New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Cormyr Forgotten Realms Game

Telari - Elf Rogue

Nodding to Rabbit Telari waves to the first arrow.

"My first shot went wide, damn human fletchers can't make decent arrows. Still the second was a clean strike. He didn't have much on him, clearly he was keeping watch for a larger group. Any chance you can read this?"

Passing the note to Rabbit Telari puts the few gold in his pouch and the dagger in his pack.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

2. - Top - End - #152
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret Longstride--Human Ranger
    Garret approaches the two searching the dead orc, "That was a good shot Telari," he then explains what he has found to the group.

"I think we should follow the heavy laden cart, it most likely has the rugs and any survivors with it."
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-29 at 12:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The great avatar of Wyven and Newt by Mephibosheth

3. - Top - End - #153
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'iasti Tan-ormen, Cleric of Mystra

Quote Originally Posted by Diarmuid View Post
    Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

Rabbit seemed more than happy to oblige Mor's curiosity,

Telepathy with Mor
    Spoiler
    Show

"The ability to speak without sound is something all of my people have the ability to do. We also can communicate verbally, but I was given a vow of silence by my village elder when he sent me on my Ritual of Change. My wanderlust and short attention span were deemed…inappropriate and as a penance my voice was taken from me. So now I am on a journey to sate my thirst for adventure and exploration. Once I have satisfied these needs, I will once again find my voice and be able to return home. As for the magic, it is a skill I was taught by my first mentor. If one harnesses the power of a higher tier spell, and channels it into a lesser spell you can circumvent some of the normal components required in the casting. In this manner, I avoid the necessary verbal components most spells require. Also, if one devotes significant extra study to a particular school of magic it is possible to master the art of ignoring these components without needing to harness extra energy. But this is an advances technique that took me many years to master."

After this, he pats the rod at his side under his belt and winks,

"I have also been able to acquire magical items that help replicate this method of casting."

"Ah," said Mor' with a mixture of satisfaction and disappointment. "I see. I use similar techniques to allow my spells greater power. I had hoped that perhaps you or your people knew another method, one with less cost to it. Oh, well."

Mor' continued to travel, enjoying the trip and watching the antics of his colleagues until he came to the site of the ambush.

Mor'asti hissed in dismay at the sight of the destruction. He made a quick survey to see if he could spot the center of the chaos. Picking a spot which would have most, if not all of the wreckage in the area of effect, he called upon the gift of his mistress to allow him to see the power that is Magic.

Spellcraft DC 14
    Spoiler
    Show
    Detect Magic.
    Question: house rules differ on this one. Can he turn his focus while he scans? In that case he would pick a spot and slowly rotate, stopping if he actually detects magic to concentrate on the details. Duration 6 min

Once finished studying any magical auras, and the items that produced them, the priest began sifting through the wreckage for any clues, whipping out his magnifying glass to take a closer look at anything particularly interesting. Something had turned a wagon and an indeterminate number of persons into bits of trash, but what was it? Further, he began a systematic attempt to identify the number and races of the dead. One? Two? More? Human? Elven? One large wagon? Several small carts? Horse drawn? Mules? Manpower?

He looked for size of timbers used, any wheels or axle hardware, harness leathers, etc., to guage the wagons. He also looked for any clues to the cargo carried, especially to confirm or deny if this was the missing caravan.

Mor'iasti crouched on his heels and looked over the wreckage. In a distracted voice he asked, "Garrett, did you see any animal tracks? Do we know if they had any animals pulling this wagon, or was it manpowered?"

He then turned to the bodies, and began to gather the pieces for burial, looking at each carefully for evidence as he did so. He also mentally counted off body parts: heads, hands, feet, etc. Once done, he began to prepare the service for the dead, trusting to someone else to have a shovel and begin digging a grave.

Mor' never noticed the excitement with the orc scout, as he was too intent on the task as hand to look up.

Spoiler
    Show

Search: (d20+5)[18]
    Spot: (d20+3)[8]
    Listen: (d20+3)[15]
    Knowledge? (see OOC)

4. - Top - End - #154
    Dwarf in the Playground

Bilken Dessum - Fire Genasi Fighter/Favored Soul

Bilken follows the group to the dead orc, ready to initiate battle. He slows down to a trot as he realizes that the danger is already averted. He looks in the direction that the Orc was facing.

"I agree,"
    he says to Garret, "Let us hurry before this Orc's friends start to wonder where he is."
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Martoss Krumder, Dwarven Cleric of Wee Jas
    Gorm, Goblin Barbarian//Scout
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue
    Jin Durann, Tiefling Fighter
    Bilken Dessum, Fire Genasi Fighter//Favored Soul

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hammertouch - Goliath Barbarian

Hammertouch follows the group to investigate the tussle and the dead scout. He nods his agreement with the plan to follow the tracks right away.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
    Mor'iasti Tan-ormen, Cleric of Mystra
    Mor'iasti crouched on his heels and looked over the wreckage. In a distracted voice he asked, "Garrett, did you see any animal tracks? Do we know if they had any animals pulling this wagon, or was it manpowered?"
    "It wasn't being pulled by any beasts, it seems it was pulled by humanoids so they couldn't of gotten far."
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-04-29 at 04:13 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Dwarf in the Playground

Telari - Elf Scout

Moving away from the corpse as the others approach Telari looks towards the ambush sight. Seeing Mor'iasti working with the bodies Telari walks over.

"An unpleasant way to die and if this wasn't orcish brutality after they had been slain, something far stronger than the average orc hit them. I know that in general your people place far more importance over the bodies of the dead than my own, but at most a quick cairn is all we can afford to give them. I killed a scout" Telari waves to where the others are gathered "and while orcs are not known for their discipline he will be missed or replaced at some point."
    Last edited by Saihyol; 2008-04-29 at 06:06 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Telari - Elven Woodsman - Accepted to Stupnick's Cormyr Forgotten Realms

Segan - Human Sorcerer Priest - Accepted to NeonBlack's Barrow of the Forgotten King

Gorlang - Goblin Cleric - Accepted to Dragonprime's Goblins!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna Amalith – Moon Elf, Druid

After barking a few times, Lylas took off into the woods after the orc. Saevanna, with the others, followed him into the woods and came upon Telari. She smiled slightly after seeing the elf had already stopped the threat. “Solonor himself would have been pleased with that shot, mellonamin.” Lylas imediatly went over to the dead orc and picked up its scent.

Spoiler
    Show

Spot - (1d20+8)[27]
    Listen - (1d20+8)[24]
    Inititave - (1d20+2)[4]
    Characters:
    Laurel Evenwood - Human Ranger of Ehlonna - The Red Hand of Doom

9. - Top - End - #159
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

Ash nods slowly at Mor' and Garret's exchange, then adds, "Hmm ... true, although I'd be wary of something larger than orcs dragging those carts, judging by the way these poor souls were brutally killed. I'd wager we might have something like Ogres to tackle as well, alliances between the two are not unknown. Either way, we'd best get a move on and catch them."
    Last edited by Penril; 2008-04-30 at 02:07 AM.
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit - Ghostwise Halfling Wizard

Rabbit chews his lip thoughtfully as most of the group moves to the dead orc's position and discusses moving along. Standing up on his tiptoes, he counts heads and notes a couple of people missing.

Telepathy with Hammertouch
    Spoiler
    Show

"It's probably a good idea to follow now, but I see that Mor also has something that needs to be done. These other fellows seem better suited to sneaking up on some orcs than us, and I'm betting holes would get dug a lot faster with you and me helping. Maybe you can ask them go follow the tracks, and we can catch up to them after we help Mor with the fallen."

Compassion is welling deep in the silent halfling's face as his thoughts are sent to the Goliath.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas Melot - Hellbred Spellthief

Andreas looks to the horizon, then down to each of his companions and finally to the dead. Noting that Mor is the only one performing last rights he begins to move things around, loading the parts of the bodies onto the cart.

"No time to bury them properly. It would be best if we burned the cart and bodies, we wouldn't want all of this to be seen by any passer by."

12. - Top - End - #162

with Mor'iasti busy doing funeral rights on the bodies, he misses seeing everyone walk away from him, and north towards Garrett. Realizing they left the Cleric along, Rabbit heads back to assist him with the burials.

Andreas not seeming in his right mind suggests loading them on the cart and burying them at a later time, Although when he looks around, there isn't a cart here.

With everyone else suggesting to head on, as time is of the importance, Mor'iasti and Rabbit suggest they are going to stay back to bury the dead.

all
    Spoiler
    Show

i need a count on who's staying behind, and on who's heading on.

atm everyone is going forward but those two.

also are you doing normal tracking or rushed tracking, remember normal is 1/2 speed.
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

Seeing Mor'iasti and Rabbit hanging back to bury the dead, Bilken decides to stay and assist with the digging.

"You all go on ahead. We'll follow you soon."
    Bilken then takes out one of his wands. After a short magical flourish he summons a celestial badger and orders it to start digging. A short while after it disappears he summons another and has it continue where the other left off.

Spoiler
    Show
    I realize the badgers don't last too long and as such this isn't the best method to dig, but I wanted to anyways =P. Bilken will only use up fifteen charges before he finishes the work himself.
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

14. - Top - End - #164
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I said burn the bodies on the wreckage. Not bury them later... When you said wreckage, I assumed you meant wreckage of a cart/carriage...

15. - Top - End - #165
    Dwarf in the Playground

Garret returns to the wreckage and mutters a quick prayer for the dead, but he leaves the burial detail to the others.

"I'm going follow the trail of the orc scout, I'll be tracking so anyone staying behind shouldn't have any trouble catching up with me. So whoever wants to come lets move out, silently if you can. Good luck and hopefully see everyone soon."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #166
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna noded to Garret. “That sounds like a great idea. I’ll stay behind and help with the others and Lylas and myself will be able to track your path. Quel marth, Garret.” [Good luck in elven]. “Come Lylas, we need to return to the wreckage,” she said to her wolven friend in elven as they turned back towards the road.

When they arrived back at the road, Saevanna said a quick prayer to the Leaflord then helped with the cleanup however they wished it to be done.
    Characters:

17. - Top - End - #167

"You are right Rabbit, I will help bury the dead." Hammertouch responds to the telepathic message from Rabbit. He heads back to join the burial detail since he is not particularly stealthy anyway, there's no point in putting the tracking party in jeopardy.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'iasti, Cleric of Mystra

Realizing that time was a concern, Mor'iasti worked quickly to prepare the pieces of body. He looked over at Andreas and commented, "If the goal is to hide the scene, burying the pieces would be far more effective than building a fire, even if we had the spare wood. I suggest two graves, one for the slain and one for whatever 'evidence' of the ambush you wish us to conceal. I will give a short service, and not wait for the moonrise to welcome them. I am sure My Lady will understand the urgency." Mor'iasti gave a slight grimace of embarassment and quickly shed his armor, preparatory to donning the vestments he carried with him at all times.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ten minute service at most.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnome Archvist

Sure that there is not much left for her to do here, having paid her respects and confident that the poor souls will have a decent enough burial, Ash annouces that she will accompany Garret in tracking the scout and hurries quickly and quietly after him. "Lead the way, I'll keep a look out for trouble"
    I am but a woman who has sorely... soarly? Soarly missed her beloved creation. Some have named me crone, gray lady, Yaga sister, night hag -- but MYSELF is my name, Ravel, Ravel who puzzles well, providing conundrums to decipher and laying impossibilities low!
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:
    Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori Cthulhu-esque modern adventure of mystery and intrigue set in the 1920's

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

After looking at the Cleric inquisitively, he nods once before falling in behind Garret and activating Detect Magic.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Garret is moving at half speed, I will maintain concentration on detect magic and move with him

21. - Top - End - #171

As Ash, Garret, Andreas, and Telari proceed to head off on the trail following the orc. Moving at half speed and keeping an eye on the surroundings you are pretty sure you will get the jump on them before they get the jump on you.

Telari trailed behind and to the side of the small group, as if to keep an eye on them.

Everyone else stayed behind to assist and participate in the funeral arrangements of the victims. After 10 minutes, you prepare to head out and begin to catch up. Upon leaving it seems rather easy to catch up as Garret has left trail markins for you to follow. After 20 minutes of walking you are approached by Telari

We will keep the trail markings up, try to stay a little behind them, that way we can try to get the jump on anyone we find.

and with that he fades back into the bushes. Slowing your pace to half speed you travel the rest of the day following the markings, and finally catch back up with the group at a spot found for camp.

all
    Spoiler
    Show
    everyone roll me 4 d20's and go about your night, set up watches and rp it up...
    Never come between a Dwarf and his Ale
    Spoiler
    Show

Made by Arokh

Character Sheets
    Spoiler
    Show

Arzeal
    Shylain
    Halia
    Krannin

Arena Characters
    Cyn
    Fannir

Awesome Runic Dwarf Avatar by Bayar

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Andreas looks over the camp, assessing the perimeter.

"I will take watch in the middle of the night. Those of you who can't see well in the dark best take watch now or at first light." He then finds the best place to watch the entire camp as well as its surroundings, and lays down to sleep there, without so much as a bedroll or tent.

Spoiler
    Show

(4d20)[20][13][13][13](59)

23. - Top - End - #173

Hammertouch adds to Andreas' comment "I also see fairly well in the dark so I can take a watch in the deep night"

Spoiler
    Show
    Hammertouch has darkvision 60'/

4 d 20s
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[12]
    (1d20)[6]
    (1d20)[13]

I am not clever enough to state the rolls in one line

24. - Top - End - #174
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I will take a late night shift as well"
    says Bilken, who attempts to find a comfortable spot to put down his things. After he finishes removing his armor he takes out his tools and combs over his spiked chain, ensuring that it is still in top working order before finally settling down to sleep.

Bilken will ask whoever wakes him up to help him don his armor before starting his watch.

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d20)[3][5][4][12](24)
    Characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Van Veranti, Elven Rogue

25. - Top - End - #175
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Mor'iasti

"Well, then I suppose I will take an early shift," said Mor' with a smile. "I don't need much sleep, so I will probably wake early to meditate. I am ... troubled by what we saw today." He turned to Garrett and Telari. "I don't need supper, either. Once I settle the horse down for the night I can start watch. Where do you want me?"

Spoiler
    Show
    (4d20)[6][18][1][7](32)

edit: Well, isn't that special. Something tells me Mor is about to become jullienned cleric
    Last edited by TwoCents; 2008-05-01 at 02:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I'll take first and last watch when there is a bit more light. I don't need much in the way of food, drink, or sleep with my ring. Well, I'm going to watch from a concealed position in the brush, so don't put a arrow in me." With that Garret heads out of camp.
    Spoiler
    Show

(4d20)[8][1][4][10](23)
    I'll take 20 (or 10 if 20 isn't possible) on hide in whatever cover is available . I'm trying to position myself between the camp and the direction the Orc came from in case they decide to send someone looking for the dead scout. Also Garret will sleep in his armor.
    EDIT: this dice roller hates me... thats why I try to take 10 on everything lol
    Last edited by Rapida; 2008-05-01 at 02:48 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saevanna nodded to the group as she moved towards a nearby tree. “I wouldn’t mind taking a short rest. Just wake me up if you feel you need to be relieved. And remember, staying up all night because you’re stubborn to ask for help isn’t proving your strength, just that we can’t trust that you’ll stay away all day – but I’m sure everyone knows that. ” She looked back and flashed a smile before continuing to the tree.

“Come Lylas, it is time to rest.” The wolf was quick to follow and curled up in a ball at the base of the tree. Saevanna laid her head on top of his stomach and drifted off to reverie.

Spoiler
    Show

I’m going to start using a different colour for speaking in elven, Lime

Spell changes:
    Purify food and water to Dawn
    Wall of Smoke to Rapid burrowing
    Woodwose to Entangle
    Barkskin to snake’s swiftness, mass
    Briar web to Flame blade
    Vine mine to Plant growth

Use a [rollv] to have each roll display.

[roll0]

[rollv]4d20[/rollv]
    Last edited by Xerah; 2008-05-01 at 07:23 PM.
    Characters:

28. - Top - End - #178
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash Mythseeker - Whisper Gnome Archivist

"I'm happy to watch at any time, though I'd like a little time to flick through my texts before it gets too dark."

Ash unrolls her bed roll and sits, cross-legged in the middle of it. She then pulls out several books from her bag and flicks through the pages, then laying each one carefully open around her. Referring from one book to the next, Ash begins jotting down notes and other musings as the books' inspiration guides her creative mind. After a time, she pulls out a dry, sweet biscuit and munches quietly, re-reading her page of small, neat writing.
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running:

29. - Top - End - #179
    Ogre in the Playground

Rabbit

Rabbit sullenly helped with the process of the digging. He frowned a bit at the obvious waste of magical energy being expended in the process, but said nothing. Reaching under his shirt he brought out his symbol of Mystra when Mor said the rites for the dead, silently mouthing the bits he knew.

He plods along with Hammertouch, and will happily accept the shoulder ride if it is offered while catching up to the others.

4 d20's
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[11]
    (1d20)[3]

When the others are discussing the watch, he keeps silent. He liked his sleep, and would need time to read his spellbook.

Spoiler
    Show

[ooc] Spells page updated with current memorized spells.
    Last edited by Diarmuid; 2008-05-02 at 12:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Dwarf in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Ash

Spoiler
    Show
    OOC - Sorry! forgot my d20s (1d20)[13](1d20)[4](1d20)[12](1d20)[20]
    - Ravel Puzzlewell

Games I am running: