these creatures, and now, we must sever their threads! We cannot risk the airship crashing into the villagers!"

Even as Garulf shouted above the din, his hands burst into white hot flames, the Fist's eyes burning with the same holy fire.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf is invoking Sacred Flames, the angels will be just attacking everything they can... again...

Aasiphan -
    Attack 1: (1d20+21)[31]
    Crit: (1d20+21)[39]
    Attack 2: (1d20+16)[29]
    Crit: (1d20+16)[31]
    Attack 3: (1d20+11)[13]
    Crit: (1d20+11)[12]

Damage 1: (2d8+9)[18]
    Damage 2: (2d8+9)[19]
    Damage 3: (2d8+9)[24]

Melbion -

Attack 1: (1d20+21)[36]
    Crit: (1d20+21)[23]
    Attack 2: (1d20+16)[26]
    Crit: (1d20+16)[18]
    Attack 3: (1d20+11)[30]
    Crit: (1d20+11)[20]

Damage 1: (2d8+9)[12]
    Damage 2: (2d8+9)[23]
    Damage 3: (2d8+9)[22]
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

4. - Top - End - #304
    Troll in the Playground

The four warriors and the elemental continue their flurry of attacks in the mess of chaotic birds, dark blood spills all over the deck making it even harder to keep a footing on. Aasiphan manages to escape being bitten and clawed, but Melbion takes a vicious clawing to the arm.((13 damage, any DR not included)) Garulf bleeds as aberrant teeth sink into his shoulder((13 damage, any DR not included)). Jerro cuts a bird down with one of his strikes, and most everyone's attacks at least hits one of the birds and splatters more blood.
    Requiem does her best to stabilize the ship, pulling back hard to make the bottom of the ship pointed at the ground instead of it's bow.

Those on the ground suddenly see the black ship puncture the grey mist in front of them about 100 yards ahead, a terrible creaking rings through the air as if the ship is harming space itself. Birds are seem flocking upwards off the ship as they flee the deck of the ship and after a few sickening moments... the bottom of the black ship slams into the ground hard, black wood and iron fly out in all directions, all but missing the crowd.

Everyone on board the ship incapable of flight or who doesn't choose to take flight right away takes a forceful brunt of the crashing of the ship. ((36 damage)) Luckily, no one was right below the ship as it crashed.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh damn. Guess it wouldn't have mattered...
    Matteo breaks into a run, loping towards the crashed airship. He runs full speed, slipping his wand into his hand.
    Is anyone hurt? Who needs help?
    The Bear is Back.

6. - Top - End - #306
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Umm... ouch. Any chance at all that when the birds broke away and we saw the ground rushing up at us, Aasiphan and Melbion could have grabbed Garulf and Requiem

7. - Top - End - #307
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Umm... ouch. Any chance at all that when the birds broke away and we saw the ground rushing up at us, Aasiphan and Melbion could have grabbed Garulf and Requiem
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ummm... make Reflex saves for both of them, and who each one is attempting to snatch.

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Whichever angel succeeds his Reflex against the unknown DC (assuming only one succeeds) will snatch Requiem; Garulf's a big boy, and can handle a rocky landing if only one angel is available.

Aasiphan: (1d20+12)[28]
    Melbion: (1d20+12)[15]

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

Aasiphan manages to grab Requiem right before the ship crashes, and due to being partially air-born but still inside, they both take a minimal amount of damage.((only 12))

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf, groaning, hauls himself from the wreckage, calling out to Aasiphan and Melbion.

"Friends, are you alright?" As his eyesight refocused, he saw that the angels were already hard at work healing themselves and those who were on the airship; the Fist immediately busied himself doing the same...

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf's going to basically cast Cure spells until everyone is healed; he's out of his good buffs now anyhow :p. The angels will expend Cure Light Wounds uses on themselves.

This all sounds terribly lazy, but it's because I'm in a hurry to get ready for work. If Krimm wants to roll a bunch of healing dice for us, then things will move along, if not, I'll do the crunch part tonight. Sorry

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro takes wing quickly and lifts off the airship's deck, his eyes fixed on the swarm of birds. Once the ship has come to rest he drops on the deck again.

"I am alright. How is everyone else?"

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Kasang

Kasang Looked towards the fallen ship. He shot a look into the sky and muttered under his breath.
    "Hell"

Drawing his sword and activating it's magic Kasang rode towards the ship. Keeping an eye out for pottential threats. He was sure that there were those better able to deal with the injured then He, However he was worried their might be some other threat. Kasang dismounted and attempted to make his way onto the ship.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

"Augh...I can't feel my arm..." Requiem moans, before realizing the limb in question hadn't been there from the beginning. "Thank you, angel. It seems everyone survived, no?" Requiem calls her zombie-bird to her, and inspects it for damage. It seems to have flown away once the ship crashed, sparing it from any harm.

The psiforged begins rubbing dust and dirt over her new undead, trying to mask its lifelessness. "Helpfully this should do." she mutters, looking over her work thoughtfully.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Disguise
    [roll]1d20+12[/roll]

Edit
    Um. Seems the roll tags didn't work, for no reason I can think of. Oh well. Rolled it on invisible castle instead, got a 26.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-07-25 at 08:09 AM.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, sorry for the delay, here's the healing post! Here is also a damage audit for Garulf and the angels.

Garulf: 65 damage
    Aasiphan: 25 damage
    Melbion: 16 damage

I didn't take DR into effect for that final bit of falling damage for the angels; I'm not sure if DR would apply or not, but it's unimportant.

Aasiphan and Melbion, though wounded, found themselves better off than their mortal wards; their natural graces as angelic beings had protected them well. Garulf however, immediately sank into sympathy, and strode to each in turn.

"Friends, your wounds are born because of me... Permit me, a servant, to unmake them." The angels looked to each other and nodded somberly, though Aasiphan, always the gentle voice of the two, spoke.

"The Gentle Lord sent us to aid and protect you Garulf, and we came willingly, glad to serve. You need not be saddened; it is the price of the task we chose to accept." With that, the Fist murmured softly, speaking in the angel's tongue, mending the wounds of the angels. When he finishes, he turns to Requiem, gently placing a hand upon the warforged... he did not know if Aeomon would permit the grace of health to Requiem, but he would try.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf will be expending his prepared Cure Critical Wounds, as well as his prepared Slay Living (converted into another Critical Wounds) for each angel.
    Aasiphan is healed for: (4d8+11)[34]
    Melbion is healed for: (4d8+11)[33]

He'll also be converting Tongues into a Cure Critical Wounds for Requiem; I'm assuming that, since we found her amongst the dead, barely alive, and since she just took 12 damage, that she's actually pretty badly wounded. Actual status is irrelevant; it's what my character would think, and thus, what he would do.
    Requiem is healed for: (4d8+11)[33]

...and yes, I know Garulf is at 20 HP... and I know that I could just Mass Cure Serious Wounds. It's a character thing.

That done, the Fist looked about.

"Jerro, do you need healing? You amongst us has seen perhaps the most fighting with those creatures," the Fist paused in mid-sentence, looking about with increasing worry.

"...and where is Kussij?"

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

"Thank you, I do require healing, though until the last battle I managed to go unwounded.", Jerro says indicating the wounds over his bare chest.

Spoiler
    Show
    I took 32 damage
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-07-26 at 07:22 AM.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf nodded, worry still etched across his usually calm face, and murmuring, he channeled more of Aeomon's grace, the wounds on Jerro's chest fading rapidly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf will cast Cure Serious Wounds... which is his domain spell... bloody healing domain... OH, speaking of Healing domain, I forgot to add my +1 CL from said domain for all my Cure spells in my last post; everyone I healed heals an extra 1 HP.

Jerro heals: (3d8+12)[25]

If necessary, Garulf will convert a use of Deific Vengeance to a Cure Moderate Wounds, healing Jerro for a further (2d8+10)[15].

When Garulf finished, he exhaled slowly; his wounds, mostly bodily shock from various high altitude crashes, had begun to creep to his mind. The Fist tried to banish his discomfort, but the angels, empathetic beings as they are, noticed, and Aasiphan spoke, berating the Fist for his behavior.

"Garulf, you are forcing yourself too far. Though your sacrifice is noble, and holy, you are no good to these people dead, or exhausted!" The stern faced angel's expression melted to one of compassion, and silently, Aasiphan laid a hand on Garulf's head, channeling Aeomon's holy will into the Fist.

"Thank you, my friend and lord. Let us search the wreckage for Kussij."

Spoiler
    Show
    Aasiphan is casting Heal on Garulf, nuking the damage away. Garulf and the angels, at the least, are going to be looking for our shifter buddy.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah, thank you." Requiem beams as Garulf's spell heals her "I'd expected I wouldn't be able to be repaired properly without an artificer, but your healing seems most effective." Not wanting to offend the healer, she goes to the other side of her zombie servant, and touches a tattoo etched on her frame in an inky suspension of crystals, using the stored psionic power to more thoroughly repair herself.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Using a tattoo of psionic repair damage.

Healing:
    (3d8+3)[19]
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-07-26 at 12:36 PM.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to take a moment to make the following skill checks:

Knowledge (Religion): (1d20+14)[21]
    Heal: (1d20+24)[25]
    Sense Motive: (1d20+6)[18]

Knowledge (Religion), if necessary, is to determine if Garulf himself knows what Aeomon's feelings actually ARE on warforged, in the realm of whether or not they're truly alive, if they have souls to pass on, etc.

Heal check is to see if Garulf notices whether or not his CCW on Requiem is actually as effective as it was supposed to be (it healed 17 damage, Garulf rolled to heal 34, could he maybe tell based on how much magic it felt like he was channeling or perhaps just using a trained healer's eye?). This check can also be probably ignored.

Sense Motive is for me, basically just Garulf feeling out Requiem's words and actions. Nothing to be concerned with.

EDIT: WHY DICE, why do you always give me a nat one?! WHY?! *lamentations, wailing, gnashing of teeth*
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-07-26 at 02:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dak Sohen recoils back as the large black airship plummets into the earth. As his new companions begin to run off in the distance, he looks at his bear friend. Shaking his head, as he puts his cloak, and neck gaiter back up and unsheathes his swords running into the distance. His bear companion following him.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll ask one more time- does anyone require my assistance?
    Matteo rolls his wand across his palm.
    And also, we must move on quickly. Make a new plan.
    The Bear is Back.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Troll in the Playground

Default Requiem

"A new plan? I must ask what the old one was, seeing as I only caught the tail end of it. Where were you trying to go with that airship? I believe that between our angelic companions and my little pet here," Requiem says, petting her newly acquired zombie, "That flying is still an option."

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well..." started Garulf as he continued to look for Kussij, "That's the problem, Requiem. We weren't trying to transport three people... we are trying to support an entire village worth of refugees... Is there any way for you to tell if the airship is repairable, or even at the least still functional?"

23. - Top - End - #323
    Troll in the Playground

"A whole village? I see, that's...a difficult undertaking. I must admit that I am not skilled at artifice, I doubt I could tell you more about the ship's state that your own eyes could. But given that the bound elemental escaped, and none of us can bind them, I doubt repairs would be possible, unless there's a dead shipwright up there."

24. - Top - End - #324
    Troll in the Playground

There's a sound of foot hitting wood and Kuusij walks along the deck of the ship, the normal fierce animal that laid behind his eyes is no longer there... There is fear there, a strained look to him. His feet seem covered in something strange... a nearly translucent, dark grey fluid. He holds his arms to keep himself from shaking.
    Moments later, Father Tassik gets onto the deck with his wolf mount and dismounts, running to Kuusij immediately, "Kuusij! What has happened to you?" He puts a hand on his shoulder.
    "Some... saaaa.... I-I-I cannn't..." Then the blood wolf grasps his head and begins yelling and thrashing around.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-01 at 03:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #325
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

"What be with tha' wolfie?" Dak said as he pointed with one of his swords to thrasing shifter. Something was apparently very wrong with the beastie.

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Uh, are there still birdies to be fought?
    Last edited by Troub; 2008-08-01 at 04:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf did not hesitate, a pained expression flashing across his face even as compassion and conviction flashed through his eyes. Fearing the worst, the Fist charged forward, launching himself into the air in the hopes that he would not be too late.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf will be charging, Power Attack for 1, using Leap Attack, and after all of that, choosing to deal subdual damage AND making a regular Stunning Fist attempt.

Jump check: (1d20+58)[78] (again, the final Jump result is in the DM's hands, as I do not know how much room is between myself and Kussij. The amount added to the check for movement speed is 36.)
    Attack roll: (1d20+21)[36]
    Crit Confirm: (1d20+21)[25]
    Damage: (2d8+12)[24] (if the Jump check succeeds, damage increases by 1)

Stunning Fist DC is 25... let's hope we can stop this before it gets out of hand.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem reaches out to the thrashing blood wolf with her mind, grasping him with telekinetic force, like a puppeteer controlling a marionette. She attempts to stop him from moving, holding him perfectly still. "Oh my. Anyone know what's wrong with him?

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Move action to gain psionic focus, taking 10 on the check for a total of 33.

Standard action to manifest control body, expending focus for greater psionic endowment. Fort DC 23 negates.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Troll in the Playground

Kuusij roars as Garulf batters him in a painful way, in his state unable to differentiate between pain and actual damage. He bares his teeth to him, but before he can sink his bone-sword into Garulf's flesh, his eyes widen and then go dull, but he still twitches slightly, trying to move and change his facial expression. Requiem realizes she has control over him
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-08 at 04:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorrow etched across his features as Garulf locked eyes with Kussij.

"I am sorry, friend, but I cannot permit another threat to these people in my presence. Forgive me." With that, the Fist focused his center, aiming a single strike at the shifter's temple, before lashing out with one hardened fist, whipcord muscles tensing and flexing as he strikes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Subdual coup de grace, Power Attacking for 5, Stunning Fist attempt (as unnecessary as it may well be), DC 25 Fort.

Attack: (1d20+17)[20]
    Crit: (1d20+17)[18]
    Damage: (2d8+14)[24]
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-08-09 at 12:48 PM.

30. - Top - End - #330
    Troll in the Playground

As Garulf's hit strikes the shifter hard and he falls over in a heap.

Spoiler
    Show