New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

He still smiles, "Garulf, you are a wise and gentle man. There are many empty buildings that are safe to live within and would make a most excellent tribute to your god. I am afraid there are none near the tree, as the current residents have taken up a liking to living here... There are many homes near the Grey Boar if you so desire residence near a place where one might eat and sleep." He looks back to Kuusij, "Will you take these people to where they may wish to go?"
    The dark-haired shifter looks from Tassik to the group of people, "...Yes, I shall."
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

OOC: During this time Kasang's helped settle a few sick people and returned to Jerro and (Presumably) Vauth. Shall we move to the inn?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Duskblade View Post
    OOC: During this time Kasang's helped settle a few sick people and returned to Jerro and (Presumably) Vauth. Shall we move to the inn?
    DM Advice: Yes.

Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

"Noble Tassik, I am honored by the offer... I will set myself in motion as soon as possible, but still yet, seek me out when you may, for I have many questions."

That is the only response Garulf has for Tassik; the rest is as per the post above.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

5. - Top - End - #65
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Done

Kasang

Kasang deposits a few coins onto the bar. Drinks all round and a little something for us to eat if you wouldn't mind." He says to the barkeep.

A part of Kasang clamored to be off. Easy... He reminded himself. Impatience could get me killed. Allies could win the day. Turning to his companions he asked a question. "Out of interest. Were you born in Shello or did your travels take you here."

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course good Garulf, but I fear I have fallen prone to and urge I do not fall prone too very often." He smiles again, but this time showing more of his teeth. "I could use a bit of ale." With that, he and Kuusij begin heading to the Grey Boar, but not without everyone else.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

"Little, if anything, connects me with this land. I hail from Tanzen. I came to this land for the same reasons I came to this particular place.", Jerro takes a look at his drink.
    "Thank you for this. It's incredible how many people I have seen here already, who spend their life in this living hell when they would deserve so much better. It rarely happens at all that I meet people who would deserve better. I guess it's exactly and only the ones who decide themselves to live in places like this who deserve better.", he takes a sip, then grins "an vice versa."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

you must have missed my question about cure spells and living 'creatures'

oh well

"Ale?" Vauth says. "There's always time for ale, especially when someone else is buying."

He mounts up on his horse, and then leads his cart-pulling horse back into the depressing town. At least they have ale.

After securing his goods and horse with his chain and lock, Vauth accompanies the others into the tavern.

He dives into his ale as soon as the barmaid brings it, attacking it fiercely as if it were an opponent to be quickly dispatched.

In a few seconds, he's drained the tankard dry. He raises his hand into the air, catching the waitresses attention. He extends a finger upwards, then twirls it around in the universal signal for 'another round'.

"I was born in Shello, and I'll die in Shello, most likely." is all he says of his past days, the rest being mentioned once already, and once was enough for him.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Woops... Well, I suppose since it works on plant type creatures it ought to work on a tree, but it's entirely un-wounded so there's little to worry about.

Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

Feeling a pull in his heart to go, Matteo nonetheless manages to suppress the urge.
    Even though I am bound for death, can I not enjoy life for a few moments without this restless fury dragging me away?
    Following the others to the Grey Boar, he will take a mug of ale and sip it, mostly listening to the others. However, he chimes in to answer the question.
    Born and raised. Though this is no longer the Shello that I once knew.
    The Bear is Back.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    When everyone tells their story I want you to tell me what you do for the rest of the day up until you sleep.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf is presently searching out Horace, after which he will reveal his plans, and then resume doing the work of the Gentle Hand until Tassik comes and goes "Okay, what did you want to talk about?".

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

As you find Horace, he agrees to aid you in your shrine to Aeomon. He does whatever his frail body can, and seems to tire easily, sitting down often to rest. A few hours later, someone steps through. Tassik speaks, "What would you like to speak with me about?"

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro will have a two hours meditation and then (fully rested) go on a little night hunt.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

After four or five more drinks, unless someone counted, Vauth stands up, belches loudly "Sssscusssse me." he slurrs.

"Nighty nighty." he says, then staggers over to the bar. "Bed." he says, spilling a few coins onto the bartop.

for Krimm:
    Spoiler
    Show

drink a few more drinks to get fairly well pissed, then go to bed.

so, i'm curious. if a ring of sustenance is like 8 hrs rest in 2, does that mean his metabolism is affected so that in 2 hours Vauth would be 'ok'. well, a slight headache (let's say -1 to attacks for 1d4 hours, how about..just for fun?)

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
    for Krimm:
    Spoiler
    Show

drink a few more drinks to get fairly well pissed, then go to bed.

so, i'm curious. if a ring of sustenance is like 8 hrs rest in 2, does that mean his metabolism is affected so that in 2 hours Vauth would be 'ok'. well, a slight headache (let's say -1 to attacks for 1d4 hours, how about..just for fun?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sure thing, sounds fine.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Watching the others filter up, out, or simply around, Matteo smiles grimly.
    Even after all that has happened, life still lingers. For some.
    Taking the rest of his own ale, he simply walks out of the inn. His eyes adjusting instantly to the dim light, he walks for a few minutes before finally, as though he made the move unconciously, looking up to see himself in front of the Tree.
    Is there anyone here?
    The Bear is Back.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

There is a long pause... but before long, a shape emerges. A beautiful woman stands before you, unclothed and apparently with skin of wood and natural green hair, with several leaves in it. She stares at you with silvery eyes that seem to glow in the dark. "Hello."

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo stubled back a few steps, having expected a guard or a priest or even one last desperate soul looking for answers in the tree. What stood before him was wholly different. He began to stammer.
    I'm . . . I'm . . . s s s sorry to have disturbed you.
    He averted his eyes, drawing his cloak up to shade his yellow orbs.
    I came to see if anyone was left here. . . the Tree . . . it . . . you . . . reminded me of better times. I thought . . . well . . . I havn't been able to sleep, you see . . . ever since . . .
    He turned his face even more, ashamed now at his own inability to express himself, as well as the ludicrousnous of what he was about to say.
    I thought it could bring me peace. If only for awhile. . . if only long enough to sleep without the fitful nightmares. Because earlier. . . standing with my people . . . here . . . for the first time . . . I could forget the hate. The pain.
    He shook his head gruffly.
    I'm sorry I disturbed you. I'll leave.
    He turned and began to stalk off in a random direction, hoping only to hide his shame, as well as the tears the burned hot and moist on his cheeks.
    The Bear is Back.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

There is another long pause, allowing Matteo a few steps before any noise is made, "You are the last man I will ever see... Please do not go yet."

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo stopped, dead in his tracks. His breathing stopped. For a single second, his heart may have as well. Slowly turning, he took a few hesitant steps towards the figure, then a few more, then walked steadily up to it. It. . . she was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen.

Second most beautiful, anyway. He thought dimly.

Do . . . you want to say something? Or . . . I don't know. What do you want of me?
    For the first time in years, he stands completely open to her. No defense against blows, no defense against words, no hardened face to defend against his own feelings. Wide eyed, amazed, and awed, he stands only a few inches from her, his own wild brown hair blowing behind him in the slight breeze as her green flowed through the air like water.
    Is she dying? Please, any god that will hear me, whether it be you, Storm, you soul taker, or any of the old gods of our people, or even any of the ancient gods who they say left long ago, please don't let her die. Don't let something this beautiful leave the world with only your whims as the reason. I can't take it again. I just can't.
    The Bear is Back.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

She walks up to him and takes his hands, her head low and her eyes closed. "Shello is dead. My home's soul has been ripped from it's body. I only wish for you to stay with me for one more hour... But then you must leave, for I do not want you to see me die." She raises her head, opens her eyes and reveals she is crying.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo stares, the tears on his own face mirrors of the tears on hers. Slowly, he slides off the javelin pouch from across his back, throwing it to the side. He does the same with his shield and his pack before slowly unbuckling his breatplate and removing it. Standing in only his cloak and his simple buck skin clothing, he takes a single step foreword, taking the spirit of the land in both his arms in an embrace. Drawing her tight to his body, he choked back a sob long enough to whisper in her ear.
    I'll stay as long as you want. When my wife . . . when she passed . . . I wasn't there. If I could . . . If you would allow me . . . I would like to stay . . . and if you need to be buried or anything . . . I would do it. I buried my wife . . . but only after her body had been defiled. For you . . . I'd like to see with my own eyes . . . that you passed well . . . if I could.
    Another sob wracked his body as he hugged her tighter, his face drawn in pain. He felt her tears and his own against his flesh, and he was surprised to realize he couldn't tell the difference.
    Please . . .
    The Bear is Back.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

She closes her eyes and rests her face on his chest, getting his shirt wet in the process. "I have seen so many die in these past 15 years. By undead claw... by metal blade. I know so many more have suffered besides what I have seen... and if your beloved wife died... so horribly... and you were not there... I... suppose you may stay..."

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ogre in the Playground

Matteo puts his own head down next to hers. Feeling her own bark skin under his hands, he nestles his face against hers as his sobs subside, until only silent tears fall. He wishes he could say something. Anything. But he can only cry, cry and hold her tight, as though he could hold her and keep her from passig away.
    So different from I, with the body of a tree and the hair of a vine, but somehow . . . we are the same. If she is dying . . . when do I get to die? When do I get to be removed from this pain. When do I get to rejoin my loved one. . . my soul? Or is that only for those who deserve it . . . those who havn't pledged themselves to vengeance . . . why?
    And like that he remained, holding her, her holding him, both crying for their loss, both awash in each others sorrow, holding on like survivors of a shipwreck, tight against each other, a moment of slight comfort before the crashing waves of darkness all around them. Only she knew his pain. Only he knew hers. As they drank in each others sadness, Matteo was both filled with a wonderful happiness and wracked with pains that tore at his very soul.
    If this moment could never end . . . if the world could stop . . . would it be better? Gods, don't let her die. Please, please, please GODS DON'T LET HER DIE TOO.
    The night continued, oblivious to his prayer. Time, the uncaring watcher, ticked on, though they had only the beat of their hearts to measure it with. In that moment, if Matteo could have frozen inexorable time by halting his heart beat, if he could have stopped the pain, death, and decay of his world simply by winding down the clock that beat in his chest, he would have in an instant. Yet still the night passes, one forlorn beat at a time.
    The Bear is Back.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Troll in the Playground

After only a little over an hour, her grip on Matteo tightens and she takes one heavy, shaky breath in and breathes one last, long breath out... She collapses into his arms. Her body begins to harden, like soft, living wood drying out and dying. It is only a minute before she is a dried out, wooden visage of what she once was... the tree behind her... completely dead.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Kasang

"A room please." Kasang said to the barkeep. He had drunk more then he should have. No where near as much as Vauth, but nonetheless he was slightly drunk." carefully he made his way up to his room. The place was full of dust. Kasang sneezed and made his way to the window. Which he opened and sighed with relief as fresh air washed over him. He froze... Sobbing. He looked down. To where his stood horse stood frozen, then he slowly moved his gaze forward. A person sobbing over another. Kasang looked closer...
    The shifter..."

Kasang closed the window, and made his way to his bed. Wondering what to make of it.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Ogre in the Playground

After finishing the ale Jerro orders another one and retreats to a corner of the bar and sits down to fall into a meditative trance after taking a few sips.

Spoiler
    Show
    This happened before Matteo went outside so i should awaken about one hour after the Dryad incident. Please tell me when we reach that point.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

"Greetings, friend Tassik. I pray the Gentle Hand finds you well," Garulf said, turning from his work; he had chosen what had once been a small house, really little more than a four room apartment, for his task. In the center of the largest room (the front), he had arranged a table, a lower table (by placing two benches together to make a low, man-sized platform), and a table that served as a table, under which Garulf had placed a pair of stools and a plank to form a shelf; idle hands unmade best intentions, and thus Garulf had been a busy man.

"Come, sit with me a moment; you too, Brother Horace, I should like your counsel," Garulf lead the two men into an adjoining room, smaller than the first, which is furnished with only a table, four chairs, and an empty bookshelf, "Tassik, I have traveled far to come here, and have studied deeply the various plagues of the land of Tanzen, and to a lesser extent on Shello... these mists... they ebb the very spirit from those who suffer from them..." Garulf stares sadly into Tassik's eyes, "What can you tell me of this plague? When did it begin?"
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-04-29 at 02:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Troll in the Playground

Horace looks a little saddened, obviously he suspected what Garulf already figured out. Tassik speaks up in his gentle voice, "I have known of this plague for many years... since I was just a boy, when the reaping took place. I have wandered since then, living off of what nature I could on my murdered home-land and in nearly every village that still had survivors, they had plague victims." He looks sorrowful for a moment, his staff resting uneasily on his shoulder as he shifts in his seat. "Some also believe it can affect the warforged... and it is what makes them the monstrous rageforged... We know little of how to cure it easily," He gives another sad pause, "if at all."
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-04-29 at 07:25 PM.

Spoiler
    Show