Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 400
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    OOC: Testing to see if I can access page 6.

    Edit: It would appear that there were no posts on the page that was apparently there, but now there is. Woo.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-12 at 08:56 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  2. - Top - End - #152
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Garulf turns to face the surly remarks of the other travelers.

    "Yes, of course. We ought have waited to do things in a slow, prudent fashion, lest the people be mistaking us for protectors," the Fists' eyes flashed with emotion, despite his neutral expression, "If you wished to nay-say, perhaps you ought have remained behind?"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, when I saw that, I wanted to cry. Hard. Double natural 1s is brutal.


    For DM and Jerro ONLY:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Let us proceed cautiously; I do not like the look of this... contraption." Aasiphan brought his greatmace to bear, mimicking what Melbion had already done. Melbion, for his part, held his tongue, "Do we approach as a group, or shall we flank it?"
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas ONLY
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro musters the ship. "I was going to board it directly, but after all I'm most effective when they don't see me. I propose you two enter from one side while I come aboard from the other. Let's try to remain unseen as long as possible."
    Last edited by Threeshades; 2008-05-13 at 05:18 AM.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Kasang

    "Peace." Said Kasang. "I meant no offense. However I am a Solider, the living ones tend to be a tad pessimistic. And this land seems to justify that stance."

    "As for staying behind, that might be seen as slightly counter productive considering we are both travelers."

  5. - Top - End - #155
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Vauth nods at Kasang in agreement.

    "Kasang is right. You're...friends...have perhaps done more harm than good." he scowls slightly.

    "I don't know what that creature was, but I didn't like the looks of it much either." he adds.

  6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "A wise plan. We shall take the far side of the craft; our wings bear us swifter than your own. Melbion! Let us strike ourselves from the seeing eye!" With that, the two angels focused a moment, then vanished from sight, before winging away with great speed to the far side of the airship.

    OOC: That would be the devas using their Invisibility spell-like ability before taking off every zig.


    Garulf shrugged.

    "I have seen some whom the desire to wander remains strong for many years, and in others the same fire may burn out in only a few months. One need not remain forever upon the road to be called a traveler," Garulf gives the newest acquaintances the same sad smile he gave Jerro, and many other people.

    "My name is Garulf; what is yours?"
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-05-13 at 12:42 PM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro starts moving towards the airship and suddenly shadows swarm around him. He clings to the ship's side and climbs upward to the deck. Upon reaching the rails he carefully looks for a good cover and climbs toward the nearest cover before finally entering the deck. Jerro starts moving around the ship silently from one cover to the other trying to approach the ships entrance to the lower decks.
    We should have discussed our means of communication before starting this..., Jerro thinks while watching the entrance.
    Hoping one of the devas is seeing him he carefully raises his left hand to shoulder height and indicates them to follow with a wave in his direction and then points at the door. Before moving on he hesitates for a few moments waiting for a signal from the angels.

    OOC:
    Assuming Child of Shadows stance granting me concealment
    Move Silently for climbing the ships outside: (1d20+22)[37]
    If needed, a hide check for peeking onboard over the rail (1d20+23)[34]
    - A second one, if needed: (1d20+22)[26]

    For entering the deck a move silently check: (1d20+22)[24]
    And hide check (1d20+23)[35]

    Second round if needed: Move silently (1d20+22)[29]
    Hide (1d20+22)[41]

    Concealment bonus for hide checks is not included because to be honest i dont know how much i will get
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  8. - Top - End - #158
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Jerro and Angels ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you board the ship you notice a deathly silence... A sound so dead it ripped at your mind and soul. Things you begin to notice of the wood of the ship, things like scratches deep in the wood and bits of dried flesh. When you walk into the cabin there is an overwhelming smell, like mildew, dust and carrion...

    Everyone walking on the ground continues to move through the ash-grey mists of Shello. There seems to be great despair overcoming everyone, food and water seem to be in good supply but it's as if the land is sucking out their very souls...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone but Jerro and the angels make Listen checks.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  9. - Top - End - #159
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Chilling in the back...

    Seeing the flgiht of angels and the strange elf creature, Matteo smiles to himself.
    In times of darkness, the light burns bright.
    Then, composing himself, he thinks otherwise.
    If someone is sending such creatures... danger must be near by...
    He drew a javelin from his pouch, and as it touches his hand it becomes a crackling beam of light.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[19] Listen
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-05-13 at 10:16 PM.

  10. - Top - End - #160
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes Kasang's hearing is a far bit better this time.
    Listen: (1d20+10)[21]

  11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I never thought I'd ever say this, but I would feel safer if there was an army of undead pirates swarming over us right now.", Jerro says with a lowered voice and then begins searching the cabin for a hint at the remains of the ship's crew.

    Search check: (1d20+13)[25]
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "This ship seems unwholesome," Aasiphan intoned softly, "Perhaps we ought to attempt to disable it, or even destroy it." There is a soft rustling sound next to Jerro; the invisible angels were searching about the cabin as well.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Aasiphan and Melbion will be making Spot checks to see if anything in the cabin really jumps out and catches their eye, followed by a Search check.

    Aasiphan -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[30]
    Search: (1d20+4)[18]

    Melbion -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[25]
    Search: (1d20+4)[16]


    Listen check for Garulf: (1d20+6)[10]

    OOC: Come ooooooon, no whammies...
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Vauth rides along on his horse, his senses ready for trouble. The look on his face is grim, and he tightens his grip on his axe. He removes the shield from his back and releases it in the air next to him. The strange dead-thing troubled him. He wasn't sure if he'd seen anything quite like it before.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Listen - (1d20+16)[25]

    Knowledge Religion - (1d20+6)[18]
    Knowledge Planes - (1d20+1)[6]
    Knowledge Nature - (1d20+6)[24]



    Spells for the Day:
    Spoiler
    Show

    0 Level: 6
    Detect Magic x2
    Read Magic
    Resistance
    Mending
    Cure Minor Wound

    1st Level: 6 +1
    Comprehend Languages
    Protection from Evil
    Ebon Eyes
    Sign
    Rhino's Rush x2
    Enlarge Person (Domain)

    2nd Level: 5 +1
    Boneblast
    Close Wounds
    Cure Moderate Wounds
    Infernal Wound
    Sound Burst
    Bull's Strength (Domain)

    3rd Level: 5 +1
    Blindsight
    Cure Serious Wounds
    Dispel Magic
    Knight's Move
    Fleshripper
    Speak with dead (Domain)

    4th Level: 4 +1
    Restoration
    Hypothermia
    Cure Critical Wounds
    Freedom of Movement
    Fire Shield (Domain)

    5th Level: 3 +1
    Humanoid Essence
    Revivify
    Greater Vigor
    Righteous Might (Domain)

    6th Level: 2 +1
    Triadspell
    Heal
    Stoneskin (Domain)

  14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    For Vauth ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You hear a strange sound... like the sound of flapping wings swooping down. Then the faint sound of... something. A sound obviously organic but still plainly unnatural. Then the third sound in an instant, is the sound of cracking bone and ripping flesh. Then... silence.

    Jerro and the Angels ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look through the decay and death that stinks up the whole ship, and find what appears to be most of a human body... More precisely, the lower half of it. As you search more there appears to be more pieces of creatures of all sorts. From outside there is a sound of something hitting wood...

    A voice rings out over the crowd, "Anthony? Where is Anthony? My son ran ahead but I can't find him!"
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-14 at 07:33 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    "Kasang! Matteo! Kuusij! Tassik!" Vauth yells out "There is something flying and invisible stalking us! It came from that direction!" he points is axe in the direction he heard the noise.

    He begins the preparations for a spell, grasping his amulet briefly. His eyes become opaque and completely black, but he still seems able to see what is going on around him.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Blindsight

  16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Kasang

    "Oh this can't be good." Said Kasang. Kicking his horse and speeding ahead to meet Vaurth. Kasang drew his Falchion, though he could do little against an enemy he could not see.

    "Here's hoping it's just one."

  17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    For Vauth ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You see through the mist just long enough to see the end of a long, reptilian tail and the tip of a wing fly out of the range of your blindsight...

    Tassik and Kuusij both look over to Vauth when he calls out, then in the direction he points but are unable to see anything. "I do not want the wastes of Shello to claim another victim..."
    "I will find tha beast! And I will daestroy it!" With that Kuusij runs in the direction and begins to take on a metamorphosis... His black facial hair seems to begin to grow all over him quickly, turning into a thick coat of fur. His body grows a great deal, possibly three or even four times his size. His face takes on the features of a great wolf... and his hands grow vicious claws. He roars in anger as he run ahead of the crowd and into the grey-white mists and out of sight and sound.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-15 at 05:51 AM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  18. - Top - End - #168
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    As he sees the creature leaving the range of his sight, he spurs his horse forward so as to not lose track/sight of it.
    "Follow me, the beast is this way!" He bellows loudly.

    Spoiler
    Show

    If he catches sight of the creature, he will cast a spell:
    Knight's Move (swift action) to instantaneously teleport 30' to an adjacent square.

    If that works, then read the following:
    Spoiler
    Show

    Flying into a furious frenzy, Vauth attacks the creature with mighty swings of his axe.

    1) Instantaneous Rage (free action)
    2) Full Attack

    New stats:
    Strength: 32 (26)
    Constitution: 32 (26)
    HP: 223 (187)
    AC: 40 (42)
    BAB: +26/+21
    Damage: 1d12+15

    Attack 1 - (1d20+26)[31]
    Crit Check 1 - (1d20+26)[42]

    Attack 2 - (1d20+26)[46] * this should be +21, but it was still a natural 20--copied/pasted the format and forgot to change!
    Crit Check 2 - (1d20+26)[30] ** this should be +21, so reduce the result by -5

    Damage 1 - (1d12+15)[17]
    Crit Damage 1 - (1d12+15)[22]

    Damage 2 - (1d12+15)[24]
    Crit Damage 2 - (1d12+15)[27]


    Last edited by MrScary; 2008-05-15 at 09:17 AM.

  19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    "Remain calm, all of you!" Garulf cried, "Do not rush blindly into the mists!" the Fist sighed, his mind boggled; the very people who raised complaint about the angels were now rushing off to attack an unseen enemy. Where was their "soldierly discipline" now? Garulf turned and called out to Tassik.

    "Tassik, call the shifter priest, I beg! At the least, warn him that there is danger near!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, Garulf isn't about to go blundering around in the mists, leaving the villagers completely unprotected. Don't get killed, guys!
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro leaps to the cabin door and presses himself against the wall next to it with his dagger readied.
    "Whatever might be coming up out there perhaps knows we are in here. Are going to wait for them and hope to surprise them, or will we break out?", he says carefully taking a look through the door hoping to get a glance of what is coming aboard the airship.

    OOC
    Hide check (1d20+23)[43]
    Spot check (1d20+10)[25]
    Also I'm trying to detect its position with my tremorsense
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Our course is clear. Whatever is on this ship must be stopped, before it brings harm to the refugees." The sound of powerful hands wrapping themselves tightly about the leather-bound grips of greatmaces creaks softly in the air of the cabin.

    "Open the door, Jerro. Aasiphan and I will strike the first blow against whatever evil awaits us!" As soon as the door opens, the invisible angels will...

    Spoiler
    Show
    If whatever it is out there is plainly evil, Melbion will immediately lunge forward and attempt to shove it into the hallway, clearing the doorway for Aasiphan and Jerro. I forget if Strength checks are BAB+Str mod, or just d20+Str mod, so I'll do a d20+Str mod roll here, and if that's incorrect, Krimm can either roll it or tell me to correct it, whichever he feels like.

    (1d20+6)[25]
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-05-15 at 01:18 PM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  22. - Top - End - #172
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Kasang

    "Uh Vaurth..."he trailed off as he saw Vaurth race ahead. "You do realize your chasing something that can fly right..." He finished. To the best of Kasang's knowledge even if he could find it in the mist Vaurth was not equipped for ranged combat. Kasang put his hand to his forhead for a moment. He repeated the motion when one of the Shifters raced past. Despite the fact that it looked no less able to strike a flying monster. Kasang sighed.

    If the monster is intelligent it can easily avoid them both. He reasoned. And thanks to this fog it could attack the refugees before they even realized it had doubled back. Sighing once more he turned his horse and spurred it in the direction of the refugees. Figuring the yelling had already tipped off the refuges he might as well make the best of it.

    "Bunch into a large group!" He yelled out. "If there is danger here it is too those apart from the rest! The closer together we all are, the less chance of being attacked and the easier you are to defend! SO DO IT!"
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2008-05-16 at 02:11 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    For Jerro and Angels ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You you can hear the sounds of chewing, animalistic and untidy sounding... but looking out proves useless, it's either behind another part of the ship's cabin or hidden in the thick fog. Jerro uses his ability to sense it in the vibrations of the super-light wood and find out where it is.
    Jerro ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show

    The panicked crowd looks at the new havoc with terror and their movement becomes more of a shuffle, as if afraid to move. When Kasang tells them to group together they worriedly attempt to, many people screaming and weeping.
    Vauth continues onward, but his horse can't seem to catch up, it's either gone ahead or above his range of blindsight. The sound of wings flapping can barely be heard in an undetermined direction.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro puts his hand on the door handle "It seems to be only one creature. I can't see it but it's almost at the top end of the ship, to the left flank.", with these words he carefully opens the door and waits a few moments after the angels to rush out before he comes after them.

    OOC: If i dont feel a breath of air going past me when the angels are rushing out of the door, i should at least notice that by tremorsense
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    The angels say nothing, grim resolve steeling their attitudes. Without hesitation, they sweep from the room and head as directed toward the sounds. They pause a moment, attempting to spot the creature first, to better determine its purpose.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Aasiphan Spot check - (1d20+23)[24]
    Melbion Spot check - (1d20+23)[25]


    Should creature appear to be clearly evil, the angels would take pause only long enough to seek out Jerro.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    OOC: Let's keep this bit in spoilers, shall we?
    Jerro and Angels ONLY.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The angels move toward the location of the creature and their sight penetrates the mist to gaze upon the creature. It is grotesque... unlike anything produced by nature alone. A body of solid white in the very vague shape of a bird of prey, but the only feathers on it's body are the ones on it's large wings and a ridge of them up and down it's spine. It has a reptilian looking tail, which seems to rest behind it. It's head is the feature which is the most un-birdlike, a massive crest on both head upper and lower jaws to give the appearance of a swept-back crescent moon with two bony, wing-like prongs coming out the sides. It doesn't appear to have any nostrils or eyes, but there are little bumpy polyps over the front of it's jaw. It's perched on the railing of the ship with it's six-toed, white talons and suddenly drops what it had in it's mouth... the body of a boy, bitten and torn up... when it drops the body it appears to have a second set of jaws inside it's mouth filled with more pointed teeth. It begins to feast on the dead body, a few new arms sprout on it's chest, they look like naked chicken wings and help hold parts of the body up while it eats.
    As far as you can tell... it isn't plainly evil, and is just showing signs of being a predatory animal. The boy was just the most vulnerable prey in a land with little food.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-17 at 03:48 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro
    Spoiler
    Show
    Silently, the angels returned to Jerro's side, still unseen...

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, um, I don't know if the angels actually CAN do that, so if necessary, here are Spot/Listen checks for the two of them to find Jerro.
    Aasiphan -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[24]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[41]
    Melbion -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[27]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[33]


    "The creature seems to be little more than a predator... saddening as it is to see it feed on a mortal child," Aasiphan intoned quietly, "The Lord of the Gentle Passing take the boy's spirit..."

    "We should search the ship... determine if it is possible to commandeer it... there are many traveling below us; could we not use this ship, unwholesome as it is, to hasten their journey?" Though unseen, it is clear in Melbion's whispered voice that he doesn't like the idea, and the sound of Aasiphan shifting uncomfortably rustles into the realm of the attentive ear.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas only
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: What's that with your spot checks, MountainKing? ^^

    IC:

    "At first we cannot let anyone ride this ship with a creature like that on board. We need to be sure it is eliminated, and there aren't more of them that made the ship their home.", Jerro tries to peer through the mist.
    "Also how much of protection can we offer on this ship? We are the only ones who can effectively intercept an attacker in the air. On the other hand we are safe from bandits and ground predators. But I cannot commandeer a ship, much less an airship.", he still stares in to the mist while his dagger dances between his fingers.
    "Let us first exterminate that creature and then report to the leaders of the column about our findings."
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The creature has done nothing necessarily wrong... it would likely suffice to drive it away..." Aasiphan muttered, "If you want to kill the creature, Jerro, then its blood be on your hands."

    "Though unnecessary killing is not something we can condone, Jerro has a point. If that creature were to flee, it could return with more like itself, which would leave us hard pressed."

    "Whatever we must endure for these people, we have sworn to endure it, Melbion. If Jerro wishes to kill the creature, he may.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Devas only
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro's wolfish grin returns as his dagger springs from one hand to the other: "There is so much blood on these hands this creature won't make a difference. If we want to hope for using this ship in any safety at all, we need to get rid of that creature. Go and report to the others about the ship. I will manage..."
    He leaves the cabin and sneaks across the deck up to the creature ready to charge and attack from its back.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay heavy rolling ahead:
    Hide check: (1d20+23)[26]
    Move silently: (1d20+22)[37]

    Extra rolls if needed for the long way to the ships top:
    1
    Hide check: (1d20+23)[38]
    Move silently: (1d20+22)[34]
    2
    Hide check: (1d20+23)[25]
    Move silently: (1d20+22)[34]


    Once i'm in charge range I make a charge. If i'm spotted/listened I take a free action to feint
    Bluff check: (1d20+17)[29]
    Initiative: (1d20+12)[29]

    Attack roll: (1d20+23)[25]

    Primary Damage: (1d4+15)[16], Acid damage (1d6)[3]
    And if feint and/or sneak is succesful, sneak attack damage (5d6)[11]

    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •