New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: The burning Lands IC

Xal

Disappointed at how they are greeted, she slowly moves back to the waters edge and waits there.
    Last edited by Narlhug; 2008-05-12 at 08:04 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

Once everyone has moved back, the cover on the box opens slightly, and you see Mileena's face peer out.

Seeing you a decent distance away, she steps out, keeping close to the entrance back into the box.

"But Momma, Jax said his fur was really soft! Please, let me go out there too!" Sheela's voice can be heard.

Mileena closes the box up again, not answering her daughter. "What do you want?" her voice is loud, shouting at you, trying and failing to hide the uneasiness in her voice.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jax

Jax risks floating a bit closer, slowly, and stopping if asked to.

We apologize for startling you, Mileena, especially since Sheela was very polite and nice. My name is Jax, and these are my friends.

Maybe you saw the light of a big fire aways over to the west? Well, that was our home. Now, we're going to look for a new home. We were looking for a place to get some water, and maybe something to carry the water in, if we can. Oh, and some string or twine or something, maybe. And if there's something we can do to say thank you, and sorry for scaring you, I'm sure we'd help, right?

She looks back at her companions for reassurance.

Anagorax is awful strong, and I'm pretty good at getting things down from high branches. Maybe we can help each other?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

"Apperantly I am now a rug." mutters jirono in agony.
    Then he turns to Mileena saying "Can I PLEASE come out of the water? I really hate getting wet, takes hours to clean my fur after that."

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Mileena looks at you all, before turning back to the box. "Sheela, go get some towels!" After a moment, the little girl walks out of the box with an armful of cloth. Mileena takes them from her and motions for her to stay there, before turning and walking closer to you all.

She sets the cloth down about ten feet from you all. "I'm sorry, I just meant to stay at the edge of the water, not in the water. Although, I guess that does mean you listen. I did get closer and you didn't attack, after all." She steps back. "Dry off with these, and then I'll see what I can do to answer your questions, I guess. I did see the fire."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Orc in the Playground

Svartroxi

Not wanting to ruin the other's hopes of peaceful encounter Svartroxi keeps his thoughts to himself having heard nothing positive from his brethren about these pink-skinned dryads. Due to the circumstances at hand, Svartroxi was also hopeful that things could work out peacefully, but being wary of his size and stature decided to stay back as the others went forth in an attempt to make contact.

Watching from afar Svartroxi sat keeping low to the ground so as not to betray his presence to anyone looking. Things over by the boxes seemed to be going as he had figured from what he could tell, until it looked like the pink-skinned dryad came out of her box and approached his comrades.

"Well, look at that. I suppose now is as good a time as any to make myself known....I hope this doesn't mess things up."

Svartroxi stands to his full height as begins to make his way to his companions .
    Characters I Play
    Spoiler
    Show
    Artax Masters - Heavy Metal Master
    Badhbh o'Byrne - Practically dead already
    Dartanian Korsikova - Wilderness man and friend to all pokemon.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Troll in the Playground

With another approaching easily, and that large, Mileena's eyes widen as she looks to the others. "Please, please, please, tell me the one coming up is nice? Please?" She gets fairly skittish, taking small steps backwards, her eyes glued to Svartroxi's form.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jax

Oh, Svartroxi is EXTRA nice. And he's really handy to have around when you get lost in a new part of the forest.

Forest! That's what you could really help us with. Do you know of any forests near here? Aside from the one that way.

She points to the west, a bit sadly.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

"My gratitude" says jirono as he takes a towel, making a small bow, his sighting of humanoids led him to believe this is a sign of respect.
    Jirono cleans himself up a bit, then when svartroxi comes up he says "Nothing to worry, he jest chose to stay behind as he thought his appearance would be scary. and we have no interest in intimidating these who we wish to be friends with."

Jirono suddenly feels he forgot the lesson he learned too hardly a mere day ago, and he starts to sweep with his eyes for anything in the distance, looking for possible treats. "Constant attention, last time I forgot it cost me everything." he says quietly, speaking more to himself then anyone else.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Anagorax

Tight-lipped, the centaur forces a grimace into a smile. "Yes, I am able to do complete strenuous tasks for you, as well as provide healing, cure disease or bless your crops so they grow faster and yield a larger harvest for a full year, though perhaps you have another task we could accomplish? Was your home, too, threatened by the fire?"

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

Mileena shakes her head. "No, the fire didn't harm us, beyond putting a layer of ash over things. The wind finally blew it all away." She looks at Jax, rather having her eyes on the small creature than some of her larger friends. "You all don't need to do anything for us, that's alright. North of here four or five days is a town, lots of people there. They probably know where a good forest would be."

She pauses, looking behind her, to find that Sheela has crept out of the house and is now hiding behind her mother. "Momma, can I touch his fur? Jax said it was really soft. Please?"

Mileena sighs at her daughter. "Mr. Jireno? was it? Could she? I don't like to deny her much, since her father died."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

"I don't see a reason why not." says jirono "though please don't pull it, that kina hurts."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

Sheela steps around her mother, fearlessly approaching the group. She reaches a small hand out and tentatively touches Jirono's fur. She then giggles and looks to Jax. "You were right! It is soft!" She runs her hands through it a few times, before patting Jirono. "Thank you!" She smiles at Jirono.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jax

Jax glances at her companions, soliciting input, and then back to the big pink dryad.

Well, that's a beautiful thing. Now, Mileena, we are very very grateful to you, and to your daughter. I'm a bit confused about this tawn thing, though. What does such a thing look like? And doesn't it mind having so many, ah, things in i at once.

And, erm, is there any chance of getting some twine?

15. - Top - End - #105
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm trying to let others make some sort of posts, which is why I'm slow to update this guys. Anyone besides Toli want to take initiative?

Mileena tilts her head at Jax. "Umm, towns have a whole bunch of buildings. Bigger than my house." She waves her hand at the box of dead wood behind her. "They're made of stone or wood. I don't know how they'll react to you all." She picks Sheela up, hugging her daughter. "Probably not well, though."

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

((not really, nope. got nothing to add at this point.))

17. - Top - End - #107

NinjaGuy

Anagorax

"We appreciate your help, now, unless there is any way we can assist you we should probably be off," the centaur inclines his head and shoulders in a quick bow, then looks to the others for their assent.

Spoiler
    Show

Kinda unsure of what else needs being done here. Ready to get goin' unless a plot hook crops up.
    Last edited by NobleSavage; 2008-05-21 at 12:45 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Mileena shakes her head. "Unless you're going to go to town and shop for me, I don't think so."

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    So that was a "no" on the twine? It's really the only material she needs for her spell set.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, missed that request.

Sheela smiles at Jax. "I can get you some twine, Jax!" The little girl runs back into the house.

With Sheela now away from the group, Mileena looks to them. "I would ask that you do leave today, I have water pouches if you need them. My girl has an active enough imagination, and I know you all will be all she talks about for days to come."

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jax

Jax smiles hugely as the girl runs inside. Her enthusiasm reminded Chrysanthemum of her fellow petals. Soon it would be the time that they'd be helping the flowers prepare to...

No. It would never be that time again.

I - all right, Mileena. Well, thank you. A few pouches of water would be very helpful, thank you.

22. - Top - End - #112

NinjaGuy

Anagorax

"Actually the waterskins will do fine, we can come by our own water easily enough. I'd hate to see you go through trouble to help us with such an easy task." Stepping forward, Anagorax will accept the skins, slinging them across his back like saddlebags.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Mileena somewhat smiles at Anagorax. "You're welcome." she says.

About this time, Sheela comes running out of the house at full tilt. "Jaaaaxx! I've got some twiiiine!!" Indeed, in the girl's hands trails a probably four or five feet worth of twine, a bright blue color. The little girl stops and grins. "It's some of my favorite color too! Is this enough? Will you come back and play with me, Jax?"

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Jax

The pixie spirals down to come to rest on Sheela's hand. Her face becomes unusually sombre.

Sheela, I'd like to play with you, very much, but I can't. It's very important that my friends keep walking, and they'd be just lost without me.

But I want to thank you very much for your kindness, and I will never forget that the first Pink I ever met was such a brave and polite young lady.

She pauses, and reaches up to pluck a few hairs from her actively waving mop. She places them in Sheela's palm, and gently lifts the blue twine.

I thank you very much for this beautiful, beautiful twine. It's my favourite colour too.

Rising up, Jax calls back.

Now you keep that hair, and remember as you get older, that even if you stop believing in faerie, there's one that is going to keep believing in you.

Smiling owlishly at Xal and the others, Jax drifts up and away from the house, before she becomes foolishly emotional.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Troll in the Playground

Sheela looks down at the hairs in her hand, before nodding. "Okay." She says to the floating away Jax. "I'll always remember you, Jax."

26. - Top - End - #116

NinjaGuy

Anagorax

Waving farewell, the centaur shepherds their motley group after Jax. "Well that was painless enough," the centaur intones, matching pace with Svartroxi, "though the mother's reaction is telling. I wonder how a tribe of those creatures will react to us." Anagorax looks over to Saedew, a resolve stiffening his posture. "Lets just hope this grove isn't too far off."

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Jirono says only one thing as they get out of hear-distance, directed at jax. "Showoff."