New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Halfling in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: AOSH: Heavenly Host

((Agreed, he does not know the formula, and he's not looking for the ingredients. But he has had a lot of experience dealing with labs producing other forms of "super serum". He's just trying to use his knowledge of the types of specialized equipment needed in such labs help narrow the search. This lab may not use any of the same stuff, but hey, an investigation has to start somewhere.))

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

((OOC: Grrr the annoyances of double posting know no bounds.))
    Last edited by WillWolf; 2008-04-26 at 07:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jonas Novletsky

Jonas takes his thoughts off of the moment and addresses the others around him, "As long as we're doing introductions, I'm Jonas Novletsky. I have telekinetic abilities and a Masters in Physics and Chemistry. I can do some interesting things, like defy thermodynamics principles and transmute matter to a degree. I also have some clairvoyant capabilities, so if anyone would like, I could take a moment to picture this cult and pull up a few names we can look into, like simple cultist or street and town names, maybe even draw up a map of the compound if you want to wait that long...."

While stating all of this, he takes stock of a few faces, and the Prophet can feel some curiosity rising in him as he speaks, leading up to his question, "Doctor Morrison?"
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2008-04-26 at 07:46 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Quote Originally Posted by Collin152 View Post
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    If griffin-hugs are going around, I want in on them!
    Avery: What are you, some kind of grammar nazi?
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!
    Owner of adorable Wayriltar

4. - Top - End - #34
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

The Syren

Upon hearing his name, the Syren responds somewhat cheerfully:

"Hm? Yes? Did someone...wait. Wait. Damn..."
    he says, "I really need to remember not to answer to that name at times like this. Is it too late to convince you that I'm a potted plant?" he asks, again rendering himself visible as nothing more than a shrub in a planter.

5. - Top - End - #35

Jonas Novletsky

Jonas lets out a good natured laugh, acting almost as if being a plant was perfectly normal for him to see. "Strange as always Doctor. Don't you remember me? I was in one of your classes in my freshman year, before you disappeared. I made those stupid grammar jokes and gave you those polish folk-lore books."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.
    Millie: Yep. I've just invaded Grammar Czechoslovakia and duped Grammar Neville Chamberlain, and now it's off to Grammar Poland and Grammar World Conquest!!

6. - Top - End - #36

The Syren

"Jonas...Jonas, Jonas...Oh. Jonas. Yes," he says, and the illusionary pot disappears. The Syren waves his hand and the room fades away for both of them and a sepia-colored memory of the old classroom fills it.

"Yes, Jonas,"
    the Syren says as he fats the remembered-student's image on the back, "I remember you. Who'd have guessed? What are the odds? And a doctorate now, at that? Impressed."

7. - Top - End - #37

Jonas Novletsky

Jonas smiles sheepishly and shakes his head at the professor as he pats his image on the back, "Nah, I'm still working on the Doctorate part. Doing well getting towards it though! Like I said, I've got my master degrees. It's great seeing you again Doctor; Not a whole lot of professors seemed very interesting after meeting you."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WillWolf View Post
    ((OOC: Grrr the annoyances of double posting know no bounds.))
    ((You know you can delete your double post, right? Also, I didn't see your double post...))

"Instant answers? The clearing of all mysteries in the blink of an eye, mister Novletsky? I am not sure if I approve of anyone having that ability. After all, knowledge is power, and too much of it tends to corrupt. Especially if it is not gotten by the rightfull means of getting it"
    Kreon taps his copy of Moby **** again.

"That being said, I would like some names to investigate further. I might prefer the tradinitional research instead of being given things on a slab, but that does not mean I can ignore this resource that is put at our disposal"
    Avatar by the illustrious Dr. Bath.

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

Help me run my very first campaign.

9. - Top - End - #39

SwashbucklerGuy

The mention of hubris brings a wry smile to Tristan's face. . .for a moment.

"I suppose its not entirely unfair for you to draw that conclusion, Mr. Deugenensis. But I promise you my first priority is civilian safety, and the mission a very close second. Pride and glory don't come into it. I believe you'll find our stance on the glorification and fear generated by the media quite similar. I only keep my other name because its reputation is a useful tool in its own right.

As to that earlier business. . .suffice it to say that for personal reasons I track a group that runs in similar circles. I admit, I can be very blunt when an idea strikes. Caustic manner aside, its usually in the hopes of bringing pieces together. And I thank you for your candor. I'm glad to know I'll have someone to call "bull****" on me if I get too far out there.
    "

With that he offers his hand. And then, within moments, is thinking of questions regarding Jonas' clairvoyance in conjunction with possible strategies to investigate the leader of the cult.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhat hesitantly Kreon shakes Deathwish's hand.
    "Very well. I'm sure we'll make a great team. Now I think we've all been introduced enough. How about someone gives me some names so i can go out on the street and find these people? If no-one can help me in that department, I do have my own contacts..."

The essence of a riddle is that it states facts by means of a combination of impossibilities~Aristoteles

11. - Top - End - #41

Zero

I have a few 'street level' contacts, but they are in LA. Not much to say beyond that for me. Just pont us in the right direction I guess.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

12. - Top - End - #42

Jonas Novletsky

Jonas takes his mind out of his professors mindscape and turns to address Vigilante with yet more awkward humbleness, "Umm... I'm not sure I'd approve too much of something like that either, but that's not at all what I said I could do. It's more like being able to drop myself somewhere else and look around then total omniscience, but I can still get us some names."
    Last edited by King_of_GRiffins; 2008-04-27 at 10:54 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Barbarian in the Playground

Charles Heathrow - The Prophet

"It seems a bit.... wrong to be apologetic for your powers, there are some of us who have them by nothing more than serendipity(OOC Dictionary: Luck/Grace). No one should feel like their powers are wrong. That aside, this will be quicker than searching for information traditionally, and likely, will net us more accurate results. Lets see where it takes us."
    This avatar brought to you by ThreeShades.

14. - Top - End - #44

SwashbucklerGuy

"With a power like that, I think I'm glad Jonas expresses some humility. That said, Prophet is right-there's no need to be shy with your abilities around us. I'm curious, are you able to "view" more easily if you are given specific information to focus in on?

Pardon me Angel, but about how long do we believe their leader has been active? And are there any indications as to his nationality? I have a few reliable contacts still in the agency-but I can only rely on them sparingly. If indeed their weapons stockpile was stolen instead of purchased through arms dealers we can possibly infer our suspect garnered his knowledge of these caches from his previous military experience. Perhaps if we can pool enough variables together, they can run a check for inactive military personnel that would have had access to such knowledge. That's the best I've got for the moment.
    "

15. - Top - End - #45

Jonas Novletsky

Jonas gives a half-nervous nod and unwinds his shoulders some, letting his arms drop casually to his side. "Alright then, I'll try easing up a bit. It just feels a bit surreal still, ya' know?"

The college grad takes a breath and answers Tristans question. "I honestly don't need any more information than we have now; I know I'm looking for 'The Mars Cult', so I should be able to see something like where they have their base or what they happen to be doing as a group. Knowing what information we already have would be great so I don't spend time viewing things we already know about. It'd also give me other things I could potentially try viewing."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

16. - Top - End - #46

Morrison Lane

"If you need some help,"
    the Syren says, lowering his glasses down his nose, "I can probably help with the scrying. Never worked with another psychic before, though."

17. - Top - End - #47

"Speaking of scrying, you'd be surprised what I can do with my future sight, its application is limited in situations like this though, the more variables there are the more probabilities there are, the future is mutable so my conscious mind is not good at picking up trends due to the complexity, but if someone can assist me in establishing a trance I can ride different probabilities into the future and see what paths they offer. Trust me when I say that it is fun as hell to look into a thousand futures, sadly just the very act of me looking into the future crushes certain probabilities out. Its mind boggling to me how powerful knowledge is when it comes to the future. I'm sorry I'm blathering..... It should probably also be known that I can look into the past as well so if you can say find something that belongs to a cult member I could probably use it to determine their location. Sorry that's a lot of information, my power is complex and almost as much of a mystery to me as anyone else."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

The Vigilante

"We have three psychics?"
    Kreon shakes his head dissaprovingly.
    "How about you guys stop bragging about your brilliant powers already and conjur me up some names? I don't believe in psychics, because their mere existence makes the future impossible to predict, but if you can spit out some names I'll go after them regardless. Just please hurry up. People are dying as we speak"

19. - Top - End - #49

"I have nothing to work with at the moment, a name isn't enough for me, and sifting through the enormous amount of probabilities in the future without some sort of anchor is pure futility for me. One of these others would be better suited to this particular task. Unless someone has a way of getting me into a trance, then I might be able to sift through it all in a reasonable amount of time."
    Last edited by Valairn; 2008-04-27 at 04:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Valairn View Post

"I have nothing to work with at the moment, a name isn't enough for me, and sifting through the enormous amount of probabilities in the future without some sort of anchor is pure futility for me. One of these others would be better suited to this particular task. Unless someone has a way of getting me into a trance, then I might be able to sift through it all in a reasonable amount of time."
    "Getting into a trance? I've got the perfect way"
    Kreon takes a quite large bag of green leaves out of one of the pockets of his trenchcoat.
    "Take it. I can't feel the stuff anyways. I even tried stronger stuff. Still nothing. Take it"

21. - Top - End - #51

Jonas Novletsky

Quite a few possibilities fly though Jonas's mind; Three psychic, working in tandem, could really get something done. "Wow, this is a bit crazy now, isn't it? We've got to keep this idea out here. If the three of us could find someway to connect at once, it'd... it'd be crazy! After we do this, I think practicing on something like that would be a good priority."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

22. - Top - End - #52

SwashbucklerGuy

Deathwish returns to researching on his computer if Angel doesn't have further need ot it. "Not to worry Kreon. Old fashioned investigation will always have its place. No matter how easily obtainable the answers may be, you still need to know which questions to ask."

Without missing a beat he continues researching and turning conversation to others in the room while the "scryers" do their thing.

"I hate cults. It always worries me that the heavily armed nut shooting at me could have been a normal person if they weren't so brainwashed. Anomaly, if you don't mind my asking, approximately how many people could you disarm or incapacitate at once, and at what distance?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

((OOC: Mr. EdwardNigma, it went like this ... I created and posted, but it said 'connection lost' so about two hours later (because I foolishly left before I saw it say 'connection lost' and saw it, I backed up once, pressed send again and you got the above post in which said the same thing as post above, which I edited to say "grr, ect". There you go. A double post on my account.))

Brute:

Brute literally yawned at the sound of all this gibberish and long words. As much as he liked helping people, these people just seemed to talk a lot. He shrugged, not having anything to say if anyone bothered to look at him; he wasn't a huge hairy fan of psychics and fortune tellers, thoughts were his own and he didn't like people digging through his mind-stuff more than anyone else. Again this was not his area of expertise, but that really didn't bother him.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

The only real name I've got is Peter Chris Albertson, for those of you doing the searching. says the Angel,
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer, human shields offering free cover.

25. - Top - End - #55

Max

B-Good's head, which had slowly been drooping, jerked up due to getting smacked in the ear by Froog mang. Jesus freaking Christ. You guys are more boring than my parents. Where are the bad guys so we can beat em up already!?
    He perked up, however, after sniffing a very familiar scent. Who's got the weed? Maybe you guys aren't so bad after all!
    Last edited by The Cats; 2008-04-27 at 09:38 PM.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

26. - Top - End - #56

Jonas Novletsky

With two names in mind, Jonas lies down on the floor and relaxes his body, releasing his mind and traveling to places elsewhere to see what is occurring. Where is the Mars Cult? Where is Peter Chris Albertson? What is he doing? he thinks to himself as he tries to visualize these things, waiting for this remote view of things to come to him, ready to describe anything he sees in his vision.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aww, a griffin! Cute!
    Heyheyheyheyheyhey.

27. - Top - End - #57

"Linking up? I never would have thought of that in a million years. Damn good idea though. I don't have any power over minds though, I can see the future, which can be a reasonable facsimile to mind reading, but what I do isn't psychic. I have no power to manipulate minds or the like." He took the leaves, and without missing a beat pulled out some thin paper out of his back pocket, and got to rolling. When he was finished he touched the end of it and it lit. "Do you want reimbursement for this? This stuff ain't free."

He closed his eyes and instead of getting on the floor, he just rocked back and forth on his heels opening his mind to what could be and what already was. The air moved slightly around him. Every now and then he would raise his hand up and smoke a little more, he obviously had done this multiple times before.
    Last edited by Valairn; 2008-04-27 at 09:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58

Dude... you gonna pass that or what?
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop

29. - Top - End - #59

The Prophet

Charles blinks, "Oh crap man sorry. I forget some people actually use this stuff to enjoy themselves, its just a tool for me."

He hands it over.

30. - Top - End - #60

Heh, now this guy I could definitely learn to like. Froog Mang rolled his eyes and reminded Max that since no one else could see him, it probably wasn't a good idea to talk to him while other people were around. ... Puff, puff, pass.
    BokaliMali
    Catatar By Sensate
    Shoop-da-Whoop