New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: R.I.P Humph

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default R.I.P Humph

Humphrey Littleton, the host of I'm sorry I haven't a clue died on the 25th of April.

I didn't have experience with his works outside of I'm Sorry I Haven't a Clue, but in the show he was great. He kept the show together and was a fantastic deadpan presence. If they keep the show going, its definitely not going to be the same.

He had a long life, and was a great figure in British radio comedy. Despite this it makes me sad that a voice that I've been listening and laughing to since I was little is gone.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: R.I.P Humph

Also, it should not be forgotten that before he gained fame as a quite frankly brilliant radio host on ISIHAC, Humph was one of the best British Jazz trumpeters of the late 40s/50s.

I'm sure he will be sorely missed by many.
    "No plan survives contact with the enemy? No plan survives contact with my map!" - Anon. Officer Cadet, RMA Sandhurst 2005

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

No way in hell can I let this go with only one reply. Its even my msn message currently.
    Humph was probably who Id like to end up as. A jazz musician who worked on a comedy series. He was a great, funny man, if a little dirty at times. he always seemed to make it funny though.
    Heres to a great funny man *raises glass and drinks*
    Thank Saturn for this avatar!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Damn. I know he was nearly 87, so it's not like it was totally unexpected but even so. This is a sad day indeed for British radio.

So as the drill of time bores into the tooth of destiny, and as the un-anaesthetised patient of mortality punches the dentist of sorrow, we all notice it's the end of a distinguished and much-loved man's life.
    Rest well Humph, we'll all tell a dirty anecdote about Samantha in your honour.