New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

Spoiler
    Show
    Why the hell would you hit him, if he was under control?

Dak Sohen slowly approached as he watched the man knock out the wolf man. He turns around looking at his bear.

"I guess that 'tis one way to do it... Remin' me not tah need healin'..."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm fairly certain Garulf had no idea he was under control. For all he knew it was just another weird symptom of what was happening to him.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    From Garulf's perspective, Kussij just showed up wobbling and acting strangely, with some kind of weird goop clinging to his feet/legs. Just today, Garulf has seen a farked up looking raven, fought aberrant bird things, and punched a hole in the knee of a aberrant spider thing that was over 200 feet tall... on top of seeing his first ever airship (I'm assuming they're uncommon contraptions?) and watching Kussij act like a rabid animal (I assume Garulf can easily identify common symptoms of rabies without a Heal check, if not, we'll settle on the fact that he's watched Kussij's behavior when he shifts and gets blood thirsty). All of that, piled onto the fact that he's been looking for Kussij, and now Kussij has appeared, and seems to be going berserk, with townsfolk around (whom Garulf has sworn to protect), leads me to believe that knocking Kussij out is a feasible solution, given that we need time to figure out what is going on.

That being said... if it's possible, I'd like a Heal check to see if Garulf can tell what happened to Kussij.

(1d20+24)[37]
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-08-10 at 08:52 AM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

4. - Top - End - #334
    Troll in the Playground

"That was rather unnecessary. He's harmless now. I've got him all strung up like a zombie. Err, puppet. Strung up like a puppet." Requiem waves a hand to demonstrate, and the unconscious body stands up under the warforged's telekinetic control. "Anyone know how to fix him? Or we could just kill him, and then I could reanimate him..." she muses, not entirely considering the full implications of that plan.
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This takes place after I get a ruling on Garulf's Heal check.

Garulf's head snapped around, hot anger flashing in his eyes.

"Do not speak so lightly of your willingness to affront The Gentle Lord. It is my duty to stand against the undead abominations, as well as the monstrosities that create them without thought to what they do."

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem backs away, somewhat shaken. "Mind you, mine aren't proper undead. I can just control the dead with telekinesis, like this man here - just like puppets, save the strings are negative energy. No evil magic involved." She holds up both hands, warding away the angry cleric. "And I will have you know I put a great deal of thought into what they do, I'm psychic."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf nodded once, giving the psiforged one final look before...

Spoiler
    Show
    ...annnnd now I wait for the DM/

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo bears his teeth and nearly jumps at the priest, before seeing that Kuusij has only been knocked out. Still angered, he watches the man carefully.
    So now that the useless violence is finished, let us think of something. Quickly.
    The Bear is Back.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Ogre in the Playground

"Regretful, yes, useless... perhaps. I am not as yet aware of the extent of Requiem's abilities; to my eyes, I saw only a friend turning into a danger to the people," as Garulf spoke, sorrow sinks into his words, "I only pray that, if we can help him, Kussij will forgive me for my hasty actions."

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dak Sohen slowly approaches the group, well aware that most of them aren't familiar with him yet. Not really caring to much to linger on it. He looks at the dwarven man.

"If need 'ta be carried, my friend over there can be to yer assistance." He says as he points over to the large bear, standing on its hind legs over-looking the situation.
    Last edited by Troub; 2008-08-14 at 01:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Tassik looks at Kuusij and all over the damaged ship. "...This ship can bring these people to safety. It needs to be repaired, we can bring these good people to Tanzen..." He kneels down to Kuusij and looks over at the crowd of people nearby and whistles loudly, two of the city guard come over. "Put kuusij in a carriage, he needs treatment. Find a priest to aid him." Both guards pick him up and begin to carry him to one.
    Father Tassik looks at the group, "I need to stay here and look after these people, as well as Kuusij. I need the rest of you to venture deeper into the mist and find supplies... I know there is an abandoned city nearby, it will have supplies." He looks down, but soon looks back up with slight sadness in his eyes, "Though it brings me sadness to ask you this, I will not force you to go, only if you so wish."

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm hoping this counts as a little love for group 3.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-15 at 07:09 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah. Retrieving supplies from an abandoned city in the mists. Excellent!" says Requiem, clapping gently. "By the way, if I leave, the telepathic restraints on this Kuusij are going to wear off pretty fast. You might all die. So you should probably restrain him."

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Tassik nods at Requiem, "We're fully capable of dealing with those who have gone mad before."

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

"But are you?" Requiem asks, with a note of true concern. "You're right near the mists. He might start bleeding tiny ghoul-spiders out of his eyes, or turn into some protoplasmic mass of mouths and eyes and skittering legs, or his teeth could come alive and rip themselves out of his mouth and eat your eyes!" she says, her mechanical imagination toiling feverishly.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

"Enough," Garulf stated firmly, "These people trust in us. We will need to trust in them as well. Father Tassik, you know that you need only ask, and I will do whatever I must to aid these people," the angels stepped forward, interrupting the Fist's sentence.

"Melbion and I will stand beside you, Garulf. Your burden is ours to carry with you." Melbion nodded, saying nothing. The Fist turned to Aasiphan.

"I do not wish to burden our Lord with askance... but do you think that, were I to ask, the Gentle Lord would send more of his servants to watch over these people in our absence?" Aasiphan pondered the thought somberly.

"All things have their price, Garulf. Are you prepared to pay it?"

"With my life, if need be." was Garulf's only reply.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

The man from before meets the group on the deck of the crashed ship. "I will go along with the rest of you! Surely you will need my fighting skill and great cunning!" He draws his rapier and points it forward with a dashing smile on his face.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

"We will not depart until we have had time to rest. Given some time, I can ask Aeomon for a third servant, whom I will ask to protect these people in our absence. I will also be able to ask for Aeomon's guidance, and thus be able to find our destination unerringly," the Fist trailed off, peering into the mists, "Though, I fear what may become of us if these mists serve to foil even such magic." Garulf turned a weary eye on the dashing and energetic young man.

"I... think you should re-consider, friend... these people will need able bodied protectors, and you do not know what will befall us in these damnable mists. Do not rebuke me for my words... just re-consider." The Fist's eyes shone with sorrow; he did not wish for any others to die under his care.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Troll in the Playground

"Rest is good, much good for bleeding-men, but I cannot sleep and dream and heal. We should take a stay of night, but I am-" Requiem averts her gaze slightly upward, and performs a bit of math. "-halfway to dying, and in need of repairs. Fixing, mending, diffusing essence vents, calibrating matrices, all things of that matter. Is there any one here capable of such? I could do some simple work on my own workings while you sleep, but there is little that can be achieved by hand alone."

19. - Top - End - #349
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I have much experience in the mist there..." Dak said as he strolled up along the dwarf. Tapping on the hilt of his swords in a rhythmical pattern. Behind him stood up his giant bear.

"Oh, and I have bear. I can leave him here to defend the villagers if you wish..."

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, okay, wait a second, I think I know what's going on here now. Uh, hate to break it to you mate, but an excerpt from Garulf's character profile follows (assuming that you've been addressing Garulf as "the dwarf"; if I'm mistaken, then please, forgive me and ignore all of this).

"Appearance: Garulf stands taller than most at six feet and three inches tall; his build, as such, seems almost too thin to have any considerable strength. However, Garulf’s training has left his muscles hard and whipcord-like. His head is clean shaven, though he wears sideburns that trail down into a long, thick beard, that is perpetually braided. His eyes are emerald green, and his beard is fiery red. He wears simple traveler’s clothes, composed of a hooded cloak, vest, trousers, and leather boots, of which all Garulf’s clothing is bleached white save his boots, which are black. His trousers are held tightly in place by a simple belt of rope. Slung over one shoulder is a satchel crafted specially to keep it’s contents dry and safe, as well as to keep its contents readily at hand. Hanging around Garulf’s neck is a simple leather strap, bearing a small, mithral fist. His holy symbol hangs loosely from Garulf’s belt."

Garulf smiled gratefully.

"The aid of your companion would surely be greatly appreciated... if these people could get over the fact that it happens to be a rather large bear," the Fist shook his head, still smiling, "No, perhaps it will be best to bring your friend with us. I will beseech Aeomon for an additional ally, and Melbion will remain with the villagers as well." The deva began to protest, but the other celestial silenced him with a hand on his shoulder and a stern shake of his head.

"Garulf, reconsider. Melbion's heart burns with the fires of action. He-"

"Then let him temper his resolve in them, and quench it with patience," the Fist replied, his expression taking a turn, "He is fierce in battle, and noble, it is true... but I fear I may need your level head, Aasiphan, whilst I fear what may happen if I do not leave Melbion with these people," Garulf turned to Father Tassik.

"I am weary, but I am able. If there is anything I can do to help Kussij, then take me to him, please."

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Father Tassik walks over to Requiem and smiles. "I know that the warforged do not heal quite as fully with magic meant for those of flesh and bone, but I know a greater spell that will still have great effect." He puts a hand on her shoulder and chants a few words, her hand glowing white as her livewood core begins to fuse back together and heal, though her armored carapace is still in need of repair. "Perhaps if you are staying to rest for but the night, I can gather as many craftsmen to repair you, granted they are willing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Tassik healed Requiem 75 damage.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem sighs in pleasure as the positive energy pulses through her, mending warped steel, renewing snapped cords, realigning the flow of essence through her. She turns to Garulf, again addressing him ironically. "Little priest, should we not bring as many able-fleshed with us as we can? The mists are vicious, and I would suspect that we might all die, or be eaten from the inside-out by little spiders, or start burning and never stop till we are little tiny cinders. The more of us there are, the better the chances they can come back with supplies before they turn in spiders."

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Oops, sorry 'bout that Garulf. Sounds like a dwarf name...

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

"You stop saying things like that, you stinkin' tin can. I've been in this Mist for times longer then I care to remember. Never once has any of what you describe ever happened." His finger pointing hard at the construct. Stupid beasts, he hated them so.

"If you say one more word trying to scare anyone, I swear I will pull you apart piece by piece, melt you down, and make you into a dinner set." He said spitting at the constructs feet before placing his hands on the top of the hilt of his swords.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

"You would not be able to pull me apart." Requiem says, unperturbed. "It is very difficult to perform complicated metallurgy or blacksmithing while insane. It is certainly possible, but I strongly doubt you would be capable of creating a set of cutlery from my remains." she says, matter of factly.

"Besides, all of that happens. See this arm?" She holds up her left arm, which is made not of metal and wood, but of what seems to be a solid, flowing shadow. "It used to be a normal arm. And then it turned into spiders and they were crawling all over me and on fire and covered in eyes, staring and staring and staring. The Mists are not a safe place."

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to get the squabbling done with, but after that let's say we all sleep(with the exception of those incapable of it). After that I can finally stop winging it out in the middle of nowhere and get the plot moving.

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

"More likely she went insane and ripped it off..." He muttered to his bear. It has happened before, he has seen it. Hallucinations caused by being constantly in the mist. It drove people to do insane things. He has seen people do horrible things while under the insanity.

"Either way mates, I suggest we be getting some rest before we set out."

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo nods.
    Atleast we will be well rested for whatever comes.
    The Bear is Back.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Jerro sits on the edge of the roof of the ship's cabin. "Maybe it would be safest to sleep in the ship, where there's cover." The elven creature grins wide, "I can help keep watch."

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

"Sound advice, friend, but perhaps it would be better to usher as many of the weak villagers into the ship as we can house safely. Surely this will make a suitable point of return when we venture out on the morrow." With that, Garulf set about to settling down for a night's rest, the angels standing silent watch nearby.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell list will change, sheet will be edited tonight when I'm home from work.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem directs her zombie steed to kneel, and perches on its back to keep a watch while the rest sleep. She retrieves a set of intricately made tools, spindly metallic probes and blades, and begins to examine herself. She pulls away her plating to reveal a crystalline grid beneath, and sets to work realigning the damaged sections of her crystalline circuitry.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Making a Craft check to heal myself hp equal to the check -15.

Craft (Gemcutting)
    (1d20+12)[18]