New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

A small metal ball appears before you, either by magic or some other means, as you study and investigate what this could possibly be. It begins to open itself up and speak to you.

Your Presence has been requested to come to the Bloodied Kobold Inn in Tilverton, In the Providence of Cormyr. Upon Arriving at the inn show this item to the innkeeper behind the bar. Your assistance in helping right this wrong will be greatly appreciated.

At that point the ball closes back up, and falls to the ground at your feet. As you pick it up, you definately feel a pull towards the direction of Tilverton

OOC: Do anything you want to do while you are heading there, basically 1 introductory post. Your thoughts and feeligs about the ball you recieved, and what you are doing because of it.

I will try to let everyone post once, and the story will move on once that happens, or on wednesday. what ever comes first.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

Andreas Melot - Hellbred Spellthief

Andreas nods once at the small object, throwing his cloak about his shoulders to partially conceal his appearance from casual observers and setting out to find this Inn. Before he has a chance to ask for directions he notices the tug from the item.

"Fortuitous."

And he begins walking at a much quicker pace in the direction of the pull.
    Last edited by SamTheCleric; 2008-04-21 at 04:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith - Moon Elf Druid

“Well Lylas, what do you suppose we got ourselves in to?” She posed the question to her lupine friend in elven while they stopped for a rest. The wolf looked up at her and tilted his head. “You’re not the only one Lylas, that much I know.”

The trip was fairly uneventful to Tilverton and for the most part, Saevanna stayed in her wolven form as long as she could for most of the days traveling. They passed by a few orcs, goblins or other similar creatures along the way, but they usually left the two ‘animals’ alone.

“You better stay here while I go inside, Lylas. You may frighten a few people.” The elven bent down to give the animal a hug, “I’ll be back soon.”

Saevanna broke the cover the wood and entered the town to find the Bloody Kobold Inn. “With the Leaflord’s armour, I’ll probably spook them enough as is.”
    Last edited by Xerah; 2008-04-21 at 04:07 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4

@Andreas Melot

While walking through the village of Tilverton, you definately notice alot of people looking at you. Quite a few times you meet eyes with someone, and upon doing so, they turn tail and run in the opposite direction. Though people are cautious of you, no one really comes up and approaches you, guards included, they just all seem to avoid your area.

Walking into the Bloodied Kobald, you see a middle aged man standing behind the bar. Human, prolly early 40's, maybe late 30's, Greying hair, long and in a pony tail. He looks up at your direction, only unlike everyone you have seen before, he doesn't give you a second notice.

As you approach the bar, he brings out a small piece of paper, glancing at it, and then back at you, he finally speaks. Andreas Melot, I assume? Not many could be mistaken for you. Before you even have a chance to speak, he motions towards the wall behind him, and it begins to open Go Ahead and head on in, your the first to arrive.

Behind the wall, you find a rather short hallway that leads to a larger room. In that room there is a large round table with 10 chairs.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-04-21 at 04:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

5. - Top - End - #5

@Saevanna Amalith

Walking into Tilverton, you notice right off the bat, it's not like any city you have really visited, it looks more like a fortress. Walking through the streets, you don't even see any extra glances thrown your way. As you look around, you notice several groups of adventurers milling about and wandering the streets.

As you Walk into the Bloodied Kobold, you see a middle aged man standing behind the bar. Human, prolly early 40's, maybe late 30's, Greying hair, long and in a pony tail. He glances at you, and back down at a sheet of notes he has on the bar. Hrm..., he starts to shuffle the notes, and pays no mind to you, Figured you would be bringing your friend with you. I am guessing your Saevanna Amalith? Yes, yes, you have to be. the complexion of your skin, and the way you carry yourself says so.

Pondering how this man knows so much about you, since you have never meet him, and never really been down in this area, as you begin to react he cuts you off. Back there, he motions to the wall to the side of the bar and it starts to slide open. Your not the first here, but don't be to startled by the other person back there, He may look a little attrotious but looks can be deceiving.
    Last edited by stupnick; 2008-04-21 at 04:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride-- Human Ranger and Sul--Hawk Companion (white, besides that your average hawk)

Garret eyes the mysterious hovering ball, then with a shrug pokes it with an arrow. After hearing the message, he glances at Sul with another shrug proceeds towards Tilverton. "Well, Shaundakul was never one for subtlety..."

After a few nights journey he arrives in Tilverton, and after asking a few locals he manages to find the Bloodied Kobold. With Sul still perched on his shoulder he enters the tavern..
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

7. - Top - End - #7

Hammertouch - Goliath Barbarian

Lo-Vin Hammertouch Thuliaga holds the tiny sphere in his hand, it's insistent tugging guiding his steps. It's been a week that he has been following it's direction and this is the first time since he set out from his new tribe in the mountains that his steps have held any purpose. Taking a voluntary exile for the Kalloukia tribe was no particular surprise to any of the goliaths who know him. The wanderlust had always been strong in him, always one of the first to be ready to move along, higher into the mountains in summer, lower to the meadows in winter. He had taken upon himself a journey of discovery, so far months long, that had lead him in for no particular reason to the lowlands.

With an long, easy stride Hammertouch approaches the town apparently known as Tilverton. The hedgerow along the side of the road doing nothing to hide the town from view due to his prodigious height. Standing over seven and a half feet tall his bright blue eyes eagerly drink in the next wondrous sight over the top of the hedgerow. The lowlands have been fascinating. Hammertouch adjusts his hammer across his back before he arrives at the gates, it's never a good idea to be holding a weapon while trying to gain entry to a town he's learned. He smiles, showing off his bright teeth as he reaches the gate.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mo'riasti Tan-ormen, human cleric of Mystra

Mo'riasti was, as usual, casually uncomfortable and lost in his studies. Rummaging in a old scroll shop he had found something that looked interesting, and with a grunt he folded his slender legs and sat on the floor while he perused a grimy old scroll tied with a bit of ribbon.

He felt a presence near him and began to speak. "I say, did you know that at one time there was a school of thought that all birds were born -- Oh!" He pried himself off the floor and stared at the sphere floating before him. "What? What! What?" Astonished at the summons, he picked up the thing and began to peer at it, muttering to himself, "Ingenious." He stuffed it into his pouch and began to gather his things, suddenly noticing the clerk covertly watching him.

"Bother! What are you looking at?" Mo' snarled,"Here, you, I won't be buying this after all." He swirled his cloak around his shoulders and stalked out, following the pull of the sphere.

9. - Top - End - #9

@Garret Longstride

The whole way as you traveled to Tilverton you feel the pull of the small metal ball in your pouch/pocket. Arriving at the border to the town, you feel the pull getting stronger and more directional. As you go to start asking directions, each time you stop the pull strengthens, as if it doesn't want you to talk to anyone.

Opening the door to the Blooded Kobold, almost instantaneously, a piece of raw meat goes flying by your eyes and lands in Sul's mouth. Kinda stumped at how that happened, you look up to see the innkeeper smiling. A human in his early 40's, maybe late 30's, looks at you with a grin Nice catch Sul, Well, Garret there are a few people already here, just go on back and have a seat.

And with that the wall next to the bar slides open, and a hallway is visible.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

10. - Top - End - #10

@Hammertouch

Reaching the game, the two guards, try to avoid eye contact with you at all costs. Goliaths are known down in these parts at all. Most stay in the mountains to the far north. As you are following the directions of the small metal object you do see a few dwarves milling about town, and upon seeing you, and your obvious hammer on your back, each one salutes you and bows.

Finally arriving at the Bloodied Kobold, you duck to enter the building. The man behind the bar, has a rather large smirk on his face as he sees you. I wondered what a Goliath looked like, Well Hammertouch, hope you were well accepted at the gates, and the guards didn't give you to much trouble. He kind of snickers at that point. Well... if you want to head on back to the meeting room, it's starting to fill up. Make sure you take the larger chain in there, that is a little thicker in the legs, as i don't want to have to replace them, they get expensive.

You see as he motions, The wall to the side of the bar slides open revealing a long hallway.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

11. - Top - End - #11

@Mo'riasti Tan-ormen

Arriving at the town of Tilverton, the first thing you notice, is it's a rather frontier town. All sorts of people milling about, Elves, Dwarves, Humans, Gnomes, and all sorts of gods represented on there chests. Although there are no temples of Mystra here in town, you would assume at least 1-2 others you have seen also worship her.

Following the beckon of the sphere, you arrive at the Inn, afore mentioned. Opening the door, you see a human male behind the bar. As you enter he pulls out a mug and plate and hands them to you. Mo'riasti, may Mystra watch over us. Enjoy this food and drink, and please go back to the meeting room. It's through that wall here, and as he motions it begins to slide open. Enjoy yourself, and if you desire more food or drink, just ask.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas stands in the corner of the room, attempting to partially conceal himself in the darkness around him, in hopes of not scaring off the people who are to join him. As each enters the room, he silently appraises them with his haunting raptor gaze.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hide Check
    (1d20+3)[19]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride---Human Ranger
    With a raised eyebrow and a slight nod he enters the hallway. He enters the room nods at those present and takes a seat facing the door. After a short appraisal of Saevanna he asks, "Are you a nature priest of some sort?"

OOC:Forgive the rude question, but charisma and all...

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-21 at 06:27 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #14

Unfortunately for you Andreas, there really is no where to hide. picture a 30x20 room, 1 door, a table in the center, and there are permanent heatless torches lining the wall and a few "candles" of them on the table.
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Well then, I look I'm -trying- to hide in the corner, no matter how ineffective.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

As the Elf entered the room, it was clear that she appeared somewhat nervous. Trying to hide her composure, she takes a seat and scans the other nine chairs in the room. “I thought the man said I wasn’t the first…” the woman said to herself in elven. She didn't bother searching the corners as the door opened again.

It was a human who entered the room but she stayed quiet for a moment. He must have meant this human. She shivered slightly as man examined her as if some kind of meal. “Yes, I –“. As she started to reply to him, she realized she was speaking elven. With a slight cough to clear her throat, she responded again in common. “Please have my apologies, I am not accustom to speaking common. And, yes, one could call me a ‘nature priest of some sort’. I am Saevanna Amalith, druid of the Leaflord and I am going to guess that you have no idea why you’re here either?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride--Human Ranger
    "You've got that right. I'm sort of following a whim," he glances at Sul, "but I don't need much of an excuse to take a journey of any sort. With that said, I'm Garret and this is Sul, my latest whim.". Glancing at the shadowed figure in the corner Garret suggest, "Why don't you join us, friend?"
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-21 at 06:29 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas exhales quickly, as though he is giving in to the request with protest, lowering his hood to reveal his smooth red skin, crimson eyes and horns.

"As you wish." he says, taking the seat exactly between the two.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna pushed her black braided hair behind her ears as she finally took notice of the red creature in the back of the room. After starting to open her mouth, she quickly shut it. Asking any kind of questions about his appearance may be rude...or deadly...

She waited a few more moments before opening her mouth again. “If you didn’t hear before, I’m Saevanna. Am I to assume that you also received one of these metal balls?” As she was speaking, she removed the ball from her sashling and placed it on the table. Despite his appearance, a warm smile moved across her lips as she looked over at him.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas locks eyes with the druid for just a moment giving a brief nod, then turns his attention to the door to continue to appraise the arriving masses.

21. - Top - End - #21

Hammertouch flashes his toothy grin at the greying human behind the bar and ducks again to enter the passageway. Reaching the end he is able to stand straight. He steps into the room and looks around. He takes a huge hammer and longbow from his back and leans them against the wall behind the largest chair in the room. He pulls the chair out and sits at the table, placing his large hands in front of him. He looks around the table with a smile and says in a deep gravely voice, "My name is Lo-Vin Hammertouch Thuliaga. Please call me Hammertouch.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride-- Human Ranger
    Glancing at the redskinned creature and the large grey skinned creature Garret comments to Sul, "Well, it seems we will at least have some interesting companions on this journey." Garret rummages in his pack a moment before dropping the small metal sphere on the table, "I'm assuming we all have these?"
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #23

Hammertouch nods gravely and opens his fist dropping the tiny sphere onto the table in front of him.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'iasti Tan-ormen, human cleric of Mystra

When the door appeared, Mor'iasti smiled and walked forward. He stopped at the first empty chair and set down mug and plate. Seating himself, he nodded at the others and took a deep draught of the mug.

Wiping his mouth with a napkin, he burped slightly and muttered quietly, "Excuse me." He gazed around the room, staring at everyone in turn, stopping just short of outright rudeness -- or perhaps in some cases not soon enough. He cocked his head to the side rather like a curious cat and slowly looked Andreus up and down. "Have I heard of you? I am Mor'iasti Tan-ormen, a devoted student of the Mistress of Magic." Mor' looked around the room and laughed. "At the least we are an interesting group. Did the innkeep know you by name when you came here?" He suddenly realized that he seemed to be the only one eating. "Apparently someone is fattening me up for some reason. I can only hope I'll enjoy it," he said, stuffing a forkful in his mouth.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari Lindar – Elf Rogue (looks like a woodsman as far as you can tell)

Standing motionless in the woods, Telari takes careful aim at the deer drinking by the stream. His is bow made of a wood so dark it’s nearly black is inset with silver workings that glow faintly and seem to shift, at one moment looking like starts, the next like some form of elven script. The gray goose feathers whisper against his cheek and the horrific burns that have covered his neck and head. No hair grows on the right side of his skull and those with the stomach to look would notice that where they would expect the up swept ear of one of his race his only the slightest remains of an ear.

Breathing in slowly he is about to release the bow when he notices some thing amiss in the forest and turns to face it. Scanning the brush he looks for the foe that would soon regret the attempt to sneak up on him. Hearing the deer take flight he curses as he notices the small sphere floating towards. As it begins to speak he lowers the bow and removes the arrow flipping it back into the quiver slung across his back.

As the message finishes he catches it almost before it begins it’s decent and studies it for a few moments noticing the compulsion to be moving.

Well thish is interesting ” the slight lisp in his voice is in stark contrast to its melodious tone. “Well I was heading in that direcshion anyway and the Bloodied Kobold sounds as good an inn as any other. Who knows the creator of this device may know something about the curse.

Swinging the bow to his shoulder and picking up the brace of rabbits from his snares the night before Telari begins to move, his flowing gait and sure feet easing his way through the tangled undergrowth.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

"It is possible, devoted of Mystra. I would not be suprised that she may grant you insight. Perhaps salvation is at hand at last." He says cryptically, absently brushing his fingers across the holy symbol at his chest.

"We were summoned. Why?"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride--Human Ranger
    "I don't know what attracted such attention, I was following a sign from Shaundakul when I happened upon the orb or it happened upon me as it were."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

@Telari Lindar

As you approach Tilverton, still somewhat aggitated that you didn't get the kill you were going for, you see that that the town is filled with those almost just like you. Adventurers looking for a place to belong, looking for answers, looking for others like them.

Arriving at the Bloodied Kobold you open the door and notice an aging human standing behind the counter. As you enter, before you are even able to get a word out, he begins to speak, Ah Telari, one of the last few to arrive, but most very important, according to my notes. Well before i take to much of your attention, please head into the door here.

And with a motion the wall slides open and a pathway exists behind it
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari Lindar – Elf Rogue (Woodsman)

Nodding to the barman Telari walks down the passageway and hearing voices he taps gently at the door before swinging it open.

He pauses for a moment, despite the depths of his hood he appears to be scanning the group. He is dressed in clothes that have seen a great many miles of travel but are well cared for none the less and the Starbow is slung across his back. The battered looking sheath of the short sword hanging at his hip and the hilts of knives visible at the top of his long boots suggest a life of hardship and challenge. He starts a little on seeing the Goliath and the as he looks at Andreas his hand jerks towards his blade then relaxes.

Pulling back his hood without concern for the groups reaction, he takes the sphere from a pouch on his belt beside which hang two gutted rabbits. He rolls it across the back of his hand then flicks it to balance on the tips of his fingers for a moment, then places it on the table.

I guesh I was not the only one to receive this curious summons
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

"Don't thank me, but thank Kossuth, for it was his power that has granted me the strength to help you."
    The boy gives Bilken a strange look and then runs away. On the ground an orc lay dead. Bilken watches as the boy returns to town and then starts walking in the opposite direction.

Shortly thereafter the metal ball appears. Bilken watches it drop to the ground, and then looks up.

"Kossuth, is this what I'm here for? Is this my purpose?"
    he picks up the ball and feels the tug towards Tilverton. Then his eyes glow bright red for a brief moment and a grin breaks out on his face.

Finally he starts to make his way to the Bloodied Kobold, his spiked chain clinking against his armor as he walked.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul