New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Wastes of Shello - Group 3

For anyone on the airship.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You walk through the dark cabin of the ship until Melbion's foot hits something metalline on the ground with a loud 'clink' noise. When he looks down he realizes that under some bodies is that of a warforged. It has crystals embedded all over it's body that still glow very dimly, it is alive... but barely.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Demented One's here!
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Melbion frowns, his greatmace lifting slightly out of reflex. Seeing that the obstruction is in fact a warforged, clinging to life, Melbion calls out to the fae.

"Jerro! We have a survivor on board!"

Aasiphan raises his head at the shouting, but does little more than tighten his grip on his own greatmace, scanning the ship more vigilantly as the angel resolves to not let anything surprise him as he defends Kuusij.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot and Listen check for Aasiphan for any sort of surprises.
    Spot: (1d20+23)[39]
    Listen: (1d20+23)[24]

Also, did it take both angels to bring Kuusij up to the ship, or is Garulf with them?

Also, just to clarify: this is a warforged, not a rageforged, correct?
    Last edited by MountainKing; 2008-06-24 at 08:43 AM.
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro's grin pulls over his face as his wings spread and he suddenly dashes off buzzing into the air drawing his dagger: "I don't tolerate survivors.", he says to himself grinning while racing toward the airship.

Spoiler
    Show
    If I happen to be assessing the situation wrong, someone should be telling me before I stab the survivors eye

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

Boater's only.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainKing View Post
    Also, did it take both angels to bring Kuusij up to the ship, or is Garulf with them?

Also, just to clarify: this is a warforged, not a rageforged, correct?
    It only took one angel per person, so both are up there. And there's really no telling if it's a rageforged or not.

Also, I've been informed that I should mention that she has a psionic, ghost-like eye, arm and lower-jaw in hopes that that info would not get the 'forged stabbed.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf, having accompanied Melbion, stared at the warforged skeptically.

"If this being is evil... we may be in danger. Melbion, what are your feelings on the matter?" The angel lowered his greatmace, closing his eyes briefly. When they opened again, they burned with white flame, and the angel directed his gaze at the prone warforged.

Spoiler
    Show
    That would be Melbion using his at will spell-like ability, Detect Evil.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

Melbion only.
    Spoiler
    Show
    You gaze upon the body of the living construct and attempt to make sense of the strings of it's mortal soul to determine if it is wicked, but you do not sense wickedness in it's body or soul.

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Default Requiem

The battered husk of a warforged begins to move suddenly, with jerky, spastic trembling. It begins babbling in an almost emotionless, feminine voice. "Mmm...ngh...don't want to get up...hurt...skull...fire, walk wi..." Her voice lapses into silence, and then she finally gets to her feet.

The warforged is of light, slender construction, with a frame that might be taken for feminine if one had a generous imagination. Her plating is studded with small crystals, glowing with a faint violet light. A larger crystal, a sphere about half a foot in diameter, is embedded in her chest, a crimson light pulsing within it like a heartbeat. Portions of her plating are absent: a strip on her upper arm, a semicircular band around her head, and two slits running down the back of each leg. In these gaps, crystal tubing can be seen, full of alchemic fluids and organic reagents. While an unusual design feature, the deep crystal the tubes are made of is as hard as steel.

In addition, the warforged is clearly damaged. Its body is covered with scratches and burns, appearing to have been ravaged. In addition, its right arm, left eye, and lower jaw are all gone, apparently ripped off, but in there place, a fluid, pseudo-organic shadow seems to have fused to the warforged, forming an artificial prosthesis.

"Who...who are all you?" the warforged asks, very confused. Her voice is no longer the same emotionless monotone it was when she first awoke. "I was just outside Donne's Wych, and then the mists came...did you rescue me?" The warforged stoops down to pick up her spear, then stands back up, using the shortspear like a walking stick to prop herself of. "If so, then you have my thanks. My name, by the by, is Requiem."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

The fires in Melbion's eyes extinguish, and the angel looks to Garulf, shaking his head, his face no longer pensive. The Fist could sense that Melbion had relaxed slightly; this warforged was no villain...

...then it began to speak. The Fist watched in surprise as it rose, and immediately reached out to assist it, even as it righted itself with its shortspear.

"My name is Garulf, servant of Aeomon, acolyte of the Gentle Fist. This is Melbion, one of two servants sent to aid me in a greater deed; the other is Aasiphan, who remained with our companion Kuusij, who is presently attempting to see if he cannot pilot this... ship," the drone of insectile wings filled the air, "And that, would be Jerro." The Fist looked to the apparently eager fae with an expression that clearly said Please, no more killing. It is not necessary. The Fist then continued.

"We are attempting to relocate a number of refugees to a safer location, but the going below on the ground is fraught with danger... we have already lost many to the predators of the mists... we hoped to take this vessel, as it seemed nobody remained alive on it, and use it to transport the people."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

"I see. If you would, let me assist you. Despite the state you found me in, I would assure you my talents are well-suited to such ventures through the mists. I would be fully loath to allow you to rescue me without at least helping you do the same for others."
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

The blue skinned insectile elf musters the warforged, while his jagged dagger dances between his fingers. Then it suddenly ends its dance with a swift hop back into its sheath. He then spreads his arms with his grin growing seemingly even wider:
    "Welcome aboard my new airship, the Moonbeak!"

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

"Jerro..." Garulf started, but he otherwise held his tongue. Nobody had claim to this ship, and the Fist didn't like it to begin with, but... if the fae wanted it, the Fist would not prevent him, so long as he intended to help the refugees. He answers the likely to come questioning of his speaking with nothing more than a shake of the head, as if to say "Nevermind," before turning to Requiem.

"Your help would be greatly appreciated... especially if you can pilot this vessel."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

"I am afraid I have no skill at piloting." Requiem confesses, with evident embarrassment. "However...if you have the remains of someone who knew how to, I might be able to work it out. I...understand the dead rather well."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

Kuusij continues trying to make sense of the airship's controls, unused to all the symbols and devices he's basically winging it. Soon, though, there is a loud rumbling sound as the fire elemental encircling the ship springs to life and the ship shutters and begins to move slowly.

"...Yae might need tae get over haer now... I don't knaw how to pilot this thing." The sounds of unnatural shrieking begin to become apparent outside the ship.
    Last edited by Krimm_Blackleaf; 2008-06-26 at 07:18 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem heads over to the helm, and looks on moderately helplessly. "I regret to say that I cannot assist you unless this ship's former captain happens to be on board. I could access his knowledge and steer the ship, but without his corpse, I would be just as impotent as you."

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Garulf had followed Requiem, Melbion remaining on the deck, still keeping an eye out for trouble.

"Requiem, none of us are originally from this ship... if you were, then you'll need to find the captain, and quic-" the Fist is interrupted by the shrieks from without.

"...haste, Requiem. Kuusij, Aasiphan; I think we have trouble." With that, the Fist strode from the cabin, rejoining Melbion on the deck with at least Aasiphan in tow.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Am I just chilling on the ground right now?
    The Bear is Back.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by purepolarpanzer View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Am I just chilling on the ground right now?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, but feel free to post something if you want, even if it's just fluff. Sorry if you feel uninvolved, I kinda planned this not too well.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

"Ah. That's rather a hurdle." Requiem takes a look around for any nearby corpses - any one will do. She thinks she has a way to find the former captain.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Kuusij begins to grow thicker hair and grows somewhat in size, baring his sharp, yellow teeth. "Be quick, crankshaft! Thaere isn't much time!! I'm raedy to fight!"
    He seems twitchy and ready to strike something with either his natural weapons and bone cutlery. He inhales through his nose every few seconds, smelling creatures nearby.

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

"Kuusij, is it those bird-like monsters from before? Or is this some new horror?" The Fist stood tall, hands at his sides, outwardly relaxed, though inwardly his mind was tensed like a thousand springs. Melbion and Aasiphan stood at his sides, the leather grips of their greatmaces creaking slightly as they adjusted their holds on their weapons.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

The silhouette of the man came through the thick mist to meet the group of followers. Just like everyone else who lived here. He looked battered, and tired from years of living on this wretched island.

His eyes pierced the crowd as he approached. Taking down his hood revealed long, dirty, knotted brown hair. Further revealing by taking down his neck gaiter showed the large scruffy beard that adorned his face. One couldn't help ,but notice the strange cloak he wore. It was covered in many shades of brown, and green. Approaching the group, he looked around. Then one looked down to notice the ends of the swords at his hips. He was not just any traveler, that was easy to tell.

"Oi! Who har is leadin ye folk?" He questioned as he looked around for any form of leadership.
    Last edited by Troub; 2008-06-27 at 10:11 AM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Jerro draws his dagger: "Don't worry those creatures are not really a threat.", he points to the dead bird at the front end of the ship with the severed wing lying over the remains of what seems to be a human body. "I took that one out with ease. Can still take a few more. I just wish they were a little more... consistent."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

"Smells the saeme as the ones from before, but maeny more..." Kuusij is looking more and more bloodthirsty by the second.

----

A somewhat stressed looking shifter comes up and greets the newcomer with a gentle nod in his direction, "I am father Tassik, and these few are whom I am trying to reach safer shores. Who might you be?"

Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

"We will do whatever is necessary to protect this ship, then; taking control of this vessel is vital to the safety of the villagers. Jerro, would you be comfortable with taking Aasiphan and Melbion and circling the ship? We three will continue to search for a means of piloting it; perhaps a patrol will give us more time." Garulf looked back at Requiem.

"Requiem, do you remember what the captain looked like?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking at the shifter curiously. He didn't know their presence was still here. It had been almost a year since he had seen the last one.

"[My name is... Dak." He said with a slow pause. Pondering whether to give a real name or a fake one.

"Why has tha' tree passed?"
    He questioned, seemingly not knowing the reason. He knew only that the spirit was no longer there.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since my character is a former Lord in these lands, are people allowed to make a Lore check to see if they can figure out who my character is?
    Last edited by Troub; 2008-06-27 at 10:58 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

"I will do it." Jerro answers searching the fog for the abberant birds. "I have a question. Does anyone of you know, what these creatures are? Demons? Devils? Or are these creatures native to our own world?"

27. - Top - End - #267
    Troll in the Playground

"I never knew the captain. Now, if we could find the corpse of someone who did, I could ask them. Where are the dead bodies kept on this boat?" Requiem asks, with no humor.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    They're pretty well scattered all over the place.
    DM HINT: Check around the wheel.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Orc in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Kasang

Kasang's patrol took him past the stranger. Turning he shruged.
    Everything passes eventually. It would seem the Dryad's time was up."

"I would suggest keeping close to everyone else. You look capable enough. But we have been having a bit of trouble with the local Fauna. No reason to take unneacasarry risks."

30. - Top - End - #270
    Troll in the Playground

Requiem goes over and picks up the corpse nearest to her, too impatient now to spend time looking for which one is the captain. She lifts it up into the air, and stares into its glassy eyes. "Deadman, there is need of you." she says softly, almost a growl. "My first question for you: Do you know where the body of this ship's captain is?"

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Using spiritspeech on the corpse.
    Last edited by The Demented One; 2008-06-29 at 01:40 AM.