Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 400
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It will be done," Aasiphan intoned softly; Melbion did not say anything, but Jerro could feel the pair sweeping away, taking wing and diving into the mists. As they fly, the angels call to each other now and again, aiding each other track back to the villagers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Aasiphan -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[27]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[34]
    Melbion -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[36]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[43]


    Once they find the villagers once again, the angels return to Garulf's side immediately, conferring with the Fist quietly about what they have seen...

    "You say a small boy ran ahead of the group?" Garulf nodded solemnly, even as he silently rustled his prayer beads through his fingers one by one, "I fear he is lost to a predator of these lands. We saw a creature on the ship feeding on such a child... There is little to eat in these lands..." Aasiphan trailed off, sorrow echoing in his voice.

    "We must remind the people here that it is too dangerous to wander alone... we must keep them together, if they are to be any kind of safe at all." said Melbion quietly, even as he donned his cloak in mirror of Aasiphan, who had retrieved the garments from Horace.

    "Remain here, friends. I will seek out Tassik and tell him everything you've told me. Perhaps this airship can be put to use." With that, Garulf moved away from the front of the column, leaving it in the care of the angels. Hurrying through the crowd, Garulf rapidly approached Tassik, and proceeded to retell everything he had heard thus far.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM and Jerro
    Spoiler
    Show
    "It will be done," Aasiphan intoned softly; Melbion did not say anything, but Jerro could feel the pair sweeping away, taking wing and diving into the mists. As they fly, the angels call to each other now and again, aiding each other track back to the villagers.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Aasiphan -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[34]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[27]
    Melbion -
    Spot: (1d20+23)[35]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[34]


    Once they find the villagers once again, the angels return to Garulf's side immediately, conferring with the Fist quietly about what they have seen...

    "You say a small boy ran ahead of the group?" Garulf nodded solemnly, even as he silently rustled his prayer beads through his fingers one by one, "I fear he is lost to a predator of these lands. We saw a creature on the ship feeding on such a child... There is little to eat in these lands..." Aasiphan trailed off, sorrow echoing in his voice.

    "We must remind the people here that it is too dangerous to wander alone... we must keep them together, if they are to be any kind of safe at all." said Melbion quietly, even as he donned his cloak in mirror of Aasiphan, who had retrieved the garments from Horace.

    "Remain here, friends. I will seek out Tassik and tell him everything you've told me. Perhaps this airship can be put to use." With that, Garulf moved away from the front of the column, leaving it in the care of the angels. Hurrying through the crowd, Garulf rapidly approached Tassik, and proceeded to retell everything he had heard thus far.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Tassik hears the story and looks slightly pained at the sound of the boy's death. "We must make haste to retrieve it... and only hope it does not contain more predatory beasts..." He looks ahead and calls out, "Kuusij! You must return to me now!" There is a long, dead silence... "He must not be able to hear m-no... there he is."
    Kuusij trots back to the group, panting heavily and when he reaches Tassik again he reverts back to his humanoid shape instead of that of a massive black wolf. "There are... things. Things in the mist, I could only just escape some of them..." Kuusij, now with much less fur reveals that he has been grievously wounded and is bleeding.
    "...Garulf, how can we get everyone to the airship?" Tassik asks, and there is another strange sound, like a terrible crashing... a dead pause and another, closer sound. Suddenly, something comes forth from the mist from above... it looks like a gigantic leg, somewhere between a mammalian and spiderian crashes down into the crowd that still hasn't crowded together, the screams of people as they are crushed and the leg moves and continues onward, followed by two more legs on that side of the massive beast, unseen due to height and the concealing fog...
    "...By Canidor." Tassik says with shock and wide eyes.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    What about me attacking the bird-thing?
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    "That will have to wait," Garulf replied dryly before chanting rapidly, yet calmly. The priest's muscles bulge, his stature grows, and suddenly the much larger priest let loose a loud cry.

    "DO NOT SCATTER. MOVE TO THE BACK OF THE COLUMN. REMAIN TOGETHER!"

    Meanwhile, the angels had already stripped off their cloaks once more, bursting into the air and heading toward the... well, thing, greatmaces in hand and vengeance burning in their eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf casts Righteous Might on himself. Angels remove cloaks and start booking it towards the leg's vicinity.

    And just curious, how did the angels miss the fact that this thing was present in any way? Was it just standing perfectly still? Invisibly?
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-05-18 at 05:31 PM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    For Jerro.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh woops, I didn't notice the attack and damage stuff......
    --
    You lurk and move toward the beast... but despite your attempts at hiding it turns it's eyeless head directly toward you as you come and screeches with an unholy noise. You manage to push past it's defenses and cut across it's shoulder, but your feign didn't seem to keep it off it's toes. The blade cuts through the skin with ease, but the acid dripping from the blade runs off it like water off a duck's back.
    It tries lashing out at you in return, reaching it's chest-arms at you like hinged claws and attempting to latch both it's jaws and it's talons onto the fey-like elf but failing.

    For Garulf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The mist conceals both sight and sound, they didn't notice it because it was a few hundred feet away.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    When the surprisingly huge leg descends down onto the villagers, Vauth grimaces slightly. Probably better now, quick, than later, slow. Vauth thinks to himself as he sees the bloody mess.

    Hefting his mighty axe, he goes through the motions of weaving a spell, his holy symbol glowing slightly.

    Once complete, his eyes grow wide and wild, his face twists in a grimace of pure rage, and spittle flies from his mouth. He rushes forward toward the creature, readying himself for an attack.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Casting Stoneskin (domain spell).
    Instantaneous Rage
    Move 30'

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Kasang

    "KEEP IT AWAY FROM THE CIVILIANS!" Roared Kasang. He spurred the stone horse forward. When he drew close he leaped clear, and the horse veered away.
    "Hlat!" Kasang yelled, freezing the horse mid gallop. He would hopefully need it latter.
    "Fridgus procella." Said Kasang. The Falchion in his hand turned a chill blue at his words. And small sparks leaped across the blade.

    With his spare hand he reached into the pack strapped onto his back and removed a gem. His grip tightened and it shattered. A momentary rush of air surrounded Kasang. And a creature of air appeared in front of him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Moved within about 50-60 foot of the creature. Horse is maybe 20 ft off to the side. This entire thing might take a little while so if we are initiating combat it might bleed over to another round. take your pick.

    At first opportunity Kasang will order the Large air elemental he summoned into the air, and make it form into a whirlwind (If possible away from civilians.) It can't hurt something that size, but I'm hoping it'll clear some fog. I'm working on the presumption the Monster can see through the fog already.

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Most interesting performance, but now it's time you see that boy you were eating again! He might have a few complaints."
    Jerro thrusts his dagger at the creature befor making a sudden turn and striking three times from unexpected directions.

    Without spoilers this time:
    Bluff check for another feint (1d20+17)[29]

    Full attack:
    1 (1d20+21)[25]
    2 (1d20+21)[38]
    3 (1d20+16)[30]

    Primary Damage:
    1 (1d4+15)[18]
    2 (1d4+15)[16]
    3 (1d4+15)[18]

    Sneak attack if applicable
    1 (5d6)[18]
    2 (5d6)[13]
    3 (5d6)[12]
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Jerro Only.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jerro manages to get the aberrant beast off it's footing right before putting the blade into the chest of it. A few dark red lines run across the torso and it makes a few sounds of pain and shock before falling forward onto the deck, the blood pooling on the soarwood deck.

    The absolutely massive creature lets out a bellow like the sound of a bass trumpet, the sound echoing for a great distance around and vibrating the very fibers of your being. It begins to step to the side and seems to be fairly unsure of it's footing.
    The mist is moved, but just barely. It reveals some of the massive creature's body. It's front half appears to have another pair of pale legs, curled up into it's body like a spider's mandibles. All it's flesh is the color of porcelain except for the inside of his mouth, which is a dark dark red. On the underside of it's body are hundreds of limbs of various size, all similar to the main eight but all smaller and looking like naked chicken wings, twitching and moving as it walks. From it's mouth extends a long, black tentacle.
    The crowd of people all gasp or scream in shock of the revelation of the beast before them. It lets out another bellow as the people scream and it tries to flee.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Does this mean we roll for initiative? If soooo...


    Garulf's heavy feet pounded the ground, righteous fury burning in his eyes. He had failed Tassik; the villagers were being trampled, without a doubt to their deaths.

    "Lord of the Gentle Passing, I pray ye, see your son safely on the road to final death!" Powerful muscles flexed as the priest sprang into the air, with the intent of bringing his powerful fist smashing down upon the creature's being, and as he hurtled through the air, his fists burst briefly into a flame as bright as the anger in his eyes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, current combat stats for Garulf:
    HP: 115/115
    AC: 31
    Move: 60 ft

    Now then, I don't know if Garulf has a clear shot to the creature or not; if he doesn't, he'll be moving 60 ft closer to the creature and using two uses of Stunning Fist for a Ki Blast (Ranged Touch: (1d20+15)[25], Force damage: (3d6+6)[18]).

    If Garulf can get to the creature with a charge action, he will do so, attacking a leg if the creature is too massive to attack at the body (which, by the sound of things, it is). For his charge attack, he'll be using Power Attack (for 3), Fiery Fist, and Leap Attack.

    Note: Just to make sure I've got it right, you get a bonus to your Jump check equal to 4 x number of increments of 10 you move after 30. If that's the case, then if Garulf is charging, his move would be 120 feet, giving him +36 to his check (120 ft - 30 = 90, 9 increments x 4 = +36). I don't know exactly what kind of height/distance I'm trying to jump here, so I guess I'll leave the final check result in Krimm's hands.

    Initiative: (1d20+6)[16]
    Jump check: (1d20+58)[66]
    Charge attack: (1d20+22)[31]
    Crit confirm (if needed): (1d20+22)[23]
    Damage: (3d8+18)[34]*+(1d6)[3]

    * - If Garulf's Jump check is successful, his damage dealt increases by three.


    EDIT: The angels do not hesitate upon finding the enormous creature; the immediately tuck their wings and dive, hammering at the creature's back with their greatmaces.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ummm, well, you see, I forgot to post this, so, if Krimm wants to roll the attacks sekretly, that'd be fine, or I can wait until his next post.
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-05-19 at 10:22 PM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Garulf flies through the air toward the creature and manages to slam himself into the first knee of the creature and latch on. The animal bellows, almost as if in fear. The angels fall like missiles with their holy weapons in tow, and bring them down upon the pale white back of the massive animal. When the weapons hit, there is a small indentation... but no laceration as normal for a heavy mace impact. A moment later the indentation pops back up harmlessly and it cries out in agony, the sound again echoing for miles, and continues to move as if to escape.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone who wants to figure out the size of this creature, make an Int or Wis check.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-19 at 11:32 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    1nt/wis it's the same modifier anyway: (1d20+2)[9]

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    DM only
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a grin Jerro stands over the bird's carcass looking down on it.
    "Disappointing. I was hoping you would at least take a swing at me.", with these words he starts severing the left wing of the creature and lays it over the bloody remains of its prey.
    "You are lucky boy... that i did not know you. It saved you and your carcass from a treatment worse than death..."
    Once he covered the boy with the large wing, Jerro takes off to find back to the refugees' column.
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's get some Wisdom checks going here:
    Garulf: (1d20+6)[19]
    Aasiphan: (1d20+4)[21]
    Melbion: (1d20+4)[11]


    Garulf bellowed as his fist hammered home, but clarity of thought betrayed the fog of wrath. Eyes still flashing with the same brightness as before, Garulf focused his spirit, seeking his center... then began to hammer viciously on the monster's knee with one of his fists.

    Aasiphan and Melbion, for their parts, continue their assault, battering the monster's porcelain back whilst howling angelic warchants.

    Warning: HOMG Spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so, I'm not sure if I'm stuck to the leg, or if I'm grappling it, or what, so... Well, I really, *really* hope that I can do what I'm about to do. Lemme know, Krimm.

    Garulf (using Power Attack (for 3) and Fiery Fist)
    Attack 1: (1d20+22)[38]
    Attack 2: (1d20+22)[35]
    Attack 3: (1d20+17)[20]
    Attack 4: (1d20+12)[22]

    Crit Confirm 1: (1d20+22)[34]
    Crit Confirm 2: (1d20+22)[40]
    Crit Confirm 3: (1d20+17)[30]
    Crit Confirm 4: (1d20+12)[24]

    Damage 1: (3d8+16)[27] +(1d6)[3]
    Damage 2: (3d8+16)[26] +(1d6)[4]
    Damage 3: (3d8+16)[28] +(1d6)[2]
    Damage 4: (3d8+16)[24] +(1d6)[2]

    Annnnnd just in case Krimm doesn't want to deal with rolling for Aasiphan and Melbion...

    Aasiphan (using Power Attack 2)
    Attack 1: (1d20+19)[26]
    Attack 2: (1d20+14)[27]
    Attack 3: (1d20+9)[25]

    Crit Confirm 1: (1d20+19)[29]
    Crit Confirm 2: (1d20+14)[19]
    Crit Confirm 3: (1d20+9)[22]

    Damage 1: (2d6+15)[26]
    Damage 2: (2d6+15)[23]
    Damage 3: (2d6+15)[23]

    Melbion (using Power Attack 2)
    Attack 1: (1d20+19)[35]
    Attack 2: (1d20+14)[17]
    Attack 3: (1d20+9)[17]

    Crit Confirm 1: (1d20+19)[23]
    Crit Confirm 2: (1d20+14)[25]
    Crit Confirm 3: (1d20+9)[24]

    Damage 1: (2d6+15)[23]
    Damage 2: (2d6+15)[24]
    Damage 3: (2d6+15)[18]
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Garulf Only.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You look upon the creature, and comparing your own sizes to the creature's bulk, Garulf and Aasiphan determine that the creature stands an astounding 240 feet from the ground to it's back.

    Through the brutal onslaught done to the creature by Garulf and the angels, onle one of their collective attacks, the first Garulf made against it. He slams his fist into the knot of flesh in the creature's leg and a small hole is punched into it. Dark red ichor seems to dribble out as it screams out again, this time more high-pitched and far more pained sounding. The angels slams their weapons into the back of it, leaving more dents that end up popping back up, but it seems to feel the pain all the same.
    It does it's best to get it's speed up even further, attempting to escape. The monster is now fully out of range of any of the villagers. Jerro flies down just in time to see the absolutely massive creature escape into the mist with a little humanoid on it's leg and two little winged humanoids on it's back.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    (so my 30' move didn't do anything to get me into attack range?)

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    "What? You were already preparing dinner and didn't even call for me?!", Jerro shouts over the creature's painful shrieks while drawing his dagger and suddenly dashes down on it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yay dice rolling.

    Charge again and I'd like to go for a feint too, in case i can't just falnk that gargantuan monster, so:
    Bluff check: (1d20+17)[33]

    Attack roll: (1d20+23)[39]

    Damage: (1d4+15)[18], acid damage, though probably not applicable: (1d6)[3]

    Sneak attack damage: (5d6)[15]
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Quote Originally Posted by MrScary View Post
    (so my 30' move didn't do anything to get me into attack range?)
    (Not unless you're using a ranged weapon.)

    Jerro manages to reach the creature after a time and land in between the mass of limbs coming out it's backside. He jams the blade into the thick flesh but only just manages to pierce the skin.
    When the knife strikes, limbs twice the size of Jerro begin to clumsily move toward him as if to brush him off. It lets out another call and suddenly there's more sounds of wings in the air...
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Here's hoping this thing's Touch AC is in the negatives...


    The creature was retreating, likely fleeing out of animal instinct. Wrath still burned in the Fist's frighteningly calm eyes as he held on tightly, the creature picking up speed. It was possible that the beast would flee, and opt to leave the villagers alone... but it was also possible that it would return with... no. A creature this size surely would not share territory with others so large, would it? Shaking his head, the Fist frowned sadly, before bellowing loudly.

    "AASIPHAN! MELBION! THE CREATURE IS FLEEING! WE SHALL LEAVE IT TO LEARN ITS LESSON!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen checks for the angels to hear Garulf's shout, if necessary.
    (1d20+23)[29]
    (1d20+23)[32]


    With that, Garulf focused his spirit one last time, channeling his spirit into a sphere in his open palm, which he then aimed at the hole he had punched in the beast's hide. The beast would live, for a time, and Garulf had to go attend to the people he had sworn to protect. Willing the sphere out of his palm, he launched it into the beast's wound... before releasing his hold on the creature, trusting in Aeomon's grace to see him through what would likely be a rough landing.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Garulf will use two uses of Stunning Fist to blast the creature's wound from the inside with Ki Blast.

    Ranged Touch: (1d20+15)[30]
    Force damage: (3d6+6)[22]
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    It bellows once again, overwhelmed by the pinpoints of pain being focused on it's massive body as it continues to run. The sound of the flapping of wings get louder very quickly as something vaults from the sky down at the group. One of them, barely visible in the mist digs it's talons into one of the people on the fringes of the group. The only detail you can make from it is that it looks somewhat like a horse-sized bird of prey.

    Another launches down at Kasang with predatory swiftness and he gets a better look at it... It's large and completely white, and despite being a bird the only feathers on it's body are on it's wings and on a ridge down it's back and leathery, reptilian tail. The head is completely eyeless and just has a wide maw full of jagged ivory teeth, inside that mouth is another, smaller set of jaws with slightly rounder teeth. It's head is shaped like a bizarre backwards-swept crescent moon with two more crests on it's cheek-bones in the shape of small wings. On it's chest are four strange limbs just coming from the front of the torso that look look naked chicken wings. It's talons reach forward at him with six taloned digits in a circle on each foot. It makes a predatory screech that is horrible to hear...

    The talons dig into his body, poking holes in his armor and latching in deep.((7 damage)) The hook-like, white claws tug on his flesh and pull him into the air, embraced by the aberrant bird.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kasang is now grappled. I rolled for you.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-05-21 at 11:45 PM.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  22. - Top - End - #202
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    OOC: Christ that is one wussy affront to nature you got there.

    In the air Kasang wrestled with the bird. Somewhat reluctantly he droped his sword in favor of being able to get a hit in.

    "Elemental! To me!" At his words the elemental resumed it's natural form and charged the bird.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Hmm. Shock trooper power attack is with my fists is doable right?
    Attack: (1d20+14)[31]
    Damage: (1d3+19)[22]

    And I get an AC of 20 for the next round.

    The Charging Elemental:
    Attack: (1d20+14)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+2)[12]

    I was actually planing on having it plow us in whirlwind form. But apparently 40ft tall whirlwinds can't lift large birds.
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2008-05-22 at 01:52 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Threeshades's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Garbsen, Germany

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    As he sees the two abberational birds, Jerro pulls his dagger out of the fleeing creature's back and swings up to chase the first creature taking one of the peasants.
    Chasing after the monstrous bird, Jerro thrusts his empty-handed left arm forward and shouts: "YOU WILL GO NO FURTHER!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting spell-like ability Hold Monster, DC 19
    Need an avatar? Check out Threeshades's Home of Orphaned Avatars

    [/CENTER]

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Krimm, did the angels either hear Garulf or notice the birds? Also, what did Garulf take for fall damage?
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Krimm, did the angels either hear Garulf or notice the birds? Also, what did Garulf take for fall damage?
    Spoiler
    Show
    They heard Garulf, and I wasn't aware you fell. Or I should say, I forgot... ((16 damage))


    OOC: I'll get a post in later this evening, but I just finished a semester and I want to relax.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  26. - Top - End - #206
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    purepolarpanzer's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    The Frozen Northlands
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry guys. Graduation coming up. Very busy. Didn't even have spells prepared. Now they are on the list of my sheet. But for now...

    Realizing the source of the attack from the mists, Matteo's confusion is ended by pure anger. The air around him begins to crackle, his eyes growing dark, becoming a stormy sea of swirling darkness. He cries out to his vengeful god, his very osul echoing the cry for blood that came from within him.
    STORM! I WILL TAKE YOUR MIGHT!!
    He reaches a hand up, seeming to grasp at some invisible handle. Anothe hand surges upwards, again hooking into the air. Pulling with all his might, magical and physical, Matteo begins drawing his hands downward. At first, there is no reponse. However, a slight breeze picks up, stirring the air. Thunder booms above, and, with a last surge of strength, Matteo's hands touch the ground. The air of the upper atmosphere rushes foreword, drawn near by his strength, and forms a massive black cloud above the location of the flying beasts, along with the power of something much more basic and primal- the rage of the Elements. From this roiling dark cloud, a massive burst of wind surges forth, buffeting all underneathe it.
    RUN AWAY IF YOU CAN! THIS POWER COMES SOON, AND IN FORCE!!
    The winds tear through the air, slashign away the mist, pushing the travlers down, and, most importantly, sending any flying creatures crashing through the massive hurricane of wind.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using my daily Storm of Elemental Fury. 40ft radius cloud, winds going straight down and around, trying to target the flyers. Hoping as few others are caught under it as possible, cause things get hairy from here.
    Last edited by purepolarpanzer; 2008-05-22 at 11:13 PM.

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    MrScary's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Behind my Axe!
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    (where do i fall in the initiative order? did we even roll initiative?)

    Vauth, spittle flying from his mouth, sees the bird-like things land and attack the peasant and then Kasang. He charges over to attack the creature that has grasped a-hold of Kasang.

    Spoiler
    Show


    charge as far as needed to reach the bird-thing.

    Attack - (1d20+27)[42]
    crit check - (1d20+27)[45]

    Damage 1 - (1d12+20)[29]
    crit Damage 2 - (1d12+20)[24]
    crit Damage 3 - (1d12+20)[27]

    Stats:
    AC: 40
    Str: 32
    Con: 32
    HP: 226 (187)

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    MountainKing's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Michigan
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Upon hearing the priest's shout, the angels dove away, their wings sweeping them over the beast and back toward the villagers. Garulf, for his part, stood up. His muscles ached from the impact, but he was well alive; with that, the Fist began to sprint back to the civilians.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Running back to the villagers for everyone I have control of.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Krimm_Blackleaf's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    The crowd of people begins running in terror up ahead as the wind picks up, and once it does the vicious birds begin being thrown about in the mist, screeching out horrible noises... The mist, however, seems to stay neatly in place. The only part of them moving are the birds flying through them to move the mist out of the way and reshaping itself very naturally.
    Vauth jumps up and grabs the taloned leg of the beast and gets pulled into the air with them both. He swings his axe in his other hand, pushing full power into it and severs the leg Vauth isn't holding onto. The creature can't hold two people at once so it lets Kasang go and attempts to shake Vauth off.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

    Spoiler
    Show



    Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf


  30. - Top - End - #210
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    The Duskblade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

    Kasang

    Kasang rolled to his feat bringing retrieving his sword in one relatively smooth motion. Seeing the bird now had a grip on Vaurth he leaped to strike it.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Somehow I doubt I'll be able to pull off a full attack so I'll go with standard.
    Jump check (In case the birds flown outa my reach.):(1d20+26)[45]

    Power attack shock troopering. Another round at 20ac
    Attack: (1d20+19)[29]
    Damaging (2d4+25)[33]
    Crit confirm (If my attack was natural 18+):(1d20+19)[21]

    Fire damage: (1d6)[4]
    If a crit an extra (1d10)[10]


    electric damage: (1d6)[1]
    If a crit an extra (1d10)[4]

    and finnaly if the bird is chaotic: (2d6)[4] law damage
    Last edited by The Duskblade; 2008-05-28 at 01:52 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •