New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Ruins of Rubix (IC)

Joshua

As he continues eating, Joshua ponders Joram's idea. "That is a possibility. If you can distract him, I should be able to catch him off guard, but only if I can get protection from his divinations. If that is unavailable, we may have to try a different approach, but this is a good start. As for the social smarts, I believe that Jack has claim to that terratory."
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

"Well, I assume I'm the distraction then. I doubt even his strongest could defeat me is one-on-one combat, so I can pretty much make him look my way."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack shakes his head as he finishes chewing his last bite before saying: "Da problem with an outright visible assault on his forces is he don't have any visible forces to attack now. Violence could work once we find em, but he'll need ta be found first. As for questions, best we can do is get a start now. Eat up, I don't want to make food stops till this is done."

My Homebrew.

Master Ref Of the Arena Tournament!
    Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Arena Combatants: | Dense | Mad Al | Twang | De'Athbypro Xie

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Just point me toward his house and I'll Blow the front wall in. That ought distract him.
    Sig is getting out of hand, so into the spoiler box it goes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

"Considering there is no law enforcement there, we can simply go in and attack randomly, good chance we will hit his followers, anyone else is probably too weak and will avoid us after we make a name."
    Last edited by hexbox; 2008-05-20 at 05:15 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Rovinel

"Attacking randomly is a sure way to get ourselves killed. Even if that weren't the case, we still have to find him and his followers first. Anyways we've probably gotten about as much info as we can tonight without arousing suspicion. I'm going to bed."
    With that Rovinel zips over to the counter and pays the innkeeper (that 5 gold better cover the room too, that a lot!), tips the barmaid, and goes to bed.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

((Bed? We just ate breakfast!, A very good breakfast that will last all day, but still just breakfast))

Jack

Jack finnishes his meal and starts for the door (5gp now deducted from sheet)

"Well, time to start. Maybe we'll get lucky n find the guy before lunch, but it could just as easily take me all day and part of da night too. I make no promises of time, 'cept that we'll find him sometime before sunrise tomorrow. Now don't look at me like that, that just be da worst that could happen, it shouldn't take quite that long, I hope."

First 4 hours of Urban Tracking:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Urban Tracking: First 4 hours block of tracking time.
    Gather Info - (1d20+14)[17]
    Gather Info - (1d20+14)[31]
    Gather Info - (1d20+14)[33]
    Gather Info - (1d20+14)[28]

If he ever comes across a location where knows Hekim has been within the last couple hours he'll switch to traditional tracking to attempt to speed the hunt.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #98

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Joshua almost chokes on his food at Nirshal's suggestion. "Attack at random? Are you insane? That would be suicide! No matter how strong we are, word of a group of lunatics running around killing everyone they meet will get every vigilante, bounty hunter and gangster out on our tails. We'd be too busy fighting off attacks by everyone else to worry about finding our target. Not to mention, even if we survive, everyone would know us! Any sort of stealthy mission would fail by default, at least in this section of town. And since this is one of the best areas to hide, anyone trying to hide comes here. We wouldn't be able to show our faces here again!" Having finished his rant, Joshua sighs deeply and settles down again. Maybe this really wasn't a good idea after all... We're going to get way too much attention doing this...

"I agree with Jack and Rovinel. We need to know who we are attacking before we make any movement. Then we need to strike hard and draw out our target, then..." Joshua reaches into his pack pocket and pulls out a small vial of liquid, smiling slowly. "Let's see how he likes this"

(Edited to account for Jack's actions)

"That sounds good to me. I'll help out any way that I can." Joshua finishes his meal and quickly pays the innkeeper, then follows Jack out the door.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'll just roll Gather Info. for aid another checks. Joshua will try to avoid becoming the centre of attention, but will help Jack if he needs it.
    [roll=Gather Info]1d20[/roll]
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-05-20 at 10:23 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

9. - Top - End - #99

SolithKnightGuy

Ok, the dice roller hates me apparently.
    Try again.
    (1d20)[14]
    (1d20)[20]
    (1d20)[5]
    (1d20)[10]
    All gather info.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

You manage to locate the 3 bases of "The Cult of Anamar" (it seems that this is the name of the group Hekim.) maybe there are additional bases, but none that you found out of. hekim himself visits them all time to time, but one of the three seems to be his main base, he was seen going there the most.

Unfortunately you drew out some attention, and a crossbow bolt hits Joshua's back. he takes 7 damage and might want to roll a fort save. other bolts fired at you missed their targets.

A look at the opponents reveals 7 of them, each armed with a hand-crossbow and a shortsword. the are 60 ft. away from you.

((rolls I make are tabletoped, in case you wonder where are the numbers from. I don't want you even to know what dices I roll.

and FYI-you can't put rolls into an edit, its not that the dice hates you.))
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-05-21 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cormag81 View Post
    2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Rovinel

Spoiler
    Show
    ((Haha, I thought it was the night before! ))

First things first, adding my Gather Informations to the 4 hours of hunting:

Gather Information - (1d20+16)[35]
    Gather Information - (1d20+16)[34]
    Gather Information - (1d20+16)[17]
    Gather Information - (1d20+16)[20]

Already invisible, Rovinel zips up as the first bolt flies by. As he flies he draws both his daggers, and once at a safe height, casts Shield on himself.

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 38/38
    AC: 25 (29 after Shield)
    Initiative: 19

Move action: Fly towards the bandits and up 15' While drawing both daggers.
    Standard action: Cast Shield on self.

Are all 7 bandits the same? Do I recognize the race, affiliation, class, or anything else about any of them? Does one looks more like an arcanist than the others? Does it looks like any of them can see me?

Knowledge Arcana - (1d20+14)[21]
    Spellcraft - (1d20+16)[19]
    Spot - (1d20+13)[31]
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2008-05-21 at 03:01 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

as soon as the arrows start flying Joram hits as many of the baddies as he can.

Spoiler
    Show
    Energy Missile on the 5 baddies in the middle, leave the end ones to my teammates. They can't ALL have evasion!
    Ok, I rolled all my damage IRL, so the 5 people in the middle take 60 electricity damage Reflex DC 27 for half. :D If you are going to roll things irl can you at least roll the saves on the boards? cause I am throwing up some pretty high saves.
    Spoiler
    Show

Special thanks to Fayt for the AWESOMEly complicated and cool avatar! i gave him a hypnotoad in return!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

If we hit the Bullseye Then the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards...checkmate

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

MammonAzrael-humans, none of them has features making him unique.
    You can't really know class by how they LOOK. only by how they fight. and you cant tell if they can see you, they are looking at the group in general.

For Rovinel:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can seee that something is not right, but you can't put your finger on it.
    Actually, the seven guys are really similar. only minor differences between them.

Roland Deschain-players does not have the privilege of rolling IRL yaknow...sometimes they cheat a little (For the DM it matters not, I can put up more bad guys if I want.)
    As for save rolls-it hints you on what your opponents are. I think its safe to say now that your gnoll opponent was a partly a monk, very good saves all around. (good con+good dex+good wis. and the class saves.) he had a great chance to completely avoid damage back there.

2117: No matter how good a debater I am out of character there is no way to logically get out of falling after your paladin kills his patron god.

14. - Top - End - #104

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp 36/45, AC 23, touch 23, ff 23 (the ninja bonus applies to hp, but mythweavers doesn't seem to want to include it), Ki points 8/9

As the arrow hits him, Joshua mutters, "Blast it!" Quickly clenching his hands, he starts to fade away and begins moving towards the opponents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort - (1d20+5)[6] Gah! a freakin' natural 1!
    Initiative - (1d20+9)[21]
    I'm using 1 ki point to turn etherial, then double moving to get behind one of the end ones. If anyone gets into melee before my turn, I move to flank with them. I also draw both weapons en rout.
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-05-21 at 02:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

With a mild explicative Jack ducks around the side of a building/tree etc for cover and snaps a shot off while his small canine companion scrambles for the safety of complete cover. ((Jack has a dog: a mutt of questionable origin that keeps him company. He doesn't take it indoors which is why it hasn't been on the scene until now.))

Spoiler
    Show

Attack - (1d20+13)[30] damage - (1d8+4)[5]

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Pixie in the Playground

A bit too far. I assume I move in closer and take cover behind my shield.

Init: (1d20)[5]

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Horrid delay caused by the stress of two very important tests. sorry about that.

The guy's struck by Joram's energy missiles crumble down in seemingly unnatural angles of limbs. you are pretty sure a human body can't do that.

The one struck by Jack seems not to care much.

Joshua feels the poison running through his veins, dealing (1d2)[2] con damage.

The surviving members of the group attempts to slash Joshua with thier shortswords, yet misses completely.

A sound from above makes you look at one of the roofs, a man is standing there, watching. several skeletal figures are around him, three canines and two humanoids. he seems to make no hostile actions at the moment. his eyes are folded, yet he seems to be watching very closely.
    The man has multiple scars, signs of battles fought long ago, probably won by him. his left hand is replaced by something metalic that resembles a real arm, somewhat.
    The man looks like this: (Yay for tekteking important NPC's? can you guess who this guy is?)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by boomwolf; 2008-05-24 at 06:39 PM.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

Horrid delay caused by the stress of two very important tests. sorry about that.

The guy's struck by Joram's energy missiles crumble down in seemingly unnatural angles of limbs. you are pretty sure a human body can't do that.

The one struck by Jack seems not to care much.

Joshua feels the poison running through his veins, dealing (1d2)[2] con damage.

The surviving member of the group attempts to slash Joshua with his shortsword, yet misses completely.

A sound from above makes you look at one of the roofs, a man is standing there, watching. several skeletal figures are around him, three canines and two humanoids. he seems to make no hostile actions at the moment. his eyes are folded, yet he seems to be watching very closely.
    The man has multiple scars, signs of battles fought long ago, probably won by him.
    The man looks like this: (Yay for tekteking important NPC's? can you guess who this guy is?)
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Rovinel

Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 38/38
    AC: 29
    Initiative: 19

Move action: Fly past the curious cyborg, launching an Acid Splash while in range.
    Standard action: Using Wand of Acid Splash on the cyborg, pulling 1d6 of sneak attack to steal See Invisibility (2nd lv spell). If he doesn't have it, then a spell is stolen at random.

UMD - (1d20+16)[27]
    Acid Splash Ranged Touch Attack - (1d20+13)[24]
    Acid Splash damage - (1d3)[3] + Sneak Attack - (1d6)[2]

He must make a DC 5 Fort save or be Staggered for 1 round.
    Last edited by MammonAzrael; 2008-05-24 at 07:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #110

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Spoiler
    Show
    Hp 26/45 AC 23, touch 23, flat footed 23, Ki points 7/9

Joshua gasps in agony as the poison spreads through his system. Clasping his hands together again, his form quickly begins shifting in and out of focus as his sword raises to strike at his foe. He spares only the shortest of glances at the new man on the building. He could be their target. If he was, then their entire plan just went out the window.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a swift action to activate Ki Dodge, 20% miss chance until my next turn.
    Full attack:
    attack 1 - (1d20+10)[30]
    confirm 1 - (1d20+10)[21]
    damage 1 - (1d6+3)[9]
    attack 2 - (1d20+5)[23]
    confirm 2 - (1d20+5)[7]
    damage 2 - (1d6+3)[5]
    How high is the building he's on?
    Last edited by shaddy_24; 2008-05-25 at 12:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Yea, should have noted the guy is 50 ft. high on that roof.

Waiting for other characters.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Charge! striking down the one hit by Jack.

Attack (1d20+11)[30]
    Damage (1d8+7)[10]
    Vicious (2d6)[2]
    Vicious to me (1d6)[2]

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

ANY action from the other two players? (psidog, ronald?)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

See how his companions appear to have the ground attack firmly under control Jack jogs up the side a building he was standing close to and calls out to the man from the top: "Good Afternoons Sir! Mind if I ask you a few questions?" If possible Jack says this from behind a chimney or some other form of rooftop cover.

Spoiler
    Show

Double move action, Up-The-Walls.
    Heading up whatever building is closest to the man (that the man isn't actually on) that he can reach and then scale with 80 ft of movement.
    Last edited by Psionic Dog; 2008-05-28 at 04:59 PM.

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Fine, I assume ronald is stunned.

The last two members of the seven guys die quite easily, weaker then they look.

Rovinel fails to reach his mark as an invisible force stops him from doing so. the "cyborg" does not however seem to notice him. unfortunately his answer to jack is "I am not planning to tell you anything. but this fight became unnecessary. I for one see no reason to continue."

26. - Top - End - #116

SolithKnightGuy

Joshua

Joshua scrambles to put away his sword and pull out the poison from his bag. This guy could be trouble, and if things went bad, he would need some ready. especialy if he was their target, though Jack's reaction suggested otherwise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spending one move action to put away sword and another to pull drow knockout poison from the haversack.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Joram finally shakes himself from his revere.Well then you with the skeleton entourage, you have 6 seconds to explain why you are watching us before I become needlessly violent. and he then sets himself for a reply, violent or otherwise.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the bone friend stranger or his skeletons take any hostile action towards the party or refuses to answer the question, Joram launches a Sonic Energy ball at him, dealing (10d6-10)[29] to him, his bone buddies, and the surrounding building structure...ignoring hardness! :D
    Last edited by Roland Deschain; 2008-05-30 at 03:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118
    Ogre in the Playground

"My name is Zenrid, and the reason I am watching you is that you do things not to my liking. thats all you need to know." says the man as he he jumps off the other side of the house, but his skeletal escort remains in place, all watching you.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

"So....fight or not?" I ask, confused.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Ogre in the Playground

Jack

Jack rushes to the edge of his roof and looks to try and see which direction "Zenrid" went as well as his method of travel. He calls back to his companions: "Let's pass on da fight'n for da moment: Anyone know anythn about who that man is?"

My Homebrew.

Assorted Arena stuff:
    Spoiler
    Show