New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's just say with the combined efforts of the common folk and Father Tassik, you're healed to full. Everyone is.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-08-27 at 11:39 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #362
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    My spell list has changed, and I'm guessing you won't be letting me see Kussij to try and help, sooooo Garulf is doing as has been posted. Where IS everyone?
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

3. - Top - End - #363
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the sake of the game, let's agree you all got up and all got moving. Kuusij is in a coma and you can't seem to get him out of it, but he's not walking around acting unstable or anything. The only thing you can hope to do now is go find supplies to fix the ship and get these people to safety.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

When Garulf awoke, he joined Brother Horace, Aasiphan, and Melbion for prayer to Aeomon. The Fist permitted the older priest to lead the rite, not taking over until Brother Horace had given him a nod. Garulf stepped forward, garbed in his priest's robes, prayer beads clinking softly as he cycled through them slowly in one hand, censer of myrrh echoing the clinking as it swayed gently back and forth. The Fist spoke in the angel's tongue, uttering thanks for Aeomon's graces as he had given, before apologizing for the grace he had yet to ask for. His words rung solemnly, echoing both regret and... hope? Finishing his first prayer, Garulf began his second, entering into the chant he had used the day prior, voice starting low and somber, and swelling to a great cry to the heavens. A wind rose once again, whipping the cloaks and robes of those gathered in its passing... a great flash of light blinded all present for all but a second...

Garulf knelt before whomever Aeomon had chosen to send, head lowered and wreathed in incense. Aasiphan and Melbion stood proudly, heads held high, whilst Brother Horace mimicked the Fist's posture.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another astral deva works, but whatever celestial being summonable via Planar Ally is also fine; Garulf isn't asking for specific beings, only for whatever aid Aeomon can send for these people.

5. - Top - End - #365
    Troll in the Playground

"All awake now, no one dead!" Requiem cheers, quite relieved by the lack of overnight attacks. She puts away her gemcutting tools, and begins rousing the rest of her new companions, gently stroking their faces with her shadowstuff arm. "Come along now, we must awake and go into the mists now. No more dreamtime..."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

6. - Top - End - #366
    Troll in the Playground

The circle Garulf draws glows a greater golden white than when summoning Aasiphan and Melbion. When the light dies down, there before you stands a creature of the same stature as the two angels before him and carries the same holy reaper of Aeomon in both hands in front of him like a cane. His features aren't quite as soft, though. They appear more pale and dry, but with all the same grace as the other angels. It is obvious almost immediately, that this angel is instead alive, deathless.
    "Greetings fist of Aeomon. I am Yaraul, of the court of the White Reaper."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Lich Astral Deva and it's all yours to control. The only difference is the DR is 15/evil and bludgeoning and it doesn't really need the casting, it has the SLA's.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro who had been silently sitting by the sleeping crowd, in a dark shadow watching them most of the night, suddenly stirs after hours of motionlessness. First his wings flap behind his back then he takes off and lands in the midst of the awaking people.
    "We need all those of you who have any experiences with mechanics to gather any tools possible and prepare for repairing the Moonbeak.", he turns to his companions as well as the highest authorities from the former settlement:
    "If anyone of you knows anything about how to repair the ship, now is the time to tell. We need someone to organize this."
    Since sundown nobody had seen Jerro's characteristic grin. His face had taken an unsettlingly seriousa and cold expression and didn't change since.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yaraul, I beseech you... watch over these people in my absence. Aasiphan and I go into the mists with some of the others, in search of supplies for the people, as well as to repair this airship, that we might transport them quickly to safety in Tanzen," The deathless deva nodded slowly, but did not speak, "For this further boon, far more than one such as I could possibly deserve, I offer these," the Fist removed his gloves after handing the censer to Horace, who took it reverently, "They are enchanted, bringing greater strength to the limbs of those who wear them. I will do all I can without them, that you will protect these people as best you can, until I return."

"Your offer, though unnecessary, is accepted, Fist of Aeomon. Your father, the Bishop, would be filled with pride, seeing you give so much to those who have nothing to give in return." Yaroul donned the gloves, flexing his hands carefully. Garulf lifted his gaze at last, looking fully upon the angel's face.

"Your words are kind, Yaroul. Melbion will remain as well, under your guidance. I have pledged my life to these people, and it pains me to leave them... but I must, in hopes of saving them. Be wary! There are strange creatures in the mists. Melbion will bring you to Father Tassik, who is the leader of these people; though Melbion will answer to you, Father Tassik will know best how to employ you to aid his people. I must go now... I pray that I will return soon. Thank you, wise Yaroul, for answering my prayer." With that, Garulf turned and left, murmuring a brief blessing to Brother Horace as he did so, though he did not dare utter such a blessing for a holy being the likes of Melbion or Yaroul.

"The Gentle Lord has not shown me the time of your passing, Fist. I too, will pray for your swift return..."

He met up with Requiem, Jerro, and the ranger from the day before.

"When we are ready to depart, let me know. I will ask guidance of Aeomon, whom will show us the way we must go... with any luck, we will be able to reach our destination before I lose the grace of that knowledge."

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf will be giving Yaroul his Gloves of Strength +6 in exchange for his service (yay I can combine Divine Power with Righteous Might now!), before joining the rest of the party. When the party has determined we're ready to leave, Garulf will cast Find the Path... and hopefully, everyone will be able to keep up, because we'll only have a little over an hour to find this place.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: Can I assume everyone's moving out?

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: I think so

11. - Top - End - #371
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC: Yep, with the minor exception of Garulf casting Find the Path first, and then having everyone hustle.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Requiem, transform and roll out!
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

13. - Top - End - #373
    Troll in the Playground

Garulf finishes his spell and it feels as through the path is set before him perfectly, a path through the mist that looks lighter than the rest, almost. You walk through the mist as the ship and the townsfolk seem to fade from sight behind you.
    It isn't long before you feel like the only things that are left in this cold, cloying fog and every breath seems the the tiniest bit harder than the last. You see things in the mist... walking toward you. Creatures with thick torsos like a boar's on four long, spindly legs, including one where it's head should be. As you put up arms you realize they're entirely nonhostile, the only action one takes against you is to slow down and the front leg lifts up and a black tongue slides out and licks one of your legs, as if smelling you and just keeps moving.
    Every now and then you hear the flap of wings overhead and the rare guttural animal noise. As you move, they seem to become more frequent. Suddenly, you see something in the distance, two large city walls that disappear on either side in the mist, but where a gate must once have been, there is now a large empty gap, granting access to what appears to be a city. The path Garulf sees leads right through these gates.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ogre in the Playground

"Please tell me this is not where we were going...", Jerro crouches down rubbing his forehead.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem rides her zombified bird, coasting just ten feet above the ground. She rides it sidesaddle, though there is no apparent need for this. She ignores most of the group, instead stroking the feathers and rapidly decaying flesh of her servant, cooing and babbling to it.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ogre in the Playground

"I am sorry Jerro, but, that is indeed our destination, according to the wisdom of Aeomon. Have faith! We will find what we must in this place, if Father Tassik is correct about this place." Garulf strode forward, eyes gleaming with intent, Aasiphan walking at his side with measured paces.

Spoiler
    Show
    Can I get an estimate on how long it took us to get here?

17. - Top - End - #377
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro sighs: "Let me scout ahead to see what happened in there and if whatever destroyed it is still inside."

18. - Top - End - #378
    Troll in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    It took roughly 3 and a half hours.

As Jerro approaches the gates of the city, he notices that the walls are in an incredible state of decay, and it seems there used to be two large gates here, but they look like they were torn off and the remnants are decayed. A few feet inside, there is a broken sign on the ground. It reads in large brass script, Serrin Toth.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-09-14 at 03:53 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro flies around the nearby streets trying to find any signs of life, hostile or not.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

could've rolled:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Search (1d20+13)[21]
    Spot (1d20+10)[25]
    Listen (1d20+8)[28]

21. - Top - End - #381
    Troll in the Playground

The feyish elf tries penetrating the mist as he flies through it and over the village. Now and then he sees only the subtlest hints of movement... but they could easily be tricks of the eye in such concealing fog. As far as he can tell, however, there is no danger.

Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #382
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro returns to his companions landing on a protrusion in the broken wall.
    "There seems to be no threats near here. Let us advance carefully anyway."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is it just me or are there only 3 players left?

23. - Top - End - #383
    Troll in the Playground

Cautious and wary, Requiem eyes the mists from her zombified steed, a indigo aura forming around her eyes. She sees, not on the mundane level, but psychic auras, searching for any trace of life or unlife within the mists.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Manifesting aura sight, augmenting it with 8 power points to raise the range to 80 ft.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ogre in the Playground

"Excellent; perhaps we are blessed with safety this day," Garulf murmured, motioning for Aasiphan to follow him. Though the Fist's senses were not so keen as the angel's, both were straining to see or hear any sign of danger.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf and Aasiphan would like to be making active Listen and Spot checks; do I need to do multiple rolls, or do you want to handle them?

25. - Top - End - #385
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll handle any Spot or Listen checks from this point on for you.

Ominous, right?

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dude, I have a bard who just talked a ghost into letting him CSW it into the afterlife. When you've turned a *bard* into Egon... I dunno Krimm. Terrify me!

27. - Top - End - #387
    Troll in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry, your brain will shrivel up in terror and wet the inside of your head. It will NOT be comfortable.

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krimm_Blackleaf View Post
    OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Don't worry, your brain will shrivel up in terror and wet the inside of your head. It will NOT be comfortable.
    OOC: I'm still waiting, sir. Is Group 3 here deceased?

29. - Top - End - #389
    Troll in the Playground

OOC: I'll be damned if this thread is going down. I know you, Demented One and Threeshades are still in, but group 2 is dwindling some too, so I'm thinking after a little story here I'm going to merge groups 2 and 3.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Troll in the Playground

You walk through the gates of the city, the mist is particularly thick and cloying. It's quiet and tense, in fact this place seems far less decimated inside than out... though still fairly decimated.
    There's some rustling in a building... then someone walks out covered in rags and dry blood. He looks horrible beyond imagining, cracked skin, no hair, no ears even. He gets closer and it becomes obvious that he isn't even alive... an undead creature staggers toward you with green pinpoints of light for eyes and skin falling from bone and it speaks, "P-please... help me help me... They're... everywhere! I-I-I... Help me... help me please..." His voice is hushed and terrified.

Spoiler
    Show